Nakase

Project Default

Fiona- I've managed to figure out how to roughly line something in GIMP, but the line gets all wobbly and doesn't look like the crisp lineart I see on DA. That's first on my list, and then after that is how to color something without making it look like a little kid scribbled on it.

After that, transparency and how to use layers would be nice @.@ Paint is so siiiimple why does GIMP have to be so haaaaard?

Ok, a couple tips on making lines. One thing you can do is hold the shift key to make a straight line from the last point you clicked. This can quickly make fairly smooth lines around things. Another is to use the path tool and selection tools and under the Edit menu, choose Stroke Path or Stroke Selection. I use my tablet to make lines, and it does get wobbly, but I keep a hand close to the undo keys, and make short strokes so there's not as much to undo if I'm not happy with the line.

The one I actually use most of the shift key.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

user posted image

My stab at an avatar... ice dragon and nest ^^ (We are still able to submit these things, right?)

Made on GIMP ^^ Hopefully the dragon doesn't look too wonky, I was working with 400% zoom...

Edited by Dr. Paine

I like it, Dr. Paine

ETA: hey, on the Gimp tips thing? Is it a problem if I post those here, or should we go elsewhere? I don't want to hijack the thread. However, Jasi might not be the only one who'd like to figure out how to use the Gimp.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I like it, Dr. Paine

Thanks xd.png I was kind of worried that my non-detailed thing would be a bit out of place among the detailed stuff...

-gets to work on Aurora dragon avatar-

@Nakase: Yep, I decided to visit the forum again. I'm still just a lurker, but I should be appearing here and there more often. </off topic>

Got an icon done. smile.gif It's just a quick doodle I pulled out of my butt, but I guess it's okay.

user posted image

Oh wow, that one's neat.

-added Dr.Paine's and Khezix' avvies-

Come on peoples! its summer time, need to get cracking on this project biggrin.gif

We still need many of the current dragon breeds arted <3

What section do we check to see if we have permission on the art usage form?

Derivative fan art or Use as is fanart/avatars. xd.png

I'm not smart.

I would gladly do some if I knew I had permission or something. >__>

Sticky at the top of this page:

Derivative Fan Art (Drawings of/ Plushies) > Merchandise for Cave

Dovealove: Yes, but reserves the right to say no.

Her sprites: Water, Storm, Purple, Bright Pink (Old Pink), Pink (New Pink), White, Skywing, and Pebble.

PF13: Yes.

Her sprites: Magi and Guardian.

For the Standard Black - ask Silvanon. For Vines, Frills, and Daydreams - ask Lyth. For Any of the Seasonals, Balloons, or Dorsals - ask Shiro Shitoro. Just check that sticky'd thread above and compare it to the names listed at the bottom of each dragon on your scroll.

Yes, but I mean... I don't know if the artists are already working on this, and I am a coward. >_>

Yes, but I mean... I don't know if the artists are already working on this, and I am a coward. >_>

I am, but that doesn't mean people can't work on their own renditions of my creations. :3

PF13: Yes.

Her sprites: Magi and Guardian.

For the Standard Black - ask Silvanon. For Vines, Frills, and Daydreams - ask Lyth. For Any of the Seasonals, Balloons, or Dorsals - ask Shiro Shitoro. Just check that sticky'd thread above and compare it to the names listed at the bottom of each dragon on your scroll.

You're wrong about the dragons. The only thing I did to Magi was resize it. Guardian is the only dragon in the cave that is at all "mine".

Sorry PF13 was going off of the bottom of the credits page. I thought that you had a bigger role in the Magi than that.

user posted image

Sketch done by Jazi rest done by me, posting with permission for avatar use =)

I am, but that doesn't mean people can't work on their own renditions of my creations. :3

Vwee! biggrin.gif Would a vine or daydream one be alright with you? ohmy.gif >__> I understand if you don't want me to, just curious. xd.png

Also, I like that one. smile.gif

*pokes thiz* 'ello! Don't let this die please =3

*wonders where dolphin at with the celestials that she was painting*

HEY GUYS

GUYS HEY

user posted image

8D

*drools*

*pounces and hugs Lyth making sure to avoid the bee filled hand*

PRETTTYYYYYY!!!!!