RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

"Your welcome." Artorious looked at the wolf who was trying to look at him. He climbed out of the pack and down Kiro's leg to the ground. He squeaked once more and sat down on his haunches in front of Brontes. Kiro nodded, "I knew Queen Camilla personally. I know their scent, it is... unique." He then looked down at the girl in his arms. "She is Camilla's Descendant, and she is safe enough with me." He stated as he looked back up at Njoine.

Edited by RavynWolf

"Your welcome. I knew Queen Camilla personally. I know their scent, it is... unique. She is Camilla's Descendant, and she is safe enough with me."

Njoine sighed in relief. She glanced at the dragon with a smile. It was good to see one that wasn't a painting. Njoine looked around at each indiviual in the group, offering them an unsure smile. "If you have any need of aid from me or mine, I'll offer it as head of the Sakimi Clan."

Njoine refrained from shifting into her leopard form to memorise the scent of the girl in Kiro's arms. She did do her best to do so while in her current form. As it was, Njoine managed to familiarize herself with the girl's heartbeat. Njoine looked at Lydon, only to find the teenager staring at Brontes and the dragon. He still had a long way to before he was a true part of her world, but he had an advantage over most humans. Njoine turned back to Kiro. "Anything you or she need, Sir Kiro?"

"You're welcome." Kiro responded. The dragon noticed Brontes was looking at him and clambered out of the pack then to the ground, he seemed to be comming towards him. Brontes paused, he didn't want to startle the dragon so instead waited until it stopped infront of him. It sqwarked and sat on it's haunches. He sat down too and sniffed at it curiously, he was fascinated.

"I will do anything to assist the heir." Njoine spoke firmly. "I how ever need to take sure Lydon and Brontes are taken care of. I will also need to tend to somethings." Brontes nodded absent mindly, he was hungry and needed to hunt. He would prefer not to come into the city but he didn't know how long they wanted to stay, he would return to his human form if Kiro and the others preffered. "I will also do anything I can to protect and assist the heir"

I don't know much about the rebels and the DraconaRosella but whats right and wrong is obvious, the human world would spiral into downfall as would ours if the hier was killed. The rebels would take over and I would imagine they would kill those who would still side with the DraconaRosella.

"You are certian she is the one, Sir Kiro? And that she is safe from the rebels?" Nijoine asked, she sounded hesitant. Brontes continued to examine the dragon with curiousty, he tried to imagine how big the dragon might grow to.

How would you hide a dragon once it is so big? I wonder if I can communicate with it...

((I kind of feel sorry for Lydon being caught up in the middle of all this tongue.gif))

Edited by Racoonthief

Kiro smiled, "Only rest." He looked down at the little dragon. "You can walk until we get to town. Everyone else go to human form so we can get some rooms." He turned around and began walking towards town.

Artorious looked back at Kiro. He growled in frustration at the thought of getting back in the pack.

Njoine nodded. She motioned to Lydon to stand. Hopefully the pace would be easy. Her human was lacking in sleep and food. The run to meet with Kiro and Crystal, hadn't helped him any. Add to that, Njoine was not able to see to his comfort as she usually would and you had a very poor spirited Lydon. Taking her pack from Lydon Njoine set about putting her hair into a sloppy bun. She sighed at the loss of her braid, but to appear human it was a neccessity. Stupid vampire and shifter genes. Blood born, it'd be easier if I was human turned.

Once her hair was arranged, Njoine put on the dirty black haired wig before digging out a pair of colored contacts. She hated these the most, but Njoine had yet to come across a red eyed human and this way would be easier then claiming something human's found outlandish. Njoine handed the contacts to Lydon, recalling the last time she had tried to put them in. Needless to say, it'd taken a few weeks for her eye to heal properly.

Taking care not to lose the contacts, Lydon put the contacts in Njoine's eyes with practised skill. She still looked unnatral, but it was less visible with the dark green eyes and black hair. Turning to Kiro, Njoine flashed the man a fanged smile. She knew that Kiro had to have seen stranger things then a vampire.

"Well, do I look human?" Njoine questioned Lydon, Kiro and Brontes. She was uncertian as to how the other's in Crystal's and Kiro's group would take to her and her male companions, so she let them have their quiet. Looking to Lydon and Brontes, Njoine remembered her earlier worry. "Um, Lydon will probably stay with Brontes in the woods, if Brontes feels too uncomfortable. Would that cause you a problem? I mean I know I have to go to the city, but I don't want to abandon Brontes or leave her Highness."

"You can walk until we get to town. Everyone else go to human form so we can get some rooms." Artorious looked back at Kiro and grumbled, Brontes guessed he didn't want to go back into the pack. He laughed quietly, he thought the dragon was rather cute. He watched Nijoine arrange her hair and then Lydon put her green contacts in, she looked slightly unatural but he doubted a human would notice. "Well, do I look human?" Nijoine asked. "Human enough" He replied.

"Um, Lydon will probably stay with Brontes in the woods, if Brontes feels too uncomfortable. Would that cause you a problem? I mean I know I have to go to the city, but I don't want to abandon Brontes or leave her Highness."

I don't want to be awkward, I could change into my human form...

"I could shift to my human form if you would prefer, I would most likely be uncoordinated but I guess I can't stay in my wolf form forever. I would like to hunt before returning to a city though."

Edited by Racoonthief

((and I thought I posted fast...))

Gilderox stopped at the edge of a clearing and raised his hackles((Which only made him look cuter))and growled. Raktagh looked where he was facing and saw a dog with fire coming out of his mouth and a little fox made of fire pinned down by him.

Alexdria had him right where she wanted him. She absorbed ALL of his fire and was suddenly the size of a very large wolf. "And you thought you were winning." She teased. She got hotter and hotter till the air around her seemed to be fire. The trees burst into fire and everything else, she immediately cooled down and everything went out. She shifted to human, but with her extra fire she looked like a demon. Her eyes and hair were made of fire while she had a layer of it all over her. She started to control the embers she had created, she knew for a fact that you couldn't absorb a solid, fire was a gas but embers were hot pieces of wood. She then threw them at him like a spear, it was difficult but she was trained to do this.

________

Raktagh watched as the little fox grew and heated up. He thought he recognized something about it, but he pushed the thought aside when his eyes started to dry up after running out of liquid. And when he couldn't stand it anymore the heat dissipated and the fox shifted. Then Raktagh stared with amazement at Alexdria. He was positive it was her, then he saw his necklace and thoughts, questions, accusations, and everything else went through his head.

((I have no life beyond work and school. And I'm currently on bed rest. So, yeah.))

"I could shift to my human form if you would prefer, I would most likely be uncoordinated but I guess I can't stay in my wolf form forever. I would like to hunt before returning to a city though."

"If you like, Lydon and I can help you should you decide to go to the city with us." Njoine offered. Njoine didn't like going back on her word, but she found herself in a state off doing so with in a few hours of making a promise to Brontes. It really didn't sit well with her. She looked to Kiro and Lydon to see if they would help Brontes, too. Lydon simply nodded, letting Njoine know he'd go with whatever Njoine wanted.

Kiro nodded in agreement with Brontes. "The humans probably wont even notice." Then he looked at Brontes. "You may hunt, but make it quick." He then looked over the wolf, "We will help you with your coordination. I can even work with you once we are in the hotel room. We can practice your... human manners." He then walked on. "I assume you will be able to sniff out our trail. We will wait by the edge of town for you." Artorious hopped along behind Kiro.

Ekwueme watched the others and seemed to be uncomfortable with so many people with such irrational desires and thoughts. he was older than all of them by far except maybe for Kiro. He stood apart from them and watched every movement while staying silent himself. His blue eyes darted around even faster when he heard that Crystal was the descendant. His ebony skin crawled with apprehension of the war that would ensue...

John laughed lightly. "Don't worry...I just never thought I would have lived to see the descendant....it's like a dream come true." he said with a toothy smile. He had tried to hide his wolfish fangs but unfortunately that was the one thing he would never be able to shift back.

Isabelle saw the same and her heart skipped a beat. "Aro." she said breathlessly and watched what was going on.

Aro growled and he absorbed his powers back plus some and quickly dodged the embers and even those that hit him turned to dust. The heat that she was giving off held no burn for him only energy. He absorbed every amount of it as it started to make things flame up but when it was gone, he retained the flame. not as she did though but in his arms they seemed to be very arms of fire. Unlike her, he controlled it and centered the fire in three main areas; his eyes, arms, and stomach so that he could breath fire like a dragon. He quickly ceased all of his fire but held the energy and then absorbed all of hers so quickly that it seemed like she had nothing left. He then dispersed the flames into the air so that they would go out. Now she was fireless and he could grab it from the air.

((soooo, Nijone, Brontes, Lydon and the other one are with the group??))

((why are you on Bed Rest Mijikoi? I hope ur okay!))

(sorry for being gone all day...i went to Old Navy smile.gif ))

((Yeah, Njoine and Lydon finally met up with you guys and poor Brontes got dragged along with them. And the reason I'm on bed rest is because I broke my ankle and dislocated my hip when I went car jumping.>.> It was stupid and i blame the alcohol. So until my hip is healed I'm not allowed to leave my bed. Mostly cause they don't like it when you re dislocate. So, yeah, don't feel bad for me. It was my own fault. I like Old Navy's jeans. Oh, and is John still in wolf form or in human? I tried to be vague so it wouldn't matter which form he was in.>.>))

Njoine looked at Brontes, and spoke softly to the wolf. "I'm going to have Lydon come with me. He'll wait for you at the tree line closest to the city. That way you can hunt without anything holding you back and still have the help you need when you first enter the city. I would go with you but I need to feed. I can find Lydon anywhere, so I'll meet up with you both once I've filled my bag and I've fed properly."

Njoine moved to follow Kiro and Crystal she gave the others once overs. She knew that if she'd been an enemy she wouldn't have survived. To attack such a large group and all of them, non-human, at that. She looked at the wolfish-looking figure next to Kiro. After a moment of studing him Njoine moved on to study the others. Eventually, she came back to Cyrstal and Kiro. Njoine gasped when she realised she may have insulted him earlier. "Sir Kiro, what I said about her being safe, that was no slight meant to you. I merely wanted to know if the Rebels knew of her yet."

Lydon stood next to Brontes waiting to see what he decided. It was moments like this he felt the need to apologise because of the flighty nature of his feminine friend. "It's up to you, Brontes. She's destracted now, but Njoine doesn't abandon her friends. So, don't worry. No matter what you choose, if you want to keep traveling with us, when she gets her head back she stick to you like glue.That is, unless you say otherwise."

((John is in his human form smile.gif And uh...that alcohol can be a mean thang smile.gif ))

John looked back at Njoine and smiled widely. "I don't think anyone can insult Kiro except maybe for the descendant herself." he said with a slight chuckle his emerald green eyes twinkling. He was in his full human form with his now unshiftable wolf canines that hung over his bottom lip slightly when he wasn't smiling or talking.

((Coolness, that means Njoine can talk with him and Kiro and Cyrstal, maybe. And yeah. I am glad we didn't do something worse. Good news I have sworn off alcohol save for special occasions.))

"I don't think anyone can insult Kiro except maybe for the descendant herself."

"I suppose he is a part of the old clan's army. They are fairly unshakeable." Njoine grinned back at John. She started to giggle but stopped abruptly when she noticed how annoying the contacts were. Njoine wound up blinking quite bit to alieviate the irritation. "Bloody blighter. I'll never get used to these things."

Njoine gave John a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I'm a bit hungry. So a lot of stuff annoys me."

Even though she didn't have her own fire didn't mean she still couldn't control it. She took all of the fire in the area and gave it to Vuelasor, who landed at the edge of the clearing. "No fire. Try and fight that way." she said as she readied herself. She was good at this, this newbie had probably never been without fire. She hadn't been in control of it till Vuelasor partnered with her, so she was just getting used to the idea of using fire with out loosing control.

Alexdria couldn't stand loosing so she was trying everything she could to stay a favorite fighter of Mr.Rawver.

Aro grinned. hand to hand was his strength and so was weaponry. A witness to his profession in weaponry was his set of throwing knives around his waist, a bowie knife in his boot, and an old fashioned sword at his hip. On his back was a shotgun and a rifle. He was ready. "your move my dear." he said his voice dripping with frightening venom.

John had to laugh at that. "My best guess is new contacts. Isabelle did that for a while until she decide to just throw them away. And, do you want something to snack on until we get there? I am sure I have some sort of jerky or dried fruits you can have." he said offering her a small parcel that held what was left of his food. he wasn't hungry and hadn't been in days.

"Yes, they're disposable. It's just I wear them so infrequently, I'm not used to them," Njoine told John. When Njoine thought of eating jerky or even fruit she nearly gagged. So, Njoine shooked her head and explained she didn't want to seem rude. "I do apreciate the offer, but I don't eat human food. I haven't in a very long time. I'm sorry. Oh, fang. Almost forgot my manners. I'm Njoine."

((what is Njoine?))

John didn't seem offended at all. "I should have remembered my manners. My name is John. The black man over there is my Pure Water Elemental friend Ekwueme. And uh, what do you eat?" he asked since humans ate just about everything.

((Half vampire, half leopard shifter. She could eat other things, but she's spent so much time amoungst vampire she finds the idea of food repulsive.))

"I should have remembered my manners. My name is John. The black man over there is my Pure Water Elemental friend Ekwueme. And uh, what do you eat?"

Njoine nodded in greeting to Ekwueme, before she laughed at John's question. With a grin Njoine answered, "I don't eat. I live on blood. Most often, it's animal blood or blood packets. Occasionally, I visit humans to feed. I am however careful not to kill and never feed from my companions. And if Miss Crystal demands it of me I'd probably restrict myself to animals."

Njoine paused for a moment, realising that she may have scared the man or anyone else in the group with her admission. She disliked the thought of being forced to leave when she'd finally found the person her mother asked her to look for. With a sigh Njoine waited for John's reaction.

Raktagh saw what was happening and realized Alex had no weapons, while the other guy was covered in them. He then remembered DeloiArget and his bow.

_______

"Your move my dear"

Alex wasn't sure anymore, she had a bad feeling and it came from the sight of that sword. Nonetheless she jumped and shifted to a fox in mid air then skided between his legs, she then jumped towards a tree and pushed off and landed on his back. She nipped and bit and was glad to see blood where she last scratched him.

Isabelle shifted quickly and with such ferocity that she had to have knocked Raktagh over with her wings. She stood in front of him keeping her friend guarded. "Don't do anything....they aren't mortal enemies." she said a tremor in her voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aro did a simple move of backing up hard into a tree and knocking off the small fox. He then spun around, grabbed her fluffy tail and swung her into a tree. "Fight as a human." he said with a bit of maniacal laughter. "It'll be harder for me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John shrugged and smiled yet again. "Doesn't bother me. I mean cummon...I have lived with Aro who has the temper of a really dark vampire with the abilites of a fire elemental and then a dog form...and then there is Ekwueme...and Isabelle...I shouldn't be phased by a vampire." he laughed a little bit and slowed his walking to match the pace of Njoine's

((how do you say her name??))

((Njoine is pronounced NA-yOI-ne. Don't ask me where I got it from. It just kind of popped in my head a few years ago and I've used her a few times since.))

"Doesn't bother me. I mean cummon...I have lived with Aro who has the temper of a really dark vampire with the abilites of a fire elemental and then a dog form...and then there is Ekwueme...and Isabelle...I shouldn't be phased by a vampire."

Njoine giggled in relief. She was very pleased that she hadn't upset anyone so far. Although, she felt a bit bad for Lydon and Brontes. Brontes hadn't shown a fondness for large groups nor cities and now he was in the middle of one and heading to the other. Lydon, on the other hand was further out of his depth as he seemed to be one of the few humans.

"I imagine after so many years of being my companion, my Lydon feels about the same." Njoine sent a fond look to where her human was still next to Brontes. "Between me shifting in to a cat snow leopard and my dieting habits. I doubt that child would know how to be just a human, now. Although, that's neither here nor there. How long have you lot been together?"

Edited by Mijikoi

John thought for a moment. "Well, Aro, Isabelle, Ekwueme and I have been together for around 5 years but we just joined Kiro's group this morning after Aro decided to be a total butt head. I hope he's alive wherever he is." he said and smiled again. "How long have you and Lydon been together?"

Raktagh did get knocked over and his arm landed on a rock, brusing it.

"Don't do anything....they aren't mortal enemys."

He picked himself up and looked at her, now in her dragon-horse form, and wondered how she was sure of that. "Not yet at least." he mummbled uder his breath.

_______

Alexdria didn't know if she should take his advice, or if he just wanted to get her in the right form and in the right spot to get her. She came to a conclusion that he was nuts and decided she should shift. Dispite the pain it caused her she climbed a tree and jumped at Aro shifting into human form right above him. When she landed on him she would yank his sword from its sheath and use it against him.

_____

Raktagh didn't like where this was going, and without Isabelle noticing he pulled one of his blue shafted red feathered arrows from his green quiver and knocked it to his bow, just in case. He wouldn't kill anyone just an arrow through the thigh would work.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. But we've been together for seventeen years." Njoine mummered. "I found him when he was about four. We've been together ever since. Longest I've ever had a human stick around. Normally they want to go back to being normal."

Njoine frowned at the thought of her previous human children. Such beautiful Children they would have made. It was a shame they all like being human so much. Her Lydon would be different. He might not be her Eternal partner, but he'd always be her friend.

Aro knew what Alex was doing by the mere shift in her muscles and her stature. he used the tactic many times himself but before she could land on him in her human form with his human form, he shifted to his dog form and laid hold of her arm in a vice-like grip with his teeth.

Isabelle hissed at Raktagh. "Don't make me do anything i don't want to Raktagh." she said and the threat wasn't an empty one. "That dog is Aro...and..." she searched through Aro's mind. "Alex isn't a good being...she's with the Rebels...and so is he." she said sadly

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

John thought for a moment. "This might be a touchy subject, but do you ever want someone to be with you for forever? Ekwueme told me at one time how he hated being alone since his birth and that he would live on for a long time and would never have someone live as long as himself...it just sounds sad."

Edited by LoveLost