bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

When I go through to the fansite either through my front-page link or the site, it shows up only as text and informs me, when I try to go through, that it's an insecure link?

Edit: Am I the only one? I can get through just fine to do Clicks and entries on DDF and Silvi's looks also perfectly normal, yet my entered dragons are still picking up Views apparently through AOND, despite my not being able to see any dragons on black and white typed primitive pages I'm getting today on AOND, which was normal yesterday... And this is occurring both through my handy link and the one in DC forums.

Edited by Syphoneira

18 minutes ago, bluedog said:

I can see only text and it will not accept the eggs and hatchlings. :(

Still like that for me, too... I wonder why us? Are you using Linux? AOND might not be compatible at the moment with some systems, perhaps due to the same problem pinkgothic mentioned above, if bbik's been too busy to see the message/fix it?

29 minutes ago, Syphoneira said:

perhaps due to the same problem pinkgothic mentioned above

If you have a browser or browser plug-in that tries to turn everything to HTTPS, that might cause the problem, depending on how the site is transformed to HTTPS by the process.

Nonetheless, just to clarify, my particular case was fairly unique to me, I don't think it would explain anyone else's woes (my ISP was hijacking HTTP connections, trying to entice us to update our router software -- which we were interested in doing, we just wanted to find out first whether it was the router itself or our ISP doing the hijacking! XD We know now and it's been resolved, I can use the site normally again, but I'd still love the <base> tag to be removed so I don't have to use it via HTTP).

Thanks, pinkgothic! Did manage to get my new eggs in just now; the ?insecure? page I was sent to had the egg entry way below immediately-visible areas of the page, which I just finally tried scrolling down to see, lol. Not just script-only but a very weird set-up there, on my screen...

Edit: and just pulled said new eggs out -  3 AM, waiting for the cat to come in and it appears that my brain had managed to get off to sleep even though the rest of me has to stay up...

Edited by Syphoneira

On 9/20/2020 at 12:44 PM, Syphoneira said:

When I go through to the fansite either through my front-page link or the site, it shows up only as text and informs me, when I try to go through, that it's an insecure link?

Edit: Am I the only one? I can get through just fine to do Clicks and entries on DDF and Silvi's looks also perfectly normal, yet my entered dragons are still picking up Views apparently through AOND, despite my not being able to see any dragons on black and white typed primitive pages I'm getting today on AOND, which was normal yesterday... And this is occurring both through my handy link and the one in DC forums.

I'm having the same issue. The site is just white with black text and blue links, and I get a pop-up warning about an insecure connection when I put in my scroll name. (I do see dragon images all the way at the bottom of the page, though.)

Maybe something like what is happening with Evina's, which has thrown up a 403 error since yesterday ? Some kind of API change ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Maybe something like what is happening with Evina's, which has thrown up a 403 error since yesterday ? Some kind of API change ?

Unlikely. The error on Evina's states that something is wrong on its own server, and it affects everyone.

If it was an API issue, *all* other sites would have the same problem - which they don't.

On the other hand, the AoND issue does NOT affect everyone. E.g. I have no issues with it. It seems to be an issue with how data is being served/used?

You could look for a common thing with those that get the error. Browser? ISP?

I can't even access the site anymore I get an error message saying "Sorry, this site is frozen.  If you are the owner please contact us at *link*"  Really weird.

>^_^< V

3 hours ago, Nekoi said:

I can't even access the site anymore I get an error message saying "Sorry, this site is frozen.  If you are the owner please contact us at *link*"  Really weird.

>^_^< V

That is very strange. I have had no issues with it either.

It is now working again...sort of...but only loading as text, except for the banner at the top and the eggs.

Still having the same issue here, as well. Another odd thing is that even though I'm going into the AOND fansite every day, albeit perforce now through the forum link, AOND no longer shows among my frequently used site links so that it seems that this (rerouted?) version is not registering as 'here' or as a site at all on my computer?

DDF, that I do Clicks on daily, is still first in line, AOND used to be second, Silvi's, which I went to a few times when this issue started but haven't used for a bit (that's normal as well - love the site, too, it it's hard to load when my wireless so frequently sinks; lots of tools used by people in the area, and a home workshop right next door, as well as across the back lane...) is still in the 'handy link' line, as are the DC forums - But despite the daily visits, the frequently used AOND link vanished from there a while back and I always get an 'insecure warning' about sending data every time I enter dragons there. This does make me a bit nervous, even though the dragons do get Views though this.

I just noticed (consciously for the first time, this will have changed some days ago) with some delight that the site appears to be fully HTTPS-capable now. Thanks a lot, bbik! ❤️

Seems the site hit a snag; It won't accept any new eggs. 

"The information in the previous table was outdated. Please resubmit your scroll name to update it."

Talked to a couple other people and they're experiencing the same thing!

It always says that when you try to update after a long period of inactivity,. IT's working fine for me - and has been throughout.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It always says that when you try to update after a long period of inactivity,. IT's working fine for me - and has been throughout.

It wasn't a long period of inactivity; I personally had updated it a few minutes before the time shifted back- It was only for the hour of daylight savings time, from what I can tell, so Tini and I were probably correct that it was just being finicky about the time change.

I mean I tried to put my scroll in like 5 times in a row, I sure hope that doesn't count as inactive.

Allure has stopped working for me, anyone else? 

Nevermind its back up, just in time for my experiment, pfew! XD 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers