RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

"I didn't know there was a difference, I had assumed that someone who was able to turn into a wolf was a werewolf. How can you tell them apart?"

"There is a difference. I don't know all the differencesand how to tell them apart or even that many, really. What I do know for certian, is that a werewolf can make another werewolf. I think you can be born one, too." Njoine paused a moment trying to remember her lessons from her childhood." I think they can, anyway. However, with a shifter of any kind they has to be born a shifter. I can't make a human into a Leopard changer by scratching, but a wereleopard could.

At least if I remember, right. I could be wrong though," Njoine winced. She was disconcerted with how little she remembered from her lessons. Granted it had been a long time since she took them, but it was alarming how much she had forgotten over time.

Lydon watched as Njoine scented the air, wondering what she would do if they had to turn him into something not human. Njoine wouldn't be able to do it, but Lydon might. So, my options might come down to dying or werewolf? I'd prefer wolf to vampire, but I like being human. But being a werewolf would let me keep up with 'Oine better.

He decided to watch her and see if anything was wrong. He knew she was hungry again, as she hadn't had a full meal in several days. He'd have to remind her soon. He liked his neck intact thank you very much. Although, he was curious as to how easily she seemed to have forgotten.

Edited by Mijikoi

"There is a difference. I don't know all the differences and how to tell them apart or even that many, really. What I do know for certian, is that a werewolf can make another werewolf. I think you can be born one, too." Brontes knew he hadn't been scratched by a werewolf and his parents had died when he was 14, had they been werewolves? ." I think they can, anyway. However, with a shifter of any kind they have to be born a shifter. I can't make a human into a Leopard changer by scratching, but a wereleopard could. At least if I remember, right. I could be wrong though,". He barely heard Nijoine as the memories of his parents death flooded back to him, he didn't remember the last time he had seen them. He just remembered seeing two ambulances and police cars surronding his home, his sister crying. "My parents died when I was 14, maybe they were werewolves just hadn't told me and I don't think I was bitten. I'm guessing you were thinking of turning Lydon into a werewolf?"

He could be unstable when he first turned, well I was anyway. Besides I'm not sure if Lydon would give up his humanity so easily...

Edited by Racoonthief

"My parents died when I was 14, maybe they were werewolves just hadn't told me and I don't think I was bitten. I'm guessing you were thinking of turning Lydon into a werewolf?"

"It's possible. And yes, I was thinking about having Lydon changed if it came to choosing death or the change. Since I can't turn him into a vampire, being a halfbreed. At least, I don't think I could, never really tried." Njoine replied, sparing Lydon a glance."It's the only time I won't give him a choice. I'd rather he hate me then be dead."

"It does help I always wanted to be able to turn into an animal, but Njoine, if we do have a choice I'd like to stay human for another year." Lydon spoke up, from where he walked behind Njoine. "I don't want be human forever but a bit longer."

"It's possible. And yes, I was thinking about having Lydon changed if it came to choosing death or the change. Since I can't turn him into a vampire, being a halfbreed. At least, I don't think I could, never really tried." Brontes nodded in understanding, it made sense. Just looking at Lydon made him seem fragile and vunrable. He guessed he must feel pretty useless with running as his only option if they ever get in a dangerous situation. "It's the only time I won't give him a choice. I'd rather he hate me then be dead." He wondered if Lydon would hate him if he had to bite him, he didn't want it to be forced upon Lydon. Being a werewolf wasn't nessecarily bad, he just had been alone when he had changed and confused. He would have Nijoine and himself, it would be different.

"It does help I always wanted to be able to turn into an animal, but Njoine, if we do have a choice I'd like to stay human for another year." Brontes could understand why Lydon wouldn't want to become a werewolf if he had a choice, if he had said yes it would be almost...unhuman. "I don't want be human forever but a bit longer." Lydon walked behind Nijoine almost like he was trying to shield himself from Brontes, Lydon always seemed slightly uncomfortable near him.

Perhaps Lydon is nervous around me? I wonder how he'll take being exposed to the group of supposed rebels we've come across.

"I was wondering what the old clan and rebels you keep mentioning are, I've never come across the term before"

John followed Kiro's example except he accidentally went full wolf. "Great." he grumbled but stood beside his Alpha's side with Ekwueme brandishing a hardened ball of water that could kill with one shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Isabelle laughed and smiled as she followed Raktagh's lead without any problems. He was the one that her father had used to teach her how to dance so how could she not be comfortable with him leading her? "Raktagh, I missed you so much." she muttered and kissed his cheek as they moved about the raindrops in perfect time.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aro mimicked Alex with a slightly miffed voice as he saw her talking to her boss. "Yah...I do. The bad side may not be the bad side at all...and uh...so can i come?" he asked relinquishing his hold on his own fire bolts.

"I was wondering what the old clan and rebels you keep mentioning are, I've never come across the term before"

Yeah, you never did tell me the whole story, Njoine.” Lydon piped in.

Njoine sighed and nodded. “I don’t know the whole story and what I do know I was told by my parents. Mind you, that was a really long time ago so some of it is fuzzy. Anyway, there are two groups that I know of. The first group is the DraconaRosella, whom are advocates for peace and the lives of humans. They kept peace in our world under the rule of the queen, Camilla. Most everyone loved them. My family clan did before my mother died. I claim to be neutral, but if the heir to the DraconaRosella is found he becomes my leader.

“Problems cropped up when a group, calling themselves Rebels of Blood, decided they didn’t like Camilla’s reign or how she handled the humans and killed her. Now skip some centuries and we’re trying to find her descendant.” Njoine’s tone was matter of fact as she summarized the past. “The DraconaRosella and I agree that the heir is best kept alive and allowed to take his or her place as leader. The Rebels, not so much. Which is why, I will join the clan if needed or if the heir is found. If they aren’t then I remain neutral.”

Njoine moved closer to where she had heard the voice asking who she was. She really did hope it was the clan. The gypsy had told her the heir would be found soon, and that gypsy had not been wrong in the last twenty years Njoine had known her. Njoine just hoped she hadn’t been this time. It’d be nice to have a home again.

((UM, If Njoine got anything wrong in her recounting, it's because she doesn't have a completely clear recounting of what happened.))

Edited by Mijikoi

He smiled and kissed her back. "I missed you too, maybe more than you'll ever know." he replied and kissed her again. Gilderox barked again and tugged on his mud-staind torn up cargo pants. "Again with the biting?" Gilderox replied by shaking his pants. "Ok, ok. Isabelle I'm sorry but, would you like to go on a walk in the rain with me?." He would take her hand and follow Gilderox if she said yes. If she said no....Well, he didn't know what he'd do.

Alexdria put out her fireballs and pretended to keep talking to Mr. Rawver. "Oh....my well, Yes? Ok. Oh yes that will be fun. He can play with fire like myself, he can also shift into a dog." fireballs appeared in her hands again as she nodded gravely. She sighed and acted semi-disappointed. "Good bye Mr.Rawver, yes I will." she said, she knew that she had to make sure he was at least good enough to "play" with and be a bit of a challenge at the same time. That's why she was going to all this trouble. "Well that's a shame, I thought he'd at least let you be his servant. But as usual, he likes to make sure I can still fight. So I'm not really sorry about this." She launched a fireball at him then immediately threw the next one, making sure it would clip him on the shoulder. Vuelasor slashed her claws at him and tried to distract him while her partner, who had just shifted into a fire fox, wiped him with her tail.

Isabelle smiled and hugged him. "I would say I missed you more, but i don't want to argue right now." she said and took his hand. "I think a walk would lovely." She said and waited for him to lead the way as she petted Gilderox's head.

Aro smirked and absorbed her fire balls easily through his skin and then redirected them at Vuelasor with such ferocity that it should burn through the tender membranes of the dragons wings. Once aiming them and flinging them at Vuelasor, he turned To Alex and lept at her as a dog and knocked her to the ground fire brimming at his teeth and ready to pour into her very eyes.

"I'm Njoine Sakimi and my companions are a human, Lydon Black, and a wolf, Brontes."

Kiro heard Njoine and nodded. Sakimi he knew was an old Snow Leapard family, they were DraconaRosella during peace time, but when the queen died they disapeared like so many others. He wondered if this Sakimi was of the same family, and if she was would she be a DraconaRosella supporter? He then howled out as loud as he could, "I am Kiro Cavello, of the Dracona Army. Are you and your companions supporters or Rebels, Njoine Sakimi?" He asked cautiously.

Crystal walked over and held the clawed hand of Kiro and lay her other hand on John's back, petting him as they awaited Njoine's answer. Kiro looked down at Crystal and knew that if they were Rebels then they would have to get her out of there fast.

John's tail wagged slightly at the touch of Crystal's hand and his hackles lowered and growling eased down slightly. With her touch, he came to realize something. She was more kind than others and her attitude seemed to be one of resignation at times. He gently pressed her mind with his asking for a mental conversation.

Ekwueme still held his water ball as he waited for the leader of their group to asses the situation and give orders. Ekwueme could be a very militaristic being when he had to be especially when it came to one who had fought with DraconRosella's army.

Crystal felt something pressing on her mind, and knew someone wanted to speak with her. She wasn't quite sure how to let someone in that wasn't bonded like her dragon so she mentally spoke to Artorious who showed her how to open her mind. Once done she and Artorious let John in. "Yes?" she asked cautiously. She wasn't sure who it was at first.

John proceeded cautiously because he didn't know if she knew who he thought she was. "Crystal right? Are you the descendant?" he asked his mental voice softer than his actual voice and showing all the kindness that he truly had

"Yeah, you never did tell me the whole story, Njoine.” Brontes was suprised Nijoine had never told Lydon, maybe it wasn't important before? How long had it been since Nijoine had encountered Rebels? He listened to Nijoine explain the Rebels of blood and the DraconaRosella with interest, it had never really occured to him that there might've been a ruler for those who were not compleatly human.

I guess that would mean I'm currently neutrel, I suppose I would side more with the Dracona Rosella however.

“The DraconaRosella and I agree that the heir is best kept alive and allowed to take his or her place as leader. The Rebels, not so much. Which is why, I will join the clan if needed or if the heir is found. If they aren’t then I remain neutral.” He agreed with Nijoine, he didn't want to be involved but he wouldn't let the Rebels gain control either. A voice rang out through the trees, a response. "I am Kiro Cavello, of the Dracona Army. Are you and your companions supporters or Rebels, Njoine Sakimi?" Brontes was relieved he wasn't a rebel, he relaxed slightly and sighed in relief.

I'm guessing that means those travelling with...Kiro must not be rebels, unless they have any prisonors which I doubt. He must also be the leader. I wonder why they're gathered here, had they detected the descendant?

Brontes thought it would be wise to let Nijoine reply and waited for her response.

Edited by Racoonthief

Crystal was confused "Yes I'm Crystal, but I don't know about the... decendant." Artorious entered his own mind further into the conversation, "She is dragon." was all he said. Crystal looked back at Artorious who’s head was poked out of the pack she had on. “I’m not a dragon, Artorious.” she thought mentally to him. He then nodded his head. She gave him one more funny look before looking back at John. "I'm just Crystal, an ordinary girl."

John caught the meaning of what the little dragon had said. "Dracona Rosella...Dragon Rose...he knows it but I don't understand why you don't" he said and looked up at her with his deep sea green eyes that stayed that way even in his wolf form. "He means that you are the descendant of DraconRosella. The protector, I think, and rightful ruler of the "magical" realm. Shifter, Elementals all of us...you ancestor protected us and ruled over us and we used to live in harmony with the humans....you know all of that right?" he asked his mental voice starting to become excited.

Njoine's eyes widened at Kiro's status as a member of the Dracona army. She had thought the army had disbanded and that she'd not hear of them. Njoine coughed to clear her throat. "I suport neither the Clan nor the Rebels. My loyalty goes to the Heir or not at all. My companions don't know enough about the war to choose a side and remain nuetral. I do believe they'd fight the rebels though, Sir Kiro."

She prayed that'd be enough to gain acceptance from the militiaman if not, then she'd not be getting help or allowed to help the Descendant. She knew that she and her father would fight against each other sooner or later and if they didn't she'd have to warn them about her father joining the Rebels. Turning her head to Brontes, Njoine spoke, "If they don't let us meet them will head to the city. If I can I need to feed and I have to restock on my blood packets. After that we can avoid the cities for a couple of weeks."

Lydon tried listening for the voice Njoine was hearing and found himself unable to hear it. Sometimes he really disliked being human. He did find he aggreed with Njoine about the city. With how much blood she'd needed the last couple of weeks it would be neccessary. "I can stay with Brontes in the forest, while you go feed and restock. I imagine a wolf in the city would cause a stir."

"Dracona Rosella...Dragon Rose...he knows it but I don't understand why you don't" he said and looked up at her with his deep sea green eyes that stayed that way even in his wolf form. "He means that you are the descendant of DraconRosella. The protector, I think, and rightful ruler of the "magical" realm. Shifter, Elementals all of us...you ancestor protected us and ruled over us and we used to live in harmony with the humans....you know all of that right?" he asked his mental voice starting to become excited.

Crystal took in what John was saying. She thought about it for a moment before looking up at Kiro and at everyone else around her. Things started clicking into place peice by peice. Why would everyone risk their lives for a human girl, that they barely knew? Sure they might fight, but their lives were more important than to risk it on some human. She suddenly felt unsteady as he knees wobbled under her. He held on to the wolves on either side of her to steady herself. Artorious poked his head out and nudged her side gently. "You ok?" he asked her. She nodded her head.

________

"I suport neither the Clan nor the Rebels. My loyalty goes to the Heir or not at all. My companions don't know enough about the war to choose a side and remain nuetral. I do believe they'd fight the rebels though, Sir Kiro."

Kiro heard Njoine's words. He shifted back to his human form and yelled back to the little group, "Come then friends. We are headed towards the town to get some rooms and food. Join us on our quest to return the dragon to the throne." He smiled until he felt Crystal get a little wobbley. He looked down and noticed that she had paled. He then looked at the little dragon and John. He entered John's mind to see if he had missed something. Once he knew what had happened he squated down next to Crystal. "You are the decendant, but we wont force you to do anything you don't want to. We just need to prove that you are alive. You can appoint someone else once we are with the elders if you wish.

Crystal nodded and hugged Kiro's neck. He then picked her up and held her in his arms. She was tired and the knews of being the decendant was a shock to her. Sleep overcame her and she drifted off in his arms. Kiro held the little girl and watched for the newcomers to arrive.

John shifted human also and watched Crystal's face. Did you know all this time? he asked Kiro mentally his green eyes searching that of his Alpha's. He looked back to where the group would be coming from as he awaited an answer his mind whirling with joy and relief that there was a descendant.

Kiro nodded, "Yes I knew. I could smell it on her the first time I met her, but we weren't sure if she was ready to know." He looked down. "It is done now, and it needed to be done eventually." He stepped forward and patted John on the back. "Sorry I didn't warn you, about her not knowing." He then looked forward and held the girl awaiting an answer from Njoine.

"Come then friends. We are headed towards the town to get some rooms and food. Join us on our quest to return the dragon to the throne."

"I thank you, Sir Kiro. We'll be there shortly." The relpy was given quickly. Njoine began to shift into her two-legged form, before leading the two males in a fast pace toward Kiro and his company. She felt it would be wiser to be humanish and explain her shifting rather then be stuck as a leopard so as to not startle anyone. She knew this pace would be hard on Lydon, but Njoine didn't like how easily the rebels could find them now. "Sorry, Lydon. You can rest when we reach them."

Lydon rolled his eyes as he ran as fast as he could after Njoine. He did find it embarassing to be outrun by a girl over a foot shorter then himself. He did, however, understand Njoine's urgency. She didn't like the risk she put him in and was trying to minimize any further risk. Tonight was proving more and more interesting by the hour.

((Sorry for any grammar mistakes, i'm being rather lazy today))

"I suport neither the Clan nor the Rebels. My loyalty goes to the Heir or not at all. My companions don't know enough about the war to choose a side and remain nuetral. I do believe they'd fight the rebels though, Sir Kiro." Brontes nodded in agreement, he gussed Lydon would side against the rebels if Nijoine did. He hoped they would except them, he guessed they would welcome all the help they could get.

I wonder if there are any humans in their group otherwise Lydon will be the only one. I have a feeling he might spend most of time shielded behind Nijoine

"If they don't let us meet them will head to the city. If I can I need to feed and I have to restock on my blood packets. After that we can avoid the cities for a couple of weeks." Brontes was pleased, he hadn't been a city for a long time and the idea of being around so many people made him feel a little anxious. Besides he normally hunted in the forest, he wasn't sure if he could eat any human food. "I can stay with Brontes in the forest, while you go feed and restock. I imagine a wolf in the city would cause a stir." It had slipped his mind that a wolf in a city would definatly be out of place, he could change to his human form...

I'm not sure what I should do, I havn't returned to my human form for quite some time and I would definatly be uncordinated. It's nice of Lydon to offer though, it suprises me that he would be ok with staying alone with me.

"Come then friends. We are headed towards the town to get some rooms and food. Join us on our quest to return the dragon to the throne." He gussed it was kiro who had spoken.

Return thedragonto throne? Does that mean the decendant shapeshifts into a dragon? Perhaps it was just a figure of speech I mean it couldn't be real...could it?

"I thank you, Sir Kiro. We'll be there shortly." Nijoine answered quickly and with no warning shifted to her human form and began to move at a fast pace, he was able to keep up but it was obvious Lydon might struggle. Brontes kept his pace just behind Nijoine. He was excited, curious and nervous. He was interested to find out more about the rebels, the DraconaRosella and the decendant, he was however nervous about being in a such a large group.

Edited by Racoonthief

Njoine sent a glance to Brontes and Lydon to check and see how well they were keeping up . As she had expected, Brontes kept up easily and Lydon managed. She was pleased when they came with in range of her being able to make out the shapes of the group ahead. She spoted a human male, a wolf and what she assumed was another human. She couldn't yet see the other cat, but the feeling this was it's group hadn't left her. When she felt she was close enough to the group, Njoine slowed to a slow jog so as not to startle anyone. She did rather like her body in one piece. As she approached the Crinos, she stopped and gave a bow. "Hello. As I said, I'm Njoine Sakimi, and these are my companions, Brontes and Lydon."

Behind Njoine, Lydon flopped to the ground as he panted for breathe. Njoine had gone fast then the human had anticipated, leaving him with numb legs and breatheless. Njoine giggled at him and collected a cantine of water for him to use. Lydon took it greatfully, only slightly disturbed at being in the company of two wolves. Lydon sat up and looked at the group then to Njoine and Brontes. He'd let them decide what to do, hoping that it didn't envolve running for a while. Njoine simply waited for a response from anyone before her.

Edited by Mijikoi

((Kiro has shifted to human.))

Kiro could see the group comeing closer. He held Crystal carefully in his arms. Her head lay over his left shoulder. His black hair matched that of Crystal's. To anyone that didn't know it would seem that he was holding his little sister. To him it felt almost like he was holding a daughter. Someone he needed to protect no matter what. He looked over at Morana and gave her an encouraging smile. She would probably be hating the fact that more were joining them. He then looked back forward to Njoine and her companions.

"Hello. As I said, I'm Njoine Sakimi, and these are my companions, Brontes and Lydon."

Kiro nodded, "I am Kiro. This is Crystal." He then heard a squeak as the dragon hatchling poked his head out of the pack he was in. "And thats Artorious." The hatchling gave a toothy grin. "Crystal and her bonded dragon are very important. She is the descendant that everyone is trying to get their claws on, and we have to get her back to the elders safely. For now though we just need to get to town where she and everyone else can rest."

Edited by RavynWolf

Brontes slowed to a jog when Nijoine did and matched her pace, he came to a halt before Nijoine preferring to keep his distance. He was cautious and studied the people with interest, a human caught his attention, he was holding another human in his arms. He nodded when Nijoine introduced him, his gaze fixated on the male. She bowed in greeting.

He seems to be the leader, hes presumebly Kiro. His scent is mixed with that of what I guess to be a wolf, very similar to mine. Perhaps hes a werewolf...

Lydon collapsed near him gasping for breath, clearly exhausted. Nijoine handed him a cantine that he took gratefully. Brontes turned his attenton back to Kiro as he introduced himself, "I am Kiro. This is Crystal." There was a slight squeak before a small creature poked it's head over Kiro shoulder, it was in a pack. It grinned displaying it's teeth, it was strange Brontes had never seen such a creature."And thats Artorious. Crystal and her bonded dragon are very important. She is the descendant that everyone is trying to get their claws on, and we have to get her back to the elders safely. For now though we just need to get to town where she and everyone else can rest."

Adragon, a real dragon? So they've found the decendant. I wonder if it can breathe fire or fly yet...

He stared at the curious dragon in awe, it was amazing. He approached closer trying to get a better look at the dragon. "It's nice to meet you all. Thankyou for accepting us into your group" He spoke cooly directing his statement at Kiro.

"I am Kiro. This is Crystal. And thats Artorious. Crystal and her bonded dragon are very important. She is the descendant that everyone is trying to get their claws on, and we have to get her back to the elders safely. For now though we just need to get to town where she and everyone else can rest."

"It's nice to meet you all. Thankyou for accepting us into your group" Brontes spoke cooly, causing Njoine to glance at Brontes. She knew she at the least needed to go to the ciy, but she was aware that Brontes wouldn't like the idea. Then the part about the girl, Crystal, being the descendant kicked into Njoine's thoughts. Without actually thinking she dropped to a smooth bow her father had demanded she learn. The ingrained reaction had startled herself and Lydon. She would follow the descendant through fire in honor of her mother, she just hadn't realised how much she had meant that vow on her mother's grave until now.

"I will do anything to assist the heir." Njoine spoke firmly. " I how ever need to take sure Lydon and Brontes are taken care of. I will also need to tend to somethings."

Lydon placed a hand on Njoine's shoulder when she straightened. She trembled slightly under his hand. It seemed Njoine hadn't been as prepared for this as he thought. She had once told him that this had been her mother's only goal, to find the future ruler and protect them as they falied to do for Queen Camilla.

Lydon heard the hesitance in Njoine's voice as she spoke gain. "You are certian she is the one, Sir Kiro? And that she is safe from the rebels?"