Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

After waiting for a bit Viat looked around "Does it always take this long to teleport with someone else with ya?" he asked looking stamick now not quiting. "Sorry to rush you but I'm now really hungry."

Spark frowned, thoroughly alarmed now. "Kiro! Wait up!" Receiving no reply, the red adult growled and muttered under his breath. He raised his wings and started to ride up on a breeze. Soon enough, Spark was skimming over the trees, his keen eyes skimming the ground below him for Kiro. Finally the messenger spotted her and dropped down until they were in hearing range. "Kiro! Slow down!" Spark called again in a very obvios worried voice. "You don't know what's in the forest! Nobody does! You can run into danger!" He cursed himself for not knowing how to be a better messenger. What if this was all his fault and Kiro got hurt?

After waiting for a bit Viat looked around "Does it always take this long to teleport with someone else with ya?" he asked looking stamick now not quiting. "Sorry to rush you but I'm now really hungry."

((I can't always reply right away ya know.))

Edited by Booo

Vita nodded "Ready when you are." he said not used to being wrapped up in a wing. He started wondering what a teleportation would feel like, and if it has any effects on non teleport types.

QUOTE (little lost dragon @ Feb 26 2011, 03:56 PM)

((There's 2-3 days there.))

Edited by little lost dragon

Dia sniffed the ground and started to trace a scent, occasionally scenting the ground again. Once she saw a bush with lost of the prey-scent, she leaped inside. There were rabbit bones inside. She yanked it out of the branches and dropped it on the ground outside of the bush. Leaves were stuck in her scales, and she asked, "Rabbit bones? I wonder who left them there."

---

"I'm Lani, and your leader told me to come over here and find you. Confessedly, I don't know why, but I did anyway." Lani responded. She seems nice, although a little jumpy.

((So you post again?))

((Yes I post again to help you come up with something to post with. To be honest I get the feeling I'm being ignored really. You say its writers block yet your posting for the other chars just fine.))

Poderoso teleported to the Food den, "Help yourself." he said.

~~~~~

Eclipse took the plants and chewed them slowly. She stuck her tongue out in disgust, then spat them out again. "Yuck!"

Edited by Booo

Vita nodded then slid out of Poderoso's wing and took a rabbit and ate it. "Thanks Poderoso." he said then looked around not knowing what else to do tail shield still up just in case. He looked at it "Can't be to careful." he said smiling.

Kurapika laughed softly. Yes, she remembered how marigolds had first tasted to her when she herself was training to be a medi-dragon. The taste was strong and, of course, bitter - poppy seed and catmint were the only herbs that didn't have a bitter tang - but after a while you got used to it. Marigolds were among the most often-used herbs, so Kurapika was almost completely oblivious to the taste. Of course, this was Eclipse's first time tasting marigold, so the sunset medi-dragon shouldn't have felt surprised that her apprentice immediately spat the leaves back out again.

Still, Kurapika felt surprised, just because she was so used to chewing up herbs and forgot for a moment how bitter they tasted to other dragons. "Don't worry," she dragon-purred soothingly. "I know it tastes terrible. But you'll get used to that sometime." She prodded the mixture Eclipse had spat out. "You chewed it up very nicely, actually," she praised her. "Now I'll show you how to use the poultice to treat the wound. Watch carefully."

Eyes narrowed slightly in concentration, Kurapika took a large dock leaf and spread the poultice onto the leaf. She wrapped the leaf gently around Kara's shield - cobweb didn't stick on guardian dragons' shields - and proceeded to spread the rest of the poultice onto the rest of Kara's wounds except for a pawful. "Your turn," Kurapika announced, stepping back so Eclipse could spread the last bit of marigold onto Kara's last few wounds.

Kara tried to hold still as the medi dragon taught her apperantice. she felt dock leave and the polutice on her shield, and by now she felt like she was positively covered in cobweb and polutices. she almost smiled at the sunrise hatchling's exclaim. she crained her neck, trying to see these dragons.

"so, can you tell me more about this Land of Gold? It seems you built a dragon town."

she remembered her family. they lived bit far off from the normal villige, trying to keep themselves hidden, though it didn't work out. Her mother had talked about how some dragon town had hunters or warrior.

This looks like awesomness. May I join? I talked to, no PMed Laura and she didn't respond.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

[1) Booo is the owner, not Laura 2) According to the OOC thread we're not accepting ^^" Maybe Booo will make an exception though. Also use double parenthesis (( )) or brackets [ ] when posting OOC.]

This looks like awesomness. May I join? I talked to, no PMed Laura and she didn't respond.

((What Stunningfire said. And please read the rules and the OOC before attempting to join.))

Kara was getting tired, holding her shield to the place. she looked around t the golden medicen den. If I am to be hunter or warrior, I'll probably be a hunter she thought.

(sorry for short post butt I felt like this rp was going to die if someone don't post.. sad.gif)

[@Hawk: Yes but it clearly says in the subtitle that it now belongs to Booo]

"A dragon town," Kurapika mused. "Yes, I suppose that's what you could call the Land of Gold." She paused, considering how to tell the lives of dragons living in the Land of Gold to an outsider, how to word it. The medi-dragon was silent as she thought, spreading the marigold poultice onto another wound slowly. The sunset's mind always worked better when her claws were busy. "But it's . . . I don't know . . . more, I guess, than just a regular ole dragon town." She looked at Kara curiously. "It's hard to explain to someone who hadn't grown up in this environment. I guess we take our way of life for granted."

Kurapika finished spreading the marigold on the wound and rocked back onto her heels. (If dragons have heels, that is. If not, well, she rocked back on the dragon equivalent on heels.) "You know already that we have a little system going on. Every dragon has a job, something to do. We train the new workers while they are still young hatchlings; that way, by the time they are adults, they have already had a place in the Land of Gold. The mentors work really hard, and the result is almost always satisfactory."

Kurapika wiped her claws neatly on a large leaf and waited for Eclipse to finish, considering how to word the next part: the part that really made the Land of Gold different from other "dragon towns". "The messenger is a really important job. You see, they not only carry, well, messages; that part of the job is actually rarely used as we rarely communicate with other communities. The main part of their job is to communicate with . . . the gods."

Kurapika looked carefully at Kara's face, judging her reaction. The Land of Gold was blessed that it was watched over by so many caring, powerful gods, and that they could communicate directly with them. "The messengers go to the Moonstone, but regular dragons go to the god shrine." She paused. "Am I talking your ear off? I'm sorry. Do you have any questions?"

Edited by Stunningfire

Kiro looked away, "I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself." she said bluntly. As she picked up speed she almost ran over a snake. Frightened, it sprang out and sunk it's fangs into her hind leg.

~~~~~

Eclipse did what Kurapika had showed her, having no part in the conversation. She stepped back and looked over her work with satisfaction.

Edited by Booo

Foolish, Spark thought angrily as Kiro turned away and ran faster. "Mouse-brain, you'll get hurt!" No sooner had the words left his mouth when she fell. Spark saw the snake lash out, sinking its fangs into her leg, then slither away out of sight. The red dragon's heart literally stopped beating, then came back, twice as fast as before. "KIROOO!!!" he yelled, the swooped down. Breathing hard, Spark landed behind his apprentice in a flurry of leaves and wind. "Kiro? Kiro! Answer me!" The messenger tried to turn Kiro over, afraid to hurt her.

"Oh, gods, please, please," Spark whispered fervently, fumbling for Kiro's leg to feel for a pulse. Her wings got in the way and he was frightened that he would hurt her in some way. "Athena, Zeus . . . if I have ever acted in your favor, help me now, please, please . . . let it not have been a venomous snake, let Kiro be safe, please . . . "

It took a while until Kiro blinked and looked up at Spark. "Relax. I just tripped, thats all." she said, not realizing what had just happened. She flinched, feeling the pain in her leg. "I'm fine.....aren't I?" she asked, suddenly not feeling as certain.

~~~~~

Dawn looked over, seeing her father. It didn't really surprise her, being used to his sudden appearances. What did surprise her however was when another dragon suddenly came over and took a rabbit from right under her nose. She turned away, clutching hers tightly. She continued to nibble on it as she occasionally looked backed with caution in her eyes.

Edited by Booo

A god? Kara thought. this world is more amazing than I thought. she marbled at the idea. a God! her wonder was seen clear on her face.

Lani tapped her foot and waited for a response from Alina.

--

Dia, seeing no response from her mentor, flew off, bored. She searched around the forest for something to do other than her training, which had been going very slowly. She had not done much as of yet.

After resiving no answer from his mentor he looked around "Say um I'm going to go find my friend ok? If you want me just call." he said before flying off.

Relief coursed through Spark when Kiro lifted her head. She blinked up at him and told him to relax, but the relief disappeared when his apprentice asked if she just tripped and if she was fine. "Kiro . . . I don't know, but when you fell, you almost tripped over a snake and it, well, it bit you." Spark's heart ached to tell Kiro this. What if she died? What then? "I'm sorry, Kiro, it's all my fault," the red messenger continued in a pained voice. "I should have kept closer watch over you." Kiro should be seeing the medi-dragon now, but there was no way she could get there . . . unless Spark carried her?

"Nonsense! I'll be fine." Kiro insisted. She managed to stand up and continued to walk at a slow pace. She limped slightly with every step, trying her hardest not to show any weakness.

((Those "No response" posts don't help much. They actually make things worse. If you choose to post twice, don't be surprised if I don't respond.

Edit: Sorry if that sounded rude.))

Edited by Booo