Zero_Photofox

Scroll Descriptions

i support this. it would feed the little story writer in me.

i think it would be good if the scroll descriptions were editable as well because peoples scrolls change over time so the original description may no longer fit

I really like this idea! I think it would definitely be a fun thing to do and provide the opportunity to give a bit of context to the individual dragon descriptions. smile.gif Definitely support.

I absolutely love this idea. You have my support.

I support this. I want to explain some of the more... puzzling parts of my Scroll- like what the Imperial Dragons are, who I am, what they're doing and why everyone has such strange names.

I would love this. I am currently working on the details of the Somatra Weyr, and would love to have a place to share it. Even though I'm new, I spent several months planning out what I would do when I got here, so I've got quite a few notes taken down. xd.png

I also agree with this 100%. 1,000 sounds like a good limit, but it would also be kind of nice to have a larger space to write more, less-important information. I don't know if that already exists or not.

I would love this feature!

When you visit someone else's home, the owner shows you all the rooms and tells you facts about them, right? It would be awesome doing so even with our scrolls!

I personally find our "Dragon" page rather plain.

To make it short and simple I want to suggest adding a small text box under the achievements so the dragon owners can provide a brief explanation if they want.

A small text box meaning no bigger than 200 characters or such.

I also noticed that the site does an AMAZING job of keeping profanities out, so to keep the box, and the site clean, perhaps the moderators could check the boxes like they would with the dragon names?

I dont want to impose, overburden, or slander anyone or anything but I think its a good idea, but a painter cant complement his own work, now can he?

I would like to know what you wonderful people thought of my suggestion.

Ciao~

Dakota

Yessssssssss please. I often find myself tempted to use the name spaces on some of my dragons for scroll messages xd.png A short, personal scroll intro/description would be full of much winning. Edited by Kanakha

Oh wow, You guys definitely jumped on this!! Thanks!

It seems that there's a lot of numbers being thrown about for the character limit.

I know i personally would use a thousand, but that's me. X)

I am still going to go with what i originally suggested; 200, because its an even number that you could easily write a short paragraph in. Many might exceed it and many might be short a very words, but either way it allows you to write a friendly "Hello! My name is......... ECT, ECT,ECT" without it being a full chapter of how you caught and named each dragon.

Thanks again for the support!

Ciao!

Dakota.

I personally think that the character limit should be 1000 characters (including spaces). You say that 200 characters "should" be enough for one person. Well, I imagine this as either a note writen by the scrollkeeper to the reader or a description of the place where the dragons are kept. Different people see DC in different ways, and I think the scroll descriptions should and will reflect this. In order to give them enough space to do this in, the character limit should be 1000 characters.

Also, these descriptions should be reviewed and checked in much the same way that Dragon Descriptions currently are.

110% support!

I'd love this and I also think it would be neat if you could make like a map of your cave to help others visualize it. smile.gif

Yes. We need this now. 8D Mine would be something like,

'You try to approach the mountain cave, but a large blue and silver dragon snaps at you and growls something about identification. Or salad. Perhaps it's on a diet.'

Not really, but what I mean is, I love this idea. c:

...I support. xd.png

Yessssssssss please. I often find myself tempted to use the name spaces on some of my dragons for scroll messages xd.png A short, personal scroll intro/description would be full of much winning.

I know... I've been tempted to do that too. xd.png But I'd really prefer to actually be able to write a scroll description instead, rather than using dragon names.

I'm really, really, really for this! I hope we can get something like this. It's a really nice idea. biggrin.gif

I'd totally support this. Or, I'd love for the ability to change the default message that appears when your scroll is hidden ("You can't seem to find the scroll you're looking for..."). That would be fun. :3

I also support this. I was just browsing the Suggestions subforum for this very topic! I'd absolutely love to be able to describe my scroll, the basic ethos of my dragon collection ways, and give a basic foundation to the dragons that I have described so far. I hope this becomes a reality, it'd be so fun to also read what others have to say about their own form of gameplay! laugh.gif

So, I was looking over my scroll today and thinking that I don't so much think of my dragons as creature descriptions and sketches on a scroll...I think of them as guardian/dweller beasts in some massive keep I'm living in. And I was about to write the description on one of my dragons to match this idea in my head, but then I was thinking, "Wait...no one's going to know what I'm referring to when I type 'Grahamkeep.' Is there I way I can let them know that that's the imaginary castle my dragons roam..?"

No, I discovered after looking around. No there is not, unless I somehow magically missed it. And the scroll description is pretty much non-existent. It's either "If you would like to show your scroll to others, give them the following link: [your scroll link here]", or "You pick up the scroll labeled "[person's screen name here]," and see small sketches of dragons as well as information about them."

I was thinking it might be nice to be able to write a small custom description about your scroll, something that might give your page a little more personality.

What do you folks think? Good? Bad? Problematic?

~Merged~

Gaaaah, I knew there had to be something like this! DX

Well, I'm glad to see a lot of people like the idea, anyway. Even if I'm not the first one to think of it!