Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

There are many many problems with wildlife preservation world wide. The dolphin thing is far from the most horrific of them.

The lineart for sunset is done! It's kinda serious and less cute D: I'm trying out a new style. It'll look closer to the Skywing than anything else.

@ Kira - thank you <3

hmm... serious... would it work with 'whee!' ?? but im excited.

By the way, if people are looking for other good charities, I highly recommend Heifer International. They donate livestock to those in need, and give them the powerful gift of education about farming, animal care, nutrition, finances, literacy, building an economy, women's rights, and much more. They aren't working directly with the Pakistan flooding, but they do have several projects in Pakistan and many many more around the world. Here's a partial list. They are also really good about making sure the money actually goes where it's supposed to.

And if you want to be part of something really awesome, and especially if you're a fan of fantasy novels, Patrick Rothfuss (author of international best-seller The Name of the Wind) has a huge fundraiser for Heifer International every December. He has authors and artists of all kinds donating work to the cause-- you can either buy one of the works, and that money goes to Heifer, or you can donate straight to Heifer and each $10 gets you one raffle ticket for the prizes. Last year Pat raised $128,926.00 through this-- and then he and his publisher matched 50% of those donations for a grand total of $193,389.00. :3

really? but you spent so much hard work on it! we can just do it with no speech bubble if its easier on you, i dont care much!

Yeah.. human beings tend to not treat animals very well.

On a smaller note, I went to a zoo during a trip to some southern states, and found out they have my favorite animal (arctic fox).

At the time, it still had its white fur. You wanna know where they stuck it?

An outdoor exhibit in 90-100 degree weather (F) with hardly any shade.

It hid in a cement pipe in its exhibit all day long. The exhibit was tiny, too..

The poor lil guy was probably on the verge of overheating.

Most of its arctic animals were in pretty warm exhibits. =\

Come to the Toronto Zoo :3 it's rated in the top 10 or so of the best Zoos in the world.

Edited by Roon

OMG you guys I just caught an artist who was tracing and making money off other people's work on dA and I've been sending notes all over the place 8D I feel like JUSTICE ahaha

@ Sapphire XD you don't have to apologize! Not your fault I'm uninspired D:

ow wow. evil DA artist.

ok then, thanks so much :DDDDD i luffs you roon <33333

Edited by sapphiredragon73

OMG you guys I just caught an artist who was tracing and making money off other people's work on dA and I've been sending notes all over the place 8D I feel like JUSTICE ahaha

@ Sapphire xd.png you don't have to apologize! Not your fault I'm uninspired D:

Unfortunately, there's a whole lot of art thievery on DA. =/ Most of my favorite artists on that site have had their art stolen and re-distributed....on DA, lol.

I'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful, Roon. laugh.gif

Toronto as in Canada? D: [/stupid]

I don't have a passport!

But yeah.. Just never go to the NC Zoo in Asheboro.. they're evil.

>: Poor fox.. I bought a stuffed animal of an arctic fox from one of those companies that claims to help animals. Let's hope they actually do >>

Yeah, lots of art stealing on dA... I wonder if I'll ever spot anything, though. I'm not very sharp at spotting similarities.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

.______. okay I swear to god the images are identical but for some reason I'm being flamed for accusing the person. Ugh.

Soooo many wrongs happened today that I just feel dead and totally depressed. Drawing cute things is impossible.

user posted image

They're called "white knights" and will defend a person even when said person is flaming them as well.

Don't worry about them.

Edited by RheaZen

*hugs you all*

I finished the lineart in a satisfactory manner. Its now ultra chibi tongue.gif

LOL, I can't wait to see it then. xd.png

*gives super hugs to Roon* Cheer up~! <3

LOL, I can't wait to see it then. xd.png

*gives super hugs to Roon* Cheer up~! <3

^ that^ roon, its ok, we all luv you, so cheer up, please? >_<

WOW! Your art is soooo preety. I luvs. and cheer up! i may not know you and havent been in this thread before, but you seem unhappy. :3