Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Night flapped around the table, looking pleadingly at Cirrus.

“Please can I stop flying now?” He asked, hovering directly above the table.

“No. You are becoming fat and lazy. In the wild a skywing spends weeks at a time in the air, often with younger hatchlings riding upon you for rest. When I was your age I could carry Bramble on my back, and he was also fat and lazy.” The older skywing replied, earning a grumble of annoyance from Bramble.

“Excuse me, I was not fat.” He responded, glaring mildly at Cirrus.

“You were spherical apart from your stumpy little limbs.” Cirrus responded, which led Taja to sigh.

“Can you two not fight? Just for today; to make a nice change?” She asked the two dragons, who grumbled guiltily and got back to eating their food, but with Cirrus continuing to cast a critical eye over Night.

“… and tomorrow, we will all begin various training exercises with the soldiers and such they’ve managed to spirit away from the Capital. Matthew, I understand you’ve recently come into your magic? It seems a bit late in life, how strong are you?” Drac was saying, and Taja realised she probably should have been listening.

Hyro strode around the small scale prototype built from the designs they had found of the dwarven airship, shaking his head. It didn’t look right; no intelligent species would design a ship, even an airship, this impractically. There clearly was something they were missing.

Hyro noticed his master assassin stride out of an alcove connected to the hidden tunnels, with no reaction from the people around. He shook his head at how easy it was to fool the common man, look like you belonged and nothing was wrong, and that was what they would assume.

“We have an issue, sire.” The assassin said, Hyro falling in stride with him.

“I’m presuming that since you decided to bother me with it, it is quite large.” Hyro responded, setting up a small spell of repulsion to keep the average nosy worker out of earshot.

“Large is one way to describe it. The spy and saboteur who has been working so hard to discredit us may be recruiting. I have been working my hardest to keep track of both them and their actions, but unless they are capable of being in multiple places simultaneously. Quite frankly, sire, the situation is deteriorating at an alarming rate. I am going to need outside help in order to crack down on them.”

“Hmmm. Go to Katelyn, the passages have access to her quarters. I suggest the daytime for your first meeting however, her control over that tentacle is quite impressive. Surprise her too much and it may be in the form of a spike buried three feet deep in your torso.” The assassin nodded and calmly walked into a wall and disappeared.

((Sorry bout this, but I won't be able to make a post until Monday evening or something. Work is waaaay too hectic this week and I won't have access to internet after work until Monday. So pleaaaaase wait for me?))

((No problem. This is hardly the fastest RP in the world.

I forget, have you guys read PokéWars by Coronova on FF.net? If not you should give it a gander, your reactions will be either 'DO WANT' or 'BURN THE HERETIC.'

((Bwaa, it's not THAT slow moving. In another RP I was participating in, nobody gave any reaction for 2 months now... Now THAT is slow. Or dead...))

+++++++

Matthew was pulled back into the conversation going on, just in time to hear Drac ask him a question. He gave a faint shrug, almost as if dismissing the fact.

"True. Until recently I didn't even think I had any magic in me. People kept telling me everybody who bonds with a dragon has magic, but as it didn't manifest itself I thought I was the odd one out. I guess it took some strong emotions or hapzard situations to get it to manifest after all. As to how strong I am, I have no idea. It's just testing and trying out at the moment. I kinda find it a pity my magic is nothing that can help during battle, but healing people does give a sort of satisfaction afterwards. II guess 'll just have to rely on my own physical strength for battle. Luckily I'm not bad with a sword."

This last he said with a grin, while he gave another light shrug.

"I'm planning on focussing on the training of Questra. She is growing quite rapidly now and she still has to learn a lot. Get used to her own weight, get used to additional weight in preparation of carrying me and eventually fight in the air."

+++++++

Katelyn had gone back to her quarters and was going through some reports, when she heard a very faint sound. It was merely a shifting of wind, but it alerted her immediately. Also the smell of the new air alerted her. It had a mouldy tang to it and she was not a tracker without reason. Her back was to the wall where an opening had appeared, but she did not turn. Instead she spoke up, her voice calm and steady, not betraying anything.

"Friend of foe, choose wisely. And stay were you are. One step closer and you will regret it, I promise you that. Three steps to the right of you is a chair, sit down."

Putting down a remark with signature on one of the reports, she put her pen down and slowly rose from her own chair. Turning around, she faced the man.

((Sounds dead to me Scorpian. You might want to poke them with a stick.))

The glowing had evolved into a brilliant shine as Rio continued the incantation on the sword. Then after a moment of silver briliance it vanished like a candle being blown out. Even though the room was well lit to begin with the sudden disapearance of the silver light made it look as though it had been plunged into blackness. Rio blinked her eyes a few times having been foolish enough to open them while casting. The incense had burned out and the circle was gone leaving only her and the sword. "Time for a test." She said standing and stretching before leaning over and plucking the weapon from the ground. Unlike before when she had practically dragged it into the room it lifted and seperated easily. So much so that she had actually overcompensated and ended up tossing it into the roof. Fretting she climbed onto a chair and started tugging on the sword and managed to wiggle it free thanks to the sharp edge. this was clearly a sign of good work and Rio held it out proud. Without hesitation she made her way back to the hall clearly pleased with herself. Ayos munched on food while listening to Drac speak he swallowed and spoke up for him and Rio trying to ignore the sensation of pride she was emmiting telepathically. "Hey Drac do you know anyone who can teach Rio how to use that Halbard while mounted. I don't want her cutting off my head by accident. Oh and we need to practice more efficient use of magic, she is using up way too much energy for some of the simplest spells." "Pfft, like your one to talk." Rio said making her way to the table again with the sword held easily in her hand. She didn't feel like waiting to git this to Matthew so she made her way straight to him at which point she stopped offered him the hilt. "I thought you might like this." She said smiling warmly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gelltor finished his sandwhich and payed Sarah. He made his way out into the town, she was right the returner of objects was becomming a nuisence and he still had no leads. Not to mention the lack of information on Kiara. He did believe the two topics could be related, after all Kiara had tried to saboutage every thing else Gelltor was working on. He figured she just didn't like him, then again aside from those he had actually helped, who did? "Malice I will camping out at the royal warehouse today. Stay close to it please." "I thought you changed the location." "I did but they have also been ordered to continue sending stuff to the docks as well. Whoever is behind it all will likely continue to assume the king is the only thief in the world and continue to go after the royal warehouse."[/color] "Inform Sleet right?" "As always. Hasten with the task. You may get to kill tonight." A wicked grin creased Malice's face at the thought of at last getting back into the swing of things. "Sleet, Gelltor is camping out the warehouse. We're going to see who is stealing the NDK's stolen materials." The NDK part was added with sarcasm and the lust for blood could also be sensed from the gray dragon's message to Sleet. Gelltor would also make a pit stop to check up on the campaigne and reports on Kiara, still nothing new. "Malice, kindly remind Katelyn about looking into some future allies. We need all the troops we can get. The more countries the better. With all the different talents of their armies under her command the NDk should fall rather quickly. Also just slide a friendly reminder about our plans to knock out the pins under Dracs feet as well." "What plans?" "The ones we have to form still." Malice contacted Sleet again to remind him about their objective with the Allies of Drac.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Drac grinned and his eye affixed to the blade as Rio brought it in, looking it over and giving it a quick magical probe.

“Healers are the most important part of any large-scale battle. They let the regular soldiers go on killing each other for much longer. If you have trouble with magical endurance,” he continued, now talking to Rio as well as Matthew, “there are several magical crystals I could create that would let you store magic and build up the stash over several days or weeks, or even months. As for the halberd, you could probably enchant it, which I see you have no trouble doing. May I?” He asked, gesturing towards the blade.

The assassin laughed and strode carelessly in the room, waving the door closed behind him.

“My dear, you’re not going to do anything. I am less disposable than you are, do you have any idea how long it takes to train up a master assassin? Your position would be filled in no less than four hours. I require your help in tracking down a sect of rebels that are working inside the city.” He paced back and forth casually, surveying the room.

“I like what you’ve done with the place; Taja never had any flare. Anyway, I have a feeling they’re making liberal use of the rooftops in their escapes, because I know they’re not using my tunnels. I’m going to use my assassins to flush them out into a retreat and I want you to track them and give directions. It’s very hard to hide and re-enter a crowd with a dragon tracking you. The King suggested I come ‘ask’ you for help; this means you will help. Tell no-one of this, not even that snake Gelltor.” He walked back to the tunnel entrance, which opened automatically.

“Ever try and get into my passages and things will go very poorly for you.” He added, disappearing into the dark passage without a backward glance.

Rio listened to Drac has he told her what they could do to accomodate their magical difficulties. The crystal's sounded like a good idea and in her area of magic too which meant she could pick up the skill. "That would be nice and you could even teach it to me so that I can help create more. I mean we could probably outfit all the NDk with these gems." She said enthusiastically, Drac then asked if he could see the sword, Rio hesitated a moment but conceeded and handed him the hilt. "Just don't do anything to it ok." She said holding the hilt to Drac now rather then Matthew.

Matthew lifted a brow as Rio offered him the sword, casting a glance at Ayos he then focussed back on Drac who had asked for the sword instead. Trying to focus on what was going on, he could not but wonder why Rio would go through the trouble of enchanting a sword for him.

Focus, boy.

Boy? Look who's the hatchling here.

Dragon, human. Who has the longest life span in general?

Whatever.

Focus, they're talking about supporting your magic.

+++++++

Katelyn was fuming after the visit of the assassin. She could not concentrate, the insolence of the man burning through her. Sleet felt agitated himself, because of her emotions running to their bond to him.

"How dare that snake of a man given ME orders! Oh he best wait, he doesn't know who he's dealing with! I'll show him. I'll show him how I can help him! He won't know what happened!"

Calm down.

But Katelyn didn't listen. The anger was fueling the bond with the tentacle once more and Sleet felt it strengthen. The thing itself was twitching and swaying back and forth in agitation. Once in a while it lashed out at something, throwing it over. A chair, the table, the bed screen.

Malice. We got a problem. Hyro's personal assassin gave a visit and it's got Katelyn in all states. I'm afraid her anger might cloud her mind.

Unable to vent her anger inside the cramped room, Katelyn stormed out and made her way over to the training fields. Ordering those warriors around to spar with her, she used no weapons except for the tentacle. Sword, dagger, club, all kinds of weapons formed from the grey mass. Most of the warriors scurried away in fear, but a few were unable to do so, getting the best of her anger on them. Sleet growled and kept trying to calm her down, calling out to her to get some reason in her head. He even tried to blow a freezing chill of air at her, but despite the burning cold, she kept fighting.

+++++++

((Okay, sorry for the lame post. Kinda out of inspiration. I think I need a vacation tongue.gif Speaking of which, long weekend. Won't be able to check until Tuesday!))

((I love how on long weekends some threads quadruple in post activity while others get quartered in activity. xd.png))

Malice sighed as he recieved Sleet's message. What was he supposed to do about that? Gelltor was camping out the warehouses and if he visited to calm down Katelyn it would be anything but inconspicuous. I moment of indecision and then action. "Gelltor, Katelyn lost her temper and sleet is trying to cool her off. Orders?" Gelltor who had the royal warehouse staked out now ran his hand through his hair underneath his hood. "No end to problems is there. Alright help Sleet to get her under control. Oh, if you can make it look accidental in a believable manner, please, rip off that tenticle of hers." "Can't I just crush it?" "I don't think that will work. Heck tearing it off might not even work. Just help Sleet and follow his instructions, I have to keep a watch for our thief." Malice made his way out to the training grounds were Sleet and Katelyn were having at it. "Alright Sleet you got your help, what do you need?" He said impatiantly, clearly frustrated at having to help the comander out of her own fit of rage.

Hearing Malice land nearby, Katelyn spun around and faced him. The warrior she had been fighting took this opportunity to leave as fast as he could. Several of the force around were motioning at her, while most made a quick get-away.

"What are you doing here!"

Sleet huffed and shook his head.

Just calm down. You've given the force a good work-out, now it's time to review things. So the man is a fool, does that mean you have to act like one too?

Katelyn looked furiously at Sleet, here eyes narrowing. The tentacle already lashed out, wanting to hurt the dragon for daring to call her names. It slithered out, getting thinner the farther it went. Sleet growled and took a defensive stance, freezing air huffing from his muzzle. He had his eyes locked on his rider and shook his head again, hind claws digging in the earth.

Stop it, Katelyn! Get back to your senses! The thing is taking you over again! Remember, think, focus!

At the last word, his head snaked out and he snapped at the tentacle. As his teeth raked the grey mass, a shot of pain ran through both of them. Katelyn fell to her knees, the tentacle oozing some kind of grey liquid, more a thick slime than blood. Sleet's head snapped back and he let out a whining, high pitched screech of pain. The bond the tentacle had on Katelyn multiplied the pain it gave through to the dragon. But it had its effect.

Feeling, hearing and seeing her dragon hurt brought Katelyn back to her senses once more. Still kneeling on the ground, she had her good hand against her head, pushing hard. Taking deep, gasping breaths, she looked over at Sleet with a wary look in her eyes. The dragon didn't reply, he just let his head hang on the ground, still recovering from the pain the damned tentacle had dared to give him. To the dragon, it appeared that the tentacle tried to come between him and his rider. Giving a faint huff, he shook his head once more. Katelyn swallowed and crawled up again. Looking around, she glared at those few still around, after which she headed back to her rooms.

"Go away, Malice. Stay out of this."

Katelyn dismissed the grey dragon and slammed the door of her quarters closed behind her. Sleet sighed and gave some kind of shrug to the other dragon, shaking his head once more.

It's getting stronger.

"Perhapes I should make it snow, it seems like she could use a good cooling off." Malice said glowering at the shut door. He continued to stare after the door but communicated telepathically with Sleet. "Use the gem. Use it now, use it everyday. If you care about your rider you will use it. Maddox said to keep it or something like that, and you said so yourself it has an effect. If it works, you should be using it. If not for us, then for her. We may not see eye to eye but if it were me and Gelltor I would pin him down and have a doctor implant that rock into his arm if I could. So stop shrugging and take, action." It was something of a sudden outburst from Malice, although his concern wasn't really for Katelyn herself so much as it was for Gelltor's plan.

Drac held the blade lightly and twirled it about slightly, flicking it occasionally which let off bright blue sparks. He gave the sword back to Rio and nodded towards the blade appreciatively.

“That’s good work. Incense? Strong and light, it’s a good blade. Very fine work, you should practise more and enchant other things. You might have a gift for it. Anyway, the crystals aren’t very good for most things. Generally they’re only used for building magical stamina, such as in you two, especially weak mages or for pooling power for supermassive spells. I have a couple full ones on me, just in case. There’s a big vault of them in the Academy I think, though for obvious reasons Grandmaster Maddox never told me, or my father, where. I’ll make a few up for you.”

The assassin watched Katelyn’s tantrum in amusement, frowning slightly as Malice dropped in. He’d have to punish Sleet at some point for that, although he couldn’t quite think how. He passed one of his apprentices on the way and nodded to her, knowing that if anything of note happened he would be told. He strode off to create more formal plans for the destruction of this annoying little pest.

Edited by Kjakings

Sleet eyed Malice with narrowed eyes, but gave no reply. He knew well enough something had to be done. The control the tentacle had on his rider’s mind was fearsome. It made her unpredictable at times and while he did not fear for his own life, he did fear for that of her. The problem with the gem was how to use it without the tentacle alerting Hyro or whatever it was that had its mind attached to it.

Pulling open his stable, he moved inside and put his head through the door opening to Katelyn’s room. The woman was pacing back and forth, her annoyance still too large to calm down.

Katelyn, we need to talk.

Not even sparing him a glance, she just kept pacing.

We need to form a plan to tackle this assassin problem.

This did get her attention. She didn’t stop her pacing, but at least she looked at him.

The assassin claims he works directly under Hyro’s command, but so do you. There is a great possibility that if you have to follow his instructions, you might not be able to carry out Hyro’s instructions. You will either not have the time for it or they might get nulled by the actions of the assassin.

Katelyn stopped pacing, giving a single nod.

“Go on.”

Maybe you ought to ask Hyro himself about it. Do not confront him or question his authority, but just ask him if you have to follow the instructions of the assassin at all times, even if they threaten to throw the implementation of your own plans awry. Press upon it that you would not like for the NDK to get away with anything, just because you did not have the time or the means. Phrase it correctly and try to get Hyro himself to let his assassin’s grip on you loosen.

“Easier said than done. You heard the man!”

Yes I did, but he is just a man. He is no soothsayer and he is capable of lying. Who says he isn’t afraid of the position you holds. He might be used to being in sole control of his actions. For all the same Hyro gave him the order of working together with you, but he might just interpret it to you as if you are under his command.

This seemed to calm Katelyn down. She leaned against her table, crossing her arm and tentacle over her chest and looked at the ground.

“It might. But it is dangerous to just plainly ask Hyro.”

Don’t ask him that. Instead inform him that you are torn and require his blessing. Tell him that you of course want to help his Master Assassin in finding the rebels – as it is your Lord’s wish -, but that you fear it might take too much of your time away from training the troops, finding a manner in opposing the air appliances of the rebels and tracking the NDK. Ask him for guidance in which matter is most important and which should get the forehand in case both operations would clash.

Katelyn had lifted her eyes again and looked at her dragon with a strange light in her eyes. After a moment, she took a deep breath and nodded.

“You are right and thank you. I have let my anger fuel my thoughts and could not think straight. I’m glad I still have you, Sleet. At least you stay cool under all circumstances. Well, nearly all.”

The last she said with a faint grin, remembering his fight with the two-headed dragon days or weeks ago. Sleet huffed and gave a single, slow nod. He hesitated for a moment, but then asked anyhow.

The anger you felt, was it yours entirely?

“How do you mean?”

Or did you feel as if an anger from outside you fuelled yours?

Getting the hint, she looked down at the tentacle. Giving a shrug and shaking her head, she replied.

“I don’t know. At some times, I… I don’t know where I end and the tentacle begins.”

Sleet nodded knowingly.

Go to Hyro first. We will talk about the tentacle this evening. You still have the gem?

Katelyn nodded in acknowledgment, refusing to touch the little pouch she kept it in.

“Wish me luck.”

Sleet snorted and watched his rider leave the room. Entering the main building, she made her way up to the throne room, where she hoped to be able to explain her situation in the same calm and soothing manner as Sleet had. Arriving at the door of the throne room, she let the servant knock and announce her and waited for an audience. In the meanwhile Sleet connected with Malice again.

Everything is cooling down. Let Gelltor come to Katelyn’s rooms this evening after dark.

He said nothing more, not wanting for the dragon to spill the beans about the fact they were going to test the resistance of the tentacle to the gem that very evening.

((Sorry for the wait, and it's just Malice Kja))

Malice knew that Gelltor would not be happy. He was currently staking out the warehouse where some of the stolen goods were being directed.

"Alright Sleet, I'll let him know."

Malice passed the message onto Gelltor who oddly enough did not explode in anger. He was more than just peeved, that was certain, but he understand it was an order from a commanding officer.

"Sometimes I regret helping her. But then I recall the purpose and decide that this is all worth it."

"Anyways, you want me to pick you up later?"

"No, I think I will start walking back shortly. I need some time to cool my own temper before facing her. If that stupid gray mess of an arm really is connected to his majesty than I can't afford losing my temper in her presence otherwise it will give her away which in the end gets at least us killed. She get's off scot free for killing us instead of making his majesty do it. On the other hand there is a chance that the spy may have reported in, I think I will check in with them on my way back."

Gelltor would stay put for an hour or two before he started walking back to the castle. It was a long walk and would likely take up the rest of the day.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rio took the blade back as he complimented her work.

"Thanks, I was focusing me magic on enchantments when I was still held by Hyro. I'll keep practicing."

She said shyly to Drac. After an awkward pause she handed the the hilt of the Zweihander to Matthew saying to Drac.

"Those sound a lot like my chromatic orbs, except they store magic rather than methods of attack and defense."

She said apparently regaining lost confidence.

((*pokepoke* Katelyn is waiting for Hyro to give her an audience... after that I can let the whole gem vs. tentacle thing go through and get Matthew to accept the sword.... ))

Hyro sighed as his servant interrupted him, mumbling something about Katelyn requiring an audience. Sighing, Hyro put down the blood-soaked tools he was working with and closed the magical rift, waving at the door to magically open it.

“What do you want, Katelyn? I’m a very busy man, you know. It may not seem like it but I do run the country, which entails more than listening to every single little problem you have. What piddly piece of minutia do you want me to help you work on now?” He asked irritatedly. Katelyn really had been asking for too much assistance recently. Maybe she had been a bad choice to command an important section of his military, even with that little experiment attached to her shoulder.

Boy, had that thing been a mistake. It only did a few things that it was supposed to do, though it was clearly doing something to Katelyn’s mind. He just didn’t know where in hell that influence was coming from, although he had his suspicions and those suspicions worried him immensely.

((Thar. I've been trying to pad this a bit.))

Katelyn bowed, eyes narrowed as she felt a slight annoyance at his words. It was not as if she came all that much and even those times she didn’t come for a social chat. Straightening again, she spoke with a strong voice and without hesitations.

“My Lord, I had a visit of your… assassin. He more or less ordered me to assist him however he needs and whenever he needs. Of course I do not wish to go against your orders, but I fear that it may impede the orders I got directly from you, my Lord. I just wish to get some clarity in what orders are most important. As said, I do not wish to go against your orders. But if I am to try to follow up both sides of orders, I fear I won’t have the time or the opportunity to fulfill my tasks. I beg your straightforwardness in this matter, my Lord. Am I to continue on the tasks and duties you requested of me or am I to follow the orders of your assassin, even if they might mean putting those other tasks on hold?”

She had tried to leave the annoyance at the assassin out of her voice, but she wasn’t sure if she had been all that successful. The man had angered her, more than angered her. And that was hard to ignore, especially with the strange rage coursing through her body the whole time.

Whenever Katelyn went to see Hyro, she always blocked her link to Sleet. A precaution from earlier experiences, though it was apparent that if the experience was harsh or painful enough, it was impossible to completely sever the link. Nevertheless it gave the ice dragon now a window of opportunity. Scanning the area, he tried to move as if he belonged and searched for the Grand Master. He couldn’t very well go ask around about him, but if he could find him, all the better. They had to try something about the tentacle tonight and something inside him wanted Maddox there with them.

((Sorry guys. I'mma be gone for a week. My parents kinda sprang something on me.))

((Scorpin, Matt is kinda leaving Rio hanging with that sword tongue.gif))

((Sorry, thought to wait for Hyro’s actions / reactions to Katelyn first. But here is a post!! smile.gif .))

Matthew lifted a brow as Rio handed him the sword, but she kept talking to Drac, not giving him a change to ask her why she had gone through the trouble of doing this for him. Inclining his head slightly, he tried to catch her eyes and thanked her.

“Thanks a lot, Rio. I eh- if there is anything I can help you with? That is, anything within my league of course. Won’t be much help with the magic side…” Questra nearly visibly rolled her eyes.

Stop being a dimwit, nuthead. Show her your gratitude.

Casting a glance aside at the hatchling – which was near to a size at which hatchling could be interpreted as an insult – and gave an odd look. Focusing back on the sword, he slid from the bench and stood up. Balancing the sword in his hands, he was surprised at just how light it felt. The balance was still perfect, despite the light weight. Taking a few steps, Matthew made sure to be in an empty area and made a few practice swings. Almost hearing the air being cut, he grinned and nodded appreciatively. Going through a few training moves, he tried out the sword with first both hands and then one hand. Both seemed possible, something which would normally not be with a regular Zweihander. Finishing a short series of training moves, Matthew walked back to the table.

“Feels good, you’ve got a talent there, Rio.”

Rio returned her attention to Matt and stammered. She hadn't expected to be offered help with anything in return. "Jeeze Rio, show a little guts. Say yes to the man before he dies of anxiety." Ayos Chided from his spot at the table. Rio's face turned hard at the telepathic message. "Don't be stupid he won't die of...." Having missed the equally silent altercation between Matt and Questra she suddenly stopped talking to Ayos to watch Matt practice. "...He's good..." "Hook, line and sinker." Rio didn't retaliate since she really felt like denying it wasn't right anymore. Matt returned and said her work was good. "Uh-thanks." silence followed for a second. "AND?" Rio seemed to snap back to reality after staring at her feet. "Oh! And, can you help me learn how to use a sword, I mean Halberd?" Ayos visiably face-palmed and sighed. Rio had turned a slight pink, glad that Matt had accepted the sword.

((Remind me again, but was there a scabbard with the sword? My memory is a big hole…))

Sitting back down at the table, he placed the sword flat on the table for the moment. Having his back to the food, Matthew lifted a brow at Rio’s request. Questra in the meanwhile was keeping an eye on Ayos. Though he couldn’t tune in on the conversation between the hatchling and Rio, it was plain to her that they were having a conversation. Glancing aside at Rio, she snorted and padded slowly over to Ayos.

“A halberd? Interesting choice of weapon. I haven’t used it much before, so I would need a little bit of practice with it myself before I can teach you. Just a few hours to get familiar with the move and feel of the thing. You got one in mind already? You going to lighten and strengthen it first?”

Having fun, Ayos?

((Oh my god… I seriously need to get back into writing, because my muse is taking a far too long holiday!!))

"You think so?" The words sounded eager even to Rio who clamed up until asked if she would strengthen and lighten it first. "Oh, I never thought about enchanting mine. Your's also has more to it than that. It will only break under very extreme circumstances and will never rust. As for one in mind, well the quarter master set it aside in the armory." Ayos looked over at Questra and nodded. "Yeah, a little I suppose. I'm just encouraging her to go for what she already wants. They're both just too shy. It's kinda funny, don't you think so?" he asked watching Rio and Matthew.

((*sneaks in guiltily* This is why DS should not have left.))

“Katelyn, let me explain to you how a military structure works. You do not go over your commander’s head simply because you are a bit suspicious of their orders. How would you enjoy it if one of the dribbling groups of idiots under your command came to you to question every single command their immediate superior gave them.” Hyro sighed again and stood up, fitting a bizarre looking glove on his arm.

“Now, Katelyn. This man is your superior, in more ways than one, so unless you are expressly told otherwise assume his orders ARE my orders. Now go away, even if I have perfect concentration there’s still a 70% chance that this thing will explode.” He ordered, the glove on his hand lighting up with a deep purple glow as he slashed down and re-opened the rift.

Edited by Kjakings