Branndi

Twilight

I LOVE the Twilight Series, have you or are you reading Breaking Dawn? I am really against the movie though, because to I think Edward is the perfect person to each individual and there is no human that can actually look like him so i dunno, the movie kind of blurs the image of the characters and how I pictured them(well to me anyways). I think some people feel this way about the Harry Potter movies also

I just got Breaking Dawn in today, so I am reading it now. So yay for that! It is my goal to finish it today too!

the Twilight series is awesome! i'm requesting it from the library, even though it has a long line.... dry.gif

good luck Branndi! biggrin.gif

I LOVE the Twilight Series, have you or are you reading Breaking Dawn? I am really against the movie though, because to I think Edward is the perfect person to each individual and there is no human that can actually look like him so i dunno, the movie kind of blurs the image of the characters and how I pictured them(well to me anyways). I think some people feel this way about the Harry Potter movies also

I heard the new book is a huge letdown. People are giving it a lot of negative reviews.

I have the Twilight series, and I must say I heard different from the new book. alot of people think its the best. And I am hoping to get it today.

*squirms*

I wanna read it DX

But I have to wait XP

*thinks I'm going to start avoiding this topic soon, just incase of any spoilers that slip in*

I have the Twilight series, and I must say I heard different from the new book. alot of people think its the best. And I am hoping to get it today.

Those people are mostly die-hard fans that love anything that Meyer puts out. That says nothing for the quality of writing.

Edited by Panlah

One of them was a guy friend. He hates reading and he like the last book.

How does that justify anything? I liked the books at one point but grew to hate them. tongue.gif

Everyone I know loves Breaking Dawn lol.

I'm looking forward to the movie, at least it's going to actually be like the book instead of what they did with Blood and Chocolate.

Blood and Chocolate was good if you haddn't read the book. But I read the book and was horrified with the movie.

I like the Twilight Saga. It's got a neat little view on vamps and werewolves, and I like most of the characters. I started out liking Bella, but as close to the end of Eclipse I just sort of lost my repect for her. . .

Thought Eclipse is my favorite of the series so far. Twilight was pretty good, but New Moon was just SOOO boring. The only reason I finished it in a day was because I wanted to get to the end of it and see what happened. . . (Those who have read it will know what I'm talking about, I don't want to post any spoilers. . . )

Then Breaking Dawn. Goodness! It was so not to par in my tally. But it was better than New Moon because it totally had more action and whatnot in it. . . But I finished it slower than New Moon because it was just so. . . So. . . Lame! That's the only way I can think of to explain how I feel about it. . . I'm going to read it again, though, since I'm over the initial shock of all of the developments and such. See if I like it better then. Plus, I've read the other at least twice.

As for the movie, I am so excited! I know a lot of people are complaining about the cast and such, but I could really care less who they casted for the characters so long as they can act. . . Don't care what they look like. I usually watch movies that are based off books with an open mind, pretending like it was never based off a book, though I was really almost disappointed by the 4th Harry Potter Movie. It was good for a movie, but yeah. . . You know.

Anyway. . . I'm usually just happy to see my favorite books made into a movie. See it played out, get faces with the characters and such.

Again, a cult fanbase that loves everything Meyer would put out. The reviews are done by people that analyze the characters, plot points and writing style to create a realistic reconstruction of the talent Meyer really has. Anyone can write a horrible story and gather a fanbase. You see it all the time on Fanfiction.net.

Honestly I'm even repulsed by the movie. The trailer is, in my opinion, horrible. The acting is really a big turn-off, because everything in the trailor alone is a boring monotone.

See the way I'm going with the movie is that as long as Stephenie, the author is happy with the way things are developing, happy with the cast, then I don't see why I, the fan, shouldn't be happy. Their Stephenie's character, her story, and if she's happy, then I'm happy. I'm going to watch the movie and pretend that I've never read the book. . .

Breaking Dawn. . . Ugh. I'm not really sure what happened there. Like she just ran out of ideas and started stuffing in there in to get a book. . . At least, what it was at first glance. . . She might have had this planned out a looong time ago. . . But again, I'm-a read it over to see what I think about it after this shock has warn out.

*Takes a break*

So I am about 300 pages into Breaking Dawn and all I can say is...... ohmy.gif

I am not really too sure what to make of it right now....except maybe.....ooookay. I don't know. I am not really feeling it. Maybe once I read more and get more into it, but yeah....that's all I have to say right now since I don't want to post spoilers for those who haven't read it.

Oh, and Panlah....despite the fact that I love Twilight and am totally obsessed and not afraid to admit it.....I so love you for posting here occassionally and expressing your hatred for the series LOL Mainly because it is actually kind of amusing and like I have said before, I do think you have valid points on certain aspects of the book.

^Yes, it's pretty "out of nowhere", isn't it? I think it seemed like she was suddenly writing another , entirely different, sort of book.

I can't comment too much more, to avoid spoilers. But, yeah....it is quite a departure from the previous books.

I read spoilers on it the night it came out, and literally went "What the hell is this woman thinking?" when I saw them. Honestly, the amount of utter **** she was adding in made me think she wanted to use as many ideas as possible to make an "epic" book.

And I love you too, Branndi. <3

So I am on page 360, which is now switching back from Jacob's point of view to Bella's....and I can do is twitch....

OMG! What was Stephenie thinking?! Has the woman lost her mind? Where is my Twilight that I know and I love?! *Wails*

Oh yeah...the thing with Jacob and the you-know-what (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it but those who have know what I mean).....yeah, so saw it coming.

So I am on page 360, which is now switching back from Jacob's point of view to Bella's....and I can do is twitch....

OMG! What was Stephenie thinking?! Has the woman lost her mind? Where is my Twilight that I know and I love?! *Wails*

Oh yeah...the thing with Jacob and the you-know-what (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it but those who have know what I mean).....yeah, so saw it coming.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Horrible, isn't it? She's completely predictable.

Okay, I'll admit...this first twist I did not see coming and personally, didn't want it to ever happen. When it was revealed, I was just so done for because that killed it completely. I am also made that she has mad me hate Rose all over again just when I was beginning to like her. Maybe she gets better in the rest of the book, I shall find out later, but still....come on!

Panlah, when I lose my mind over this, I am so recruiting you into my mission of taking this book and smacking Stephenie upside the head Lol

Edited by Branndi

Okay, I'll admit...this first twist I did not see coming and personally, didn't want it to ever happen. When it was revealed, I was just so done for because that killed it completely. I am also made that she has mad me hate Rose all over again just when I was beginning to like her. Maybe she gets better in the rest of the book, I shall find out later, but still....come on!

Panlah, when I lose my mind over this, I am so recruiting you into my mission of taking this book and smacking Stephenie upside the head Lol

May I also instigate nation-wide book-burnings and conventions dedicated to the spamming of her email and home address?

May I also instigate nation-wide book-burnings and conventions dedicated to the spamming of her email and home address?

You have thought about this a time or two, haven't you? Lol

What was the first clue? biggrin.gif

What was the first clue? biggrin.gif

Well I still love me some Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse...so no tongue.gif But you're more than welcomed to burn all the copies of Breaking Dawn Lol