Alec

Runescape

I heard through the rumor mill, if they give another prize next year it will be a golden saw. You would be able to use it as a regular saw and to cut down trees.

The Golden Hammer is pretty epic, the spin emote is my favourite. I liked the idea of using golden crackers to distribute these Hammers instead of say, a mini event. This allowed more of the player base to obtain them. I don't actually use the hammer for smithing though, not all that time effective when you could use a hammer that gave double experience at the cost of taking up an inventory space.

A golden saw would be an interesting type of item to have if the rumour turned out to be true. Would be pretty decent if it were wield-able as well.

Reading the FAQ on the return of the Wilderness and Free trade made me wanna frown a little. I mean sure, the idea of allowing PK'ers to PK the way they want to be is ok, but the gravestone option in other areas such as barrows is a bit of a low blow. Imagine doing a barrows run, someone sees you die keeping three not too great items, you had say five mill worth of gear on and that person wanted those items. They could easily overlook your gravestone until it crumbled, taking the items for themselves. D:

Okay that example was bad, if you had an Ectophial or house teleport to Kharyll taking more than 5 minutes to get to Barrows is a little extreme. Change barrows to another popular area such as Ice Strikewryms or Mithril Dragons, usually people take more expensive gear there. I would be a little annoyed by someone taking my gear, to be honest I'd rather it disappear altogether. But yeah that's just me being spiteful. tongue.gif

If you saw someones grave in an area that would suggest they took hard to obtain or expensive gear, would you bless/repair their gravestones?

I would bless/repair it. I know how you feel. I don't really mind the PK'ing comming back, but I want no part of it. Not sure if I will ever try the Mith dragons again. I don't want some clan attacking me when I need all my good armour for this task, don't think the risk of losing it is worth it.

Edited by j-pond

Well the day has come....the original WILD is back. I am one of the few that voted against it, and wish it didn't come back. I also am not a fan of free trade, in my opinion it is going to wreck the market and bring back to many scammers.

What is your opinion?

I play on and off now that free trade and stuff is back think it will be easyer to get higher levels now happy.gif

Just lvl'd Herb to 75 and Summoning to 69, last night. Last week lvl'd prayer to 70 which gave me combat 128.

I'm almost to my Dungeoneering goal. Currently 93, aiming for 95 so I have access to my first Warped floor. Not aiming for 99 just yet. I got Runecrafting set to 99. Currently 94, very close to 95.

I found out that I'm actually level 102 in combat when I hit f2p world/wilderness about 1 week ago. My Summoning level(91) boosts my combat level by 11 which gives me my p2p combat of 113. ^^

blah im [sort-of] playing again. im not letting myself sub my old main so i dont really get back into it, but im working on my low level pker. currently botting the crud out of him.

I was playing, just now and there was a glitch of a guy in a bank.

When he was just standing there, everything was fine, but when he started fletching, his bottom half would dissapear. His upper body would be floating in the air.

user posted image

EDIT: And yes, that is me with the Jack-o-lantern head.

Edited by Kanaye

Hilarious Kanaye, my friend told me about that glitch but I hadn't seen it yet. If I enjoyed Fletching at all I'd fletch just to see that glitch. xd.png

I found out that I'm actually level 102 in combat when I hit f2p world/wilderness about 1 week ago. My Summoning level(91) boosts my combat level by 11 which gives me my p2p combat of 113. ^^

Nice summoning level, I had trouble getting level 74 at that combat level (I still am sitting at that combat level too). I mainly used penguin points from 70 onwards though. ;_;

Free trade is sort of a double edged knife, you see that many bots running to and from the Varrock rune essence mine it's not funny. On the other hand, you can give your friends whatever amount of cash or items you wish.

@Kanaye

That glitch sort of appeared right after the Elemental Workshop IV update. It happens to everyone when someone is fletching and having no armor/garments legs equipped... I think.

@VampiricOmen

Yea, that's just one of the pros and cons about the free trade aspect. Although I feel like the bots were given more dominance than to the actual players. dry.gif

When I mind rune ess, I am actually the one mining it. I hate when I talk to someone in the Ess place and they don't answer back.

Hmm, maybe I should report them all for botting.

I need to get my Rune Crafting lvl up. It's my only lvl under 50. Maybe I should start my Ess runs again and do Rune Craft for the Double XP weekend.

I think I might train Herblore for the Double XP weekend, currently at 75 and getting a few levels wouldn't hurt. Though I doubt I'd be able to get more than two. Either that or Hunter, Hunter is annoyingly annoying to train.

I've noticed the price of things like fish have gone down since free trade was brought back, dropped by 50% since the time I trained cooking. Sucks really, because I lost money on it. Not much, though it was a lot to me at the time. Not to mention a lot of things are crashing, but that's probably because hoarders realised they weren't going to profit much with the update.

Can't stand mining rune essence, too monotonous (though I can't really say it is, mining coal is worse). Yeah, bots were essentially given much, much more freedom with this update and they now don't even need to do quests to have a half decent trade limit. If you do report them, good luck as there is enough there to make you wish you had a bot vaporizer gun. xd.png

Have you tried rune crafting Air, Earth or Water Runes using Rune Crafting Gloves obtained from Fist of Guthix, Kanaye? They double experience per essence for not much time spent at Fist of Guthix. They also last 1000 essence. That was the method I used to train until 70 Runecrafting. Mighty boring, but wasn't half as bad as running to and from the Nature Altar (though I could've profited more there lol).

I play.. I'm a level.. Argh, it's been a month or so since i've played. I think it's about 88.. Anyways, I like my whip. It's fun to hit people. smile.gif

Edited by Mistshadow

Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted here. Since my last visit I gained one more 99. Slayer this time. I retired from slayer after 99 because I had neglected my non combat skills in pursuit of 99. With the upgrade to the ring of wealth I've started up slaying again, for a while at least. I am using mage now because I am thoroughly sick of melee and still cannot stand to range. Yesterday I hit 98 magic, I'm probably going to go till 99 but who knows, I may stop early. Anyways, I am glad to see this topic still lives, I'll try to nto be such a stranger. Seeya.

I just leved up my attack its now 93 and my slayer is now 90. I need less than 200k till 98constitution. I am still working on slayer, I want the slayer cape. I took a short break from it and raised my hunter, forget what i'm at right now. I also did a few new quest, still have a ton to do, will be working on a bit of crafting and herb. Should be able to level both this weekend and then it's back to slayer!

Well I fell off the wagon and started slaying again. This time around I have been working on other skills besides melee though so it's not a total waste. Namely mage and range. I finished 99 mage over a week ago and am now just ranging, 93/99 with ~5m exp to go.

*revive?*

New GE update, along with Edgeville and new spell sounds

and how about them citadels >.>

I used to play Runescape, but my computer messed up and I had to get another one.... And I don't have the installations to play it now sad.gif But I was only like level 30 some tongue.gif

So I didn't lose much happy.gif

lol What? So, I look at my email and find this message:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

And I just facepalmed hardcore. Seriously runescape? I stopped playing over four years ago. The last time I played was in middle school. Now I'm in college. And I already knew my account had been stolen ages ago by a classmate who looked over my shoulder while I was typing my password. Now here's the kicker, you already froze my account too. Not that I cared, since I knew it wasn't my fault and I was over the game at that point. But four years later? Seriously?

Edited by Walker

I love runescape, my fav skills are hunter, thief, agility, and dungoneering