RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

Njoine blinked at John's perceptiveness and glanced to Ekwueme. It seemed she'd found someone who felt as she did. It saddened her to think someone could feel a worse shape of loneliness then she. "Yes, despite the human children I raise, eternity is a lonely thing. It's not that I'm always alone, but I wish I had what my father and mother had. Not the ending but the begining. When you know you'll never be alone again. I'm rarely alone for long, but my children all leave and then there is only me. I can't imagine always being alone, though. It'd break my frozen heart."

Njoine winced at how talkative she'd been the last several hours. Truefully since she woke to meeting Brontes. Usually, she kept quiet, prefering to observe. Now she seemed to be talking more then she aught to. Must be that I'm amoungst others more like me then humans.

((shadow...you double posted smile.gif ))

John smiled as she seemed to quiet down after she had finished talking. "I think that that situation where one dreams of never being alone again, is something that everyone dreams but keeps in the recesses of their mind so as not to hurt. I bet you'll find someone one of these days that you'll be able to spend forever with...In fact, I'm sure of it. You don't seem like a normal vampire...at least the ones I've met." he said hoping not to offend her. his comment, however, drew a laugh from Ekwueme and seemed to righten the Immortals face.

Edited by LoveLost

((I think I'm play tag chase with you Lovelost. xd.png ))

"I think that that situation where one dreams of never being alone again, is something that everyone dreams but keeps in the recesses of their mind so as not to hurt. I bet you'll find someone one of these days that you'll be able to spend forever with...In fact, I'm sure of it. You don't seem like a normal vampire...at least the ones I've met."

"That's true. Thank you for that."Njoine smiled at John and toward Ekueme. She didn't want to make the other Immortal feel like he couldn't join the coversation. "And I'm not. I'm only half. The other half's shifter. My mother was a snow leopard shifter. Well, also, if you spend enough time with teenagers, you find normal's overrated."

Njoine flashed a fanged smile at John. "To quote a movie Lydon made me watch a few years ago. 'You ain't never had a friend like me.'"

Kiro came to the edge of the forest. They were on the outskirts of town. Kiro could see the hotel next to a bar. "I will go ahead and get the rooms. I'll send for you once I have everything settled." He then looked at Artorious who grumbled before climbing into the pack. Walking down to the street carefully he noticed a couple of racoons. They were shifters, but not of his concern at the moment. He needed to get Crystal to the hotel. Once inside he got the rooms and headed upstairs to put Crystal to bed. Artorious crawled out of the pack to curl up next to her.

Kiro sat down in a chair and mentally linked to John. I have the rooms, come on when you guys are ready.

((lol!))

John laughed at that with a smile. "And Amen to that...normla is more overrated than i ever thought it could be...isn't it Ek?" he asked the immortal hoping to draw him into the conversation.

Ekwueme looked at John then at the Snow Leopard. "I never knew there was such a thing as normalcy." he said with a bright white smile.

John seemed to be lost for a moment his eyes taking on a hazy look. "Kiro says he's got the rooms. you might want to shift human Njoine." he said as they breached the forest.

((this is the best I could get for Ekwueme. he just has like these cyan blue eyes.))

Edited by LoveLost

(( I know. Sorry, stupid cell phone...))

Raktagh took in what she was saying, and he couldn't understand it. "No.... she can't.... That means that dream wasn't a dream....it was real..." He couldn't believe it, she betrayed him, his best friend was just like his brother. He glanced at Isabelle and wondered what she would think when he did this. He made a stone tent around Aro and Alex, and dashed inside, sealing it so that Isabelle couldn't get in. He then made a dirt storm so that they couldn't see him, and shuved a rock into Aro's mouth, which grew until he had to let go of Alex. Once she was free Raktagh shifted to a wolf and put Alex on his back. He ran to the edge of a cliff and stopped.

___

Alexdria got off his back and stared at the wolf. Why did he just interupt her fight? Who was he? and did he think he was saveing her? or did he want to kill her too? When he shifted she almost started crying she was so happy. He was alive! Her only friend was alive! The best part was knowing she didn't kill him

"If you like, Lydon and I can help you should you decide to go to the city with us." Brontes thought for a moment, did he really want to live his forest home behind and travel with these people? He was afraid of change but he didn't want to live an insignificant life that was trapped behind those trees. He was already used to the company of Nijoine and Lydon, he wasn't sure if he could turn to face the silence and lonelyness that succumbed the forest.

"You may hunt, but make it quick. We will help you with your coordination. I can even work with you once we are in the hotel room. We can practice your... human manners." He thought it was nice of Kiro to offer to help him even though he didn't know him, he also thought it was strange he had already began to trust Kiro. He began to walk on, leaving Brontes standing there.

"Yes, I'll be quick. I'm sure I'll be able to follow your scent" He raised his voice loud enough to make sure Kiro heard as he vanished through the trees.

He quickly detected the scent of a deer and began to track it, taking care to tread lightly. He was downwind and doubted the deer would smell him and soon enough a deer came into view, it grazed the grass lazily unaware it was being watched.

((Woops did I just leave Lydon standing there? I thought he had gone with Kiro >.<))

Edited by Racoonthief

Aro had tried to shift loose from the human and tried to get away. He couldn't and spent ten minutes trying to get all of the dirt out of his golden eyes.

Isabelle was surprised at what Raktagh was doing but she admired it in a way. She walked closer to Aro when Raktagh had left her eyes ablaze with moonlight fire. "I can't believe you." she said in a hoarse voice (no pun intended!)

Aro hissed at her through clenched teeth. "You always wanted me to be good, but no longer Isabelle...I don't want to do what you tell me just because you think your better." he said knowing he was hitting every raw point in her already fragile heart.

Isabelle reared angrily and blew icy fire at Aro. "I wanted you to be good cause I didn't want you to get hurt!" she shouted and shifted human her hair blowing around her face in the current that her wings made. "How DARE YOU...try and make me seem like the bad one fore caring."

Aro growled again and he too shifted human. "Caring? WHo said you cared? You only cared about yourself so you wouldn't be hurt when the connection had to be separated."

Isabelle looked at the ground. "Then it ends now...I can't live in fear of you and you can't live in fear of me." she said and drew out a long glowing knife from her side. She reached down into her shirt to pull out a pendant. She held it in her hands with tears streaming down her face.

Aro stood there shocked and his eyes wide. he had never thought she would ahve been brave enough to separate their connection but here she was doing it. He pulled out a fiery dagger and did the same.

At the same exact moment, Aro and Isabelle plunged the daggers into the hearts of the pendants. Wind, fire, water and earth swirled around them as their true beings were separated for forever no matter what.

Aro winced when the process was over and he turned back into his wolf form as Isabelle turned into her guardian form.

((It's okay. Should I use colors for Njoine and Lydon since they're kind of seperate right now?))

Lydon watched Njoine shift back into her human form as he ran to catch up. He'd stayed with Brontes long enough to watch him take off for his hunt, before moving toward the others. He rolled his eyes at Njoine. His female friend was certianly being a show off. He hadn't seen her this happy since they said they were leaving to go on an adventure.He trailed along behind everyone and stopped completely to sit on a log at the treeline.

Njoine straightened her wig and smoothed out her dress when the shift completed. Really, it was like puberty all over again, joint pains and all. "Well, since we're staying the night, I'll go with you all to the rooms and then I'll head out to hunt. So, you can talk to Kiro with your brain. That's nifty. I'd be terrified if I could see into Lydon's."

John smirked and then spoke to Kiro. We're on our way up...can you show me the room? he asked. He waited for some cars to pass then led the way across the street and to the hotel.

Ekwueme looked at Njoine and laughed at himself. He followed John quickly and swiftly. ((why does she have a wig?? o.O))

((Thank you Miss Ravyn.I think I'll copy Lovelost and color them when they're talking.

Lol. She has lavender hair and with crimson eyes she stands out. So, to avoid unwanted attention, Njoine where's a black wig and green contacts.))

Njoine skipped after the two, after a glance to check on her human. Using a glass pane Njoine double checked to see if she looked normalish. She was displeased at how how pale her skin looked, but over all was good with that she looked human for the most part. Following the two men was the easy part, smelling the human's was not. Njoine swore to herself as she heard the heartbeats through out the hotel. It had not been one of her smarter ideas to follow while she was hungry. "How many of us are there traveling in the group?"

Kiro mentally showed John the room number. "Its on the second floor and the door is unlocked." He then crossed his arms as he sit back in the chair. His eyes never left Crystal or her dragon.

((I forgot to say that I hope you get better Mijikoi, I've never dislocated anything before but it sounds unpleasant sad.gif))

Brontes waited for a moment before charging at the deer, it bleated in shock as he bit it's neck. He pulled it to the ground in one swift motion as it flailed wildy, ignoring it's protests he bit down harder on it's neck. It went limp so he released it's neck and began to eat it. He licked his lips after he was finished in an attempt to clean his muzzle, he was full and hugely satisfied with his kill.

I hope I will be able to return to the forest to hunt, I would much rather avoid human food.

He trotted away from the carcass leaving little little except for the bones, he broke into a run aprubtly following Kiro's and the others scent. It was easy enough to trace, the scents were unique and were near impossible to mistake for somthing else. He guessed he was nearing the edge of the forest, the trees began to thin and he could just see city between the trees. He noticed Lydons scent had become stronger and remembered he was waiting for him, he headed towards his scent. He soon found him sitting on a log on the forests edge.

"Thankyou for waiting for me, I really appreciate it" He smiled trying to be freindly.

Edited by Racoonthief

"It was no trouble.It was the least I could do." Lydon gave Brontes a wry grin. "It's what friends are for, right? 'Sides you might not be aware but Njoine already considers you one of hers, now. Don't take that the wrong way. She means well, but she's the mother hen from nightmares. Are you going to need clothes when you change forms?"

Lydon motion to his bag where he kept his clothes and Njoine's boy clothes. He really how no clue on how big or small Brontes would be.

Alexdria embraced Raktagh like when they were little. "Your alive. I thought you were dead." she looked him in the eyes and saw he was upset almost angry. "What?" she asked inocently.

Raktagh didn't know what to say, he just found his life-long friend, but he didn't know what to do. She was his friend but she was a Rebel. "I protected myself from your fire by making an earth shield. But not before I got burnt." he rolled up his sleeve to reveal a burn going from his hand to his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Raktagh. I couldn't stop." she was hurt when he said it was her fire and it seemed he didn't care if she was upset about it. "What happened to your eye?" she asked after noticing his scar.

"My brother. He was a rebel and..." he looked at the ground hiding the tears that came up. "He tried to fight me but...I had to win." He pushed his brother out of his mind and focused on what he had to say. "I heard you, after the fire in the barn. I thought it was a heat dream, turns out I was wrong."((next post))

"It was no trouble. It was the least I could do. It's what friends are for, right? 'Sides you might not be aware but Njoine already considers you one of hers, now. Don't take that the wrong way. She means well, but she's the mother hen from nightmares. Are you going to need clothes when you change forms?" Brontes laughed to himself, it was nice that Nijoine had accepted him but he could easily imagine her being like an over protective parent. He was suprised Lydon would call him his freind, he had always thought Lydon would never really like him much or at all.

"Yeah I guess I would need some clothes, I actually forgot. Thankyou for the offer". Brontes trotted towards a bag Lydon motioned to, he paused when he realised he would have to shift first. He stood there for a moment, he wasn't quite sure how to shift. He concentrated and managed to shift reasnobly easily, the ability was always there. It wasn't what he would've called a pleasent experience, it felt strange as he felt his body change. After returning to his human form he quickly rooted through the bag and put on some of Lydons clothes, they were the right size. He was a similar size and height to Lydon. Putting on clothes was rather akward in his oppinion, it took him a while to put the T-shirt on the right way round. He picked out a plain white T-shirt that he wore an open black jacket over, faded blue jeans and trainers. He was pleased with his appearance.

"Well I guess we should go then". He started to head towards the city, he stumbled and had to steady himself. He decided to walk at a slower pace and watched where he was stepping, he wobbeled slightly. "Sorry I might slow us down a bit, I feel unbalanced walking on two legs" He said dryly.

Well this is going to be fun...

Edited by Racoonthief

She couldn't belive his brother was a Rebel but what was worse, was knowing Raktagh was Dracona Rosela. "You heard. What did you here?" she asked slowly and gravly. They couldn't be enemys, never. But it looked that way.

"Your a Rebel. Aren't you?" It was more of a statement than an acctual question. He didn't want to be enemys, but you couldn't dicide other peoples fates or choices.

"Yes." she croaked "I am." If they were going to be enemys then she wasn't going to back down. She sudenly felt very good about the side she was on. "And there is nothing you can do to change my mind."

Raktagh nodded slowly. He didn't want this to happen but it was to late. "So be it." he said almost in a whisper. He drew his sword and in the silence, the sound of the hissing leather was deffening, and the sword it self seemed to make noise as it sliced through the air, toward Alex's shoulder.

((That's what pain killers are for, sugar. Thanks for the sentiment though. Doc says I'll be on bed rest for another two and a half weeks and then I can use my crutches till my ankle can take the wait. So it's all good.^.^))

Lydon turned back to Brontes when the wolf now human shape spoke. He nodded to Brontes when began heading to the city and put a hand on the other male's elbow to help steady him. "It's no trouble. Sides you should have seen the time Njoine finally got back into her human form after being stuck as a Leopard for eleven months. She couldn't walk properly either."

Lydon guided Brontes to where he'd seen the others go. He hoped he found them easily if not then they'd have to wait for Njoine to find them. That'd take her about an hour if she fed like he assumed she would. He almost pitied whatever scum she found. They'd wake with a head and a memory of a pissed off female stopping the crime they were going to commit. It didn't help that their pride would be crushed, because getting your butt kicked by a woman who only came up to youchest was a pride stomper.

Aro ran ahead of Isabelle and watched the entire thing between Raktagh. So they had been friends like Isabelle and I? THis is just to good to be true. he laughed but when he saw the sword bearing down on Alex, he went human and withdrew his own firesword to keep it from cutting into the girl. The clang of metal told him that he had connected to Raktagh's sword. He pushed Alex out of the way and made sure he held Raktagh's gaze.

Isabelle had trotted the way there and nearly trampled Alex when she saw her. "Evil wretch!" she cried out and started to use her hooves on the young girl.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

John lead the way into the hotel and up the stairs to their room. "As far as I know, it's jsut Crystal, Kiro, Me, Ekwueme and Isabelle...but she seems to be with someone else right now so I don't know how things are going to work out." With sudden force, he leaned against the wall. Ekwueme quickly stepped to his friends side and searched his eyes then sighed. he knew what he had seen. "We have to get to Kiro...now." he murmered and searched the halls. He found the room and knocked politely on the door before coming in his face distraught. John walked in behind him and sat on the couch trying to keep himself from shaking.

"Is everything okay?" Njoine looked at Ekwueme and John in concern. She contemplated grabbing a blood pack but she doubted Crystal would want to see it and Njoine wanted to make sure the others were going to be okay. She was at a loss of who to stay by. She looked between the twoand settled on moving next to John. Deciding it'd be better to be away from the door if a human came to it. Silently she cursed her need to mother everyone. It did make her care but it also put her at a diadvantage. In the end, Njoine figured if she had to she could use a few more blood pack to sate her hunger. Or worse eat human food. "I can put off my hunt if you guys need me to."

Brontes was thankful when Lydon put a hand on his elbow to support him, it made it a lot (two words, not one) easier not to topple over. "It's no trouble. 'Sides you should have seen the time Njoine finally got back into her human form after being stuck as a Leopard for eleven months. She couldn't walk properly either." Nijoine always seemed to be graceful, her actions were always swift so he found It difficult to imagine Nijoine being uncoordinated. Lydon guided him towards the city presumebly going the way he had seen the others go, he could just about see foot prints in the mud. He noticed his senses were slightly dulled as a human, not dramaticly but he detected a slight difference.

"I guess you and Nijoine must've been through a lot, I mean you've been together for so long. I can understand why, Nijoine is good company as are you. I'm not used to travelling with others...this will definitely be a new experience for me"

Edited by Racoonthief

Kiro looked over the group as they came into the room. "What's going on?" He said as he stood and looked out the door and down both ends of the hall. No one was following them so he shut the door and turned to the others questioningly. "What has happened John?" He knew the young wolf had seen something.

"I guess you and Nijoine must've been through a lot, I mean you've been together for so long. I can understand why, Nijoine is good company as are you. I'm not used to travelling with others...this will definitely be a new experience for me"

"Don't worry to much. She's as out of the water as you almost. She's rarely arround two or more people. Normally, it's just me." Lydon held the door as they walked into the inn. he spoke a moment to the person at the counter before leading Brontes in the direction they had told him. "She's graceful most of the time, but not when she's overly hungry. Like she is right now. I mean she has great control. Hence I'm still alive and dear god she has me babling like her."

(( My Unapproved RP I JUST made!!Dragon Racers))

Raktagh growled at Aro and started sword fighting with him. He tripped Aro by raising parts of the ground up, and then bounced Aro's sword into his other hand using the same technique. He pointed both swords at his throat and looked into his eyes. His yellow-green eyes burned with anger for Alexdria, but he decided to take it out on Aro.

Alexdria hissed and dodge her hooves, but one landed on her leg that she was sure was already broken. She screamed and Vuelasor flew over and held her head proudly and her purple eyes blazed as she stared at Isabelle. The fire Alex gave to the dragon must have made her grow, because she was now the size of a large horse. She roared at Isabelle and linked mentally to her. "Leave my rider alone." she growled in Isabelle's mind.