RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

((I wanna play the Alice games!! They look so cool!! The Hidden World is a forum I made, there's a link in my siggy.))

Ezio chuckled. "Yes." He replied. Ezio turned to where Alessa had told him to go and frowned at her words. How was Setheiry upset? He hoped it wasn't his doing.

He looked up and smiled at the madwoman before heading off.

The air elemental made his way through the forest and quieted his foot steps as he heard someone up ahead. The assassin peeked around a tree to see Setheiry sitting on the ground, her arms crossed.

He silently sat behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She jumped and turned to look at him. "Hey." He said. "Hi." She replied, smiling. "You alright?" He asked.

Setheiry nodded, she was, but she was simply confused. Everything happened fast, and she realized that the closer she got to Ezio, the further she was from Altair, her master, her father.

Ezio raised an eyebrow, not believing the look in her eyes. Setheiry offered a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes and then she frowned, seeing the look in his eyes. She shook her head and leaned into him, letting him hold her gently.

((I'm going to quote Alessa now. "...The Hatter must see to her tea and biscuits."))

Alessa snickered as Ezio disappeared into the foliage. "Zani, what should the Hatter do now? She is bored. The Cheshire is kept to her fun with the Rabbit, the Grin is with his desired, Alice; Dormouse has gone after the Setheiry, and the Bad wolf is asleep. Baldo has wandered off, while Tinman and the Toto the dragon are with Alice and the Grin."

Alessa ticked her fingers off counting each person in the group she had met, including Alex. With a huff she swung her legs and listened to Zani. Hardly my fault you let your only bits of entertainment wander off or fall asleep. Why don't you call Zia and Zio? I'm certain they would love to hear that we're alright and that Njoine banged up her back again.

"Alessa will do so tomorrow, Zani. For now, Let's play Uno." Alessa was the only one to hear Zanipolo groan in pain at the sight of the deck of Uno cards.

Edited by Mijikoi

((I'm gonna have Ez and Seth somehow end up in the city where Jess is. Spice things up.))

After a minute or so of talking the two assassins got up and wandered. Setheiry shifted into her panther form and glanced up at Ezio to see what he thought. He smiled and chuckled at her.

She swiped at his feet and ran off a little ways, her tail moving back and forth playfully. She then ran back over and swiped his feet again, taking off once more.

Ezio chased her a little ways, but then she started chasing him. He used the air currents to launch himself higher into the air and then landed. He looked around for her, and was attacked from behind.

He laughed and rolled onto his back as she laid down on his chest. She smiled and then shifted back into a human, her grin still visible. She gazed into his hazel eyes and sighed in content. The two sat that way for a moment, just staring at each other. Then Setheiry kissed his cheek and bounded off.

Ezio got up and went after her, the two ended up racing through the forests. Seth as a panther, and Ezio using the wind. They saw a city up ahead and grinned, glancing at each other. Free-running sounded fun.

As they came out of the trees, they didn't notice the hill that sloped downward before leveling out to reveal pavement. Setheiry stumbled and rolled down the grass to land on her back, fur sticking up everywhere. Ezio ended up doing the same, but he managed to catch himself and land on his butt next to her. The two assassin's burst into laughter then.

The girl shifted again and Ezio pulled her to her feet, still chuckling. She smiled and hugged him, walking into the city together.

((They're wherever you want them to be in the city Jess. I don't even care if you make them 'walk' (aka free-run) down to Papa John's to eat.))

A slice of half eaten pizza hung in Jess's mouth as she chewed it slowly, she was disappointed that this was the best that Papa John's had on offer for her at the moment but then again she had came later than usual and the street cats had beaten to the better food already. Wolfing down the rest of the pizza before it fell from her mouth she saw that there was really nothing else that floated her boat, she sighed as she heard the back door open and a man walked out with a brush looking at her in the face. She took her chances and trotted off down another alley way, she knew what the man wanted and she didn't want to cause a scene as it had taken her forever to build up trust with the people of the takeaway and she wasn't just about to ruin it over some crummy old food.

Ezio jumped off of the small building and partly slowed his decent so as not to injure himself. Once his feet touched pavement, he kept on going, looking over his shoulders for the panther-shifter. He wasn't looking where he was going, but when he did check he quickly jumped over the stray dog, tumbling to the ground on the other side of the creature.

Setheiry appeared a moment later and laughed. "Way to stick the landing." She giggled at the assassin lying on his back. "chiudere l'inferno su..." He muttered, his voice strained. This only made the girl laugh again.

Then she remembered the wolf and smiled kindly. "Apologies, he's not exactly graceful." She commented, earning another curse from the Italian. The female then realized this wolf smelled slightly familiar. Not exactly, but there was something that reminded her of Crystal... "Excuse me for asking, but are you a shifter?" She said, not thinking it was crazy to talk to animals.

A lot of times they would reply, maybe not in human tongue, but enough to understand.

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

"Mother of mercy!"

Jess thought as some yolk came out of nowhere falling straight over her, she growled turning to look at the man who started to speak in another language.

"Perfect, bloody tourists!"

She snarled to herself but then another girl appeared saying she was sorry about the other man but then put a question to her that made her stop dead in her tracks, she looked back at the two uncertain as to how to answer. Mabye these guys knew where the others were or they could be ones that were out to get her type. O well, she wouldn never know if she didn't say anything.

"At least, people who aren't nose-dead!"

She exclaimed with a bark.

((I feel all mushy inside from reading old posts. I must admit, I miss Raktagh and Gilderox... And Aro and Isabel and Ekueme....and yeah everyone.))

Setheiry scoffed at her comment, but ignored it otherwise. She was smiling though, her arms crossed as she watched the other assassin stand. "I'd agree. Although I have to know one other thing before engaging you." Setheiry's russet eyes hardened at the prospect that this may be a Rebel.

At the thought of the Rebels, her stomach flipped. Altair had been a Rebel. It didn't matter if it was by choice or not, the fact was that he had been a Rebel, and she didn't like that idea.

Had her mother been a Rebel? Was her whole blood-line Rebel's?

She gagged at the idea, but pushed her personal issues aside for the moment. "Dracona or Rebel?" She asked.

Ezio stood up beside her and glanced from one female to the other, his hazel gaze mirroring Seth's. He shifted his stance to one that he could easily move from if he had to.

Jess's smile curled back revealing her fangs but she didn't mean it in a bad way, she shut her eyes for a moment letting her human form take shape as she reared back onto her hind legs. Opening them again she was in her human form, her clothes had seen better days but then again so had she with a long rip in one arm of the shirt where she had broken her arm or wing as it had been at the time.

"Ah, better. By jolly I've missed having thumbs"

She joked easily moving both her thumbs with great pleasure before becoming more serious staring at the male and female now.

"Dracona for I myself am a dragon shifter...not full blooded but part, you can see a were-wolf got to me. The name's Jess, and you two would be?"

She asked holding out a hand to shake to each of them if they said their names or not.

Ezio chuckled and shook her hand. "Ezio Auditore. Pure air elemental." He said. Setheiry grinned. "Yes I know!" Setheiry said. The girl shook her hand, her grin still showing. "I'm Setheiry, panther-sifter." She then elbowed Ezio and he raised an eyebrow. "Oh, right. Yes we're Dracona Rosella as well. Assassin's too." He said. Ezio then looked back at the direction they came from, the direction the forest was in. "If you're a Dragon-shifter, I would guess you're looking for your kin, Crystal. Am I right?" He asked.

She nodded to them each in turn and was impressed when Eizo said that they were Assassin's, very dangerous people in other words, she made note to behave around such people and also to learn from them if ever she got the chance. It pleased her to be in the company of another shape shifter, even more so that it was a panther, unquie creatures they were in her eyes. She nodded once more as Ezio pointed out that she may be looking for Crystal and her kin.

"Already you know me too well amigo's! Yes, I worry for her safety as her cousin I should. Tell me, have you heard word of how they are?"

She asked looking concerned as she said this, she was angry with herself for getting so badly injured when she did but at least it had given time for the rest of them to continue on with their journey. She would have only held them back anyway.

Ezio smirked and chuckled. He glanced at Setheiry and the girl joined him. She shifted into a Panther trotting back towards the forest. "Would you like to find out?" He asked, gesturing for her to follow her. "I'll fill you in on the way there." He offered.

(9Short post is short... sleep.gif ))

Jess grined.

"Of course"

She followed after the panther in her own wolf form, she had become attached to traveling like this since the accident and hadn't shifted into her dragon form in quite a while but that was more for safety than anything else.

"Thank you, I'm so sick of these damn humans right now. Some are nice but meh, the amount of times I would have loved to have taken a chunk outta them is unreal!"

She joked followed after the sleek black cat in front of her, she looked at Ezio who wasn't shifting, so he wasn't a shape shifter but could control the air. A real handy thing that could be of massive use in the air, she wanted to ask about their work as Assassin's but thought better to get to know them more before she asked such questions.

Ezio shrugged and walked on, watching Setheiry in front of him. She really was beautiful, and not just as a panther. He was slowly drifting into a daydream when he remember Jess.

"We were attacked recently by a female fox-shifter, and her dragon. Know them?" He asked. Instead of waiting for a reply he simply continued filling her in. "I ended up getting lost in a cave with the dragon, and she actually didn't eat me, and I felt the need to let her go. Besides we were both injured and it wouldn't have been fair." Something off in the trees caught his attention for a moment.

He watched the owl fly away before returning to speaking. "We captured the fox-shifter and Crystal, Artorious, Lydon and Altair moved to a safe spot away from the original place we camped. I don't even know where they are." He explained. "Altair is Setheiry's master. Another assassin. That's about all you really need to know." He finished.

Setheiry glanced behind her tail at the she-wolf. "All he knows actually. He was stuck in a cave with a Rebel dragon for the aftermath." She looked up at Ezio as she spoke before looking ahead again to see they were fairly close to the camp.

"Well, he got the important things, I don't know what you don't know. We only recently joined this crazy band."

"Looks like we are all in the same boat then"

Jess said keeping pace with them both, the city was far behind them by now and she was very grateful to smell the wild again. The smell of the city was getting to her and now the smell of nature was returning to her, she had a sudden burst of energy where she wanted to run and jump til she couldn't no more but had to hold herself back. These people were serious and she needed to act serious around them too, she didn't want to look like some kid compared to these lot.

"I only realised my bloodline a short while ago, everything is still so new to me...even this war going on. Crystal and I are like long lost cousins, me and her used to hang out a lot when we were young but then she disappeared one day..."

She trailed off remembering the days they spent combing the land, hoping that she was still alive and searching for some sign of hope.

Alessa sung to herself, reciting one of Njoine's lullaby in Italian. In her mind she could hear her Zani humming along to help her maintain a tune. The idea that she'd given away her position was of no consequence to her. The tune was a haunting one Njoine had written to calm her little ones when they worked out that they would never see their families again. It was also, Alessa's favorite song of the lot that Njoine had collected over the years and the only tune the mad young woman had bothered to learn. "I tuoi cari non ci sono più ora, il mio piccolo. Quindi, chiedo a voi di ricordare, io sono qui e ti amerò al loro posto. Ti amerò al loro posto, il mio piccolo. Per sempre io sono qui."

(("Your dear ones are gone now, my little one. So, I ask to you to remember, I am here and I will love you in their place. I will love you in their place, my little one. For always am I here." - That's the translation to the phrase Alessa is singing, in case you were wondering.

((I just thought of something. Seth is a mountain lion/cougar/puma-shifter. It's the same thing. Anyway, my point, is that she's actually reddish-brown with a black tail tip. My mistake...not panther... We live out on a lot of land and we think there's a cougar out here. We call it a panther so...you could see me accident. Sorry!))

Ezio nodded and then noticed Setheiry slightly shift her pace. It wasn't all that noticeable, but he knew how to notice these things. The lion glanced back at him and he smiled slightly, knowing what she was thinking. Russet eyes smiled and she took off into the forest. She had been wanting to hunt in this form to see if she could do it right. "I only realized my bloodline a short while ago, everything is still so new to me...even this war going on. Crystal and I are like long lost cousins, me and her used to hang out a lot when we were young but then she disappeared one day..." Jess said. Ezio listened to her, his eyes still trying to find the shadow of Setheiry moving through the trees. "Well, the past is the past. Let's see what we can do now." He said, not knowing if that would make sense or not.

They then came upon the small camp and Ezio noticed the fox was awake. Alex hissed at him and flipped her tail back and forth. "Insults and petty words will get you nowhere." he replied. Alex growled. "Yes but they will still upset most who can understand. Look, you brought a ragged old wolf with you, Assassin. I bet she could hold her own a fight oh yes." She hissed, sarcasm running through her words.

Setheiry had managed to scare off two rabbits, and get the feathers of an owl stuck in her mouth. So far she hadn't come across anything of decent size, and she was thinking about giving up. The shifter sat on her haunches and sighed, taking a drink from a stream as she wondered why this was so difficult.

((Njoine could give Seth lessons?))

Jess sorta understood what Ezio gad meant when he had spoken to her continuing on their path, she was suddenly in a cap where two others were. Seemed like they were or had been fighting till one of them addressed Ezio saying he had brought back an old wolf and that she couldn't hold her own in a fight, thisgirl was taking the Mick outta her real bad but Jess wasn't one for taking it on the chin!

"who you calling old, granny?"

She growled over in the girl's direction bristling the hairs on her body so that they now stood uptight, ok so she was on the rough side looking at the moment bur a few decent meals would sort that out in time or she hoped at least

Alex laughed, a cold hard sound. "Granny? Bravo, now that is a bad counter. I happen to be only eighteen you pile of scraps." The fox shifter snorted and blew smoke out of her nostrils. She then let a jet of flame out towards the newbie, the hot flames dancing on her tongue. "Careful, fire can be dangerous and bite back." She chuckled darkly, her near-black green eyes hard and defiant. It was even scarier with that grin on her face. "Don't mind Alex. Kiro made sure she couldn't get free. I wish that he had gagged her though. Her breath is terrible." He commented. Alexdria hissed. "As if you don't smell yourself air-head."

The hot flames that came from Alex's mouth danced before her but the sight was familiar to her since being a dragon shifter, all the same it made her edgy that Alex had power over fire. It seemed she defo wasn't happen about being in the situation as it was, Jess was glad she wasn't free or else she would be clawing at her at that very moment in time.

"O quite! I don't need your damn nonsense right now"

She snarled in her direction before laying down a bit away from the fire controller, she liked having fur thank you very much. She lay her head in between her front paws tocrest after the journey, it had been the first bit of decent travelling she had done in months making her front leg ache a bit from the newly healed injury. It could have been worse, she could have been curled up in a wet corner still in the city, she wasn't just about to go complaining about perhaps finally finding Crystal and the others again. She raised her wary eyes to ,

"guess we are staying here then?"

She asked tiredly, she glanced quickly towards Alex again before Ezio again. She guessed the girl was his prisoner or something, maybe assassin's did kidnapping as well. Either way she had never clamped eyes on this girl before in her life.

Alessa's insane laughter filtered through the tree branches as she watched the disagreement in the camp. In her mind she was joined by Alexia. Alessa dropped from her perch, scooped up a cantine and promptly dumped it on Alex's head. "One should always keep a cool head, dear. One never knows if she'll not be able to put out the flames, otherwise. Now hush. The Hatter is tired of your tongue and she would gladly take it for a trophy to give to her Cheshire.

Ezio nodded to the wolf, his eyes still on Alex. He wondered how that dragon had picked her, she was too cruel for such a magnifiscent creature. "I hope tomorrow we can rejoin the rest of the group." He said, voicing his thoughts. The assassin then went and sat by a tree, facing Alex.

The fox-shifter did not take kindly to being wet. She hissed and snarled, but held her tongue, knowing that the insane child might actually pull off her threat.

((Short post...bleh.))

Jess lay her head in her paws thinking quietly to herself as her eyes wandered, she too wanted to meet up with the rest of the group and see what was going on. It had been a while since she had seen them and already so much had changed, her eyes kept wandering over to those of the girl who had insulted her. Who was she and why the hell was the bound, prehaps someone who pissed the Assassin off or mabye even a Rebel!

She had never met one before....granted this one was a tiny bit mad she was still very interested in her.

"Your a Rebel?"

She asked, it was a wild guess but eitherway she thought she was going to get the head ate off her but it would be worth it.

Alex snorted. "I'd speak, but apparently all my words are banned." She commented, glancing up at Alessa. Ezio rolled his eyes. "You would say so. It'd be worse to not answer a question then to speak freely." He stated, wanting to learn anything the Fox-shifter might know.

The girl glared for a moment, catching an idea of what the Assassin wanted. "As long as the mad woman doesn't touch me." She eyed Alessa once more before turning on Jess. "I am indeed. Although you managed to catch me, it's not as if I'll be anything more than extra weight."

Ezio raised an eyebrow. "Then maybe we should simply be done with you? Extra weight is easy to dispose of." He suggested. The female chuckled. "I'm not afraid of you Assassin. Nor do I fear my vampire-sister." Alex hissed.

"Then what do you fear?" Setheiry asked, walking back into the camp in her human form. "Not you, or your master young Novice. Altair and I have a few old ties that he wouldn't dare break."

((This making-it-up-as-I-go-along stuff is getting to be scary and twisted...I just have to figure out how the two know each other.))

(( that's sound! ))

Vampire?! Jess didn't even think they were alive anyway... Well they are dead already bur ya know what she means. Sure she had read about them but she had always believed them to be just tales of old, man she was living in some fiary land. Still so new to this world which was worlds apart from the one she used to live.

She listened closely to what she was saying but little to none made sense to her, it seemed to make sense to the others. Looks like they were all connected in some way or other, but at least she had met a Rebel in real life.

"what do you know of the dragon shifters?"

She asked quietly hopping to learn more about who she was.