heartofkavelle

The Sims

My Sims Pets Gamecube is uber glitchy, so building houses is a nightmare, moneywise and placementwise.

Though sometimes I like to get a sim abducted by aliens for a bit when I need to cool off >:)

Even though you can't actually have a family, its fun to try and mass-breed cats for 20 minutes until a fainted one traps me. Then I faint. And the police can't reach us because for some reason something is blocking the door.

I've only played Urbz (best one so far...), a bit of Busting Out (Broke before even finishing...) and Sims 2.

Can't believe I'm currently playing through Ubrz (DS) all over again xd.png

I love the sims! I have all the expansions for Sims, and all the major ones for Sims2 - but I don't have sims3 yet. And I'm REALLY frustrated right now because my Sims2 Apartment Life CD has stopped being recognized by my computer, and it won't let me use any other to load it. Just says "Please insert the ORIGINAL Sims 2: Apartment Life CD" Grrr...it IS the original, store bought, used to install and previously play the game CD...so I'm in Sims withdrawl now...

Building is my favorite thing too - I sometimes have more fun buidling stuff and setting up a scenario than actually playing it! When I can get myself to play a scenario I built for myself though its fun. I made a severely haunted house...and a crazy cat lady, etc. I also made the South Park crew once just for laughs - didn't really play it much, but it was funny to build!

I have all the sims, and the first expansion for 3

Pros about Sims 3:

You can be late to a job, and still go. Your job rating goes down, but you don't have to miss a full day.

If you get your fishing/gardening high enough, you don't need a job, you can just sell your wares to the shops.

You don't need a cheat to make sure your sims don't age, which is the only reason I ever used cheats.

If you don't want a social sim, make them a loner. They're actually happier not going to parties and such. My brother in law had a loner character that went to the graveyard and made friends with the ghosts there.

Cons about Sims 3:

If you have it so your Sims don't age, babies and stuff don't either. I had a crying infant for a week before I figured this out.

Your neighbors interact with your sims, so if you make two families to interact with each other, they can go off and do their own thing! There is a way to turn this option off, though.

Rare seeds and such are difficult to find, and some of the help stuff doesn't 'help'. AROUND the graveyard does not equal IN the graveyard.

I say the Sims 3 is a bunch of crap because you can't really design the sims how you want to and they all have the same faces!!!!!!!!!!! blink.gif

They don't for me. There are many options to customize their looks.

The trick I learned is to put every slider to the far right or far left. Every single one. At the end of that, they'll definitely look...........interesting. But at the same time, it gives you a completely clean slate. From there, you customize their look completely, without any defaults that may make them look like every other sim. biggrin.gif

In the sims 3, I have recently gotten the expansion pack "Late Night." Being a vampire is so fun.

To be honest with you, I'm not all that excited about The Sims 3. Sure, it's got good graphics and all, but not the good ol' play like in The Sims 2 and one. I had got a few expansion packs for both the first one and second game. Personally, I also like the PC version better than the console version. I like it better when my Sims do activities quickly. Another thing is that cheats in The Sims 2 are very useful for movie-makers and definitely for funny stories, maybe even a legacy or two. One thing, is that instead of setting options to control the aging, there's just simple cheats necessary to do so. Still, it's just my opinion on the games. I can't say much about The Sims, because I haven't played the first one very much (our older computers broke sooner than we thought they would). However, I can say that The Sims is a very great life simulation game series, overall, from my experience.

oh! I adore the Sims! especially The Sims 3!

I even moderate the largest fan-site in our country smile.gif

oh! I adore the Sims! especially The Sims 3!

I even moderate the largest fan-site in our country smile.gif

You just reminded me to go check out my account

The Sims will always be my first similation love xd.png

Cheats really ruin the game for you, after a while I didn't even know how to raise one child without cheats when I raised 5 children in the house the first time playing Sims 2 o.0

Have Sims Deluxe, The Sims 2 + Pets, Seasons, Nightlife, also Sims 3 that I got for my birthday biggrin.gif

All have since been uninstalled now lol insane amount of files for a computer to hold them all

I rememer plaing the sims years ago. I got into it since I really liked building my own house. I liked decorating and all that stuff. I also recently heard that it will be out for the xbox 360 and the other consoles so I think I might want to get that when it comes out. tongue.gif

I got Sims3 for Wii for Christmas. It's good but since this is for the computer versions I'm gonna poof.

*poofs*

<3 sims

However, for whatever reason Sims 2 glitches on my computer so that I can't see the people (bodyparts either stretch across the screen or vanish entirely) and Sims 3 needs too fast a processing speed for it

*sadface*

Have any of you guys done like a huge family tree legacy thing? I'm thinking about like 3 kids and parents to start with all diff ages but.. meh...idk

I love Sims 3. I've never played any of the other sims. I've only played Sims 3 for the PC. Its so fun!!!!! :3 i love "making" ghost children! :3

LOVE THEM. c:

I've played them only on PS, PS2 and PS3 - the first two weren't special, but you get the main thing of the game. For PC they're probably better, but I don't like the idea of sitting in the front of computer all the time. I loved the story game of sims 2 though.

Anyway I got the sims 3 for PS3 as a christmas present. And it's very like the PC version(my brother has it)! love love love it.

I've played with all the Sims and on all kind of console, but the best is on pc, as I love to add objects, mods and expansions for create the world I like. I really enjoy the goals and the missions added in The Sims 3, because in the first 2 games after creating my sim and building my house I lost interess in playing.

I've been playing sims on the PC for a long time. The one thing I'm NOT good at is making real people. I give up too easy. :P And I think it's more fun to make someone up and then decide what their personality is. :-)