Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Hello, everyone! Stealthy is off on Spring Break, and I simply couldn’t leave you all hanging, so here I am to brief you all on the most recent best sellers by eggy authors. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Echtur, and I’m Stealthy’s Paper dragon. Here’s what’s happening in the written world of DC:

This first book I have with me is called “The Pumpkin Cookbook,” and was written by A PINK AND A MISFIT PYGMY FROM THE CAVERNS OF GIRLFAIRY76! This is a rather gruesome book, and not for the faint of heart, but if you’re interested in learning the best ways to cook Pumpkin Dragons, this is the book for you. According to the misfit, every recipe has been tested and no dragons were harmed during said testing. However, it then goes on to state that the pink’s stepfather (who just happens to be a Pumpkin dragon) does not count as a dragon. As suspicious as this may seem, the book is a big hit. The pink will be attending a book signing today with number 30, waterwaves, and the misfit will be at another book signing later this week with number 11, japandrago!

Next, I have a copy of “Let Live,” by A PAIR OF MINT EGGIES FROM THE CAVES OF RIKKA_ASHEN6! According to those brave enough to read it, this book is an in-depth guide to the mints’ new religion. The religion is fairly dull, comprising of a stripped down version of many Earth religions (none of which interest the dragon community much), all morphed together and supplemented wherever necessary by “meditate” or “run for your life and hide.” Because of the weak premise and execution, this book is most effectively used as kindling. Get your own fire-starter copy at one of two locations: the shop of number 20, NorthernWing, or the sketchy shack of number 29, girlfairy76!

The next book is called “Be Shiny,” by A GOLDEN WYVERN EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF KANAYE! The book outlines the basic traits needed to be admired, noting methods of obtaining said traits and the main exceptions that prove the rule. The basic premise seems to be that to be loved and/or adored one must be shiny in some way or another, and to become shiny one must either steal the shine from a metallic eggy or dragon, or just polish oneself for hours on end. Both methods seem rather tedious and not worth the time and effort, but many young, vain dragons are rushing to get their copy. You didn’t hear it from me, but there are still a few of these books left over at the warehouses of number 56, ReileeRizzle!

Okay… Let’s see… “The Draconic Pirate,” “Chickens as Appetizers,” “Dino’s Digest”… Ah! Here we go! “A Day in the Life of a Thuwed,” by A WHITE AND A WHITE STRIPE FROM THE CAVES OF ALABASTER_DEMON! Allegedly, these two eggies followed one of TJ’s dragons around for a day and recorded everything they did. Rumor has it, though, that in order to fill an entire book the two eggies bothered one of TJ’s dragons out of its wits with traps, riddles, and set-up situations. While that poor dragon is sitting down with a counselor right now, the two authors are making millions off their book. I hate to say this, but it’s actually a really good read, and you should get your own copy today! For autographs, the white can be found with number 50, Ice_SW, and the stripe is with number 9, CinderTheCat!

In the genre of Biographies, I also have “The Magic Of,” an autobiographical work by A GOLD TINSEL EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF JAYLENS_TWIN! Being an eggy, the tinsel had some trouble finding things to write about itself. So, instead of writing, it devoted its time to reading up on magical scrolls and attending scattered witchcraft classes. Now, it has published exactly one hundred copies of a ridiculously thick book. Most of the book’s pages are blank, but these are slowly being filled in. The eggy managed to enchant the books so they would stay up-to-date with their author’s life. It’s quite entertaining to watch a book write itself, so I suggest getting one of the limited copies while you still can. They are being distributed personally by the tinsel, who is currently visiting the home of number 19, BearTeddie!

The last book I have to showcase for you tonight is called “Lightbulb,” and was written by TWO GOLD EGGIES AND TWO BRONZE TINSELS FROM THE CAVES OF CATLOVER3288! The title is a nod towards the Terran inventor Edison, who went through ten thousand failed attempts before he managed to create a working light bulb. These four eggies have done the same thing, except they were taking over the world. In order to aid others on their quests for world domination, the group decided to compile the records of all their failed attempts and release these to the criminal hoi polloi. Not only does the book include detailed descriptions of what hasn’t worked, and the punishments and jail sentences pertaining to these failures, but it also includes suggestions on how to improve on and adapt these methods so that they may someday function as was originally intended. It’s a beautifully written work, with interesting artwork and craftsmanship, but if you want autographs, you’ll have to visit four different jails. The golds are currently being held in the dungeons of numbers 28 and 1, Niliana and kaagia, while the tinsels are incarcerated in the strongholds of numbers 37 and 14, RAWRRRR!!!!! and chiryu!

And that’s all I’ve got for you, folks! If Stealthy doesn’t show by the next giveaway, I’ll find another suitable story teller to entertain you guys for an evening. Can’t be that hard to do, can it?

Haha nice stories about stories Echtur! ^^ Messaging my winners now!

I really liked the stories today! The whole "story about stories" part amused me greatly, because this was my first thought:

user posted image

Yo dawg, I heard you like stories, so I put a story in your story so you can read while you read.

(Sorry if it's too big, I don't know how to change the size)

Edited by Engiype

PMed my winners! One egg was claimed, and the other winner politely turned down the other one.

Edited by alabaster_demon

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!!

Echtur you are an excellent story teller biggrin.gif

Hmm.... it would apear that i have forgotten to offer.

*sighs how time flies by*

I might not to be able to donate next time either. sorry everyone.

Edited by greasalotle124

How amazing ^-^

Thanks for the gold egg, and thanks bunches for the story about stories, I always wondered if my dragons read or write tongue.gif

I'll find something to donate for the next one ^-^

Echtur here! I can't stay long, because if Stealthy finds out I stole her quills I'm done for, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you all liked the stories.

Quick side note: Don't worry or be sorry if you're unable to donate. It's not a requirement, and besides, if there were twenty people donating per giveaway the list would be empty in a couple of weeks. xd.png

Neat, I thought I'd never be a winner. laugh.gif

Amazing stories, thanks again!

Re-add me to the list please~ cool.gif (Edit: Forgot the bold...) Edited by LadyLuck777

I have just been informed that I have plans for tomorrow afternoon. Because of this, the giveaway will be a full three hours early (probably no more than that, though). If you have donations, get them in before 3:00 pm. CST, preferably before 2:00 if possible. I am sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

EDIT: I now have a definite time: Giveaway will be up between 2:00 and 2:30 pm. CST (that's 3:00 and 3:30 Cave Time).

Edited by Stealthypugs

Welcome, everyone! I’m Nahr, one of Stealthy’s red dragons, in town for the Renaissance Fair. As I perched on a rocky outcrop that juts over part of the fair grounds, I couldn’t help but notice the numerous eggies helping out their masters at various shops and attractions. Some of them were rather interesting, so here I am to share their tales with you.

Among the first which caught my attention were A BLACK AND A ROYAL BLUE HELPING OUT THE FORTUNE TELLER YAOI_MALE27! They lured customers in with sweet words and tantalizing promises, leading them into a tent. The tent was filled with warm air, heavy with perfumes, and an intricate web of wind chimes kept up a soft jingling melody. As the customer was nodding off, one of the eggies sat opposite them chanting at a crystal ball, while the other picked the person’s pockets, stealing more than half of the gold they had on them. The chanting eggy would then make some prophetic sounding fortune-cookie prediction, and send the bewildered and groggy customer on their way. At the end of the day, the two friends split the goods and went their separate ways, the black to the caves of number 5, ChaosCorruptor, and the royal to those of number 45, Snowytoshi!!!

The next eggy’s story is rather more tragic than the last, concerning A GOLD EGGY WORKING AS AN ASSISTANT BLACKSMITH FOR APPLECAKES! Being an assistant, the eggy got many of the more menial jobs, such as keeping the fire going and fetching bits and pieces of metal. It had been working at the makeshift smithy for long enough that it had become completely covered in soot, but its gleaming golden shell was revealed when the eggy cleaned itself up for lunch. When it returned to work, a greedy customer was so bedazzled by the brilliance that they offered great riches in return for the young gold. At first AppleCakes refused the offer, but they soon gave in (perhaps because it’s hard to say no when there’s a sword at one’s neck). Thanks to an early warning from its former master, the eggy was able to escape the clutches of the wealthy customer. When night fell, it took up a room in a local inn belonging to number 7, DarkPalantir!!!

Hedge mazes are so much fun! It’s just so amusing to watch people wander around, lost and clueless, in a maze made of flammable, breakable bushes. To add to the entertainment, A SWEET MINT HATCHIE HAD BEEN RELEASED INTO THE MAZE BY RIKKA_ASHEN6! The mint scuttled amongst the bushes, fearing for its livelihood and feeling awfully claustrophobic. The rustling noises that its movements created made the humans unease; you should have seen how they jumped when the bush next to them moved! To make things even better, the first time the hatchie ran into someone it took off screaming like a banshee in the opposite direction, instilling dread into everyone that heard it. Oh, it was simply delightful! Eventually, the mint did find its way out of the hedges, and was calmed down by the kind number 52, dracocharky!!!

This fair is the largest of the year, and the grounds cover a massive expanse of land. If you want to get from one side to the other in a timely manner, you might want to invest a few coins in a carriage ride. Some of the younger drivers today were A SUN, A MAGI, AND A HELLFIRE EGGY RUNNING CARRIAGES FOR WHITE_TI_WOLF_14! I bring them up because you should avoid these drivers at all costs! They are new at this job and inexperienced in general, and though you might get to see a lot of the grounds that you wouldn’t have had time to get to, it’ll be hours before you reach your intended destination. I watched one of the eggies, admittedly with glee, carry its passenger in the same loop a full six times before it realized it wasn’t getting anywhere. Another one even took its passengers past their destination numerous times before the silly humans decided they better walk. If you’re determined to get a ride with one of these rascals, though, then I won’t stop you. You can find the sun with number 14, GathersScrolls, the magi with number 36, Sessi, and the hellfire with number 32, echoliz!!!

Where there are people with money, there will be shops competing for that money. One of the shops I recognized was a nifty little clothing store, and I couldn’t help but notice that A SUN AND A BBW EGGY HAD BEEN HIRED BY THE OWNER, SILVERROSE1290! The two eggies were there to advertise and draw people in, parading back and forth in front of the store wearing whatever garment they had happened to pick up earlier. Every twenty minutes or so, one of the eggies would disappear into the shop, only to emerge shortly thereafter sporting yet another outrageous and mismatched costume. It was hilarious, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the shop’s sales rose by a full 50% today. For autographs or a demonstration of their technique, you can visit the sun at the home of number 3, shinyferret, and the BBW at the caves of number 38, Kursedfire!!!

You can’t have a proper Renaissance Fair without some good old fashioned tournament competition! Sword fights, jousting, knights in shining armor! Of course, every knight has a trusted servant to polish their armor and sharpen their swords, three of which were A GRAY, A RED, AND A DAYDREAM, ASSISTING KNIGHTS AT THE STADIUM OF OLD_DUCK! This stadium has seen the rise and fall of hundreds of champions over the years, and though it may be old, it hardly resembles the water fowl for which it’s named. The eggies are kept busy all day, mending tears in chain mail, fetching water, brushing the horses, entertaining the ladies, and gambling. Granted, those last two might be frowned upon by their masters, but according to the eggies there simply isn’t a point to waiting on some stuck up knight if you can’t have a little fun in the meantime. Despite their debaucheries, these are a bunch of hard workers who will, for the most part, do as they’re told. In case you’re interested in hiring one or more of them, they’re staying at nearby caves with their current masters: the gray with number 49, SnowFlareon, the red with number 47, jaylens_twin, and the daydream with number 23, MotherHen!!!

I’ve managed to address almost everything with the exception of the most important topic: Food. Leg of mutton, pork shanks, turkeys on spits, roasted alligator, head of child—whoops! Did I say that out loud? Err… Let’s just forget that and move on to the assistant cook: A MAGI EGGY WORKING IN THE KITCHENS OF ALABASTER_DEMON! Though it’s paying close attention to how everything is prepared, this eggy has one of the dirtier jobs: gutting the animals. The resident butcher is on holiday, so the kitchens must slaughter and prepare all their own meat. This isn’t a problem, of course, for the cooks are acquainted with this line of work. That doesn’t mean they enjoy it, though, so they assigned their young assistants to do it instead. When that magi walks out the door tonight, it will be a sorry sight that smells delicious. Covered in guts and stomach juices and smelling of bile and blood, the magi will likely head to the nearest shower (or maybe, if it’s feeling particularly generous, it will let me lick it off), which just happens to belong to number 15, Autana!!!

That’s it! Nothing like a good Ren Fair to add some joy to life, eh? Well, I hope you all enjoyed the stories! Stealthy should be back for the next round, but if she’s not I’ll send a clown to keep you guys company. Enjoy the rest of your day!