WindScar22

Manga

They'll be putting it into affect in 2011 and I tihnk it's a terrible idea. That's a lot of money loss for several companies and such.

I'm serious when I say this. I think I might lose it...

Edited by Icepelt

Wait, they're banning Japanese manga? Where?? D:

Wait, they're banning Japanese manga? Where?? D:

In Japan.

._. as in... people will be unable to sell anything that depicts such immoral/illegal things. So... even if they draw it, they won't sell it.

I've read that they're not banning it literally but they're fining people who draw sexually explicit things. So "they can practice self censorship."

In Japan.

._. as in... people will be unable to sell anything that depicts such immoral/illegal things. So... even if they draw it, they won't sell it.

...That is stupid. >[

Why are they banning it? To try to avoid 'corruption of the youth' or something? >.>

EDIT: Just saw Icepelt's post, thanks for the anmswer. xd.png

Edited by Infinis

The bill before the Tokyo assembly would require publishers and shops to sell only to readers aged over 18 any material that depicts "virtual sex crimes" if the images are "unjustifiably glorified and exaggerated".

I've found this as well.

I've read that they're not banning it literally but they're fining people who draw sexually explicit things. So "they can practice self censorship."

I've been hearing it's anything deemed immoral/illegal. Dx including murder and all the bloody violence I love.

ff i unno.

I find it silly either way.

Considering I'm also hearing the guy that is doing this wrote novels that would fit under that rule and much much worse.

I feel that all the manga/anime I love is going to be gone forever or really toned down. I'm really hoping it's just the not selling it to minors things.

That's just silly. That's like telling the Scottish they need to stop drinking because the children will get the wrong idea.

I can understand making it illegal for underage children to 'obtain' period, but putting a tax or whatever on the person who draws it? That's just not right.

As for manga, I just read whatever I can when I'm at the bookstore or read the ones that my boyfriend has.

I can understand making it illegal for underage children to 'obtain' period, but putting a tax or whatever on the person who draws it? That's just not right.

This article says the ban is "on the sale to minors of comics and film depicting 'extreme sexual acts' including rape, incest and child sex." Honestly, I don't think those are necessarily bad things to decide not to let kids buy. The only thing I can think of that might have some people irritated is that teen characters under 18 may not be having sex in manga for the shojo/shonen set. But how often you you really see anything that explicit in those anyway?

I haven't seen a single place where it was said that any kind of tax or fine was going to be placed on artists, just on stores that won't follow the rules about what can be sold to minors. Anyone have a link that says anything about it?

On topic- I own some manga from a handful of series. The titles mostly tend to rotate as I pass them on to other people because I get tired of them. I really don't like reading it online, it's just a totally different experience.

I do like manga but the only mangas I have is D.N.Angel. I don't have any money to buy any other manga and even if I did buy some I don't have enough room on my bookshelves or any other place in my room. sad.gif

I own every Shaman King volume. I think that amounts to 32. I also own the first volume of Ultimo.

i own all of the dnangel and legal drug volumes they have out currently

both kingdom hearts: chain of memories and the first volume of xxxholic

read more online um if i had money i would buy the sailor moon mangas they're going to re-release later on this year and a few of clamp's works that i really like, especially clamp school detectives

and if they would release kaze to ki no uta in english i would buy it but it's from the 7os-8os soooo sad.gif

I read mostly shounen, but I also read loads of shojo.

The ones I own are :

Bleach 1 - 8 and Bleach Colour book (my favourite series :3)

+Anima 1 - 10

Soul Eater 1 - 3

Fairy Tail 1 - 3

Ouran High Host Club 1 - 8

Dengeki Daisy 1 & 2

Hetalia vol 1 & 2

Tegami Bachi / Letter Bee 1 -3

(I own some others, but can't be bothered to list them)

Of all I listed, that's ~39 manga, and there are still some I can't remember yet.

recently read a hilarious manga!

Clean Freak Fully Equiped it was pure gold! i loved it so much! Its one of my new favorites.

I read lots of mangas (in the internet) 8D

Some of my favourites are Fruits Basket, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Immortal Rain and Basara..

I own about 100- 150 mangas p: (haven't counted them for some time)..

Blood+ 1-5

Blood+ A 1,2

Magic Knight Rayearth 1-6

Chobits 1-8

Basara 1 (You can't buy them in Germany anymore *sighs*.. Same goes for some other mangas I'd love to own :c )

Love Hina 1-12

Fruits Basket 1 - 23

Fullmoon Wo Sagashite 1-7

Marie & Elie 1-3

X1999 1-5

Naruto 1-18

Chrono Crusade 1,2

.Hack//Legend Of the Twilight 1-3

Tokyo Mew Mew 1, 3-8

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles 1-7, 10

And several other ones

Edited by Suavis

I own no Manga book, but I read about.....lost count, but I´m tracking about 20 ongoing serieses, and thats not half of those I read.

Bleach (all till now)

Zombie Powder(all)

Drifters(all till now)

naruto(all till now)

One Piece(all till now)

Wanted!(all)

Katekyo hitman reborn(all till now)

Samurai deeper Kyo(all)

onidere(all till now)

medaka Box (just reading)

World Embryo(most till now)

Ares(all)

Übelblatt(all till now)

strongest disciple Kenichi(all till now)

The Breaker(all)

The breaker:New Waves(all till now)

Hellsing(all)

Air Gear(all till now)

blood Lad(all till now)

Psyren(all)

Lucifer and the Biscuithammer(all)

Love Hina(all)

Mahou Sensei Negi Magi(all till now)

Fairytail(all till now)

Kuroshitsuji(all till now)

Ao no exorcist(all till now)

Kekkaishi(all)

Break Blade(all till now)

Nurarihyon No Mago(all till now)

Samurai highschool(all till now)

Rosario Vampire(all)

rosario Vampire II(all till now)

Bakuman(all till now)

d.Gray man(all till now)

The World God Only Knows(all till now)

Kimi no Iru Machi(all till now)

Aiki(all till now)

XBlade(all till now)

xxxHolic(all till now)

Addicted To Curry(most till now)

Witch hunter(all till now)

Soul eater Not!(all till now)

07 Ghost(all till now)

Sekirei(most till now)

Mushibugyo(all till now)

Black God(all till now)

Princess resurrection (till about 56)

gamaran (till 80)

defense Devil (till about 90)

Hayate the Combatbutler (till about 300)

Gamble Fish (till 53)

Gakuen Alice (till 120)

deadman wonderland ( till 30)

cage of eden (till chapter 75 i think)

Beelzebub (only till chapter 95 or so)

sidooh (till somewhere about 50)

that would be most of them

Edited by Kurtos

Well, I have no money to spend on manga, but... I do have volumes 1-9 of Death Note, and I'm looking for the last three... otherwise, I just watch the anime...

Well, I have no money to spend on manga, but... I do have volumes 1-9 of Death Note, and I'm looking for the last three... otherwise, I just watch the anime...

you could just read online laugh.gif

I also have no money for manga, especially not for the bad official german translations, or new books that are still about 200chapters behind -.-

Edited by Kurtos

I don't own that many really...

I only have the first five volumes of Yu-Gi-Oh. I want to buy the rest but they're so hard to find here in Sweden (and they costs quite much too...). And I plan to buy and read Naruto as well (and I refuse to buy those in swedish, lol, I've seen them in a bookstore and I hate how they've translated it, so I'll look for the english translation and hope it's better)... Though, I don't know when I'll have money enough to buy them all. /: I really need to get a new job, hrm...

And yes, I know, read online or in the app I have on my iPad, but that's not fun at all, I want many books. ^^

I own four Manga series'.

Death Note (all 13)

Vampire Knight (13 so far)

The Record of a Fallen Vampire (all 9)

Fruits Basket (first 4 of 23)

I believe those are the correct numbers..

I'd love to own more <3 But the book store here has very few. I would have to order them.

Edited by kearlighed

I love Mangas.

I have read about 50 different series (some of them were oneshots) so far.

I own about 30 of them myself and spent in the last five years ~ 1.300 € on mangas.

My favorites are Dragonball, Inu Yasha, Please Save My Earth, X, Tôkyô Babylon, Tsubasa RC, Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Elfen Lied, Yami no Matsuei ans others.