RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

((I'm here, just waiting for miji to reply))

((Sorry, I've been nursing a hangover the last couple of days because I had three parties to go to the last couple of days. Apologizes profusely. I'm really sorry. ))

Drake followed close to the humans, giving the occasional purr when Crystal rubbed his ears. At one point the cub began trying to help and would bring Crystal and Lydon twig-like sticks to add to the collection. Lydon snicked at the sight Drake made before shaking his head and turning to look at Crystal as he picked up his next piece of would. "Um, Crystal, I have a question, but if it's out of line please slap me and tell me to shut up. Anyway, I was wondering what your life was like before all the crazy kidnapped you?"

--

Alessa giggled at Kiro and pressed a kiss to her hand and then the hand to Kiro's shoulder. She would have reached for his forehead but Alessa didn't want to uncurl from her cocoon. When she heard Mel, Alessa looked up at Mel with a slow blink and a shy smile. Her voice was a low whisper when she spoke. Alessa disliked the idea of waking the wolf she was curled against. "Yes, the Hatter does not know you. What can the Hatter do for the little cublet?"

((ouche, I've seen friends with them, ain't pretty))

"nothing really, Alessa, I more just came to introduce myself. That's ok right?" Merleawe replied. She quietly sat down a few feet from Alessa and waited a moment before asking, "How are you doing in this group Alessa?" She was curious as to how Alessa felt about fitting into the group compared to how she did.

As little Drake brought sticks and twigs to them Crystal would thank the cub for his efforts. Crystal took in Lydon's question. She looked down as she thought of her parents. "Well, I suppose it was a normal life. I was homeschooled because I would get panick attacks at school. My parents loved me and each other. Every once in a while they would fight, but they never went to bed angry at one another." She chuckled at a memory. "They protected me and loved me." Her smile faded. "They died while I escaped. My horse was a unicorn, and he saved me. That was when everything changed." She looked down at the little cub. She was an orphan like him. Taken in by weres, vamps, and shifters. She smiled. "Now Kiro is my family."

((It's all understood guys smile.gif ))

Alex shifted into a fox and crept near the camp. She had put on her leather armor and her sword, dagger, and a smaller dagger on a bracelet on her wrist up her sleeve. Two of the more dangerous were a little ways from the camp, another was asleep, but not for long. Kiro was also sleeping next to a woman whom she noticed wasn't right in the head. Another woman was talking to the weird one, and Njoine was by the fire. She smiled as she noticed her target wasn't with the group. She silently padded after their scent, hoping Lydon wasn't a skilled fighter, it wouldn't matter though.

She spotted the two and slunk low to the ground behind them and off to the side. They were talking, and to busy to notice her as she shifted into a human in the bushes. Her black-green eyes glinted darkly and she almost chuckled. With an agility only a fox would have, she went up to Crystal and put her dagger to her throat, turning the girl so that she faced Lydon. "Speak and I will kill you. And if you say anything boy I'll still kill her." She looked at the cublet and growled at him to keep quiet. She turned her dark gaze onto Lydon and her sharp canines glinted. "Miss me?" She summoned Vuelasor as she grabbed Crystal, and when the dragon was here she'd kidnap the girl. Rawver might like that better, if not she'd kill Crystal after he said so.

--

Unknowing to the silent attack farther away, the two Assassin's went back to the camp and sat at the fire. Setheiry said goodnight and went to her tent, after tapping Ezio awake. He looked around at Altair before slipping after her.

((Lights, camera, action!))

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

Crystal was taken by surprise when a knife was at her throat. She knew that if she did anything wrong she was dead. She had to be good. She couldn't risk getting killed or getting Lydon killed. She stayed quiet and hoped that Artorious would have felt her distress. Anger flared up when she realised who it was. The urge to change and attack the woman was at its highest, but she knew that it would do her no good with the knife already at her throat. She would listen to the fox... for now.

((I was feeling lazy, so I put the Italian words Lydon said in italics, so I wouldn't have to translate. But to let you know it is Italian and all....>.>

Lydon choked on a shout when he caught sight of the to knife to Crystal's throat. Instinct to flee as Njoine had ingrained in him warred with the desire to stay with Crystal. He glanced at Alex and bit his tongue at what she said. He wished Njoine would have offered to come with them. He glanced over to Drake who was still growling at Alex despite the order to be quite. Reinforcing the woman's order as he did not want to chance Crystal, Lydon gave his own growl to the cub. Drake huffed and quieted, but did not remove his eyes from Alex.

Lydon grumbled under his breath as he looked back to Alex. Majority of his mutterings were in Italian, while he tried to think on how far they'd gotten from the camp and if Mel or Njoine would scent his blood if he cut himself. He slumped when he figured it probably wouldn't work if they couldn't hear the woman. Giving up Lydon went about calling Alex choice names under his breath, needing to voice his thoughts and hoping she wouldn't hear or understand. [/i]"You would have been smart to not attack her, Cagna. At least then you wouldn't have pissed the whole group off."

----

Alessa sat up and looked at Mel, but set about brushi9ng her finger in Kiro's fur to include the wolf. She mulled over what she thought of everyone. "The Hatter very much like everyone. Her favorites are the Tinman and Cheshire, but the Hatter's opinion is very biased. Zanipolo likes Mel and little Setheiry best. He says you are both spicy. Um, little Balto. What does Zani mean by spicy? He's laughing to hard at me to tell me."

Alexdria didn't know what Lydon was saying, but it wasn't good. "Now, now. No need for name calling. Just be a good little human and stay useless until we're gone." About then Vuelasor landed nearby. Alex smirked and backed up into the small clearing, wishing the wind wasn't blowing toward the group, and that Vuelasor could be quieter. But nothing's perfect, and she was doing fine at the moment.

--

Altair picked up a different scent, but brushed it off. It was faint, and no one was screaming. Still it didn't fade. he was thinking of telling Njoine, but he wasn't sure if it was a threat. "You smell that Njoine?"

--

The silver-white dragon picked up their captive and placed her on her back. Alex jumped up and sat behind the girl, not caring if she screamed now. Alex did keep her dagger in her hand though, in case the girl was armed. The thing Alex didn't know, was that Crystal could shift now. She figured if she could though, she didn't know how to fly. "Bye Lydon, good to see you again." The dragon then jumped into the air.

--

Artorius got feelings from his rider and woke from his sleep. His tail moved around and hit something, later he realized it was Kiro. The black dragon was frantic, and Altair ducked as the dragon jumped over him and into the air. Artorius roared at the female fox and the white dragon with his rider.

Kiro was slapped by something and woke up in a rush of teeth and claws. He stood over the cub and Alessa defensively. Then realised that it was Artorious. He was frantic and roaring. Kiro watched as he leapt into the air and he cocked his head to the side. "What the..." He then knew that something must be wrong. "Njoine! Where are Crystal and Lydon?!" He roared as he looked around frantically.

Crystal knew she had to get away, but she didn't know how to fly. She could shift and try but odds were not on her side. She settled with a few curses of her own at the fox. "You won't get away with this." Then as if on cue she heard Artorious and her heart almost skipped a beat.

Rather then answer either male, Njoine was running in the direction she'd caught Lydon's scent tainted with his fear on the wind. She paused only long enough to shift, knowing her leopard nose was far stronger then her vampire nose.She lifted her nose to the air to regain the scent, before taking off again. She'd worry about the others following her later, as she wasn't sure how much time they had. She let out a yowling call for Drake to follow the prey and the prowl mother. She was certain the cub would follow as best he could and that would help her keep the trail. Their breed was notorious for it's tracking abilities. "I swear to the Dia if either of them is harmed, that is going to be one dead walking corpse."

Njoine didn't pause again, until she was standing next to Lydon.

---

"Yeah, yeah, but the name Cagna suits you so well." Lydon glared at the woman with her dragon. Lydon was confused a dragon would help someone so obviously a Rebel, but instead he watched the two women and dragon take to the air. He sighed in relief at hearing Artorious and then relaxed with a smug grin when Kiro's roar and Njoine's yowl. In the end , Lydon settled for opening his mouth and inserting his foot. At the worst, she'd still leave with Crystal. At the best she'd take the time to kill him and let the others rescue Crystal. "I can't wait till they hurt you, but at least I'll be secure in the knowledge that by you taking her We'll still win, you bloody fiendish cagna, and that you're not just a cagna, but an idiot, too."

----

Alessa had startled badly when Kiro was knocked by the Dragon. Once Kiro had reacted, instead of being afraid, Alessa had curled over the cub he was cleaning earlier to add to it's protection. She did grow confused when Zanipolo began to insist she pull something out of her back dress pocket after Njoine took off. Doing as told, Alessa's brows scrunched at the feel of multiple flat pieces of thick paper. When she brought them out to look at, Alessa shrieked at the sight of the set of cards. She was aware of a yank from Zani before she was cocooned in her mental play ground. Alessa cheered at the sight of the new group of playmates made by Kiro, Setheiry and Mel.

In the real world, Alexia slipped out of Kiro's protection and set about assuring Kiro that she'd guard the camp. "Go. Njoine'll lead you to Crystal and Lydon. She's the best tracker in the De Luca clan. I'll hold the camp and protect Alice. Drake and Lydon will need to be kept safe when Njoine sends them back here, as I imagine you will all be going to save the three of them."

Edited by Mijikoi

Alex whipped her head towards the sound, and she hissed at him. Vuelasor tilted to the side and dodged the black dragons attempt to crash into her. Artorius turned around and reached out with his claws, but as he did, the silver dragon lowered herself so that her back was to him, and Crystal. Artorius froze and growled, not sure what to do.

--

Altair watched the other vampire take off before going to get his apprentice. "Seth." ,he pulled back the flap covering the opening and paused. He glared at Ezio before turning to Setheiry. "I'll be mad later. Something's happened." The Assassin's hurried to follow Njoine and stood next to her, waiting for orders or something.

--

The black dragon dove down and Vuelasor used this time to try and get ahead of the Dracona. Artorius blew a blast of fire at the white dragons wings. Alex jumped into the fire and absorbed it, keeping her dragon safe. She used the extra fire to slow her fall to earth. She landed on one knee, hurting from the jar.

She looked up to see the two dragons lock claws, and try to get the upper hand. Vuelasor bit Artorius and a ball of fire followed before she let go. He roared in pain and kicked her away. She sped away, but the black dragon bit her tail. He clawed his way up her back until he was just below her wings. "Crystal, climb onto my back!" He called.

--

Setheiry saw a blast of fire and went after it, ignoring the other two watching. She stopped in the field where a girl was standing. Alex turned to see Setheiry after she smelled the girl. "A new one? This is quite sad, the Dracona have stooped to taking in little lost kitties."

Seth growled, and pulled out her short blade. She closed the few paces between the two and tried to get her to look at the hand with the knife, and not her left one with the hidden blade. Alex knew this trick and grabbed both of her wrists. "Stuck?"

Altair and Ezio watched the two from the edge of the field, getting a glance from the fox traitor. "Oh, I see now." She kicked Seth in the stomach and looked at Altair. He hissed and attacked, only to have her shift and bite him with flaming teeth. He pulled her off and hissed at the pain. She landed next to Setheiry and shifted into a human looking at the girl getting up. "The kitty still needs her daddy's protection." She looked between the two, smirking at the looks on their faces. "Have you not told her? HA!"

Enraged Setheiry felt something change and shifted into her Mountain Lion form. Alex shifted into a fox and took off, the lion right on her tail.

((Oh Dia...jeez. BIG post...sorry, been wanting to play Alex in a fight...apparently.))

Kiro followed Njoine out to Lydon's side. He watched as Artorious fought his clutch mate. He saw Alex fall and his fur bristled as he roared and ran as hard as he could to that place. He kept looking up and watching the fight in the air. He then came to the clearing where Alex had landed. The fox traitor was running with a mountain lion on her tail. He slowed and took in the scene. Everyone seemed allright, but where was Seth?

Crystal held on as the two dragons fought. Then Artorious gained the upper hand and she did as she was told. She grabbed onto his neck and began climbing up onto his back.

Artorius grabbed Vuelasor's scales and growled at her as he flew up higher before dropping her. She tried to turn and bite him but he was just far enough away she couldn't reach. She turned and flew back up to him, releasing a jet of flame. The black dragon tilted so that his rider was protected from the fire, he was semi-heatproof so it didn't hurt as much as it would Crystal. He whined still, and wheeled away to land in the field with the others. Vuelasor followed, but stayed hovering over the Draconas. She snarled at them and sent a blast of fire across all of them.

--

As much as Altair wanted to help his daughter, he needed to protect the descendant. He jumped behind Ezio when the fire came, for the younger man was making an air shield. Then before Altair could snap at him he took off to help Setheiry.

--

Alex made it to the trees before the lion grabbed her tail and threw her into some holly. She yelped and climbed out, shaking a leaf off her paw. Setheiry was glaring at her prey, growling in her throat. Alex sat and wrapped her tail around her paws disdainfully. "Is the little kitten angry?" She clicked her tongue and made a mocking face.

Seth jumped at her, but the fox jumped, Seth knew she'd do that, and so she turned and pounced again. Landing on the fox she put a giant paw on Alex's chest. "Is the little rat caught by the cat?" Alex just showed her teeth in a smile and turned into a fire fox. Seth jumped back with a bark and looked at her paw. Alex stood her ground and laughed, before jumping at her. The Assassin dodged her, and they continued doing that until Alex was blown over by a gust of wind.

The females looked to see Ezio and Setheiry grinned at Alex. "You're gonna get it now." Alex hissed and turned into a human, unsheathing her sword. Ezio followed her lead, and attacked first. Alex parried and tried to counter, but Setheiry jumped and landed on her back. Ezio raised an eyebrow at her, but she just curled her tail around her paws. "Attack before they remember you're there." He smiled, he had taught her that.

Njoine had rushed to reach the fighting group after accessing how Lydon was. The human was then shoved in the direction of the camp, while Njoine took off to help Artorious. She reached a field just in time to see Artorious land. Njoine made short work of reaching the dragon bearing Crystal, before shifting forms to better access Crystal for injuries. Njoine did spare a moment to chuck a rock at the enemy dragon and through in a few insults in Italian and English for good measure. "Is there anyway you can get her to safety even with the lizard over there so close, Artorious?"

Crystal watched as the flames came towards her and Artorious. She clutched his black scales and clung to him as the flames licked his chest. He whined and headed for the earth below. Once on the ground she saw Njoine and nodded to her letting her know she was unharmed. There was a questioning in her eyes. Where was Lydon, and was he ok?

Kiro saw that Crystal was safe and let the rage in him loose. He ran after the silver dragon and leapt at her with claws outstretched. Once on her he clawed and bit at her scales, trying to get at the flesh underneath. He was going to do as much damage as he possibly could in the hopes of wounding the dragon.

Artorius lowered his wing from where he had it to block the fire. He caught his breath and turned to Njoine. "If you can hold off Vuelasor, then I might be able to take her somewhere." ,he projected it to the whole group so that they would know. He looked up at the white dragoness, and she snarled at him. He glanced to Kiro and blinked his multicolored eyes at him. "I'll send a message in the morning." he said before taking off.

When they were a little ways away he turned a blue eye on his rider and blinked gently. "Are you alright little one?" ,he asked gently.

--

Vuelasor tried to shake Kiro off, but he refused to let go. She snarled and landed, tossing her tail around as she tried to get at him. She couldn't reach though, and he was getting under her scales, literally. It hurt and she flapped to try and get him off. Another annoying pest was on her now, Altair. She hissed and grabbed his waist between her teeth, throwing him off her shoulder and in front of her. She clawed at him, only hitting the ground as he moved quickly. "Stay still you traitor!" Frustrated she pinned him down and was about to release a blast of fire into his face.

"Grab Lydon on your way. He was worried for you, m'Lady, but otherwise alright." Njoine nodded to Artorious and Crystal and set about helping Kiro and Altair with the other dragon. She moved closer to Vuelasor before throwing herself into Vuelasor's side and scaling the dragon. Once she was positioned right, she set a hand on the base of each of the dragon's wings. Her lips twisted into a snarl as she dug her nails in and began to pull. Noting she was trying to rescue the vampire she was still abngry with, Njoine dropped her ire at him and instead set about aiding him. He was a prowl member now, after all. "Get off my prowl-brother, you over-grown lizard shaped wench. Cause I'll make an exception about eating meet after I roast you on the camp fire. And who in Tartarus are you calling a traitor, Rebel-Cagna!" Edited by Mijikoi

Artorius landed in the camp, he looked at Lydon and told him to grab some supplies, and to climb on his back.

--

The dragoness roared in pain and tried to reach the female vampire."Have you Draconas a knack for taking in anyone, even those you know nothing of?" ,she asked her, dumbfounded. The white dragon got tired of the pests, and bucked and twisted, trying to throw them off.

--

Altair used this moment to move out of the way and get air back into his lungs. He should just run now. Instead of staying for the after fight. He looked at Njoine and Kiro and felt like he'd be abandoning them. It was a moment of indecision, but he thought he chose right.

--

Alex growled and felt so stupid. She felt stupid because she was beaten, and she felt stupid because she had been way too cocky, even more so than usual. Ezio hauled her to her feet and held her arms behind her back. Setheiry went in front of them, leading the parade.

--

Vuelasor shook her head and nipped at the bird clawing at her face. She tried to blast it with fire, but it dodged and scratched one of her odd eyes. She roared in pain and tucked her head under her leg, anything to keep him away. The brown eagle landed on Njoine's shoulder for a moment, passing a silent thank you before flying over to the other two Assassin's.

At Alex's order the dragon stopped fighting and whined in defeat. Alex didn't come easy though, she was kicking and screaming. She tried to blast them with fire but Ezio just took her oxygen away, and so she quit trying that. "D*mn it! Let me go!"

Setheiry rolled her eyes. Asking never worked. The red-brown panther jumped when an eagle landed on her, but she let it, she didn't know why, but it felt safe. Her black-tipped tail was up in the air, happy with her catch, her ears swiveled around as she got used to her heightened senses. She slightly limped on the paw Alex had burned, but other than that, she was feeling very happy. She also shifted for the first time, and so you can see why her attitude was off the charts for this situation.

Kiro held on tightly as the dragoness bucked and squirmed to get out from under him. Then the group came through and held Alex prisoner. The dragon stopped fighting and Kiro climbed down from the dragon and stood in Crinos form. He stepped towards the fox and looked her in the eye. Rage rippled through him but he held it back. "And the traitor has returned to finish her work." He snorted. "What made you think you could get away with this?" He wanted to kill her, but it was not his choice to make. It would be up to the counsel and queen.

Alex met his eyes evenly. He seemed tortured enough by not being able to kill her, and she knew he couldn't, and wouldn't, kill her. "Raver sends his regards, Kiro." She smiled slyly. Her black-green eyes glinting dangerously. "Oh, and I was never a traitor, for I was never a Dracona." She spat Dracona as if the word was poison in her mouth. She tried to light her arms and make Ezio release her, but he stole the oxygen from her inner fire and she coughed and tried to draw breath. Only when she cooled down did he let her breathe. Vuelasor growled at Ezio, but at a snarl from Setheiry and a look from the eagle, she lowered her head.

--

Setheiry shifted, not really on purpose, but she did want to be human again. The eagle hovered while she changed, and then sat on her outstretched arm. She used the back of her knuckle and rubbed it's chest and under it's beak. It closed it's eyes in delight, and tilted it's chin for her to reach easier.

"Well, what can I say. My sorella has a soft spot for the repentant but I have a cold fury for the ones that hurt ours. Now be a good girl and sit still." Rather then let go Njoine tightened her grip. She gave a nod to Altair when he landed on her shoulder. She'd tell him later that she was willing to give him the benefit of doubt again. Apparently, her instincts wanted her to anyway. When the dragon had growled at Ezio , Njoine's snarl had accompanied Setheiry's and her claws tightened further in the dragon's back. "Shut up, lizard or I'll see if I can clip your wings from the bottom up." Edited by Mijikoi

At the mention of the Rebel leaders name a rage swept over him and he almost lost control. Then she said she was never Dracona. His tail flicked back and forth a moment and then he looked back towards Njoine and the Dragon. "Well, Rebel. We will see just what will happen to you." He stepped back and was about to make contact with Crystal when a man stepped from the trees. He applauded the group and gave an evil grin. "Well, Kiro, you have proven to me that my rider does need more training. I suppose I will have to work on that." He looked at Alex and then back to Kiro. "You shall release her now, and hand over the decendant." He said calmly.

As the man emerged from the trees, Kiro pinned his ears. The Rebel leader was here in the flesh. "You won't get her!" He said as he stepped forward a few paces. His fur was bristled and his teeth were bared.

Lydon had arrived back to the camp and began throwing his and Njoine's things together. He made sure to tell Mel and Alexia to do the same. He didn't pause to explain until Artorious arrived with Crystal. Lydon heaved a sigh of relief at the sight of Crystal safe. Lydon grabbed his clothing packs, along with Njoine's three and a bag of Crystal's things Alexia had scrambled together for the other woman.

"Alexia can gather the rest of the stuff and meet up with us later.It's good to see you both okay." Lydon climbed onto Artorious and settled himself behind Crystal. Forgoing his manners and sense of decorum, Lydon threw his arms around Crystal in a hug and kissed her cheek. "I'm so glad you're okay, cara. You scared the begeesus out me."

----

Alexia shook her head as Lydon rushed about the camp. When the boy had finally climbed aboard the dragon, Alexia handed him Alice. Since Drake had not returned with him, Alexia assumed the male leopard was with Njoine. As she turned to Mel, she studied Njoine's cub before taking a step closer to the girl. "Would you mind staying with me and helping me pack up the little that we can? I'll be able to carry a good bit of it. Being a horse and all, but I'll still need help."

Merleawe turned when she was addressed and asked to help. "Yea, I'll help, just tell me what you need me to do" she replied as she stood up. She was curious as to just what she could do for helping besides packing, as she always wanted to do more and be more involved, but things didn't seem to go that way. The words from her conversation with Alessa were still fresh and drifting in her thoughts as she assisted with packing up various items for Alexia. "I don't think we were ever really introduced, but I'm Merleawe, or Mel, if you prefer." she said as she worked.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, piccola bambina. I'm Alexia, Alessa's mental guardian. Also known as Zanipolo, the Mad March Hare." Alessa spoke while she helped break down any part of the camp that had been set up. She eyed the harness Kiro had mad for Crystal and set about adjusting it to suit her equine from. She'd have to make it so it could drag behind her, but that wouldn't hinder her more then it would one of her mundane cousins. Aleixa started picking up the cards Alessa had thrown in the air just before Alexia had sent her to sleep. "We'll pack everything down and load it on the harness. I can drag it, no trouble. My only trouble comes in, if Alessa wakes and no one is here to sooth her. I pulled a low blow on her, so she'll be upset with me for a while. She is absolutely terrified of playing cards. Unreasonably so."