RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

((I'll set up for it at some point soon. Oh, and I couldn't resist having Njoine tease Ezio. It's what I would do. And I like the song you found. lol. I'll probably have Alessa sing it at some point when she gets bored.))

Alessa's face lit up as she heard Setheiry. She glanced at Altair and gave a nod back to him once Alexia explained the look in his eye. She held her pinky up for the Altair to see, her promise not to harm Setheiry. Content, Alessa raised Zani up to chest level for Setheiry to see. "This is Zanipolo, the Mad March Hare. He has been Alessa's best, I mean, my best friend. Zani is Alessa's protector. He always looks out for her. And the Hatter will call Setheiry Setheiry. It is the polite thing to do."

You don't plan on telling her that you don't want to upset her teacher, do you? Honestly, mia bella, I could take him. Oh,Dia. You actually like him don't you? Alexia gave a mental wince when Alessa sharply rapped the penguin on the head. Even though it did not hurt the mental guard, Alexia understood she was under Alessa's ire. I apologize, Creator. I'll not speak ill of him again. I do reserve the right to protect you, though.

"It is good that Zani understands. Alessa would not deny Zani his reason for being, but Alessa does not appreciate Zani's lack of manners. What if he had heard you, Zani? Then Zani would have to be punished. Now, Apologize." After a moment of Alessa turned to Altair. "Zani offer his apologies for his poor manners. Now, The Hatter wishes to know more about Setheiry if she is willing to tell the Hatter. Alessa is most curious. about you, but if she offends, please let Alessa know. Il Hatter vuole essere amico di Setheiry e Tinman. If being friends is good to them."

---

Njoine Giggled at Ezio. To her he hadn't changed a bit since the day she met him. She knew this to be untrue, of course. No being she had met could truly remain unchanged. Laying her head on Ezio's back, Njoine freed a hand and used it to fiddle with Ezio's hair. Sometimes, he made the perfect brother. She winced at that thought, because of the reminder he wasn't a sibling and the fact sometimes she was glad he wasn't. Idly, she wondered if the young girl with the other vampire held his attention. Njoine rather thought the girl would like that and Njoine did wish Ezio to be happy. "Oh, here and there. You know how the rumor mill runs. Some say she's a beautiful young woman that travels with your hidden partner. Others say she is a mousy redhead. And yet others say she is a voluptuous green haired succubus. I rather thought the last one was possible till they said he succubus was a Rebel.

So, which is it? The young red head, the mouse, or the succubus? Or do I need to list other rumors? Oooh. There was also one about you going dark and kidnapping choice females to be you slaves or something." Njoine's eyes sparkled at as she teased Ezio. Sometimes he made it very easy for her. Of course the rumors were actually Kristine's work, but what her friend didn't know wouldn't hurt Kristine. Njoine batted her eyelashes at Ezio's back in a mock pout, fully knowing he'd be aware of it. "I'm curious why I wasn't included in you little harem. Non sono forse abbastanza carina?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((Awesome! biggrin.gif Yeah I'd tease him too, but then I'd fall for him wub.gif .))

Setheiry nodded as she explained about Zani, and smiled when she heard her name was going to be her name. "That is kind of you to do so Alessa. Nice to meet you Zanipolo. So Hatter, what is your favorite color? Out of all of them it's hard to choose, yes?" Setheiry felt as if she could easily be friends with the girl, it was fun talking to her.

--

((I've drawn a blank with Ez, give me a little while, or tomorrow. Besides I've also been yelled at to come eat. Pah, food. It's unimportant compared to this- wait? Italian food? Chicken Ricotta with Spinach? COMING MOM!!!! Save me half the bowl!!))

"Did you think I'd leave you out of it? When I start one I'll be sure to call you up." He smirked under his hood, it was time to tease her. "It's not the succubus, I'm not one for green hair. It could be the mouse. Although I'm interested in the felines." He wondered if he should make sure she knew it wasn't her, but he let her squirm for a moment.

"Lei è una donna giovane e bella, ma il padre può e mi uccideranno. You didn't hear it from me though." He glanced up at Njoine hoping she wouldn't hate him for teasing her like that.

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

"Forse. Forse no. If he values her happiness at all, then he will give her the choice. Lei non può rimanere ragazzina di papà per tutti i tempi. Besides I'm sure the girl adores you. You deserve happiness, Ezio, and you are more then charming." Njoine had tensed when Ezio mentioned felines, but relaxed at the mention of a young woman and her father. Njoine was neither young nor in the good graces of her father. Her expression serious, Njoine hugged Ezio's shoulders. "Should you need me to, I'll help you two run away together. It's the least I could do, if for no other reason then for everything you have done for me. I still owe you for a life debt, mio amico. Say the word and I promise you I will help. But you know, you could help your case by not flirting with her in front of him, as I'm sure you do."

Njoine threw the last comment in to ease away from a topic she knew would make her far more uncomfortable then his flirting.Her hand once again fell to playing with his hair. The act was similar to what Njoine did for her cubs that allowed her close. Lydon often referred to it as her feline nature coming out to play. She simply took comfort in the small play.

---

"Zanipolo says he wishes Setheiry 'Buona fortuna a tutte le vostre imprese'. For Setheiry's question, though. Yes, it is hard to pick just one. So, Alessa's favorite color is the ocean. Sometimes, it is a blue as clear as the sky. Sometimes, black as blood in moonlight. Others, it is orange like the sun setting against it. The ocean can be all colors. One only need to look in the right place. However, if you made the Hatter pick just one color of the ocean, Hatter would say blood in moonlight." Alessa nodded to herself. She understood what Tinman meant. Setheiry showed an interest in Alessa and Zani. The only ones to do that were Kristine and Njoine. Everyone else, while not unkind, had never asked her to talk and let her tell them about how she saw the world.To Alessa, Setheiry was to kind to let be hurt. "What is Setheiry's favorite color? Does she have a favorite food, too?"

Merleawe had more or less slunk away with the end of her conversation with Altair. She once again felt alone amongst the group despite their numbers. She still followed near Njoine, but she kept a bit of distance between herself and everyone else. She was still working to pick up more of Njoine's Italian as she spoke periodically though.

Setheiry listened intently, she had never thought of the ocean like that before. "That's true, it is many colors isn't it? Mine would have to be close to yours, blood red, but rich in color and not as dark. Caribbean teal comes close though. It's odd how my favorite colors are exact opposites." She trailed off into her thoughts, realizing how much of herself was opposing. Her parents had been opposing shifters and the two people she loved viewed her oppositely. The young Assassin smiled at Zani after getting Ezio's translation. "As for my favorite food...hmm. It's a tie between Chicken Ricotta and spinach, and rare steak. If I'd have to choose one to eat for every meal for the rest of my life, I would go with the steak. I can only stand chicken for so long, and it's also a treat for me, so if I ate it all the time it wouldn't be a treat anymore would it?"

--

"Gratzie." Ezio didn't know what else to say really. When she got to her last sentence he looked up at her. "Thank's Njoine." he repeated. "So how is il tuo Lydon?"

((We're traveling. Two people joined: Alessa/Alexia, and Ezio.

In the back, Njoine is riding Ezio piggy back, and Mel is off to the side of them.

In the middle Setheiry and Alessa (for the moment) are in conversation. Off to the side all by his lonesome is Altair (who has angered Alexia/Zani and Njoine because of a little annoyance issue with Alessa).

In front of them we have Lydon, Crystal, Drake, Artorius and you. Crystal is in Dragon form, and I think Jess is too.

Alice and Kiro are in front of them.

Alex and Vuelasor are a hundred yards downwind and behind, the group, waiting for night fall. That's about all you need to know.))

((Wow, Im gone for thanksgiving and it takes an hour to read it all and catch up.^^))

Kiro nodded to Seth. "Yes I am a werewolf." he was about to explain more when he heard the others getting... agitated. As things cooled down his fur lay back down.

Crystal looked up at the sky and noticed that the sun had started to fade. "Kiro, I think it's time we make camp." Kiro nodded and ran ahead to find the nearest clearing. Once he found one he howled. Crystal picked up the pace until they caught up to him. He was in human form and walked over to take the harness off of her. Once free she shook her scaled body and shifted to her human form. She then proceeded to get her tent up and sat down on a nearby boulder to check her leg. She slowly unwrapped the bandage and was glad to see that all that was left of the wound was a scar of silver teeth marks.

" I am always here for you, caro amico. Nothing short of la mia morte would stop me." Njoine giggled as she spoke to Ezio. She'd told him this in a letter a while ago, but had never sent it for fear of seeming like a prepubescent little girl.Gladly taking the subject change, Njoine began to explain what had been happening with her cub lately.. "Oh, that boy. I swear, il mio cucciolo does not think. Although, when it comes to matters of the heart no one does, I suppose. Il mio cucciolo fantasie il Donna Crystal. I'm not certain, Ser Kiro approves entirely and I have said nothing to encourage or discourage him. I did remind him of whom she is."

----

"The Hatter is a vegetarian. She likes the Cheshire Cat Special. Cheshire is very good at making Alessa's food, but if you ask her to make meat, Cheshire is hopeless. When Cheshire makes Alessa's Cheshire Cat Special, she uses cinnamon apples, caramel mixed with peanut butter, and her secret ingredient. She does not tell the Hatter what it is but it is good. She says that if she told the Hatter, then the Hatter wouldn't need the Cheshire. She forgets often that the Hatter will always need the Cheshire. It is much like how Alice needs the White Rabbit and the Cheshire." Alessa giggled and bounced next to Setheiry. She would have to have the Cheshire talk to the younger girl. They would get along well. That is if the Cheshire would ever get over her anger at the Tinman. Alessa rather liked him.

Merleawe heard the call to make camp and was quick to move in that direction. She arrived at the clearing where Kiro was and quickly picked a flat, clean area where she began to set up her tent. When she was finished with the tent, she set up her bed inside and then went back out to wait for everyone else. She was mentally running through words that could apply to her and her situation though; exile, outcast, pariah... none of them went without connotations, but in truth the word that felt like it fit the best was pariah. Pariah also just sounded more interesting.

((We aim to please.))

Lydon looked caught. When they'd reached the clearing, he couldn't decide between going to his new sister or to Crystal. He yelped when his phone started playing. His eyes widened as he caught on to the tone that was being played. Working through his mortification, Lydon pulled out the phone and answered with a fast greeting. "Hello, Nutmeg. Now tell your clan head all about your lovely lady."

"Kristine, why can't you pick better tones for my phone? Honestly what if someone here took offense to the song?"

"Now, now, Nutmeg. Everyone loves to hear a good song and your singing to the 'Lion King' is a good thing to hear if you could learn to carry a tune." The two slide easily into an odd mix of Italian and French, with Kristine speaking her native tongue of Italian and Lydon using his favorite of French. In the gist, Lydon explained how he would not make a move or tell Kristine and that the woman should drop it. He told her more of Mel and how Njoine had deemed the girl her 'Little One'. When Kristine felt she'd heard enough she put an end to the conversation. "Now enough of your wily ways. Since you refuse to speak of your Lady I'll hang up, but Nutmeg, You tell Njoine to call me."

Kristine's tone was light as she spoke to Lydon, but held an undertone of steel. She was definitely not pleased about something. Lydon could he didn't want to be in Njoine's shoes when the two met up again. He hung up with a sigh and a shake of his head. "I hate when she calls me Nutmeg. I can't help what she thinks I smell like. And it's like she's calling me a girl."

Kiro lay down near Crystal's tent in wolf form and watched the group get ready for the night. Once satisfied he lay his head down and with a last look at Crystal let sleep take him. He would be up early the next morning to catch breakfast so he needed some sleep before then.

Crystal walked over to the center of the clearing and started placing stones in a circle to make a fire. She then looked over to Lydon. She was going to ask if he wanted to help her gather firewood, but he was on his phone. She shrugged and began picking up bits of wood from the edge of the small clearing.

((I like Lydon's nickname! That's my cat's actual name in real life! xd.png Of course since that is her name her nicknames are Nutter-butter, Nut, and dubbed by my mom: Butt Butt and But Head... The poor thing, no wonder she's so pathetic.))

"That sound's really good, but enough about food, that will just make me hungrier than I am. Who exactly is what? I mean I know who the Cheshire is, and I know The Little Grin too, but who is the White Rabbit? And I heard you say Tinman earlier, who would that be? Apologies if I seem like I'm prying, but I have a bad curiosity streak." Altair knew all about that streak, and sometimes to wits end. Setheiry listened to the Hatter as she set up her tent and Altair's next to it. She then tossed his bedroll in his tent, and spread hers out on the ground. Usually she wouldn't bother with the tents, and they'd enjoy sleeping under the stars, but considering they were in a group, privacy was in order. As well as it'd give her more time to talk with Alessa.

--

Ezio chuckled. "Well if Lady Crystal returns the feeling, then I'm sure Kiro wouldn't be as upset. Still, the choices he makes are his, let him do as he wishes." Ezio set the shifter down and proceeded to look for a place to sleep, and as he hand no supplies he found a spot up in a tree. Which would be just fine for him considering he liked high places. He sat lay down on his stomach and watched the camp move about from his perch. A small rumble emanated from his belly and he realized it had been almost two days since he'd last eaten. No wait, that was coffee not an actual meal...

--

Altair sat off to the side and wondered what to do.

"Of course, mio amico." Rolling her eyes at Ezio, but taking his advice none the less, Njoine set about talking to Mel. Njoine stepped next to Mel with a small look of concern. She worried for her cublet, but did not wish to encroach on the girl's personal space. She didn't know Mel well enough yet, to take the same liberties that she did with Lydon, with Mel. "Have you met mia clan sorella, my clan sister, Alessa? I'll go ahead and warn you she's not like many you would have met."

---

Alessa squealed in joy at being asked about her Code, as Njoine had dubbed it. It had taken Njoine and Alessa months to iron out a coded way of speaking. "Alessa and Njoine needed a way to talk and since Alessa only knows one way to talk. Well, Alexia came up with the idea of using Alessa's speech to make the code. That and Alessa likes story books. The Hatter picks a name to a body and Cheshire will react based on that name. Hatter is a very good judge of character. Cheshire said so.

"Now, Njoine is the Cheshire, because she is a cat and loves her riddles. Hatter is Alessa who really likes Hats. Zani is the March Hare. The White Toto Rabbit is Ser Kiro. The Little Grin is Lydon, because he is Njoine's cub. Little Dorothy Alice is the pretty little Crystal. The Big Bad Wolf is the mean man trying to hurt her. The new Red and Heart Queens haven't been shown yet. The Good Witch of the North died long ago." Alessa paused as she thought back over the other names. She wouldn't tell Setheiry all of Code, she and Cheshire had made. "The Tinman is Ser Altair. He hides his heart very well, Alessa thinks, so well he forgets it's there. Then there is the the Dormouse, Ezio. The Hatter and the Cheshire love to tease him and the Hare absolutely hates him. Although, Hatter does not know why."

---

Lydon huffed at the phone as he stuck it in his pocket. He decided to tell Njoine of the conversation later. For the moment he made his way to Crystal. He wondered if she was worried about the Rebels. He'd seen her looking about earlier and took it as nerves. "Need some help?"

Crystal looked up at Lydon. She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I would like to get some larger bits of wood but I didn't want to leave camp alone. Would you want to walk with me?" She asked. It wasn't that she was afraid of what might come after her, she just didn't want to be alone. She knew that the time was comeing that she would be away from all her friends. Kiro had told her that when they got to the counsel she would be put into a rigorous training schedule that would have her away from everyone for a time. A saddness swept over her but she pushed it aside and smiled anyway.

Merleawe was surprised but happy when Njoine came to speak to her. When Nijoine asked if she had met Alessa, Mel shook her head. "What do you mean by being different Njoine? Everyone is different, especially me, I feel like a pariah even in this group." she in reply. She was curious as to what would make her so odd Njoine would warn her about her though. "Still if you're offering to introduce us, I'd like that, Njoine." she continued after a moment, giving Njoine a good smile, enlarged canines flashing in the dulling light.

Seth listened intently, smiling at how everyone's code fit them. "Yes, I would agree with Njoine." She nodded in affirmation and glanced around to find Altair. "Gratzie for talking with me 'Lessa, but I gotta go prod my teacher for information about me." The Assassin made poking motions in the air and smiled at the girl before heading away. She hoped she hadn't seemed rude, but she really wanted to know more about her parents.

--

Ezio wondered if he should try and see if Njoine had food, but he pushed it aside, he had bugged her enough for today. Then again, he could never bug that leopard enough, and he was starving. He hopped out of the tree and 'sneakily' came up behind her. He hadn't really been sneaky about it but he was tiptoeing (which never actually worked). He put his hand's on her shoulders and looked over her shoulder to meet her eyes. "Food?"

--

Altair turned to see his apprentice 'trying' to catch his attention by whistling (which she couldn't do). He shook his head and went over to her. "Yes?" She felt nervous for a second, but figured she'd have to ask sooner or later. "I want to know more about my family." He nodded and gestured for her to follow as they went out of earshot of the camp.

"Hatter understands. Buona fortuna." Alessa stared off after Setheiry for a moment. A shiver down her back let Alessa know that she was cold, So she set about finding somewhere warm to sleep. Spotting Kiro sleeping by a tent. Alessa skipped over next to him, snagging a blanket from Njoine's pack on the way. Once she was at Kiro's side, Alessa picked his right side to curl against. She wrapped the blanket around herself before curling up in a ball and burying her nose into Kiro's side. The childish-minded-woman was heedless of whether or not the wolf-man would mind."Buona notte, White Rabbit."

---

"Alessa is very different from you, Bambina mia. Your mind is still yours. Alessa's is not. During the years with her parents, Alessa created her imaginary friend, Zanipolo. Zani is the little penguin she carries. He used to be a giant one, but she had no choice but to make him small when her parents sent her to the mental institute. While she was there, Alessa fractured her own mind to protect it." Njoine paused as she glanced at Alessa who was bouncing over to Kiro. She watched as Alessa curled up against the wolf, trying not to wake him as she did so, and fell asleep. "Alessa made Alexia to protect herself from the doctors. So Alexia comes into play when Alexia is far to angry to handle herself or is afraid. It's why she hates lab coats. Anyway, it took some years, but Alexia took over as Zani, leaving Alessa unaware of Alexia. Alessa only knows that Zani can put her to sleep. Although how a stuffed toy that small could carry her, I have no idea."

Njoine had paused a moment when she noticed Ezio sneaking behind her. She restrained herself from tossing Ezio over her shoulder. She did, however through a light punch at Ezio's shoulder and a light shove in Lydon's direction. "You know, I don't eat, amico mio. Go ask Lydon and m'Lady."

---

Lydon nodded to Crystal, just barely managing to hide a blush. He gave a mimicking growl of Njoine's to Drake and gestured for Crystal to lead the way. He gave Crystal a smile and a wink, before dipping into a playful bow. "Ladies first, Miss Crystal. Drake and I will be your humble guards. We will defend you from the wilderness with utmost caution."

Beside Lydon, Drake pranced about stopping on occasion to attack a pretend intruder while Lydon spoke. The little male leopard found Lydon's game more then a little fun.Drake had decided that two-leggers were a strange bunch.

Merleawe listened to Njoine's explanation about Alessa, realizing that it was a fair bit selfish and stupid to be pitying herself so much when others had gone through things that were quite possibly just as bad. Still, she had one issue she needed to speak to Njoine about. "Njoine, I think I need one of your blood packs if you can spare it, I've had this... gnawing in my stomach for a while and it hasn't gone away with eating..." she said quietly. There had already been ample evidence to the fact that Mel needed to consume human blood, but she couldn't help but still feel a bit ashamed and dirty about what she had to do.

"Of course, bambina mia." Njoine led Mel over to where Lydon had dropped the bags. She shooed Alice off to watch Alessa and set about grabbing out her cooling bag. Once she had the bag secure, Njoine glanced to make sure Alice had done as told and found the leopard cub joining Alessa by Kiro. Njoine shook her head as she pulled a blood pack out for Mel. "Here you go. If you want it warm, you'll have to set i9t near the fire for a bit. Anytime you need it, love, feel free to ask. I would deny my cubs very little."

"Thanks Njoine," Merleawe replied when she was given the pack. She quietly looked at the cold pack of blood warming in her hands as a sense of disgust worked it's way through her gut. Eventually though, she tore the tip off the bag and quietly began to drink. The taste of the blood drove her to want more from the bag, but she tempered that desire with her own self-disgust. Eventually she was done and washed her mouth out wig water before moving around in the campsite as she watched tents be set up. When she found Alessa she slowly approached saying, "Hello Alessa. We haven't really gotten to meet yet."

Kiro lifted his head when he felt someone snuggling up next to him. He gave a wolfish grin and licked her forehead before laying his head back down. He was about to go back to sleep when he heard paws headed his way. He licked Alice and picked her up to place her in between his forpaws and began grooming her, trying to put her to sleep. He wondered if one day he would do this to his own cubs as he lay his head back down to drift back off.

Crystal smiled and laughed at the little cub as she stepped beside Lydon and placed her arm in his. "Then what are we waiting for." She said as she tugged him along. She only took her arm from his when she saw some wood and picked it up, or scratched little Drake's ear.

Ezio shrugged and was considering following Njoine's advice, but he had last seen the two heading off together, and didn't want to bother them. Instead he climbed up his tree and dozed off for a moment. He'd get some from Setheiry later. This thought made him smile as he fell into a light nap.

--

Altair picked a nice grassy spot and padded the place next to it. Setheiry sat down, and paused, gathering her words. "What happened to them?" Altair shifted, not sure what to say. "Your mother died when you were little. You were three at the time she told me to take you, and she died shortly after. I don't know what happened to your father. No one does." He wasn't lying, not really. Setheiry nodded, satisfied with this information. "What side were they on?" She hoped that by keeping the questions simple, she'd get the answer to her question. "Your mother was Dracona, and your father. He didn't know. He wasn't Dracona, but he never wanted to be a rebel." With each question, Altair felt she was getting closer to finding out. Should he tell her before she found out?

((No, there is no OOC, you can just ask here.

Where is everyone? Don't let it die!!!! PLEASE!!))