RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

Merleawe sighed with relief as the dragon gave up and flew away. He'd been far too large for her for her to have really fought with, so all she'd been able to do were delaying tactics before fleeing. And now that she had successfully fled, she flew back towards the camp, hoping to find that they hadn't left yet. She fears were unfounded as the majority of the group was gathered as she set down with the woman still clamped in her hand.

"Yeah, who knows what trouble found them." Njoine nodded to Kiro as she agreed with him. She needed to check on her cubs and Alessa. She'd wait to call Lydon until she was certian he wasn't at the camp anymore. Before she made any movement toward camp, Njoine assessed herself for injuries and was pleased that she didn't find anything too badly damaged. "When we get back top camp, would you mind looking at my back if Alessa or Lydon aren't there? I don't think it was hurt to bad, since that dragon wasn't too large. At the very least I don't think I broke anything, but having one on top of you tends to hurt and I can't look at my own back well."

---

Lydon stilled when he felt Crystal's head fall ton his shoulder. He offered a small smile to the top of her head and settled in for a wait. He didn't have any confidence in the words he'd offered Crystal, but he offered prayers to the gods he was right. He knew that at the very least most of the group would be fine. "You think I was right to tell her that, Artorious? 'Cause knowing Njoine, she's probably got hurt and won't admit it."

---

Alessa hummed as she sat down to wait.one hand trailed through Setheiry's hair. while the other twirled the needle that would wake the girl or serve to defend them. Alessa whispered comfort to Setheiry while she waited, even after Njoine's second cub retured. Alessa offered Mel a smile and gestured for her to take a rope for her captive. Alessa then went back to waiting on Njoine and Kiro, but kept up her guarding of Setheiry. "Don't worry, Setheiry. The Hatter will protect you until your Tinman can. Or should the Hatter say your Ezio? Either way, the Hatter will guard."

The dark dragon looked down at him. Blinking he spoke softly, as not to wake his rider. "I do not know, but Njoine also has Kiro to help, so she is not alone and will be less likely to get hurt. Besides, this way Crystal will have peace of mind for a little while longer, and only have to worry for the time she should."

--

Setheriy didn't reply, being to comfortable in the dream world she had fallen into.

Kiro nodded to Njoine, before shifting to his full wolf form and trotting off towards camp. Once there he took in what was happening. Mel had captured Alex and was given a rope to tie her. Alessa was with Seth who was asleep, he assumed from the needle that is was an acupunture rest. He nodded and grabbed the rope beginning to tie up thier prisoner. She was good with fire so he took a moment to remember and cast a spell on the rope to keep it fireproof. He had been taught a few spells for his work, but only the needed ones.

Rawver arrived at the mansion in a rage. The white fox came out to greet him but soon realized he was in the wrong mood. She shifted to her fox form and cowered in a corner until his fit was over. A few slaves lay dead on the floor and he finally sighed and shifted to his human form. She slowly crept along the floor to his feet and cautiously rubbed against his leg like a cat. He looked down and then picked her up. He pet her and let out a ragged breath. "They have her." She knew he was talking about Alex and she let out a whimper for her friend. "Has her dragon returned?" She shook her head. "Try and make contact with them. If you get anything let me know." He said as he set her down. The fox then trotted out to the courtyard and sat on a bench. She consentrated on finding Alex. She saw an open field and knew that Alex was unconcious. She walked along and finally saw a dragon in the distance. She bounded along until she realised that they were not alone. She cautiously approached but stayed hidden in the grasses. This was a dream world and she couldn't risk having the wrong people see her.

((What should I post? Oh, and how was everyones Christmas? We got a PS3!!))

((Nice, and Mel landed with the group, anyone going to notice her?))

((Most of my charries are unconscious, and those that aren't are away from that group. Or did Mel land over with Crystal, Altair, Artorius, and Lydon?))

In the 'dream world', Ezio began hurting and fading, before disappearing all together. The dragoness did the same, and this left the two females alone. With nothing to discuss with each other, and no will or desire to converse anyway, the two went off to explore. Setheiry heading towards the forest, and Alex going further into the grass.

The fire elemental noticed a white furry creature and headed towards it, recognizing the fox almost instantly. "And what might bring you here?" she asked.

--

Setheiry halted at the edge of a pool, reflecting the world in it's waters. She pulled her boots off and dipped her feet in, just enjoying the cool waters and the fact that she was safe and painless.

--

Ezio groaned rolled onto his back, sighing as he saw nothing. Meaning the cave opening wasn't close enough to let light in this deep. He tried to feel where the air was coming in from, but there were simply to many drafts to pinpoint exactly where it was. Apparently the cave was full of other tunnels, and the opening must have been up a slope. This was a nightmare.

Not to mention the loud noise the she-dragon behind him made. He jumped up and spun around to see two purple eyes glinting back at him. She made no move to do anything though, seeing as they were stuck together, and both to worn out to fight.

((Jaina- Alessa tossed her some rope for Alex, but i think Kiro beat her to it.

Shadow- That's awesomeness. I got to see my oldest goddaughter and finally got my divorce papers. All in all it was pretty good.))

((ah thanks, I didn't see that. *feels stupid* we're cleaning for the new years party tomorrow.))

Merleawe nodded in thanks as her prisoner was taken care of for her. She moved off to where her her stuff was, her body rapidly shifting back into its normal form. by the time she'd pulled a sweater out, she was human again, and completely naked. She quickly pulled on the sweater and then underwear and pants before she collapsed in exhaustion. Her breathing was heavy as she considered how things were, she'd had her butt handed to her by a dragon, her body was aching all over from the shift, and she now just wanted to sleep.

((Congrats Miji. Happy new year everyone!))

Vuelasor hissed at the Dracona stuck with her. She twisted her wing in a way it shouldn't go, so it would be rather hard for her to fly. The human surprised her though. He didn't attack or run, he actually nodded and addressed her.

"Dragon." Ezio figured it'd be better to have her not be angry and want to eat him. So he hoped to make nice for the moment. Vuelasor could see it his way, if they were to get out, they'd have to help each other. Great.

"Human."

--

After what seemed like an hour the vampire assassin jumped from his perch and rolled to break the fall. He checked on Crystal and Lydon before putting the black dragon on guard duty. He then found a comfortable position up against a tree, and nodded off.

Crystal awoke when she felt Artoious move. She watched sleepily as he traded places with the vampire, who took his place under a tree to rest. She smiled and looked up at Lydon. She frowned again before looking down at the ground. "I'm sorry I've gotten you into this. I should be more careful."

---------------

Kiro finished with Alex and began getting ready to move on again. He kept eyeing Njoine to be sure she was all right. She was his right hand if anything were to go wrong. She would be taking over and leading the group to safety.

---------------

The fox grinned at her friend. "Well, master Rawver wasn't able to get you back and he came back to the mansion in a rage. We lost about four slaves in his fit. He wanted me to check up on you to be sure you were ok. I suppose your dragon has woken up since she is gone now. But she didn't return to the mansion either." She looked around cautiously. "I will report to the master that you are allright, but you need to return with your dragon as soon as you can. Before we lose anyone else to his rages." She then rubbed against her like a cat before disapearing in a cheshire manner. She loved how she could do that in dreams. She giggled as she bounded from the courtyard and headed for Rawver's quarters.

Njoine had gone straight to Alessa upon returning to camp, so her younger friend could examine her back. Once Alessa had assessed that Njoine had escaped breaking anything, the equine shifter had set about tending the bruises covering the feline's back. Njoine lifted her head from where she and Alessa had huddled to talk, informing each other of the latest on goings. Eyes settling on Kiro, Njoine offered the wolf a smile. "We'll be ready to move when you are, Sir Kiro. Zanipolo should be able to get a general location from Lydon's cell phone. From there you and I should be able to sniff them out. We'll let Setheiry and Mel sleep while we move, if you don't mind. Alessa says she doesn't mind haling them on her little make-shift carriage after we've located Lady Crystal."

---

"Ah, don't be sorry." Lydon gave Crystal a small laugh. Using one hand he sent a message to Njoine telling her he and Crystal were safe. Turning his attention back to Crystal, Lydon grinned at a thought as to distract her from things. "Besides you didn't drag me into anything I didn't jump at a chance to do.That does remind me, did I ever tell you why I was still with Njoine when you guys found us?"

Alex chuckled at the fox.

"Only four? Well he apparently needs me more than I had thought." She muttered, watching the white tail fade away. The young girl then turned to see the sun turning blood red and setting over the horizon. The breeze picked up and blew her black hair to the side, as well as her white dress. She put up a hand to block the wind as it picked up. It got worse, and she simply blew away to wake up with her hands tied in fireproofed rope. She glared at Kiro, and hissed. Her dark eyes emotionless as always.

"Damn it let me go wolf!" She spat, regretting calling him a wolf instead of a Dracona almost instantly. The word brought back memories, and names, both she didn't want to remember.

--

Ezio kicked a rock as he paced, trying to figure something out. The silver-white dragon watched him with tired eyes.

"Human, you've been at this for hours it seems. Sit, rest, regain strength and rest your mind." She said simply. Ezio nodded, she had a point, but he still couldn't stop. He had to make sure Seth was okay. He had to, not only would Altair never forgive him, but he couldn't stand it. Finally, Vuelasor wrapped her tail around his ankle and made him stop moving.

"I said to rest. Then you can pace with more meaning." Her eyes told him not to argue, so he didn't, he took her advice.

Sitting down, he sighed and zoned out, thinking of everything and anything having to do with being stuck in caves. Vuelasor simply watched him and practiced her fire breathing.

Njoine offered the fox a hiss of her own. She wasn't sure why Kiro kept the girl alive. Njoine felt it would be better to destroy her father's childe before she could do the group more harm then she already had. "Be mindful of that tongue of yours, Fox. Some of us will not feel troubled if the need arises to remove it. I am curious as to why you reeked of my father. He usually kills his toys rather then turning them."

Kiro rolled his eyes at the fox and ignored her. He then chuckled a bit at Njoine's words of relieving Alex of her tounge. He then walked up to Alessa. He leaned in close, "I have a request that needs to be kept quiet while out guest is near. Can you contact Lydon and let him know that we will be traveling separatly from them. I don't want to risk having the traitor to close to Crystal." He spoke in a whisper.

----------------------

Crystal smiled, "No you never did." She was intriguid by his question. Why had he still been with her? What was the reasoning behind it? She looked around checking on the assasin and dragon. She smiled, knowing she had made the right choice in allowing the assasin to stay with them. Her attention returned back to Lydon waiting for his words.

-------------------------

The white fox bounded into the chambers where Rawver sat staring at a wall. Two more slaves lay dead on the floor and one was cowering in the corner. The fox inched up to him cautiously. "I have made contact sir." She said as her body went to that of the little girl. He looked at her and nodded. "So she is still alive. Good for us that Sir Kiro still has a sense of honor. He still follows his old knightly code then." The shifter tilted her head in confusion. She didn't know this Kiro he spoke of but he apparently had her friend. "When do we go after her?" She asked. Rawver smiled. "When the time is right. At this point we may be able to take advantage of her being on the inside again." He smiled wickedly as he leaned back and the girl sat at his feet leaning her head against his leg. She worried for her friend but she trusted him so she would wait.

Alessa gave a smile worthy of her self-proclaimed title and nodded to Kiro. She raised a hand, pressing a single finger to her lips, to show her understanding. "The Hatter understands. She will tell the Grin of what you want. You need not worry."

Slipping of to the side of the camp, claiming she wished a moment to fill her canteen, Alessa sent Lydon a text message. Unsure why her Zani opposed a phone call, but unwilling to protest. It took Alessa a few moments to word out the text to Lydon, informing him of their change in plans. She warned him to keep himself and Crystal safe, simply stating: Njoine would tan his hind-end if he was hurt unnecessarily. After finishing her texts, Alessa set about refilling her canteen and getting back into the camp.

Flitting back to Kiro's side, Alessa smiled up at the wolf and offered him water from the canteen. "The Hatter did as she was told. Would the Timely Rabbit like some of the Hatter's water?"

----

"Ah. Well, Njoine allowed me to attend school once I turned 13, so I could become accustomed to human society. I was in my last year of high school when she felt the need to wander again. She offered me a choice. I could stay and remain a human in a human world or I could be a human in a world that was not my own. She can be dramatic sometimes." Lydon offered Crystal a mischievous grin before he heard his phone playing his message tone. He flushed before asking crystal to hand it to him from where he'd attached it to her on Artorious's back.

Alex snorted and glared at them equally. "I'll hold my words when I have none left to insult you with, Vampire." She spat in return. "Your coward of a father probably didn't want to face The Master had I been killed." She sneered, trying her hardest to get on Njoine's nerves. Alex wriggled around before finding her fire didn't work and sitting still. She looked at the ground, unable to meet her captors gaze. How could SHE get captured? Growling under her breath she figured she might as well make the best out of it. Turn the tides to her liking.

Rather then show become angry, Njoine let out a laugh. It had been a long time since insulting her father had bothered her. Even longer since an insult to her own person had done so either. Clearly the young woman knew next to nothing of herself, which meant the Rebels probably paid Njoine very little mind. Deciding truth would be a better insult to the fox then lie, Njoine decided to use what little she knew of vampire clan dynamics to her advantage.

"You are right I should let you have your insults. I mean, we do have the same vampire father, now. Of course, that simply means eventually he'll seek to kill you as he did my mother and the others of our clan. To think you so diligently follow in his footsteps, being the second of the Sakimi clan to serve the Rebels." Her mouth twisted into a cruel grin as she stared at Alex. While she was indifferent to the fox's existence., Njoine felt an insistent need to show Alex what she thought of the girl. "I've changed my mind, let me hear what insults you bear. I may decide you should keep your tongue. It wags so delightfully. I wonder what your master would trade for you, seeing as you're precious enough to keep my father from killing you. Maybe if you insult our family more I'll know, so please carry on, sister of my blood."

((I realized while I was typing this that I don't know how the vampires work in this RP. except that Njoine is only half and was born that way. dry.gif))

Edited by Mijikoi

Alex scoffed. She got the information she wanted though, Njoine didn't like her father, she hated him. And hate has a funny way of bringing waht you hate into yourself and making it a part of you. "I'm surprised you of all people would want voice that. At least it doesn't pain me who's venom is under my skin. You'd do anything to destroy him, to rid yourself of it." Alex said, a grin on her features, and her near-black eyes twisted and mocking. "Once you do rid him from this world, will it make the venom change? Will it bring back your family? Then again, are you really able to kill him? Doing so would make you like him, a murderer. Oh how I wait for the day you look in a mirror and see him in your eyes." She said.

Njoine's claws dug into her palm, causing her a flash of pain to battle her anger. It took her a few moments to scramble a reply to Alex's last statement. She was unable to stop the sneer at the other shifter to hide her anger, but felt that there was little need to hide what was obvious. "Since I am as insignificant as you are in the grand of things, I see no harm in telling you of myself. I care not who knows of me and knowing of me will not help you fight against those who will most likely forget me given a century or less.

"So, I will admit something to you, Foxxy, being as we're sisters. I am well aware that I am a murderer. I've killed my fair share, most on your side who felt that the human I watched over was fair game. Before that, when I was new to being alone, I did as my father did. There were quite a few humans drained to sate my thirst. I suppose that means you're right. I deserve death as much as he does, but no I would not ride myself of his venom. He was my papa once, though he will never be again." Turning to look at Alessa who offered her a sad smile, Njoine paused and contemplated her next words. She walked over to the packs to snag a blood packet Alessa had brought. Without any hesitation, Njoine tore off a corner and drained the bag. Njoine turned back to look at Alex again, her grin taking on a self-deprecating edge. "It also means I have no need to seek out a mirror knowing I will see my father's eyes. I have them. In color, in shape and the knowledge that the one that holds them deserves to die. However, I don't need to go so far to see a murder baring his vemon, do I? You're here, after all. "

Alex shrugged, feeling nothing inferior from her words. "Ah, so you admit to being like him. I see you have no qualms about it too. Besides your pet you seem to dislike other humans. Perhaps you'll see our way soon. Besides, if you do change sides, your young human might actually survive this. He's on Rawver's list you know, sister." She said with a hiss, unable to hold back a small chuckle. Njoine wasn't angering her, but it was annoying how she couldn't get the vampire to crack. Alex could think of one other thing that might work, she'd test her theory when she got free.

I'll be waiting until your guard is down... then you won't have to worry about your young child anymore Njoine. Her eyes seemed to say. The fire fox turned to look at Alessa and then at the others around her. One girl looked familiar, but not exactly. She reminded her of someone, but she couldn't place it. She couldn't find one who had been in the fight. "Was he a coward? Is that why the elemental isn't here, Vuelasor scare him off?" she laughed at the thought of seeing him running from the silver dragoness.

Njoine's body went completely rigid at the of her friend. It was a chore not to hiss and strike out at the girl, but it was something she managed with grinding teeth. Instead she settled for examining Alex, taking in the nuances that shaped the fox's face and memorizing the scent Alex carried. "Hm. That's too true, but then I'm sure my reason for hating them is similar to yours. It's the same as my fathers, anyway. Has to do with that leopard pelt he carries around. However, that's neither here nor there. I wonder what the humans did to you? Kill a mother or father? No, I'd bet it was a lover or someone close enough to that?

"Was it a Dracona that killed them?" Njoine's gave Alex the grin that had earned her the name Cheshire Cat. Njoine stepped smoothly up to Alex, until she was able to lean over fox-shifter. Her hair fell about the two as she continued whispering in the woman's ear to keep Alessa from hearing her. "I bet it would have been a lovely sight if they were like you. Doesn't much matter to me. All of you Rebels are much the same anyway, but I do wonder. Do you think they would have tasted sweet? Or would they have left behind a bitter taste?"

((Yay! Njoine's is so most likely going to not win this....>.>))

Alex snarled at the mention of her parents. "You know nothing." she said, her voice laced with acid. "But I will tell you." She said, her teeth still showing, but only slightly less aggressive. "My parent's were rebel's because their parents were, and their parents were. My family have been Rebel's since the beginning of the war." She said, a touch of anger in her voice. "I am who I am because I don't have another choice. I was born this way, it's in my blood and I can't fight it." She let her gaze fall to the ground, anger and hatred burning in her eyes. She tightened her fists in rage and a little flame formed, but didn't burn the rope due to Kiro's spell. She looked back up at the vampire. "I hate humans because they ruin the world." Her eyes lost their furious look, but didn't soften. "It's my choice at least." She added. After a moment's silence she smirked. "I hope Veulasor didn't eat your friend yet. I was hoping for a bite too." She turned the spotlight off her and put it back on Njoine.

----

Vuelasor walked next to the elemental, creating a light source for them both. Who would have thought, a Dracona and a Rebel working together. It was insanity, but right now, both just wanted to get out. They couldn't go through the way they'd fallen, for it seemed to have collapsed. So instead they headed through an old tunnel that may have been used at one time for something. Ezio felt a slight draft, slight but existent. He gestured for her to wait and headed into a tunnel leading off the main one. He walked down until he could see a small glimmer of light from up ahead. Running back to the dragoness he nodded to her. "There was some light up ahead, I think it's our way out or a million and one diamonds." he said. Veulasor walked past him and headed down the tunnel. It started getting tighter for her, and she figured going any further would get her stuck.

"Human. I can't go any farther." She said simply. Ezio groaned and sighed. "First of all, I am not a human. And secondly, we can try continuing down the main tunnel. If we don't find any other way out..." He left the words unsaid, hoping to avoid anything having to do with them. The silver dragon agreed and backed up till she could turn around. Then the two resumed their search for a way out.

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

"Ezio can fend for himself. He out of all of us has something to fight for and return to." Her comment was pulled out of her as she scrutinized the fox shifter. Alex's words made Njoine's own anger dissipated and was replaced by an old sadness. She knew well the feeling of not being able to change who or what you were. She'd never trust the fox and she'd never care for her, but Njoine could not stop the bubbling sense of likeness she held for the other vampire-shifter. "I can not fault an opinion I agree with. Humans are not worth the space they occupy, never-the-less, I would defend them unto my dying breathe. Which means I'll show you the same sympathy I'd show myself. If you appear to attack my prowl, I'll end you fox. Sister of blood or not, since we are so much alike I don't believe it'd cause me to lose any sleep.

Hn. I do find it strange that the person I'd find the most likeness to would be my enemy. Shame you share his blood now. That's something that I'd not have wished on any of my enemies. Though, I admit my father has a remarkable talent for creating children that are just like him." Njoine straightened and walked to the edge of the camp to hide suspiciously bright eyes. A slew of Italian passed between her and Alessa, causing the younger to withdraw her needles and eye Alex warily. After that Njoine darted off into the foliage saying that both she and Alex would need blood as the fox would be useless dead. She ran for quite a while until her knees gave out and she collapsed in tears by a river. Alex had been right that one day she'd see her father in her reflection. The fox just hadn't known that the event had occurred centuries ago.

((*pokes Njoine* She's feeling dramatic.))