bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Everything seems to be working well again from what you guys are saying. I have a new egg I put in last night and kept an eye on and its all good. Glad to see Aond rebound from the problems it was having.  :0

Yup. AoND is fine indeed. I just noticed that recently one needs to be wary again getting added into various hatcheries (from Eggdrop Soup to AoND etc.) once one posted stuff in the forum.

I suspect AoND might be under attack again. My eggs in there gained 3500-4000 views in the last 8 hours. As near as I can tell, my sick eggs are only in AoND plus one other site, not added to random sites. The eggs only in the other site (smaller/slower, so I start eggs there and only add them to AoND when they've gotten a reasonable amount of views/UVs) are fine.

I'm afraid you may be right. I just put two eggs in there to test it. In about 10 minutes they gained nearly 100 views, but less than 10 UVs. I have removed them and will watch to see what happens to them now.

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

I suspect AoND might be under attack again. My eggs in there gained 3500-4000 views in the last 8 hours. As near as I can tell, my sick eggs are only in AoND plus one other site, not added to random sites. The eggs only in the other site (smaller/slower, so I start eggs there and only add them to AoND when they've gotten a reasonable amount of views/UVs) are fine.

I had the same problem with some of my hatchies and one egg that were in Aond. Though my hatchies are just about grown up, the egg has been fogged because it became sick.

So, the eggs that I took out have not gained more views, even though I did not fog them. It seems somehow that it is the AoND site that is giving the excess views and not some other place that the eggs are being entered. But my older egg and hatchlings that were already on the site are getting only what I would normally expect. Odd.

Edited by purplehaze

Mine seem to be doing OK - but I have emailed.

So the weekend bomber has returned a day early, Friday instead of Saturday.  It just started up as when I went to bed 5 hours ago things were fine.  Got up to find a hatchling I intended to put up for trade is now sick and will have to wait for trading.  On the other hand two eggs who time wise were able to hatch (with an incubate) had not a crack on the shells, they are ready to jump out now. :lol:  My eggs in the hatchery are at 13:1 to 14:1 range so the bomber hasn't managed to max things out at 15:1 before being found out.  

Edit:  Bombing seems to be in full swing now (eggs), a zyu I put in an hour or so ago is topped out at 15:1 with just 48 unique views (was also added to my normal round of hatcheries).  

Edited by Dracaena

I just removed my eggs, I bred yesterday, from AonD, too because they got too much views. I just put them in a few hours ago (I usually wait for a day anyway till I put them in AonD)

I had one egg I entered AnD yesterday and when I came back today, it was over 5000 already! Naturally, that made it sick. Oddly, my two hatchlings appear to be fine but out of caution I removed them.

I just put three more eggs in and they gained 100+ views in less than 10 minutes. They are not ERs, but just in the regular daycare.

edit: another 10 minutes, another 100+ views

Edited by purplehaze

Keep an eye on hatchies as well. It might be just because they just hatched (from eggs I had to fog to heal from sickness) but they gained another 1000 views in the last hour. Thankfully, they didn't get sick again, but they are fogged once more.

I call shenanigans.  I just ER'ed a low time trade egg and removed it (used AoND, Silvi's, Hatching Club).  I was watching and pulled it from all three hatcheries soon as it hatched.  It's still racking up views like crazy (primarily overall views).

Edit:  I went back to watching the hatchling and now it seems the views have stopped.  

Edited by Dracaena

I had that yesterday - they seemed to rack up on an ADULT for about 10 seconds. I think they take a little while to run through the ether and land, as you might say :lol:

Can't add my eggs to the site. Get this message:

Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later.

I know DC is being wonky in all kinds of ways the last few days, so this may be related to that. Just wondering if others are having the same issue.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Can't add my eggs to the site. Get this message:

Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later.

I know DC is being wonky in all kinds of ways the last few days, so this may be related to that. Just wondering if others are having the same issue.

Just came in to post that too - other fansites don't seem to have problems. At least not Valley, Silvis and DragHatch

hm. yeah, I tried adding my eggs, and so far all I've got is a blank green loading page--no, wait, there we go: " Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later."

I just got the same message as the above poster. I'm guessing the idiot hacker has struck again.

I emailed bbik - so they can look into it.

4 minutes ago, Herk said:

I emailed bbik - so they can look into it.

Thanks, Herk!

By the way, I get the same message when I try to use the inbred checker.

Edited by purplehaze

I haven't tried adding my dragons, but it seems that the automatic cleaner or whatever isn't working? The hatchling clinic is filled with adults and the egg clinic is filled with hatchlings. 

Seems the site cannot access the API, which means no scroll management, cleaner, checkers or records