Branndi

Twilight

I made this on MyBannerMaker.com! It is completly my opinion and shouldn't be taken as an attack.

user posted image

Uh huh....

So you're telling all of us Twilight fans that we aren't smart for reading and liking the series? Yet if we were to read Harry Potter then we would be smart enough in your eyes?

Well seeing as how I am both a Twilight and Harry Potter fan, what would that make me? I also finished Harry Potter before I started Twilight.

Yeah, and I am treating that like an attack rather than just an opinion because that's exactly what it is. When the others go after Twilight, they don't really go after the fans for liking it, just their understanding of why they do. You, how ever, decide to go after our intelligence.

So while the others find it funny, I don't. Sorry if I get ragged on it later for it, but I don't. If you want to talk about why you don't like the series then fine but don't tell all of us who do that we aren't smart because we enjoy reading the stories. And especially with telling them that reading Harry Potter makes them smart because it does nothing but put you in the same category with every fan girl/fan boy that makes fans of both series look bad.

Uh huh....

So you're telling all of us Twilight fans that we aren't smart for reading and liking the series? Yet if we were to read Harry Potter then we would be smart enough in your eyes?

Well seeing as how I am both a Twilight and Harry Potter fan, what would that make me? I also finished Harry Potter before I started Twilight.

Yeah, and I am treating that like an attack rather than just an opinion because that's exactly what it is. When the others go after Twilight, they don't really go after the fans for liking it, just their understanding of why they do. You, how ever, decide to go after our intelligence.

So while the others find it funny, I don't. Sorry if I get ragged on it later for it, but I don't. If you want to talk about why you don't like the series then fine but don't tell all of us who do that we aren't smart because we enjoy reading the stories. And especially with telling them that reading Harry Potter makes them smart because it does nothing but put you in the same category with every fan girl/fan boy that makes fans of both series look bad.

Alright, for this I stand by Bran. You do NOT rag on people for their likes. Only the series itself. When you attack the fans that actually LET you have your opinions, and are willing to listen and even debate calmly, then you go way too far.

So no. NOT lovely, Cynder. That was extremely rude. Regardless of opinion or not, people can and WILL take it as an attack, because you're insulting their intelligence.

Edited by Panlah

Uh huh....

Yeah, see I'm going to agree with Branndi on this one.

Normally, I stay out of these types of threads because they have the potential to become an enormous pissing contest about who's better, who's worse and why. Everyone has an opinion and they're entitled to it, but calling out people for their reading choices is high on the lame scale.

I haven't read Harry Potter. I have read the entire Twilight series. I don't like Harry Potter, but I would rather state my opinion and move on, rather than say "Hey, X, Y and Z aren't a smart group because they read Harry Potter."

No matter how much you assume you're above the typical fan girl/fan boy stereotype, if you follow a series, you are essentially placed in that category.

No matter how much you assume you're above the typical fan girl/fan boy stereotype, if you follow a series, you are essentially placed in that category.

You can't deny that there are two groups of every series' fans. You have the group that loves the series, but is willing to sit down and listen to what antis have to say, and provide civil and calm rebuttals to your accusations about the series.

Then you have the other group, which is essentially full of pretty insane fans that, when presented with hard evidence or opinions, blow everyone else off as completely wrong or even -gasp- idiotic for not liking whatever.

That second group is the only group of fans I ever consider even the slightest idiotic, because they are so drawn into a series, so OBSESSED that they are unwilling to talk outside their cult following and back a series as vehamentaly as a preacher would defend his holy book.

They are unwilling to tolerate the pointing out of flaws, inconsistancies, anything, and will marvel over their heaven-sent book as if it were a gift from God himself.

Edited by Panlah

I just looked over the sign/banner/pic/whatev and here's what I just found:

Twilight is a horrible book.

If you were smart, you wouldn't read it.

But you aren't, so you do read it.

SMART people read Harry Potter.

Whoa! So that puts in the category all the people who just read the book, not neccessarily liked them.

Edited by StarDragon411

You can't deny that there are two groups of every series' fans. You have the group that loves the series, but is willing to sit down and listen to what antis have to say, and provide civil and calm rebuttals to your accusations about the series.

Then you have the other group, which is essentially full of pretty insane fans that, when presented with hard evidence or opinions, blow everyone else off as completely wrong or even -gasp- idiotic for not liking whatever.

That second group is the only group of fans I ever consider even the slightest idiotic, because they are so drawn into a series, so OBSESSED that they are unwilling to talk outside their cult following and back a series as vehamentaly as a preacher would defend his holy book.

They are unwilling to tolerate the pointing out of flaws, inconsistancies, anything, and will marvel over their heaven-sent book as if it were a gift from God himself.

Oh no, I can't and won't deny that. And in fact, you've pretty much described them exactly the way I would have.

But to clarify my statement a little, from an outside point of view, if you are a fan of a series (whether you be the calm fan or the screaming, frothing at the mouth type) the person(s) who aren't can (and most do) very well label you as a fan girl/boy simply for what you are reading (or watching... or listening to...) and that is how the stereotype is carried on to blanket everyone following a series no matter how they conduct themselves.

General "you" btw

Oooooh, so since I did read the books, I'm also not smart?

Wowza. sleep.gif With that in mind, even educated antis are stupid.

In my opinion, people who haven't read a series shouldn't judge those have read it, whether those who have read it like or dislike it.

I have read the series. Am I free to judge it, then? >.>

Actually, yes. You have read it and therefore have an opinion about it. Just like I do since I read it. So you can judge the series how you see fit just like I can. Mainly because you know what you're talking about when judging the books because you have read them.

The only book I didn't read was Breaking Dawn. I didn't feel like I could subject myself to that kind of pain.

The only book I didn't read was Breaking Dawn. I didn't feel like I could subject myself to that kind of pain.

I wish I hadn't tortured myself...Lol

Amber, if I ever become pregnant with a child like Nessie...please kill me. Or let her Lol

Branndi, if you ever...ever name your child such a name as Renesmee, I'll kill you LOL

Panlah: The whole book made me weep for all the wasted ink and paper. Heh.

They were tongue.gif

Honestly, and you know this already but I feel like stating it again, it would have been better if Stephanie just wasn't so intent on pushing that happy ending in every way possible. It's as if she was so intent on giving everyone what they wanted that she forgot the formula that made the other three books readable (and likeable for that matter).