heartofkavelle

The Sims

^ 4 has a lot of faults

For example. Sims 3 is the only mac allowed game :/

There is also no toddler stage and it goes from baby to child automatically

I'm going to stick to Sims 3 and buy all the expansion packs

Right there with ya! laugh.gif

I'm just waiting for a sims steam sale again :3

TS2 is my favourite video game biggrin.gif I haven't had time to play properly in a while but of all my fleeting and intense obsessions it's the one I come back to most often. I love that my five-year-old laptop can play it with all the EPs and most of the SPs and a fair sized downloads folder with minimal lag and I love how much awesome CC there is for it.

There's nothing TS3 or TS4 can do to compete with all of that and something like eight years of familiarity; I shall be very sad when I have to replace my laptop to one without enough backwards compatibility to run it. TS3 is very laggy and glitchy on my computer - at least the fanmade patches for TS2 are good.

I was obsessed with TS2 Double Delux

I tried so hard to get a vampire... When I did... It burned itself in that fire thing...

I've played TS4 a bit, but it's a little boring without expansion packs. I'll probably wait until some come out before trying it again. Until then, I'm happy with playing TS3, despite the glitches and crashes. ^.^

Anyone playing the SIMS Freeplay on mobile?

Mousie does, and she also plays SimCity Buildit, and is planning to get the Sims 3 for her next birthday if she gets a new laptop for christmas

*attemps to revive thread*

Alright everybody. Your favorite method of killing sims. Go.

In the Sims 1 Makin' Magic I'd buy like 20 dragon eggs, neglect them, and wait until they hatch into Burnies and put the entire yard in flames. xd.png

You can't kill Sims in either game I have... But I do like to set the stove on fire or grow a man-eating plant every so often

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. Anyway yeah, I'll say I'm fairly big Sims 3 fan, I iwn all the expansion packs excluding ambitions but I have plans on getting my greedy little paws on that one soon.

I also own the Sims 4 and I can honestly say that it isn't worth it, at least right now. It was on sale half off on Black Friday so if anyone is thinking about getting it, I'd prôbably wait until then if until a couple of expansion packs coming out. The first one look pretty interesting but boy is that price tag big xd.png

My favorite way to kill sims is by drowning, like I don't know why.

I love Sims and I played 1-3... and a 4 demo. lol Sadly Dragons on Sims 3 are not that great and I cant even get my fav kind of dragon. only red, purple and green. -sighs-

Sadly, if I even play Sims 3 now days, I will lose trank* of time since I really get interested in making a big family tree. lol

Favorite expansion pack?

I've heard that Generations is really good

I loved Sims 3, it had some great expansion packs. To be honest though, it took me a while to warm up to it after playing Sims 2 for so long. Once World Adventures came out, though, I was pretty sold on it. I'm hoping that's how it will go for me and Sims 4, and I'll be able to get excited about it when some good expansions come out.

This is all about the Sims. Just say an idea you have or share a pic. Talk about a house or a sims video thumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.png

I love the sims, have lots of good memories

What really ticks me off is that the create a world tool doesn't work on macs

I didn't really get into the Sims 4 as much as I was expecting to. :/ The other generations I played an insane amount but I was pretty disappointed with this one. I can't really get around the fact that there aren't toddlers. I just can't reconcile the fact that my sims were considering starting a family a minute ago, then suddenly have a fully grown kid wandering around the house. It feels too sudden and messes up the story progression in my head.

So each time I've played, I've gotten up to the part where my sims are about to have kids, then I just stop playing. Because I don't like it after that. So I haven't really gotten into it. :/ I really hope they add toddlers at some point. I'll be really disappointed if they don't!

That being said, some of the new packs look pretty neat. I like the sound of the cool kitchen stuff pack they announced a couple of days ago.

The Sims 4 is fabulous. I just wish I could afford the expansions~

A downside to Sims 4 is that it's extremely hard to starve your sims, haha. It takes daaaays. Kinda annoying.

But there's cheats that will "scare" or "embarrass" your sims to death- it only takes a day to "kick in".

Uuuhhh, I really want the sims 4, it costs so much though, and my computer operating system doesn't deal with it correctly. sad.gif I do go to my friends and play it sometimes though, it's awesome for customization!

I have so much fun with Sims 3... I don't think I'll ever get to 4, simply because it doesn't have all the lovely expansions 3 has. I absolutely adore Seasons, and I still need to get some like the Island pack, the Medieval pack, and maybe the one with dragons. Pets are also a consideration, but I've heard that they can really overrun your world, and also I'm afraid I'll forget to feed them /laugh.

The only flaw I feel 3 has is that I really dislike dealing with babies and toddlers for long. They annoy me, always needing someone to help get them food or whatever... but at least I have the option of making them grow up if I want to.

I'm currently trying to play a 10 Generation game that's getting really complicated, now that I'm 4 generations in. I'm only following the heir's family, but it's still pretty complicated even with that one thread... I should probably check in on the other family members, now that I'm thinking of it!

I don't think I'll ever get to 4, simply because it doesn't have all the lovely expansions 3 has. I absolutely adore Seasons, and I still need to get some like the Island pack, the Medieval pack, and maybe the one with dragons. Pets are also a consideration, but I've heard that they can really overrun your world, and also I'm afraid I'll forget to feed them

I agree, but I'm defiantly going to get it when I can as I'm sure they'll release more. I'm kind of annoyed with the 'Get Together' new pack, there's not anything more to do in it except go to a parallel dimension.... :|

I just got back into playing The Sims 3 after not playing it for a year or more. I started a new family and while everything was going fine at first, I've run into a problem. The Sim that I'm currently working with (one based off of one of my OCs) has just gotten a divorce for "cheating" when she never did cheat on her spouse, not by RL standards anyway.

It started when she was a teenager. She went to prom right after reaching Teen status and thus didn't have a date to go with her. But, while at the prom, she ended up getting romantically involved with another Sim. I didn't really want this for her (since it was a boy and my OC is more into women), but I forgot how to tell him that she just wanted to be friends, so I had her snub him instead. And she didn't talk with him for a long time afterwards.

Eventually, I found a girl for her and they became girlfriends, and eventually, got married, but three days into the marriage, her wife accused her of cheating. After the five day wait period, during which time, my Sim finally told the boy that she just wanted to be friends, her wife divorced her. I want to get the two of them back together and I found a way on the official forums, but I'm not sure that it will work. It says to have one them say that they should just be friends, which will reset them from ex-wife status to friends, allowing them to have a relationship again. I just wanted to know if this is a viable method to get exes back together in the Sims 3. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Lightstorm12000

user posted image

I just finished photoshopping a picture of a sim I made. I compressed my mods folder into different catogories and damn does it load fast, I can have the sim detail jacked up to ultra high.

I've been meaning to try The Sims as it's a game I would most probably enjoy. But I'm a bit of a Dragon Cave addict at the moment tongue.gif