heartofkavelle

The Sims

I love Sims, and i really want to play Sims 3 but my computer can't handle it.

Btw what was the weirdest way your Sim ever died? My one sim spontaneously combusted while it was dancing on someone's grave... I still have NO idea how that happened. unsure.gif

I currently have:

MySims (Wii)

The Sims 2 (Pets, University, Nightlife, and Base [Macintosh])

The Sims 2 Castaway (Nintendo DS LITE)

I'm considering getting The Sims 3, but I looked on Mod The Sims...it seems there are sooooooooooo many glitches. (Ex. If you install Fast Lane Stuff, there's some glitch where cars crunnnnnnnnch right into each other...weird...and another where you can end up with autumn salad stuck in the sim's hand...if they shower they mash it in their face.)

~Cavey

I currently have:

MySims (Wii)

The Sims 2 (Pets, University, Nightlife, and Base [Macintosh])

The Sims 2 Castaway (Nintendo DS LITE)

I'm considering getting The Sims 3, but I looked on Mod The Sims...it seems there are sooooooooooo many glitches. (Ex. If you install Fast Lane Stuff, there's some glitch where cars crunnnnnnnnch right into each other...weird...and another where you can end up with autumn salad stuck in the sim's hand...if they shower they mash it in their face.)

~Cavey

I don't know about that.

Personally I'm having more trouble with my sims 2 than I am with my sims 3.

Sims 3 I don't have the fast lane stuff (it's one of the only expansion packs I decidedly missed out on), but everything works.

In my S2 game, it seems like about every 5 minutes the ground paint changes to a random texture. Ironically it usually changes to... the paneling paint?

So my entire landscape looks like an ugly wood paneled bunch of hills.

It's a very odd glitch, and I have no clue what's going on with it.

It seems to fix itself when I go into say... the neighborhood or another lot, but still...

Oh SHOOT.

My S2 game just crashed.

Basically I was on a large lot. (I will refer to the sims as J, Z, H, and P.) So J is at work while H, Z, and P are eating, playing on the Execuputter, barfing of morning sickness...I go to get back to the Neighborhood (Pleasantview) and "Neighborhood" "Save" and "Quit" are all grayed out.

I think that it's just because J's not home, she's at work, and don't think twice about it. (There was no burglar or fire on the lot, just to let you know; since I have Uni, I have the fire sprinkler, and a burglar alarm.)

So J gets home. I go to get to the Neighborhood. Still grayed out. I get my sister involved. She looks at the lot, then looks up, and I see it.

The wall paint in some areas went BLACK. It wasn't custom-the only custom things I have are hacks to keep the game smooth, boy and girl Hogwarts PJs, some girl PJs and some dresses with tights, and some hoodie zipups for the boys. (I think somewhere around twelve, six or seven originals and then all recolors of the mesh.)

My sister sees it, shakes her head, and says dreaded words.

"This house is way too big. You shouldn't play The Sims 2 for a day, maybe even a few, and when you get back to this lot, make it smaller!"

Oh crap...TS2 us my major form of entertainment, and not playing it when I wanna is TORTURE.

~Cavey

Honestly I don't think not playing for several days will accomplish anything. It's a program, it isn't going to like, feel better or something.

Yeah, simply not playing for a day won't fix the problem. The problem is that there's too much data about that house for your system to handle. When you're starting to get running errors, slow play and/or graphical glitches it's pretty much a case of "Ooops, overloaded my PC.".

You'll need a new, smaller house for them. Or at least one that's got less going on in it.

Yeah, simply not playing for a day won't fix the problem. The problem is that there's too much data about that house for your system to handle. When you're starting to get running errors, slow play and/or graphical glitches it's pretty much a case of "Ooops, overloaded my PC.".

You'll need a new, smaller house for them. Or at least one that's got less going on in it.

I'm on a Mac with a decent graphics card...I think I'll call my father later and ask for some help. And when I can go back on the game, I'll just move them out, delete the lot, and put them in a smaller one. I'm thinking about temporarily removing the custom clothes from my game, but the only problem is that Sims are wearing them, and if it corrupts and crashes the game files...I don't want to think about it. *shudder* I've already had an incredibly bad game crash where my sister had to take the entire game and delete what was there. I had an airplane, and the shell of it was too much. Teenagers, adults, and elders couldn't move, the children and toddlers were the only ones able to move, my sister even tried turning on the boolprop testingcheats cheat and forced errors, causing them to get deleted temporarily, and breaking my game data into utterly useless pieces. I was devastated at losing everything, cried for a while...and if I lose it all again, I can't face it. And even worse, I don't know how to back up my files...luckily I couldn't save the game as it was getting buggy.

I'll ask my sister if she can find a way to get into the Sims without busting the game, taking off custom clothes, and then taking them out. She's got a Sims 2 game as well, and she's a lot more skilled with it-she told me "never use the boolprop testingcheats cheat because you might seriously damage the game, let me do it only when I have to." I trust her on that, because once she went into it and forced an error because she didn't know what she was doing, and it deleted the Sim.

~Cavey

Muuurr, I have Sims 1 and 2 for my PS2, and I luv eet <3 I always make my characters (which are always female, hurrr) fall in love with other chicks and then get married and WHOOHOO.

One thing I never figured out though was if the married lesbians would ever get a call to adopt a baby... it hasn't happened to me yet. I did have a straight couple once too to see if she'd get pregnant, but nothing happened.

; ^; Am I supposed to do something special....?

And for Sims 2 (which is really the only one I play anymore) I only do the Free Play, since Story mode bugs me. I don't like taking control of characters I didn't make x3 Plus that giant house irritates me.

@Shiney-for the regular Sims game, I've looked on a site called GameFAQs about the game, and it says you have to have a game called Livin' Large in order for the sim to get pregnant as it contains something called the Love Bed.

You're lucky your S2 game is still functioning. What expansion packs do people have?

I've been pestering my mom to get me the S3, but she won't yet. It's really annoying, seeing as the only other Sims game I have is the Castaway one. MySims isn't much of a Sim game, everything is just a bunch of blocks xd.png

~Cavey

I'm on a Mac with a decent graphics card...I think I'll call my father later and ask for some help. And when I can go back on the game, I'll just move them out, delete the lot, and put them in a smaller one. I'm thinking about temporarily removing the custom clothes from my game, but the only problem is that Sims are wearing them, and if it corrupts and crashes the game files...I don't want to think about it. *shudder* I've already had an incredibly bad game crash where my sister had to take the entire game and delete what was there. I had an airplane, and the shell of it was too much. Teenagers, adults, and elders couldn't move, the children and toddlers were the only ones able to move, my sister even tried turning on the boolprop testingcheats cheat and forced errors, causing them to get deleted temporarily, and breaking my game data into utterly useless pieces. I was devastated at losing everything, cried for a while...and if I lose it all again, I can't face it. And even worse, I don't know how to back up my files...luckily I couldn't save the game as it was getting buggy.

I'll ask my sister if she can find a way to get into the Sims without busting the game, taking off custom clothes, and then taking them out. She's got a Sims 2 game as well, and she's a lot more skilled with it-she told me "never use the boolprop testingcheats cheat because you might seriously damage the game, let me do it only when I have to." I trust her on that, because once she went into it and forced an error because she didn't know what she was doing, and it deleted the Sim.

~Cavey

Forgive me, I had to change the pink. It's rather eye-searing...

When it's glitching like that it's often not the graphics card you're overloading - it's usualy the memory, but can also be the processor, or the disk transfer rate on your HDD. There's simply too much data going on for your computer's systems to handle.

And no, the fact that it's a Mac really doesn't change that - it just means it's going to be a heck of a lot more expensive for you to upgrade the damned thing.

Ahh, the Sims. My custom folder for TS2 is so obscenely large. It takes my computer almost 30 minutes to boot up the game. But it's still one of my favorites. I like to play quite often.

I love sims but my dad got rid of the file for sims 2 and sims 2 pets. I now really want to play it but I don't have sims 2 only sims 2 pets. Sims 2 was my friends and when I tried it, it didn't work sad.gif Sims 2 pets now sits above the computer.

Want sims 3 but my parents wont let my have it dry.gif

I have sims 3 ds but that's not as good, no having more than 2 people in your house, no babies or woohooing. I also have sims 2 casterway but my sim ran out of fun and I cant do anything.

Blah.

I want sims medieval, but I heard it's super glitchy at the moment.

Anyone else have it and can comment?

I'll probably just have to wait till I get my new comp in order to get it.

I hate waiting.

I also want sims 3 Generations, but I doubt I'll bother with that until later in the year.

It'll be glitchy too for at least the first few months, likely.

Forgive me, I had to change the pink. It's rather eye-searing...

When it's glitching like that it's often not the graphics card you're overloading - it's usualy the memory, but can also be the processor, or the disk transfer rate on your HDD. There's simply too much data going on for your computer's systems to handle.

And no, the fact that it's a Mac really doesn't change that - it just means it's going to be a heck of a lot more expensive for you to upgrade the damned thing.

It's okay about the color thing. I'll just use something else for this.

And I feel so n0obish, but what's a HDD? I'm a geek, but not too tech savvy.

And the fact that it's a Mac is the reason I'm angry about the game, because I can't purchase a graphics card and replace it the way you can with Windows. (But Windows are crappy computers, my sister had one once, and it kept crashing...)

If I were to enter the game, would it break? I'm just thinking that I'm getting a new computer soon, and I want to get the family out of the lot so I can back up my data without corrupting the things.

~Cavey

It's okay about the color thing. I'll just use something else for this.

And I feel so n0obish, but what's a HDD? I'm a geek, but not too tech savvy.

And the fact that it's a Mac is the reason I'm angry about the game, because I can't purchase a graphics card and replace it the way you can with Windows. (But Windows are crappy computers, my sister had one once, and it kept crashing...)

If I were to enter the game, would it break? I'm just thinking that I'm getting a new computer soon, and I want to get the family out of the lot so I can back up my data without corrupting the things.

~Cavey

Sorry but... Bright much?

Um, can you find the file for the game?

I've got it somewhere, do you mean the file for the downloads, or the file with the readme things and the BodyShop?

ARRRRRRRRGHHH STUPID DISK WHERE ARE YOU?

Yeah, I want to play because I installed some custom terrain paints and stay out of large lots, but I can't find the disk...

~Cavey

@Shiney-for the regular Sims game, I've looked on a site called GameFAQs about the game, and it says you have to have a game called Livin' Large in order for the sim to get pregnant as it contains something called the Love Bed.

You're lucky your S2 game is still functioning. What expansion packs do people have?

Well, since it's a PS2 game and not the PC one, I'm not sure how getting another game would go with that... I know on my mom's Sims 1 game, she was able to get pregnant in her story mode and adopt babehs.

; ^; But what I'm really curious about is if gay couples can adopt children, since they allow them to get married... (which is total win.)

GOT THE SIMS 3, DOWNLOADED ON MY IPHONE. ITS IIGHT... GOT A DECE JOB 200 BUX A DAY ohmy.gif

MADE A LADY LEAVE HER HUSBAND FOR ME.

YEAH IM A PIMP

*headdesks repeatedly* OH CRAP I HATE MY GRAPHICS CARD.

My child female Sim in the Falls family has a slit in her neck. And I have no clue why-the lot had nothing on it, wasn't too big, and nothing was custom in there.

I'm thinking that it might be the boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat I used, but...I turned it off. And I was a complete idiot...and saved it. >< >< >< NOOOOO! I don't know if I can remove one family's data without corrupting the game, but I don't think I can...curse you, bad graphics card!

And a few days ago my father told me I didn't have the system requirements for Sims 3.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Any help I can have is appreciated...I took out all custom things except for hacks to keep the game OK.

~Cavey

*headdesks repeatedly* OH CRAP I HATE MY GRAPHICS CARD.

My child female Sim in the Falls family has a slit in her neck. And I have no clue why-the lot had nothing on it, wasn't too big, and nothing was custom in there.

I'm thinking that it might be the boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat I used, but...I turned it off. And I was a complete idiot...and saved it. >< >< >< NOOOOO! I don't know if I can remove one family's data without corrupting the game, but I don't think I can...curse you, bad graphics card!

And a few days ago my father told me I didn't have the system requirements for Sims 3.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Any help I can have is appreciated...I took out all custom things except for hacks to keep the game OK.

~Cavey

Ugh I hate it when my Sims 2 Pets breaks similar to that, but I dunno since it's a PC game so...

Take out any hacks that you don't need or want that much because something might have caused it or it had something to do with memory.

Slit neck? o.O

Well, since it's a PS2 game and not the PC one, I'm not sure how getting another game would go with that... I know on my mom's Sims 1 game, she was able to get pregnant in her story mode and adopt babehs.

; ^; But what I'm really curious about is if gay couples can adopt children, since they allow them to get married... (which is total win.)

They can.

I've had mine adopt children before.

However, it was much more convenient just to impregnate them via hacks, so... I did.

Problem with adopting is you don't know what kind of kid you're going to end up with, aside from the age and gender.

It just wouldn't float with my super snobby gay couple to be toting around an ugly kid.

xd.png

But you used hacks with the computer, right? :< How can it/does it happen on the PS2 game...?

But you used hacks with the computer, right? :< How can it/does it happen on the PS2 game...?

Not for adopting, no. That's just part of the game functions.

I'd suggest looking it up. If there's a way for it to be done, someone online has probably found out about it and posted it.

:3

I just recently found out that in S2 that your sims can get a fatal illness from playing with a neglected guinea pig.

I never would have found that out myself if I hadn't looked it up.

Slit neck? o.O

I mean the child has a small amount of her neck missing. You can clearly see the blue of her shirt if you look at it. It's like someone chopped a piece of her pixel-neck out, without all the blood and bones. Sometimes the game doesn't chop the neck/forehead, though, and just keeps Sims from moving. By moving I mean walking, speaking, using the toilet, eating-anything they can do. They'll freeze completely, the action will vanish from the queue, and their plumbob will blink, like:

Plumbob: flash-gone-back-flash-gone-back-flash-gone-back-flash

Other sims: Wut

And so on.

Rain, I said slit IN the neck, not slit neck.

I guess I'll take my hacks out...let me see...all of it's out. But I can't find the hack to make sims write with pens in their diaries instead of knives. But the glitch is pretty goofy.

~Cavey

I mean the child has a small amount of her neck missing. You can clearly see the blue of her shirt if you look at it. It's like someone chopped a piece of her pixel-neck out, without all the blood and bones. Sometimes the game doesn't chop the neck/forehead, though, and just keeps Sims from moving. By moving I mean walking, speaking, using the toilet, eating-anything they can do. They'll freeze completely, the action will vanish from the queue, and their plumbob will blink, like:

Plumbob: flash-gone-back-flash-gone-back-flash-gone-back-flash

Other sims: Wut

And so on.

Rain, I said slit IN the neck, not slit neck.

I guess I'll take my hacks out...let me see...all of it's out. But I can't find the hack to make sims write with pens in their diaries instead of knives. But the glitch is pretty goofy.

~Cavey

Is the shirt a custom content download, or did it come packaged with the game? Sometimes with custom content, there are little meshing errors that people make. It's surprisingly quite complicated to mesh things.

If you took a screenshot, this may be a little easier for me lol.