bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Unrelated question:

In the scroll statistics, there is an area that lists adults with children and another area that lists the dragon with the most children. Both of mine are blank, although I do have adults that I have bred that have children. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if this is a normal occurrence. 

On 12/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, missy_ said:

Unrelated question:

In the scroll statistics, there is an area that lists adults with children and another area that lists the dragon with the most children. Both of mine are blank, although I do have adults that I have bred that have children. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if this is a normal occurrence. 

Huh, I just checked and I'm getting the same thing. It definitely used to work, not sure when that changed.

It changed when the API changed - as also did the sickness indicator - bbik had to take that out entirely as it crashed the site all the time.

Even TJ's scroll checker doesn't show records for children any more.

https://dcrecords.tj09.net/check

OMG ,my scroll has racked up a LOT of views:

Total Views: 31,830,959
Total Unique Views: 5,212,922
Total Clicks: 34,715

o_O - Mine, too!

Total Views: 46,061,764
Total Unique Views: 9,871,730
Total Clicks:

Never mind; seems to have been a temporary glitch !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Does it seem that the site is kind of....broken...for anyone else? It's doing this for me for two different browsers, so I'm not sure what's going on.

broken.png

11 minutes ago, Yunimori said:

Does it seem that the site is kind of....broken...for anyone else? It's doing this for me for two different browsers, so I'm not sure what's going on.

It looks normal on my browser (using the latest version of Firefox).

looks fine on mine (Opera) - maybe clear your cache - that's what you get when a site isn't fully loading. Or your connection is slow today.

(Very sorry for the long gap on posting on this thread but)

Experiencing an issue on Vivaldi 2.11.1811.47 where most of the site loads fine, but all eggs/hatchlings display as broken images, and clicking the link to get to the page does not work properly, only opening a white box. This works fine on Opera, so I think this is a browser-specific issue...not entirely sure how to fix it other than switching browsers, which I strongly do not want to do. Tried clearing my cache, updating the browser, and hard-refreshing the page, with no luck.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, just suddenly realized why this is happening. I have Privacy Badger and it's breaking the page. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem, fiddle with your Privacy Badger settings until it works.

Edited by luxidoptera

47 minutes ago, Merciless_Medic said:

I was told to add my egg on here.

You'll want to go to the website, http://www.allureofnds.net/, not add your egg in a post here. This is more of a support thread for the site. :)

8 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

You'll want to go to the website, http://www.allureofnds.net/, not add your egg in a post here. This is more of a support thread for the site. :)

Oh pfffff I'm sorry XD I saw the first post and didn't see the link for some reason. Let me do that then. XD

5 hours ago, Merciless_Medic said:

Oh pfffff I'm sorry XD I saw the first post and didn't see the link for some reason. Let me do that then. XD

I usually wait until my eggs have 5 days 12 hours left or less before adding them to any nurseries. If they get too many views too young, they'll get sick and possibly die. Then I put them in a couple for day, then a couple more until they have a large hole then I remove them. I'm probably too careful with them but I haven't lost an egg to sickness yet. ^.^

31 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

I usually wait until my eggs have 5 days 12 hours left or less before adding them to any nurseries. If they get too many views too young, they'll get sick and possibly die. Then I put them in a couple for day, then a couple more until they have a large hole then I remove them. I'm probably too careful with them but I haven't lost an egg to sickness yet. ^.^

Ahh, forgot sickness is a thing. I mean, if the total Views exceeds 15x more than the value for Unique Views, that's when they get sick. They have been within the V:UV 15:1 ratio, so I don't need to worry about it too much. If I see way too many views that surpass that, I'll either fog them or unlist them from the hatcheries.

Edited by Merciless_Medic
Forgot to quote

55 minutes ago, Merciless_Medic said:

I mean, if the total Views exceeds 15x more than the value for Unique Views, that's when they get sick.

Nope. Sickness is the result of too many views (unique or otherwise) for their age. A 3-day old egg needs way more stats to get sick than a 1-day old egg, and fresh eggs younger than a day are the most vulnerable.

Besides, the views can never exceed 15x UVs - that's a hard cap. If an egg is at 100 UVs and 1500 Vs, it needs another unique view in order to be able to gain up to 15 more views.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. Sickness is the result of too many views (unique or otherwise) for their age. A 3-day old egg needs way more stats to get sick than a 1-day old egg, and fresh eggs younger than a day are the most vulnerable.

Besides, the views can never exceed 15x UVs - that's a hard cap. If an egg is at 100 UVs and 1500 Vs, it needs another unique view in order to be able to gain up to 15 more views.

Ohhh that's what that meant. Okay. I must have read the wiki wrong. XD Thank you for enlightening me. Though, luckily my more fresh eggs aren't getting too much views. I'm a little concerned about my Seragamma Wyvern egg though. It hasn't begun cracking and it's a little under four days (got it from the Abandoned Pile). I'll fog up the other two eggs though, make sure they don't get sick.

How would you know if they get sick? Does it say so in the status page for them?

3 minutes ago, Merciless_Medic said:

How would you know if they get sick? Does it say so in the status page for them?

Yes, you'll see a message at the bottom about their shell being soft (sickness is sometimes called "softshell").

Also, at the top of your /dragons/ page, you'd see a message telling when an egg or hatchling of yours is sick (and which one).

The precise message to look out for is: "The shell of the egg seems soft, as though there's something wrong with it", on the info page, if you're uncertain.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes, you'll see a message at the bottom about their shell being soft (sickness is sometimes called "softshell").

Also, at the top of your /dragons/ page, you'd see a message telling when an egg or hatchling of yours is sick (and which 

1 minute ago, subwoofer said:

The precise message to look out for is: "The shell of the egg seems soft, as though there's something wrong with it", on the info page, if you're uncertain.

Alright, thank you so much. XD I don't know how I misread that, but I'll be a lot better about that. 

Edited by Merciless_Medic
Missed a poster

Getting a 503 server busy error. Any other news?

ETA: Seems to be back up.

Edited by anetofstars

will allure of nds die on me if, say, i input 60 dragons in the "check inbreeding" box?

It might. I have never tried anywhere near that many, but it does get slower if you put in a larger number.

I've used it up to about 20....

But I can't imagine why one would want to; it's useful mainly to carry on lineages. That's exactly what I was checking, after I lost my database on a huge linage, to figure out who fit where !

On 4/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, Fuzzy_Blip said:

will allure of nds die on me if, say, i input 60 dragons in the "check inbreeding" box?

I know it's late but I just tried 35 dragons and it loads quite slowly but doesn't break. Idk about 60 but I think not. 

I've just learned (and tested, it works) that there's a way to use the site to view scroll names even if both the scroll and the name are hidden. It's not a huge concern for me since I keep my scroll name hidden so it won't show on my adults, but it seems like something that really should be removed because 1. it's in an obscure place so most people who use the site may not even know about it, and 2. if someone has their name hidden it's going to be for a reason. Seems an invasion of privacy, almost.

@bbik Very low-priority feature request from me: Could you remove <base href="http://www.allureofnds.net/"> from the pages? I've been trying to use the site as HTTPS (I can't visit HTTP sites at the moment, long story), which works in principle, but I need to remove <base href="http://www.allureofnds.net/"> on each page with the page inspector or it'll shove me back to HTTP. :)