Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

Ohlawd, that is adorable <3

I'm getting paid on Tuesday (yay!) so I'll be donating hopefully around $50. It's not much, but it's all my tiny teenage wage can afford. :\

Gwah! So cute! *huggle-snuggle-glomps it*

In other news....my parents and I stumbled across a documentary on Animal Planet tonight during dinner that made me literally cry. The documentary is called The Cove and it's all about the massive slaughter of dolphins that goes on every day in Taiji, Japan. I welcome you all to learn more about what's going on, check out the movie, learn even more, and/or to donate.

I don't mean to draw attention away from the tragedy in Pakistan, but this documentary really affected me and I want to help. smile.gif I figured all you other kind souls would be just as interested.

...slowpoke.jpg >_> you are about a year late. That documentary caused quite the stir when it was first published. As far as I know, there is no news yet on if the practice has been put to a stop.

Just a note of warning, be careful what you're donating to. Try to figure out what they're going to do with the money before you submit it. I looked around the donation website - other than the films they're making (which they DO make profit from), they don't mention what they've done or are doing to help ocean animals.

Okay. Donated $15 to Red Cross and would like to donate $15 to DWB. I have a question first, though.

However, if you prefer to provide a donation specifically to our Pakistan emergency relief operations, you may do so by notifying us at donations@newyork.msf.org or by calling 1-888-392-0392.

Thank you very much for your generosity.

Do I e-mail them and let them know before donating or what?

I'd like to donate more, but I just can't afford it at this time. It makes me so happy to come on here and see how many other people have donated and how much they've donated. ^^

That little guy is soo cute, Roon. I only hang out here, though, and it won't fit in my sig currently (I'm pretty sure it won't, anyway). Would you mind if I re-sized it for my sig? :3

Okay. Donated $15 to Red Cross and would like to donate $15 to DWB. I have a question first, though.

Do I e-mail them and let them know before donating or what?

E-mail them after donating with the details. Here is the pertinent portion of what they sent me after I got impatient and called them:

IN ORDER TO RESTRICT AN ONLINE DONATION you must send an email to

donations@newyork.msf.org after your transaction is complete. In your

email, please tell us to which country or program you would like the funds

directed. Please include your name, full address, and the amount of your

donation so that we can locate your record.

That should do it.

Also, the Red Cross dragon is made of KYUUTE, Roon. I love eet.

E-mail them after donating with the details. Here is the pertinent portion of what they sent me after I got impatient and called them:

That should do it.

Ah, thank you.

I can't seem to donate, though, because it says my address doesn't match up with my zip code. =\ I checked and re-checked several times and they're definitely correct. I'm guessing it wants my parent's address, but as I'm not there, I hate giving that out.

Yurp, that was it. DWB just ticked me off, but I understand the reasoning and will look past that annoyance in favor of finally having donated money towards Pakistan.

Thanks for bringing attention to this Roon. ^^

First off, Roon, I love your dragon art. And I'll be posting the red cross dragon to my DA journal soon. Also, I donated $20.00 to the Red Cross foundation. Thanks for using your creativity to help remind people to chip in and lend a helping hand.

Posted the Red Cross baby on a few forums. smile.gif And got my husband to donate a couple grand, too. I'll be finding people to donate!

D'aww, the Red Cross looks creepy, and yet adorable. :3

I can't donate right now, because I'm literally running on few bucks on my bank account until September. :|

thanks a lot you guys for all the effort! <3 you're all extremely awesome people and I am glad to have met you all.

@ Lightbird - mom said he was creepy too >_> I tried for extremely chibi but something went wrong I guess D:

and /highfive! I'm broke too! 8D

...slowpoke.jpg >_> you are about a year late. That documentary caused quite the stir when it was first published. As far as I know, there is no news yet on if the practice has been put to a stop.

Just a note of warning, be careful what you're donating to. Try to figure out what they're going to do with the money before you submit it. I looked around the donation website - other than the films they're making (which they DO make profit from), they don't mention what they've done or are doing to help ocean animals.

Yeah, I found out about it a year or so ago, but Japan said that they'd stopped. The documentary that was shown for the first time yesterday since that first news release proved that Taiji was still doing all that craziness cause they caught the slaughter on hidden cameras.

Yikes, thanks for the warning! I'll be sure to do some research. :3

Edited by aynessa

There are many many problems with wildlife preservation world wide. The dolphin thing is far from the most horrific of them.

The lineart for sunset is done! It's kinda serious and less cute D: I'm trying out a new style. It'll look closer to the Skywing than anything else.

@ Kira - thank you <3

There are many many problems with wildlife preservation world wide. The dolphin thing is far from the most horrific of them.

The lineart for sunset is done! It's kinda serious and less cute D: I'm trying out a new style. It'll look closer to the Skywing than anything else.

@ Kira - thank you <3

I know that. tongue.gif I've contributed to other wildlife preservation campaigns in the past.

Can't wait to see the sunset dragon!! laugh.gif The skywing was absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure the sunset will be just as amazingly beautiful! <3

Heh. Roon, it turned out my friend had wanted to do something about the Pakistan cause as well, so we teamed up and started an awareness campaign. Our school got wind of this and donated $500 to the Pakistan Red Cross cause. Thanks for the idea. ;D

Edited by Darkshadow

@ Kira - thank you <3

Did you know that the dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico have a rare way of hunting for fish and scientists were hoping other dolphins would learn from them but now they are gone.