Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

The Red Pyramid is pretty good- you should read it. The Percy Jackson series is really interesting; there were a lot of twists and turns in the storyline.

Yup. Not many authors can surprise me; Rick Riordan was one of the ones who could.

The books were awesometastic, I have not yet seen the movie, but my friend said it was really annoying to see the plot change so much.

My friend gave me the third book for my birthday and loved them. xd.png I read through number five before going back and reading the first two; but personally, the latter three are the best.

I heard the movie was okay/not very good...I want to see it anyway.

my favorite was definitely the last book xd.png

The books are great, read them a few times. I havent seen the movie and dont really plan too, one thing that annoys me about his writing style, mainly in The Red Pyramid, is that he doesnt really go into that much detail about how things work in the crazy magical universe, he just like It works because I said so.

Amen to that, sir! I tip my hat to you!

Total agreement. I thought this series was better than the Red Pyramid though. Definitely one of Riordan's best works.

@Vang: blink.gif Your library hasn't had all the other books yet? Mine has had all of them for a while.

no, I put a request in and they are taking forever to get here. :\

I've read all the books in the series and I loved each and every one of them, even though they're not my favorite series. I don't think i'll watch the movie anytime soon. I haven't heard alot.png of good things about it.

I've only read the first of The Olympians series, and I was. . . not particularly impressed, frankly.

It might have something to do with the fact that I've been reading more difficult, more substantive books since I was nine, but even so, I don't think it stood up to the hype. The writing style was somewhat rudimentary and simple, in my opinion, and it automatically loses points with me for being in a first person perspective. The story itself was fine, and it was definitely something different, but some parts of it didn't make a lot of sense, and a few parts seemed to serve no real purpose, and were just there because the author thought it was cool. On the other hand, it was vivid and easy enough to understand and follow, so it does earn some points for that.

As for the mythological background, I can tell the author did his research. He did not make a number of the glaring errors a lot of other supposed mythology nuts tend to make. On the other hand, that does make the errors he does make even more glaring in comparison.

Now, I suppose staying completely true to the attitude of the Greek gods would not have been particularly. . . child friendly, as it were, and to his credit Mr. Riordan did a very good job conveying the. . . adulterous nature of the gods, so to speak, without making the books less child-friendly, but there's just not a lot of the same attitude there, and that bothers me. It seems he sort of tried to keep the proper sort of attitude of some of the gods, and didn't even bother trying with some of the others. Ah well.

As a final verdict, a fun book to read, but definitely not remotely the most challenging or interesting. I won't be reading it again.

What i've heard was that they made Luke die in the movie. I think they should make a movie for each book, like the Harry Potter series, and let Luke die in the last one, like the books.

I agree.

Although they didn't really show him dying...he just flew out of sight. *being vague so there's no spoilers*

Ooh, I just remembered a thing that bugged me. Highlight to read, 'cause it's got spoilers.

It was odd how Percy made himself immortal in the way of Achilles, so he's immortal and messed up and stuff, but at the end of the book it seems to be ignored even though there was fuss about it before. I mean, did he magically become mortal again?

Edited by soupnazi

I don't think Luke died; he just flew out of sight. If they want to continue making PJ movies, they can't have

future Kronos form dying!

That's what I was saying, Pine. They messed up the plot so much they can't continue making PJ movies unless they mess up the plot of those, too.