Branndi

Twilight

Hey, Edward it cool, hamdsome, without any mistakes (as some might think - before you stone my, I do definitely not), strong, loving, trustfull, confident, helpful and - most important - rich. I meant, what else can one want? Who neads someone alive, if you have a dead who is good in hiding the rotten parts? rolleyes.gif

By the way I know some males who are obsessed with it too.

Little Edit: I have met people who are more into HP than anyone I know into Twillight. Unfortunately.

Edited by Latanya

Harry Potter is a whole heck of a lot better! The only book that I didn't really like in the series was the fifth, because it got rather boring at some points.

And if you call Edward perfect, consider the fact that he ATE his girlfriend.

Hey, Edward it cool, hamdsome, without any mistakes (as some might think - before you stone my, I do definitely not), strong, loving, trustfull, confident, helpful and - most important - rich. I meant, what else can one want? Who neads someone alive, if you have a dead who is good in hiding the rotten parts? rolleyes.gif

By the way I know some males who are obsessed with it too.

Little Edit: I have met people who are more into HP than anyone I know into Twillight. Unfortunately.

Frankly, I don't want to love someone for their beauty, or their riches. But I definitely would NEVER want Edward. sure, he's brave. He has reason to be, because he's a vampire. To call the most important quality the fact that he's rich is entirely selfish and shallow. I pity any man that loves a woman, when he loves him for his money. Edward is not infallible. He goes about his relationship in the entirely wrong way, trying to control Bella in every aspect, making choices for her. Is that what you want your man to be like?

Hell no. Screw Edward. Screw him in the face. It disgusts me how so many girls love Edward the way they do. He's not worth it.

And if you call Edward perfect, consider the fact that he ATE his girlfriend.

Hey, Edward it cool, hamdsome, without any mistakes (as some might think - before you stone my, I do definitely not), strong, loving, trustfull, confident, helpful and - most important - rich. I meant, what else can one want? Who neads someone alive, if you have a dead who is good in hiding the rotten parts? 

Ähm...

Concerning Harry Potter - I don't think he's as good as his reputation. The last three books were totally messed up. But hey, it's a series! Twillight is a series! Made for earning money and for people enjoying reading it. Who cares if some guys consider it good or bad? I think HP's okay, you think he's great, end of discussion. I mean, the book won't get worse if I say I didn't find it that good.

Frankly, I don't want to love someone for their beauty, or their riches. But I definitely would NEVER want Edward. sure, he's brave. He has reason to be, because he's a vampire. To call the most important quality the fact that he's rich is entirely selfish and shallow. I pity any man that loves a woman, when he loves him for his money. Edward is not infallible. He goes about his relationship in the entirely wrong way, trying to control Bella in every aspect, making choices for her. Is that what you want your man to be like?

God, next time I'll write 'Attention, Sarcasm' on top of my post... rolleyes.gif

What I wanted to say - Edward is good-looking and rich, so some girls seem to love him. End. I didn't want to say that I was one of them.

Here's the thing: You can't convey sarcasm over the net. At least not effectively. Sorry I copped an attitude. I honestly thought you were a twitard. :\

I'm not saying that people shouldn't read the books, I'm just defending my statement about not enjoying it.

This is a thread for Twilight fans. But I don't mind hearing from people who dislike the series either since there are things I don't like about it either. It just seems the haters of the series flock here more frequently than the lovers Lol

Second, why compare Harry Potter and Twlight? One is about wizards, the other is about vampires. One has kids who fight new villians every season of the school year and another is pretty much a teen romance. That would be like if you compared Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, which LOTR is going to win out everytime.

And Edward ate his girlfriend when.....? He didn't bite her to change her. And if he had eaten her, I don't think she would have made it through all four books. I am just sayin'...Lol

As for Edward and Bella, they totally have their flaws. It's a teen romance...what teens don't have problems in relationships? Or adults for that matter? And I agree, Edward does go about alot of stuff the wrong way. But then again, there are alot of women who like that type of man. It all just depends on how you look at it. Where you might see it as a possessive relationship, someone else might see it as their idea of a ideal relationships. I know people who would want someone like Edward to be like that because it would make them feel loved and others would have kicked his ass to the curb.

Believe me, Harry Potter fans can be just as rabid and as bad as Twilighters. In fact, pick a popular book series where fan girls, mainly teenagers, are involved and you'll find they're just as bad as obsessed Twilight fans. It happens to every popular series.

But despite all the hatred, I am still a obsessed Twilighter who can be so without turning into some stupid fan girl and I am also a obsessed Harry Potter fan. And that...in the end....is all that will ever matter in the world people! tongue.gif

And Edward ate his girlfriend when.....? He didn't bite her to change her. And if he had eaten her, I don't think she would have made it through all four books. I am just sayin'...Lol

Well, I don't know... My sister made a shirt for the midnight release party of Breaking Dawn ((or whatever the fourth book was called)) and she had a shirt that said:

Team Edward

"For nothing says love like eating your girlfriend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course she wasn't allowed to wear it, because if there were rapists, it would give them a bad idea...

Edited by IamCynder

As far as I remember, Edward never bit Bella. He used self control to keep from actually biting her because he was afraid he would kill her. And then when she was changed, it wasn't done through him biting her but through another method.

I could be wrong, there could be a part in maybe Eclipse where he bit her, but I don't think so. I don't remember anything like that in Twilight except for when he used his saliva to heal her bite wounds from James and I know it didn't happen in New Moon.

Well wait...except Amber did remind me that he bit her wrists and stuff in Breaking Dawn, but that's the only times I can think off of the top of my head Lol

Edited by Branndi

@Panlah: I tought the last sentence of the first paragraph was enough. Sorry. Next time I'll make it more clearly.

@IamCynder: I also didn't say that you said that. My post wasn't meant as an attack. It's just that I don't like everything being compared to Harry Potter, if it's a completely different genre.

I didn't take your post as an attack, I was just stating why I was on this topic or what I was doing, rather.

@Panlah: I tought the last sentence of the first paragraph was enough. Sorry. Next time I'll make it more clearly.

@IamCynder: I also didn't say that you said that. My post wasn't meant as an attack. It's just that I don't like everything being compared to Harry Potter, if it's a completely different genre.

Heh. I feel kinda dumb now. xd.png

Heh. I feel kinda dumb now.  xd.png 

Good. I'm sick of being the only one! (Attention, sarcasm! laugh.gif )

I need to many another signature. Any ideas? I'm thinking about one for Jacob, but I can't remember what his personality was like.

Hmm, you could put down that he was really getting on to Bella in Eclipse almost to the point of sexual harassement. And the fact that he imprinted on her daughter.

That's all I got. Sorry.

From what I understand, when Jacob imprinted on you-know-who it threw logic out the window since

1) Vampires have 24 chromosomes, humans have 22,(According to BD..) which would create an infertile offspring.

2) Imprinting is supposed to be a way to find the most viable breeding partner to pass on the wolf gene.

As such, Jacob isn't going to be getting any kids out of this, regardless of his imprinting. Consistancy doesn't exist in Meyer's mind. She just wanted to fill BD with as many plot twists, quirks and other crud as she could.

Edited by Panlah

From what I understand, when Jacob imprinted on you-know-who it threw logic out the window since

1) Vampires have 24 chromosomes, humans have 22,(According to BD..) which would create an infertile offspring.

2) Imprinting is supposed to be a way to find the most viable breeding partner to pass on the wolf gene.

As such, Jacob isn't going to be getting any kids out of this, regardless of his imprinting. Consistancy doesn't exist in Meyer's mind. She just wanted to fill BD with as many plot twists, quirks and other crud as she could.

SM pretty much destroyed the rules of her own universe for her own wish-fufillment.

Yes. Yes she did. She's completely insane. Her series makes no sense at all anymore. Even less than it did before BD came out.

I love the series,but in Breaking Dawn,I think my stomach did a flip.I read the summary,and I went wacko.Mary-sues in BD?I don't like it.

There are two theories given on imprinting in Breaking Dawn: One that comes from Sam where he thinks it is done because of the breeding situation. Then another that comes from Billy where he thinks they do it in order to find a partner that will make them stronger..mentally, emotionally, ect...

So really, Stephenie didn't break her own rules on imprinting when she had Jacob imprint on Ness.

She did break them however when she had Bella and Edward have a child though.

Edited by Branndi

I love the series,but in Breaking Dawn,I think my stomach did a flip.I read the summary,and I went wacko.Mary-sues in BD?I don't like it.

There was a Mary Sue the whole series. Her name is Bella Swan.

There are two theories given on imprinting in Breaking Dawn: One that comes from Sam where he thinks it is done because of the breeding situation. Then another that comes from Billy where he thinks they do it in order to find a partner that will make them stronger..mentally, emotionally, ect...

So really, Stephenie didn't break her own rules on imprinting when she had Jacob imprint on Ness.

Yeah, but which one is right? I think it's more viable that it's the one to find a successful breeding partner, because that usually how things like this work. (I.E. Recognition in Elfquest, that selects the best suited breeding partner that will create the best children.) Then again, if she supplied two theories, then who is to say she didn't screw up again and add in completely different things on a whim, due to her lack of coherent consistancy?

She did break them however when she had Bella and Edward have a child though.

I have heard that some legends do involve dhampir children, like Ness. Unfortunately, they don't turn out pretty. They are usually extremely mutated and ugly, due to the conflicting matter of life and death. If Meyer decided to make a dhampir in her story, it should have ended up mutated like the myths. Unfortunately, Meyer seems to enjoy gutting the oldest of legends, so I don't see why she'd leave the dhampir unscathed.

She's not the only person to have beautiful dhampirs, though. Ever seen Bloodrayne? :/

However, this isn't what you're talking about. Yes, her rules state that Vampires have no bodily fluids aside from venom. As anyone with a basic high-school anatomy of health class knows, a male needs a flow of blood to get his plumbing working down below. If he does indeed have no fluids, then how did he manage to impregnant Bella?

Balkan lore does have a lot of instance with male vampires having great desires for women, and often impregnant them during their exploits. However, since Meyer specifically stated her vampires have no fluids, the possibility for Edward to procreate should have been entirely impossible.

Edited by Panlah

I've actually read several different series where it's possible for a hybrid child to be born.. female vampires can get pregnant and male vampires can impregnate.. but usually the child proceeds to eat its way out of the mothers womb... I can't see a vampire child sitting inside a human body surrounded by all that blood and not being tempted so. Plus vampires love their old blood type right? extra temptation for the child. Renesme would have been eating away at her mom before she became sentient.

I've actually read several different series where it's possible for a hybrid child to be born.. female vampires can get pregnant and male vampires can impregnate.. but usually the child proceeds to eat its way out of the mothers womb... I can't see a vampire child sitting inside a human body surrounded by all that blood and not being tempted so. Plus vampires love their old blood type right? extra temptation for the child. Renesme would have been eating away at her mom before she became sentient.

That's not the point we're talking about.

Meyer said that her vampires have absolutely no bodily fluids, except for the venom they use to turn people. That being said, it's logical they have no blood or sperm. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to impregnant Bella, as natural procreation requires at least one sperm and and egg to start developing into a baby.

Though yes, Nessie should have eventually killed Bella. :/

The one thing I didn't understand is that Stephenie said she has had Ness in mind for a long time and that's how she always wanted to end the series...which is fine...I just think if that were the case then she shouldn't have been telling people all along that her particular vampires can't breed and then they do. Which she tried to pass it off as some incubus excuse and that didn't fly with anyone. If she wanted to break her own rules then fine, but she should own up to that and admit that.

As for the imprinting thing, both theories had briefly been mentioned before in one of the other books too. So there I don't think she was breaking any rules, but simply offering up to different possible reasons. Like in Leah's case, she assumes that no one has imprinted with her or her to no one because she isn't good breeding stock. Where as with Jacob and Nessie, it is suppose to like Billy said and Jacob simply found the other half of himself that will help him finally grow stronger in a more emotional way.

Really, the whole imprinting thing with Nessie boils down to that Jacob couldn't have Bella so he got the next best thing which was her daughter. I hated that. I was actually hoping that maybe something would happen with Jacob and Leah since towards the end of the book they seemed to mesh a little better. Or that random chick he had met at the mall that we only got to see once. But really, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Branndi