Silverdrak

Silvi's Lair

Right now the hatching sands area has lots of hatchies and hiddens and clicking on the arrow does not remove them.

Also, trying to add my scroll just brings up a blank screen.

image.thumb.png.71e8c6d38987dca05ef252b728039c7c.png

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Right now the hatching sands area has lots of hatchies and hiddens and clicking on the arrow does not remove them.

Also, trying to add my scroll just brings up a blank screen.

image.thumb.png.71e8c6d38987dca05ef252b728039c7c.png

I am facing the exact same issue too.

All seems back to normal, now.

Not loading for me, either. Took a long time and when it finally did come up there were no eggs or hatchies, just empty space. Won't load my scroll at all.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Seems OK here....

It's working again for me, too.

Checked today.   Working again for me now also.  Thank you!!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Working now... 

Earlier msg...

Can't access the Lair = get this message:

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
947cc0ea1089a35e7ad7c4f21723ffe1 3728754979ea111be1a69df9f228536e 0cc6a8f483c166d7203c96cdf6f7fc28

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Would it be possible to either remove the code-add feature or implement removal by code?  I love the site and it's been a great help to me over the years, but I've noticed that increasingly over the last few holiday seasons, people have been adding spriter's altkins in the AP to Silvi's Lair so that they hatch and grow up wild behind the holiday wall, which is a shame.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, Ponystar17 said:

Would it be possible to either remove the code-add feature or implement removal by code?  I love the site and it's been a great help to me over the years, but I've noticed that increasingly over the last few holiday seasons, people have been adding spriter's altkins in the AP to Silvi's Lair so that they hatch and grow up wild behind the holiday wall, which is a shame.

Seconding this. This is a fantastic hatchery, but it's beyond frustrating to see so many 2g salts grow up wild because people added their codes.

There's 1 egg in the incubator that shows that red background and I've no idea why...

(I do have that egg code but I guess it isn't appropriate to put the code in public here, so that can be communicated via PM I guess?)

silvi.png

On 2/16/2022 at 12:58 PM, Rhahatl said:

Seconding this. This is a fantastic hatchery, but it's beyond frustrating to see so many 2g salts grow up wild because people added their codes.

Third this, and people are starting to do this for 2G Thuweds as well. I spent the better part of yesterday day clearing out the AP to get the wall above three days so they could be influenceable, only to check the time on the eggs today and find someone nuked them all; unless the AP rises above four days, this means no one will have a chance to grab them now. 

If the code feature has to stay, I'd like for it to at least only apply to ER eggs/hatchies the way Sherwood Forest's hatchery does because it really bites to put in effort to track special eggs just for one person to ruin it for everyone else.

Edited by Myoukin

Okay so I never use this hatchery, but this is the second time this month someone adds my eggs into it, forcing them to hatch before I wanted to. My scroll name is hidden, and I don’t have that option that says I require help. Is there any way for my scroll to be blocked from the hatchery? 

There seems to be a problem with the site.  I try to open my scroll to add eggs in, and it opens only my scroll name.  Not even the hatchery appears

Nevermind.  It seems to have been fixed already, lol

Edited by Elzapeth

On 8/18/2023 at 12:03 PM, -Rinikka- said:

Okay so I never use this hatchery, but this is the second time this month someone adds my eggs into it, forcing them to hatch before I wanted to. My scroll name is hidden, and I don’t have that option that says I require help. Is there any way for my scroll to be blocked from the hatchery? 

Yeah, I came back today to find that all of my trades were auto-canceled because someone had added all of the codes while I was at work, causing stuff to hatch and grow up. I also have my scroll hidden because people have been consistently nuking my scroll using multiple hatcheries if I leave it visible while I'm sleeping and I am beyond frustrated. I feel like I'm not allowed to walk away from my computer without worrying about some jerk sabotaging my trades.

Please remove the option of adding single codes on the site. Silvi's Lair and Valley Sherwood are the only sites where I can do that.

I'm requesting that because someone keeps adding thuweds on the site, causing them to grow up wild. 

Edited by Cinnamonear

17 hours ago, Cinnamonear said:

Please remove the option of adding single codes on the site. This is the only site where I can do that.

I'm requesting that because someone keeps adding thuweds on the site, causing them to grow up wild. 

Perhaps better: check the "acceptaid" field before allowing eggs to be added directly. This allows the feature to remain but only for situations where permission is (somewhat implicitly) given.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:
On 2/19/2024 at 4:47 PM, Cinnamonear said:

Please remove the option of adding single codes on the site. This is the only site where I can do that.

Perhaps better: check the "acceptaid" field before allowing eggs to be added directly. This allows the feature to remain but only for situations where permission is (somewhat implicitly) given.

Ah, it is a solution with finesse! I feel like I didn't quite understand its explanation fully the last time. 

I'd so look forward to this change! (There's also Sherwood that needs this.)

Time would tell if it's enough, but it'd be a logical start.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:41 AM, TJ09 said:

In the past I in fact tried to add this check but never got this field in the response. I remember that pretty well because I got very frustrated that I could get things working and finally decided to just let it be. I believe I even sent you notes about this that time. ^^'

I haven't checked if that changed meanwhile. I don't find time for anything programmatical. ._. I still want to rewrite the hatchery one day.

I wonder why eggs that have no owner should be available to hatcheries or be able to get views.

If people don't misuse the function for people with hidden scroll, they find another ways to give views to these eggs. I remember that there are autorefreshers out there which don't care for APIs. And in the past one added eggs to freaquently viewed websites and forums to get them grown. People always find ways to make something fun to something annoying. 😕

6 hours ago, Silverdrak said:

In the past I in fact tried to add this check but never got this field in the response. I remember that pretty well because I got very frustrated that I could get things working and finally decided to just let it be. I believe I even sent you notes about this that time. ^^'

Yes, the field was poorly-documented and probably didn't work for a while, so it's not a surprise it isn't being used. No blame is being directed at you or any other hatchery developer for not using it, but moving forward it'd be nice to start.

6 hours ago, Silverdrak said:

I wonder why eggs that have no owner should be available to hatcheries or be able to get views.

This is discussed over in this thread:

But the goal is to protect people's privacy and avoid possible harassment of people who pick up eggs from the AP by making it impossible to differentiate an egg that is in the AP from one that is not.

The AP thing is a bit beside the point anyway. If someone turns off the "accepting aid" notice, then hatcheries should help respect that option. There are always more possible abuse vectors but that doesn't mean we shouldn't bother fixing the ones we can control.