Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Ryoka nodded at Ayos just before Revy banked both shutting their eyes waiting for the sound of the marbles going off to indicate when it was safe to open their eyes again. Upon hearing the explosions of the marbles the pair opened their eyes again looking in the direction of Taja with Revy angling herself once again in the direction of her and the Skywing.

++++++

Katarina glared at Mordred knowing full well that what he said was true, but they couldn't afford a dragon dying and breaking his rider. "Enjoy your stay in this wretched cell," she said in a very mocking tone as she left. Katarina then broke out in a run heading towards the stables worried about not only her own dragon but Sleet as well.

Garen snapped his mouth shut quelling the flames that were threatening to burn the split upon hearing Malice. "I don't think that's how you talk to someone who helped keep Ghidorah off your sorry hide." He wasn't in a good mood after taking a few hits from Sleet's tail.

Katarina ignored both the rain and anyone she ran past entering the stables with her eyes locking onto the four dragons. She didn't dare get closer than Garen's stable wary of what Malice would do if she drew too close. Sleet was in terrible shape and Ghidorah was somehow in better shape.

How badly are you hurt?

No where near as bad as Sleet, thanks for the concern though.

I didn't ask for sarcasm.

Edited by talyhawk

Hearing Sleet was wounded certainly spiked up Katelyn's energy level. She tried to connect to him again, still to no avail as he was still unconscious. There was only one thing in her mind: getting to him as quickly as possible. Sitting up, her head spun like a carrousel and she had to bend over for a moment. When finally the spots had left her eyesight, she stumbled over to the door and tore it open with her tentacle-arm, the door getting teared of as a result. Blinking, she stared at the ripped of hinges.

Interesting...

"You! Get over here!"

Leaning against the door opening, she called out to one of the slaves scurrying past and ordered him to help her get to the dragon stables. The man cowered, his eyes continuously looking at the grey mass which hung once again limply by her side.

"Now!"

More afraid of punishment, the slave helped her to move, her real arm slung over his shoulders. Leaning her weight on him, she was able to move over to the grand scene. Gelltor was standing there already and looking up at the skies seeing them darken, she ordered the slave to move faster. Finally they arrived and she ordered the man to leave. Standing on her own two feet, she glared around, standing barely four feet behind Malice's rider. Looking aside, she saw Katarina hiding near the stables. Figures. Big mouth. Speaking loudly, she was nearly shouting.

"Everybody away! Garen, Malice, take that pathetic excuse for a dragon with you! Make sure he doesn't die, because I want that happening by my own hand! And get our best physician here on the double to treat Sleet! NOW!"

The last word was nearly roared. Half stumbling to the unconscious ice dragon, Katelyn knelt besides his head and put her human hand on his snout. Seeing the bleeding gauges on his belly, she cursed her bad luck of not having any healing magic in her. She still couldn't connect to him, so she just whispered.

"Sleet? Come on, boy. I'm okay now, everything is fine. Wake up now, boy. I'm fine."

Edited by BlackScorpion7

The Slave Gelltor had sent out earlier arrived only moments after Katelyn had ordered the fetching of medics. The servant had brought a medic with him and the man began to immediately tend to Sleet's wounds. Malice stepped over Sleet slowly approaching Ghidorah a small black cloud floating over his head overcharged with lightning crackly in it.

"Just go back inside Ghidorah, and you won't get hurt."

The gray had a sadistic grin that was screaming his hope for Ghidorah to not listen. He hadn't had a real fight with another dragon in a long time and even now was itching for it.

"Malice, tone it down Katelyn's orders were to not kill him."

Gelltor walked over to Katelyn and Sleet and spoke to her quietly.

"Sir, there is something I would like to discuss with you in private, where no ears can here us. I believe it is in your best interest, and will probably help you to trust me a little more."

This was the gamble, here and now everything could either fall apart around Gelltor or everything would fall into place like bricks in a wall.

Katelyn glared at Gelltor, how dare he interrupt at this moment. The tentacle itched and she had to work hard to keep it in its limpless form. Oh how she wanted to wrap it around his neck or pierce it through his throat. Her head snapping down, she looked at Sleet with big eyes. What was this? Where were those feelings coming from? She had never been lustful to hurt others, then why now? Eyes snapping to the tentacle, a shiver ran through her spine and she tried to ignore the faint idea forming in her head. She was being corrupted. She was sure of it. But would she be strong enough to stop it from happening? Looking up again with a snarl on her face, she spoke harshly.

"Later! Did you not hear me say to leave? Do you want me to hurt you?" Her eyes narrowed and she stood up slowly, the tentacle waving slightly by her side.

"Away now! Come to my quarters when I am willing to see you!" Watching the medic start to work on Sleet, she stood behind the man the whole time, a menacing presence. Folding her tentacle over her arm, she observed the man working on her dragon. After a while, the man finished up and informed her Sleet would live through it, but would need a bit of rest. He was still unconscious and would probably remain so for a little while still. Ordering for him to be brough to his stable inside her quarters, she walked back to them herself. Passing another passing slave, she ordered him to bring Gelltor to her. Arriving at her quarters, she step up and over the broken door and laid down on her bed again. A splitting headache was throbbing in her skull and small spots danced before her eyes.

Garen limped out of Malice's way not wanting to be between him and Ghidorah. Being between Sleet and Ghidorah had been bad enough and look at what that had gotten him a nice slap on his left from Sleet's tail. Katarina moved out of the way while scooping up a very surprised Malphite allowing Garen lay down. Setting the ember dragon down she frowned looking at the wounds along Garen's left side where he'd been hit by Sleet's tail with the worst being on the hind leg. Katarina pulled one of the nearby slaves who had gathered thanks to the commotion to her. "Get me water, bandages, and something to disinfect these wounds," she barked at the slave who quickly nodded before running off.

Katarina watched the slave until he disappeared from sight before kneeling down in front of Garen putting a hand on his muzzle looking into his yellow eyes. "You're worrying too much." Katarina smiled kindly at the red, something she didn't do often. "Hey I'm allowed to worry and besides we can't have that leg getting infected."

(Well you've convinced me I'll be on Hyro's side.)

Username: mklhn

Side: Hyro

Name: Sver

Race: Human

Appearance: Sver has deep blonde hair that spikes in all directions, pale white skin, ruby red lips , and eyes as green as a black dragon's.

Personality: Sver will only kill when theirs a good reason to for he can't help but to feal sorry for the innocent who he and his allies kill.

Other: N/A

Dragon’s name: Hydro

Dragon’s age: Adult

Dragon’s gender: Male

Dragon’s race: Two-finned bluna

Appearance: like anyother adult of his race except he's pure white.

Personality: Hydro loves to battle, eat, and basicly live life that's why he joined Hyro so he could do all that.

Dragon’s name: Finner

Dragon’s age: Matured hatching

Dragon’s gender: Male

Dragon’s race: Shallow water

Appearance: Like any other shallow water dragon except the ice blue star on his forehead.

Personality: Finner loves to kill his enemies he takes delight in their pains.

Edited by mklhn

((The forms are a tad... 'blah.' If they're so kind and caring, why are they on Hyro's side?))

Mordred watched Katarina leave as he thought, 'Oh I won't be staying inside for a while, little girl.' He took out a pick lock out of his sleeve and went to the lock on his cell and started picking through it. Then once the bar door was open, Mordred got out of his cell and planned his escape to get out of the castle without being caught. He went up the stairs and cast his sleeping spell on the guards who stood by the entrance to the dungeon. Mordred ran past the sleeping guards on the floor and headed towards the stables to get Ghidorah, so that he could get out of this place and start his life as a rogue dragon rider, who attacks other villages and loots food, money, & possession from people.

Ghidorah growled at Malice who threatened anyone who came near Sleet. Then Katelyn came over to Sleet and told Garen & Malice to take Ghidorah away from Sleet. As Ghidorah was led back to his stables, one of the heads saw Malice's sadistic grin and he growled at him as if to say 'You dare hurt it and it'll be the last thing you ever do.' While the rest was happening, a cloaked figure stood in a well hidden spot and watched the scene as he waited for his chance to get inside the stables.

((If I may play the devil's advocate, but wouldn't it be best for mklhn to put up an example of his/her RP-skills? I am honestly doubting a bit if she/he can be (semi)literate enough. It makes an RP difficult if someone makes posts of 3 lines without the necessary punctuation and a lot of 'she did that and then she did another thing and then blabla' and this about every other post of somebody else... Sorry mklhn, but please consider it thoroughly if there aren't other RP's more suited to your style? Thank you!

And in other news: can someone maybe spot Mordred and warn Katelyn? The tentacle can't predict things as far as I am aware lol.))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((I agree with Scorpion on this one a sample of your RP skills mklhn would be rather nice. I can't say much though considering I randomly joined the RP out of the blue after being away from the forums for two years.

Katelyn is in luck considering Malice is still playing watch dog on Ghidorah.))

((Alas, Malice is more interested in Ghidorah to Notice Mordred, having only one head, the rain will conceal any kind of scent from Malice. Unlike his rider who is very intelligent Malice is more like a clever brute. So I don't think he will be able to notice Mordred, or do much about it if he did other then inform Gelltor...Not that I really want to do anything anyways, I mean after all I think Red has earned a bit of a break don't you? We've kinda been ragging on Mordred with the imprisonment, the attack on Ghidorah, and the impending doom, I honestly only had a really really really really REALLY weak idea for bailing him. I will admit it was fun though happy.gif))

Gelltor had backed off and allowed Katelyn some space. He walked over to the stables while Malice finished shepherding Ghidorah inside who, with a very dissatisfied look on his face, took off and to fly some circles in the storm. Once Gelltor arrived at his location which was Garen's stable he spoke to Garen.

"Sorry about Malice Garen, he is a tad blunt. Don't take it personally."

A slave shortly afterword came looking for Gelltor and told the man he was to report to Katelyn.

"Alright, see you three another time."

He said as a brief farewell, he seemed awfully calm about the whole thing as he left. It wasn't long before he knocked on Katelyn's door again.

"Gelltor, reporting as ordered."

It took some extra effort to say ordered instead of requested.

((Aww... and I had such a fun idea with Mordred and the tentacle... *grins* Oh well, will have to keep it for another time then. And poor Ghidorah. Katelyn really won't have any positive word about him.))

Hearing the knock, Katelyn let out a sigh. Yes, she had ordered him to come, but the bloodloss was still heavy in her head. She could not wait for until she could get some sleep. Sitting up again, she slowly stood up and walked over to her desk, sitting down on the single chair. A few papers lay on the desk, along with two pens and an ink pot.

"Enter." Leaning slightly back on the chair, she stared at him.

"Close the door. What do you have to report and make it fast. I have things to finish and want to check up on Sleet. Which reminds me, I ought to thank Malice and Garen for intervening between that pathetic excuse of a dragon and Sleet." Leaning forwards, she grabbed a paper and took one of the pens, dipping it in the ink. Scribbling a few words, she made an order for the local farmer to bring the meat of three cows for Sleet, Garen and Malice. Finishing the order, she put the pen away and leaned back again, eyes locked back on Gelltor.

((Sorry guys, my proper computer took an eence longer to fix than predicted. But is back now and Kja will be posting as you're reading this. Unless you're taly, you lurker.))

Something large tackled Taja and she panicked, sending out a number of distress calls: one to Bramble, one to Katelyn, one to the leader of the water-dragon division and one, rather foolishly, to Hyro. Bramble responded first, wading into the thick of the combat rather like a lost small child with a sword, swatting haphazardly and firing off random bolts of magic, yelling at everyone to not hurt Taja.

Hyro was working on one of the smaller dracoliches when he got a sharp mental message from Taja. Just a set of co-ordinates and a sense of danger, but it was worrying all the same. He chained the undead dragon back down and went to find Kiara, eventually just doing a sweep for the massive amount of energy the tentacle shot off in all directions. He forced open her door and found her and Gelltor having some kind of meeting.

"Katelyn, did you just get a mental message from Taja?" He asked, waiting for her affirmative before continuing. "Summon the 1st and 2nd Divisions, as well as the water-based one. Don't leave until everyone is assembled. Have the firebreathers and Magi who have either a major or minor degree in pyromancy take point. Burn down the entire elven flotilla, and don't let any of the NDK escape. I'll be leading the attack. Catch up."

Drac was busy trying to fight the fires when he heard a small background noise coming from Taja. Hyro wouldn't give her that much freedom. She was beginning to break the spell. He had Night go up and calm Bramble as Drac positioned himself to be directly in the way of Taja's next bombing run. Cirrus started to dive and Drac nearly lost his focus as he heard a number of large cracking sounds as the wood underneath the stone council hall gave way in the extreme heat.

Then Cirrus was gaining fast, Taja rapid-throwing bolts of fire magic onto the city. Drac jumped, properlling himself slightly with magic and deflecting the fireballs, landing on Cirrus' shoulder and rolling forwards, grabbing Taja and jumping again, ripping the saddle-straps. They slammed to the deck of the city, Drac pinning Taja's arms and legs to the floor and diving into her mind.

Edited by Kjakings

((lol Those orders are certainly going to make Katarina think a little better of Katelyn.))

Garen nodded at Gelltor's words thankful that the slave had shown up when he did causing the man to leave. It had taken all Katarina had to not scream at Gelltor to go away and leave them alone. Shortly after he had left the slave that Katarina had ordered to fetch supplies came running up with a second behind him that was holding two buckets of water. "Set the buckets on the ground and leave." Standing she brushed her hands off on her pants and took one of the buckets emptying the contents on the dragon's wounds while trying to ignore the waves of pain that filled her mind. With the blood washed from his scales it was becoming clear that most of the wounds weren't deep.

The sound of Garen's claws scrapping the floor while Katarina was pouring the water had caused the slave with the bandages and a vile of ointment to prevent infection to back away from the dragon out of fear. Seeing the slave back away Malphite bolted towards the man sliding to a stop only a few feet away striking an intimidating pose, which caused Katarina to shake her head as she walked towards the poor slave taking the vile and some of the bandages from him. "Just ignore him. He won't hurt you." The slave nodded nervously at her words looking at the ember dragon.

Katarina frowned as she knelt down beside the Garen while looking at the nasty wound on his leg. "This is going to sting." Taking a deep breath she emptied part of the contents of the vile onto the wound and wrapped the bandages around the leg. Garen's tail was thumping against the floor in an annoyed manor, otherwise he was calm which was a good sign.

With any luck you should be back up in the air by tomorrow.

Either way I'm lucky nothing was broken.

Enjoy your rest. You've earned it.

Katarina looked at the slave then the vile in her hand. "I'll be holding on to this. You're dismissed." The slave nodded before rushing off as Katarina pocketed the vile. The worry that she had felt was gone knowing that Garen was going to be fine now that the worst of the wounds was treated. With a final glance back at the red she left the stables returning to her own quarters with the young ember bounding behind her.

Edited by talyhawk

((Kja you ninja'd me there. I didn't even see your post go up when I made mine. Also I know that I'm a lurker, old habit from when I was a moderator on a card gaming forum before the company went under.))

Revy dived after Cirrus once her vision was working normally again after Rio's little stunt. One thing that Ryoka knew was that Taja had to be stopped the damage the elven flotilla was starting to show and it wasn't good. It was times like this she had mastered water magic. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sudden sight of Drac jump onto the skywing and pulling Taja off, which caught both Ryoka and Revy off guard. They weren't going to get a better chance than now to try and catch Cirrus. Brace yourself this is going to hurt if I catch Cirrus.

Edited by talyhawk

Getting the distress call from Taja, Katelyn closed her eyes and put her human hand against her head. It was an odd feeling, almost eerie. As it ended, Hyro burst in to the room. Just seeing their Lord enter made the tentacle twitch, but Katelyn quickly stood up, letting the chair fall over backwards. Bowing her head, she was just able to get a stumbled 'My Lord' out of her mouth before he spoke. As his orders ended, she bowed her head again, but he had left already. Looking at Gelltor she spoke.

"Our meeting shall have to be postponed. Get to the stables and get Malice ready, spread the word to those you pass." Sleet had been just brought to the stable, but was still unconscious. Cursing, she ran out of their quarters and into the direction of the dragons tables, hoping to find Mark, Selena and Kelsa, the three leaders of the squadrons. Passing a slave, she ordered for him to let a medic come to her quarters. Barking out commands, she ordered them to get all necessary riders ready. Kelsa was to take full command of the water force with Salvador as her second, while Mark was to take command of the first air division and Selena of the second, just as had been done in their trainings. Katelyn would fly at the head of the first division, next to Mark. She told them which formation to put the riders in and ran back to her rooms just as the medic arrived.

"I've sustained serious blood loss not a few hours ago, give me whatever you have to get my body to produce energy to work along instead of fainting and give me something to wake that unconscious dragon in my stable!" The medic stammered and nodded, reaching in his bag and rummaging in it. He gave her a small bottle of something to use on Sleet, which she had to hold by his nose and then let him drink. As she ran over to her dragon, she did as told while the medic prepared a mix of liquid and some crushed leaves in a small bottle. Sleet awoke and growled, his tail slashing. But Katelyn quickly put a hand on his snout and connected with his mind.

It's okay, I'm okay. Calm down.

Kat?

Yes, it's me.

Wh-what happened?

Showing him the tentacle, she could feel the horror course from his mind.

It's okay.

Giving him some mental images, she showed him that despite everything, she was feeling okay. Probably the shock of it all would come still, but that would have to wait until after the upcoming battle. She showed him with her mind that the tentacle was not useless and kept reassuring him.

Sleet, we have to get going. Taja found the elven flotilla. Hyro is taking command, we have to go now. Will you be okay?

The dragon checked his wound and huffed.

An additional minute or two won't help me grow new skin. I'll be vulnerable down there.

Okay, I'll keep it in mind and watch out.

Then let's go.

Sleet stood up, still a bit unsure on his legs. The medic pushed a bottle in Katelyn's hand.

"Drink from this, it will aid your body to produce more blood to compensate for the loss and will give you energy. Take a sip whenever you feel light headed." Katelyn nodded, took a sip and pulled her nose at the vile taste. Putting the bottle away in a pouch of her clothes, she started saddling Sleet and they headed over to the training field to join their comrades in arms.

+++++++

Matthew looked wildly around at the ongoing battle. Questra kept trying to divert the attention of Cirrus and Taja, but to no avail. Seeing Drac leap up to the dragon after which he and Taja crashed to the ground of the flotilla, Matthew got the same idea as Ryoka. While the dragon was without rider, they had no better opportunity. Seeing what Drac was trying to do, he yelled out.

"Focus on the dragon, don't disturb Drac and Taja!" Questra bounded down out of the air and right to Cirrus. With her great speed, she threw her whole body against the skywing's head, hind legs kicking at the eyes. Matthew himself kept looking from Questra and Cirrus to Drac and Taja. There were nothing he could do at this moment, besides supporting his dragon.

Watch out, Questra! Keep out of reach of the tail!

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((which squadron is Gelltor in?))

Gelltor had fallen to one knee and greeted Hyro as per his station.

"Sire."

He had barely managed that before the orders were given from both Hyro and Katelyn, fortunately Malice had been listening and was very excited about destroying something. Gelltor left with his instructions and had stopped the slave that Katrina sent away.

"Inform all the dragon riders to report in to their squadrons immediately, we will be moving to attack the elven flotilla."

The frightened slave nodded and went off to do Gelltor's bidding. Gelltor returned to the stables where Malice was to pick him up and spoke to Katrina.

"We are moving out, Katelyn has ordered us into our formations."

Malice landed with a thud and Gelltor climbed on, the gray had taken off to join their assigned group while Gelltor was still in the middle of mounting him bareback as always of course.

"Alright, I can't wait to trash that place. We are sooo going with a hurricane! Sink them and then pelt the water with lightening, electrocuting them all to death. Oh I can't wait."

"You may not get the opportunity."

"What!? Why not!?"

"We must maintain formation."

Malice growled but he knew that Gelltor was right, if they broke formation while Hyro was there not only would they wind up like Mordred but Katelyn would likely be killed and everything they worked for would be wasted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio had several of her marbles in her hands and had taken up a defensive position by Drac. Ayos on the other hand used magic to create a powerful downdraft to help force Cirrus down to the Flotilla, while doing that he prepared a spell that would trap Cirrus in magical chains once she hit the ground. Rio saw Matthew kind of just standing around and since she had forgotten her sword on the ship with the rest of her stuff including the violins she was more or less defenseless.

"Matt! Come help me defend Drac in case Cirrus breaks free."

She called to the boy.

Edited by En'K'Haral

The cloak figure watched the three Hyro knights leave the stables. Once they were out of sight, he went over to where Ghidorah was. At first the split dragon couldn't recognize who that mysterious person was as the right head had never seen this appearance before and he growled intimidatingly at him. But the left head sniffed his scent and knew immediately who that was. Mordred, the man wearing the cloak, looked up at Ghidorah and said, "That's right boy, it's me your master. Now come with me, we're going to bust ourselves free out of this joint." But before he could open the door that kept his dragon in, Mordred heard footsteps approaching and whispered, "Sounds like somebody's coming. I better go hide quickly before they see me." Then he quickly fled the scene and went back to his hiding spot. There he saw Gelltor going to Malice and saying that Katelyn has ordered the dragon knights to move out. 'So everybody's leaving, eh? Well this will be the perfect opportunity for me to leave while nobody's looking,' Mordred thought.

Katarina had maybe gotten a foot away from the stables when Gelltor informed her of the orders which annoyed her, but it must be something serious if Katelyn was moving out with them. Not wasting a second she turned going back inside the stable where Garen was already standing and waiting patiently for her. Katarina felt bad for her dragon, but he didn't complain as the saddle was placed on his back and straps secured. Knowing they didn't have time to spare Garen walked past his rider heading outside with Katarina right behind him. Seeing the ember dragon sitting just outside the stables Katarina sighed mounting Garen. "Sorry Malphite you can't come this time and besides you wouldn't like the water." The ember huffed at her words and before he could protest Garen took off to report in to their squadron.

You did that on purpose.

It's for your own good.

Don't worry I'll make it up to you and let you join us next time.

Just make sure to come back alive.

Edited by talyhawk

((Let's say he's in the first squadron.))

Arriving at the training field, she watched the troups getting ready and taking their positions. They stood on the ground in the same way as they would soon be in the air. First the leader would take of, then the second row and so further until everybody was in the air. Both divisions would fly next to one another, occupying a wide swath of air and Katelyn planned on flying in between the two leaders of the divisions. Leaping up Sleet, she checked the saddle and straps, making sure they were not tinkered with. And after strapping herself to the saddle, she looked around to see if everybody was in positions. Sending out a messenger to tell Kelsa to move out as soon as she saw fit, Katelyn gave the command to move to the two leaders of the air force. Together with Mark and Selena she rose up in the air, feeling through the bond with Sleet that the wounds on his belly were tugging a bit. They waited until the whole two forces were up in the air and set out in the direction of the ocean.

+++++++

Matthew looked over at Rio and ran over to her. Calling out to one of the elves, he asked for a sword. His own sword had been taken by Hyro's forces upon his capture and he had not yet been able to replace it. The elf soon returned with a long sword and a short sword, giving them both to him. Thanking the man, he waved the two blades for a moment, judging their balance and adapting his movements to them. Soon satisfied, he took position on the opposite side of Drac and Taja from where Rio was standing, keeping an eye on the two as well as on their surroundings.

Edited by BlackScorpion7

Taja’s mind was a swirl of agony, confusion and fighting. Drac knew Hyro wouldn’t make a spell like this. Something of Taja survived to cause this chaos, or all would be well-ordered obedience. Drac searched for that small nugget of brilliant rebellion, and found it. It was losing the battle, in a matter of minutes it would be completely gone and his father’s spell would own her mind.

“Kill me.” Taja whispered as her body snapped up at Drac’s moment of lost concentration, but he forced it back down again.

“I’m not done with you yet.” He responded, summoning a small amount of magic and ramming it down into the curse like a pickaxe to form a crack. Then he summoned up a large mass like a hammer and rammed it home, the curse splintering all the way through and shattering. Taja breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed, sinking into normal unconsciousness as Cirrus did the same, collapsing to the burning deck. Drac withdrew from her mind, nearly losing his balance on slightly wobbly legs.

Then the arrayed ranks of the Chicias Aerial Guard arrived, led by an impossibly huge dracolich ridden by Hyro Stormwind. The waiting elven cannons roared out in the bloodlust they had barely contained and the barely-trained groups crumbled in the firey maw of a weapon they had no experience with at all.

The dracolich dived, spewing Darkfire and snapping up individual elves in its maw, their skin disintegrating to a black flakey substance where it hit and the magical presence of the monster grew with each devoured soul.

“ANYBODY WHO TOUCHES CIRRUS OR TAJA ANSWERS TO MY BLADE!” Drac yelled at the elves that were beginning to gather around the two as Night flew by parallel to Drac to allow him to jump on.

Their minds synchronized as they rose higher, a massive silver and blue magical spear hovering slightly above Drac’s palm, aiming towards the dracolich who was winging wide and high for another pass. Hyro saw them just in time and formed a black and purple shield, the two forces meeting and disappearing in a flash of pure light.

Drac managed to lunge out with his normal blade and sever one of the dracoliches spinal columns, the magical alloy holding despite the wrenching force on Drac’s arm. Its momentum broke as it repaired the damage, Drac and Night rising higher above them.

The air became difficult to breathe as Night’s strength began to give out, the skywing almost gracefully turning over to allow Drac to drop.

They were one mind, giving Drac a complete knowledge of all skywing flight knowledge, including the subtle art of falling. Drac could tilt his body to increase or decrease his momentum or change direction. He knew it all.

Drac increased his mass many times beyond his size as he fell, gaining the force of a thousand cannon balls as he slammed into the now-moving dracolich, making its tail end suddenly shoot down followed by the front in an almost comical fashion.

He, the dracolich and Hyro slammed into the water together, a massive wall of water vapour forming along with a large wave which swamped the embattled elven flotilla.

((Sorry for posting yet again without waiting for the others, but my muse happened to wander past and I couldn't let her just skip out on me again...))

+++++++

Matthew saw Drac straighten and wobble and wanted to help him, when he heard the dragons approach. Seeing the dracolich, his legs wobbled for a moment and he had to grasp something at the sight of the aerial force. Cursing, he looked aside at Rio and around. Hearing Drac's order that nobody was to harm Taja or Cirrus, he took up a defensive position again.

"We better get her out of her and Cirrus too if possible. This is going to get nasty!"

Questra!

Don't worry, I'm keeping my eyes on my back.

Keep them before you, that'll be difficult enough already.

Sleet! Questra, take a look at that ice dragon!

You mean the one who hit me unconscious when we fled prison?

Yeah, that one.

What about him?

Look at his belly.

Got it!

Be careful!

Questra flew up and between, her agility and enhanced speed aiding her to avoid the cannonballs, fire and dragons. Aiming straight for the ice dragon's belly, she kicked at the air with her four legs, gaining more and more speed. Her plan was to turn slightly right before the impact, so her four hooves would make some serious damage to wounds already on Sleet's belly.

+++++++

Flying in between the two leaders of the aerial force, Katelyn was right behind Hyro. Seeing the flotilla, her heart beat faster and she hoped the troups would keep in their formations. Looking down, she hoped the water division would soon be there too. They would be of tremendous help to attack the flotilla from the bottom up. A sudden ferocious grin appeared on her face.

They won't know what hit them!

Katelyn?

What?

You sound... different.

I'm fine, stress for the battle. Just keep focussi- wha!

Drac slammed into the dracolich right before her nose, making himself, the dracolich and Hyro drop into the water. Though the shock stunned her, she realized she had to take over command until Hyro returned. Turning in the saddle, she raised the tentacle in the air and while she did so, it changed shape into a dull grey but large broadsword. Yelling out, she spoke to the troups, but in particular to the two leaders as Mark and Selena who would have to make sure the troups did their job.

"Stay in formation! The first division is to attack it from the north side. Magi and firebreathers stay at the front, Guardians protect them! The others distract the elves and NDK as much as possible and wreck as much havoc and destruction as they can! Do NOT break formation! Second division, take the south and do the same from there. Work towards the middle! Mark and Selena report to me through their dragons!"

Sleet, inform Kelsa and Salvador to split in two and attack from the bottom up from the east and west sides.

Ask them to keep their split formation as well, but to spend four of their force to go look for Hyro and Drac.

Let them report to me through their dragons as well!

Sleet conveyed the message to the dragons, who on their turn informed their riders. She got an affirmative from all four leaders of the divisions. Katelyn herself started circling the flotilla, when she suddenly saw something speeding to them.

Without warning Revy's wings snapped open lifting her away from Cirrus with her head turning in the direction of the approaching dragons. Ryoka didn't bother yelling at the alt black with her eyes growing wide at the sight of Hyro and his dracolich going into the water along with Drac. Revy growled flapping her wings to gain altitude with her attention fixed on Garen who just happened to be an unfortunate in the front.

+++++

Katarina was annoyed with the orders to stay in formation, but she wasn't about to dare betray orders while Hyro was there. She grinned thinking about the damage that those in the water division would be able to do to the flotilla while those in the air made it burn. Her attention was soon drawn towards the massive black dragon coming towards them.

Since when did they have another adult dragon much less a black besides Bramble!?

Just take out the rider.

Katarina waited patiently hoping the guardian dragons would do their job and shield them if the pair got too close.

Edited by talyhawk