Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

((The stone has a crescent moon on it, see the map?)) Edited by Booo

[Oh... THAT moon. X3 Correct me if I'm wrong about the process.]

"Of course," Spark said in his rumbling dragon-purr voice. His eyes were sparkling with excitement and he felt just like he imagined Kiro felt at the moment. The red adult was reminded of his first time next to the Moonstone, when he, too, was blinded by the sheer beauty and brilliance of the stone. "Just kneel down next to it and press your nose against the crescent moon." His eyes, though still sparkling with excitement, had a touch of seriousness now and his soft voice was slightly urgent.

"Kiro," Spark said to stop his apprentice before she could do anything, "know that this is a sacred ritual. Only messengers have been able to perform this task - messengers, and very rarely leaders. This is a way - the way - to communicate with the gods, so treat it well." He smiled, then, and the urgency eased off a little. "Don't be scared, Kiro. The gods welcome you as the new messenger apprentice. Once you press your nose to the crescent moon, they will come to you. You don't have to do anything."

Dia grumbled then looked around to search for more prey, still dizzy from her crash into the tree. She started to stalk a mouse, then pounced. She caught it in her claws, but then it slipped out of her grip. She growled, slammed her paw, and let out a flurry of nasty curses. She started to chomp angirly on a tree branch, the wood splintering in her powerful jaws. She dug her claws into the ground until her mad frenzy dissipated. She hissed lightly then sat down, glaring at the forest around her. "Doesn't anything work for me?" She said to herself quite loudly, enabling Reina to hear.

Edited by kittybrianna

Kiro nodded and slowly but steadily pressed against the stone. The blue light glistened in her eyes, and then suddenly.....nothing happened. She waited...and waited...but what Spark had mentioned never came. She looked back at Spark, confused. "Am I doing something wrong?" she asked anxiously. She was worried that she might of messed up on her first day.

~~~~~

"Don't worry, not everyone gets it at first. You just need to practice." said Reina reassuringly. She flashed a worried glance at Dia before slamming her tail against the fox she had frozen earlier. Ice shattered in all directions, the dead fox fell on it's side.

Edited by Booo

After sitting there for a bit Vita wondered if this was another lesson or something. He waited....... and waited....... and waited...... stamick growled.... more waiting.... another stamick growl "Um.... mind if I eat?" he pipped up.

Kurapika glanced up and saw a young female guardian dragon - Kara - enter the den. She smiled kindly, eyes tired from working so hard but eager to help. "Hello, Kara," the medi-dragon greeted the younger dragon. Her eyes were twinkling with curiosity. "What brings you to my den? How may I help you? Are you hurt? Tell me what happened." Already the sunset was preparing another nest for her newest patient to rest on while she prepared any herbs she might need or mixed the poultices she would need to treat any wound or sickness, depending on what Kara needed.

[Who's the black dragon and what happened to him/her?]

"you... do you have white dragon heritage? I'm hurt."

she looked down at her blood flowing all over her body.

"obiously."

she added. she pondered the next question.

what happened.

she cringed at the memory. she had been so scared and still was. but she was safe now. in land of gold, she was hidden.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

she said simply.

Dia sniffed. She wasn't going to say anything. She looked around, and saw the bushes rustling. She wanted to try a different point of view. She climbed a tree and looked down upon a scrawny rabbit. Dia flicked her tail before leaping on top of the rabbit, digging her claws in it to pin it. With a quick nip to the rabbit's neck, she killed it. Dia carried it out of the bush, eyes gleaming with success. The rabbit wasn't the biggest, but big enough for a hatchling to eat. She asked, "How did I do...?"

Poderoso was distracted for a moment but shook it off. "Oh...um...of course." he said. He wrapped his wing around the young dragon, "Ready?".

~~~~~

"Nice one. See? It just takes practice." said Reina. She picked up the fox and dropped it next to Dia.

((I need Lani to do something.))

Vita nodded "Ready when you are." he said not used to being wrapped up in a wing. He started wondering what a teleportation would feel like, and if it has any effects on non teleport types.

Dia's eyes glowed with her enthusiasm from the praise. She asked, "Should we practice on my hunting crouches, ways to stalk certain kinds of prey, and so on?" She only wondered this because she wanted to learn about hunting, the different moves on hunting, the different prey, and so on. I wonder if I might be able to catch anything bigger than me. Which I highly doubt.

[Wait, so, Booo, I think the gods are supposed to come to Kiro now ^^;]

Kurapika nodded, her eyes taking in the injured dragon's body with one sweep of her eyes. "I'm a medi-dragon," she explained. "I have to have white dragon heritage. Don't worry, Kara, I'll get you fixed up pretty quickly," the sunset assured Kara. "And it's fine if you don't want to talk about it. I'll just have to find a way to treat your wounds. It helps to know what caused them, you know," Kurapika added pointedly. She didn't say anything more, though, and began to clean the younger dragon's wounds. "This might sting a little, but it'll feel much better afterwards. Bear with me."

Kara let the medi dragon cleanse her wound. it stung, but she had worse. she raised her shield, showing the medi dragon the wound. she surely wounden't expect a guardian dragon to have a wound on her shield. but there was one, shape by a foot, clawing on her sheild. If kara didn't show her, she might not notice the wound.

Aria wasn't surprised that like almost all newcomers, she was uncertain and confused. Again she nodded before looking in the direction of the Nursery. "Over there, you will run into a dragon by the name of Alina. Tell her that I sent you and that you wish to assist her." she said before going silent.

~~~~~

Dawn walked slowly into the Food Den, keeping her eyes on the ground. She went over to the edge of the food pile and began to slowly munch on a rabbit.

[sorry, didn't see this post Booo.]

Lani dipped her head gratefully before backing out of the entrance. She looked around and saw the so called 'nursery'. Lani flew over to it and looked around for the dragon with the name of Alina. What does she look like? She asked herself.

Spark had been leaning forward eagerly, eyes watching with fierce concentration. When it had been his turn to receive the gods' blessing, it had just been like he was dreaming. And so the messenger was surprised when Kiro's eyes stayed open . . . and they were anxious, as well as dazed by the glistening blue light of the crescent moon. Spark relaxed, leaning back again, although his eyes were worried. He opened his mouth to ask if anything was wrong, but Kiro beat him to it, asking HIM if she was doing anything wrong.

"I-I don't th-think so," the red dragon stuttered. His eyes glinted. This wasn't supposed to happen! What was he supposed to do when this happened? All his training hadn't prepared him for this . . .

Kiro began to feel terrible. She couldn't tell if it was because she was worried or if she was just nervous, being her first time. "....Maybe something came up, we could try tomorrow." she said, already turning to leave.

Edited by Booo

Spark frowned every so slightly. It wasn't like the gods to ignore a new messenger. They must have known Kiro was coming - they always watched the ceremonies and they knew what was going on everywhere in the Land of Gold. And why would they ignore a messenger apprentice in the first place? "Yeah, maybe," Spark muttered anyway. There was no way he was letting on that he had no earthly idea what was up with the gods. I'm a really lousy messenger, the red dragon thought wistfully as he spread his wings, preparing to take off again. Kiro couldn't start her training until she had met with the gods, Spark remembered worriedly. They would have to work it out somehow.

((Hey don't worry your not the only one with a char thats limboed. And this time I can't do squat))

[xP What happened to your Stone dragon? He's avaliable.]

Lani saw a Day glory, and walked over. She hesitated, then tapped it on the shoulder. "Are you Alina...?" She asked cautiously, not wanting to offend it, whoever the dragon was.

Edited by kittybrianna

((burned out there. No one is in limbo with him anyway. that char did not seem successful at all. More or less forgot about him till now.))

LLD (Really need to change his name) was walking around again back to the golden building area and sat down. His partner ran off some were and he never saw her again and now was getting lonely and sat down in a clearing and sighed.

Kurapika finished cleaning the most obvious wounds. She left the smaller wounds for last - they weren't really in danger of infection - and began to work on the shield, which Kara had raised helpfully. The sunset wiped the dust and grime away, and the cuts shone clean. There was a big, gaping wound rimmed with red that made the medi-dragon's stomach clench. What had wounded Kara so, that she wouldn't even speak of it? Kurapika sighed softly and reached over for some marigold. "This will help clear out any infection," the sunset explained as she began to chew it up to make a poultice.

Alina almost jumped out of her scales, she turned around to face where the voice was coming from. "Yes, I am." she said, "And who are you?" she asked.

~~~~~

Aria went over to the egg, the cracks were getting bigger. Just when she thought she had taken care of everyone she heard a noise and looked over to see yet another dragon. Aria sighed and laughed to herself, 'What a life...' she thought. "What can I help you with?" she asked.

Torna looked up to the sound of her voice. "It's Ada, I can't find her anywhere. I was hoping that maybe you knew where she might be." he replied.

~~~~~

Being the stubborn dragon she is Eclipse was getting impatient. She went over to Kurapika and poked her, hoping she'd get the hint.

~~~~~

Reina was glad to see Dia so enthusiastic. "If you want, whatever comes to you naturally." she said.

~~~~~

Kiro went ahead and whisked through the forest, making no eye contact with Spark.

Edited by Booo

[1) What does Eclipse need? 2) I thought Kiro was gonna pretend to receive something...? o.O]

((1. She wants to help her in some way. 2. I don't remember saying that.)) Edited by Booo

[Nevermind X3 Sorry.]

Kurapika glanced over in surprise as Eclipse poked her. "Ahh, yes, Eclipse?" the medi-dragon asked, trying not to get impatient. She was busy, and her apprentice should know that. "Did you need something?" Then it dawned at her. Eclipse was her apprentice. Kurapika was supposed to be teaching her all this, and letting her help some. "Oh, um. Like I said, the marigold helps to keep away infection. You have to chew it up into a poultice, like this. Here, why don't you try." The sunset pushed some leaves toward her daughter.

[Will post as Spark later]