heartofkavelle

The Sims

Mortimer Goth, the dude who lives at Goth Manor.

Hey, guys, Panic needs your help! I just bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and it needs an Authentication Code to install. Where might I find it? I've looked in the manual and on the box, but I didn't see one anywhere.... Always possible I've overlooked it, though.

Mortimer Goth, the dude who lives at Goth Manor.

Hey, guys, Panic needs your help! I just bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and it needs an Authentication Code to install. Where might I find it? I've looked in the manual and on the box, but I didn't see one anywhere.... Always possible I've overlooked it, though.

It should be on the back of the manual. If not, just google it. That's how I got the code for Freetime, since mine didn't come with a manual.

lulz, I just did my speech on TS2. laugh.gif

It was supposed to be funny, although I don't think many of the people in my class understood it really... not a lot of people know about it dry.gif

I had all the sims 1 expansions, but sims 2 is a lot better. I've almost got all the expansions for it, just need university, freetime, and a few stuff packs. I don't particularly want TS3, it probably wouldn't run on my computer anyway.

I enjoy making my sims have huge clans of alien-babies, and flooding my neighbourhoods with them. tongue.gif bachelor characters that hoard animals sounds fun though happy.gif

I've always wondered what would happen if I made a Sim a plantsim and a vampire at the same time? because Plantsims need sunlight, but Vampires die in the sunlight... anyone tried it before? blink.gif

Edited by healing_magic

I used to have the first Sims for the GameCube, and got pretty bored with it. Then again, I'm told the computer versions are far more awesome. All I know is that in the story mode, I just really, really hated the roommate, Mimi. XP

~Feathers

I got my copy of Sims 2 the other day. >:3

Dethklok moved into Pleasantview. They've got a gigantic mansion with black walls and floors, fire-spewing floor torches, five cars and one of the crazy electromagnetic dance machines which Pickles has fallen in love with, and a DJ booth that I can't get Skwisgaar out of. It's actually pretty hilarious. Nathan Explosion threw a party, and two of the three girls that showed up caught fire on the floor torches. Metal. Then Nathan caught fire - twice - while trying to put them out. Definitely metal.

I also went to the community center with a different family and found Murderface and Toki (who have become best buddies) playing on the swingset together while Pickles alternated between pushing them and flirting with a bunch of girls. Not really metal, but it was precious.

That said, I much prefer the build and buy modes in TS1. They're much simpler and they have more objects and wallpapers. I also liked how easy it was to make objects for TS1. I have no idea how to make meshes, so I sort of rely on downloads made by other people. ._.

The ability to shape your Sims' heads and the sheer amount of stuff to do kind of balances everything out. :)

I've got the Sims 3, with the Ambitions expansion pack, I haven't tested it out yet. But I was gettin' sorta tired of it.

I have the sims 2, With 2 or 3 good families going. Good means that they don't drive me crazy with their thing when they pass out, get hungry, and die right after I feed them.

Anyways, the best family I have Has 3 generations, and Have amazing houses. Thats about all I can be proud of on my sims. tongue.gif

Ooh, I love sims. For Sims 1, I had all the expansions. (But Makin' Magic was my all time favorite)

Sims 2, I had all the expansions, but only 1 stuff pack. I got really good at building houses...and then Sims 3 came out and confused me with it's new build system. dry.gif

I'm getting back into building in Sims 3. Once again, I have no stuff packs. I'm still pretty clunky at house building, but I'm working on it.

I want to bootleg all the sims 3 expansions before I get them :/. I don't want to spend $40 on a few new couch skins or whatever on just ONE expansion. $40 is like a whole other game!

Zomg I found the thread! *dummy cheer* Man when I saw they had a game section I knew they had to have a sims spot in here. >w>

I bought the very first sims game like a month after it came out, I didn't buy any of the EPs though because I was a kid and couldn't afford to buy them all, I would have though. xd.png I played that game all the time and my mom was slightly worried because; A( I never bought things spontaniously and B( I think the back of the box said mild violence which would be enough to make her panic. xd.png

When TS2 came out I was all over it, I remember when it came in the mail someone was over, I feigned having a headache just so I could play it while everyone thought I was sleeping. >_> I have nearly all EPs for it but I don't play as much as I used to. No time. =[

Sims 3... it can go explode in a corner somewhere, it's not even in the same universe that the Sims 2 is in. >~>

The Sims is pretty sweet. Sims 3, nah, too dumbed down. I like the strategy games more than the "woohoo, look at me I can walk around as my sim" kind of thing. I haven't played it for a while and I miss some of the element from the original Sims when I play Sims 2, but it's okay.

I want to bootleg all the sims 3 expansions before I get them :/. I don't want to spend $40 on a few new couch skins or whatever on just ONE expansion. $40 is like a whole other game!

So read up about them first instead of stealing them.

I have 3, and all its expansions, plus lots of downloadable content...

I can't stay off of the cheat codes though x.x once I knew how to get unlimited money and automatically make them happy... it was all over.

BUT; I've mostly been trying to grind out some families. One set of parents has 5 kids, and I'm trying to get them to adulthood and then pair them off with some of my other singles and try out all the different professions and lifestyles... so right now real-earned money and happiness just slow me down xd.png

I love having a family-oriented mom with +boost to kids, I got two sets of twins! They don't look much alike, but you can eat apples to make boys and watermelons to make girls, so I got the genders I wanted ^^

I have all the expansion packs for 2. NL is my favorite, and now Pleasantview is full of vampires. xd.png

I don't think I'm getting 3... it looks way too complicated. Used to have 1, but it broke, then I lost it so I can't try it on my laptop.

I hate cheats. It takes all the point away for me.

The first year I played, I would have disagreed with you but now I whole heartedly agree.

The only time I use cheats now is for stories and that's only if I'm rushing on them, normally I only give them money and turn off the object limitation so I can place them where I need them for pictures.

Does anyone know if they have that same gender food trick that they apparently have in TS3? I know cheesecake can either get you twins or quadruplets.(sp?) I haven't experimented to see what happens if you feed a sim a certain food the entire time they're pregnant. *suddenly wants to try it*

I love the sims 2 my favorite is pet and freetime. I bought the sims 3 dont buy it is a waste if you have an old pc!

I also have urbz sims in the city! I am playing it right now I realize it's creepy!

I want to but Sims Medieval so bad! As a history fan of that Era, I've created sutom clothes in the body shop... (okay they're re-colours, but I'm trying to learn how to make meshes on modthesims)

I want the Sims 2 Holiday Edition so bad, but no place near me sells it so I may have to try Amazon.ca, but I'm currently saving for a Mac Pro, so I'll put that on hold for a bit.

Anyone have TS3? My friend owns it but she returned it not even a day after she got it because it crashed her laptop, and when she tried it on her computor only Create a Sim mode worked before it "died" on her.

The first year I played, I would have disagreed with you but now I whole heartedly agree.

The only time I use cheats now is for stories and that's only if I'm rushing on them, normally I only give them money and turn off the object limitation so I can place them where I need them for pictures.

I try not to use gameplay cheats (except for the money cheats, which I use all the time), because I'm usually competent enough to keep them all in the high greens needswise, but I do when there is a lot of stress. Like, when the woman in a family was pregnant, then her husband got alien pregnant with twins. :|

I freely use object placement and building cheats, though, because I build houses a lot and sometimes the cheats help you to get just the right look. :3

Speaking of building: does anyone else here create stuff for TS2? Creating adds a whole new dimension to gameplay for me, and it's just satisfying to move a family into something you yourself built, or decorate with a wallpaper/floor/object you made.

I'm horrible at anything 3D, though, so I stick to houses, walls, floors, and possibly recolors.

I honestly never thought about cheats when I first got the sims a few years ago until my aunt got me onto them, they're only nice when you first discover them but they take away from the actually fun.

I actualy like hte cheats. Then again most of the fun for me has always been in building the houses, rather than playing with the actual sims. Come to think of it I've only ever really used the Sims as a sort of achitectural programme.....

I like building and designing the houses also, so I tend to use cheats. I'd spend a long time looking for custom content online, which makes the game all kinds of fun.

The money cheat is about the extent of what I'll do, but occasionally I'll use the build mode cheats to make the terrain more interesting.

I've been wanting the sims 3, but unfortunately my computer can't handle it :<

I can play the Sims 2 well enough because I upgraded my OS, but before that it was a hassle.

I say the Sims 3 is a bunch of crap because you can't really design the sims how you want to and they all have the same faces!!!!!!!!!!! blink.gif