superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

Rainpath finished the mouse. "Not so social, I could see," she said. She twisted her neck and began sharing tongues with her sister. "He needs a good dose of talking and hunting," Silentstorm joked. Rainpath let out a Mroow of laughter. "Well, have to go check the herbs again," she said and stood up to walk back to her den.

Nightfire woke up, not being able to sleep for some reason. He walked over to a spot that was shaded and secret. He looked up at the moon.

Silentstorm followed her sister. She had gotten a thorn from huntng and her paw was bleeding. Rainpath nodded towards the paw. "Lick it," she ordered and SIlentstorm obeyed. Rainpath extracted a few cobwebs and wrapped it around Silentstorm's paw. "It should be better in a few hours," Rainpath said.

Firekit awoke, seeing that Ravenwing is asleep still he silently padded away from the nursery, ducking instantly as he saw Nightfire in the clearing. 'Yikes! Imagine how much trouble I would be in if I get caught!' he thought, shivering at the thought - probably ending in later apprenticeship. 'Nooo! That would be the worst thing that could happen, better shake that away...' he continued to think, shuddering still.

------------------

Dawnpaw slept peacefully inside the apprentices' den, cuddling inside her cozy moss nest even more to seek for warmth from her nest.

Silentstorm padded out of the Medicine cat's den and almost tripped over Firekit. "Firekit!" she hissed quietly. "What are you doing here? Get back inside the nursery!"

Nightfire stood up and left his little spot. He walked out in the clearing and laid down. He sighed and sat up. Somethings different. But what? Nightfire stood up and decided to go hunting. He was best at night because of his pelt. He walked out of camp.

Firekit squirmened and then shuffled uncomfortably. "Well... I couldn't sleep... so I decided to get out of the nursery for some fresh air..." the young kit began, ears hot of embarrassment.

Silentstorm sighed. "Well, it can't be helped, can it?" she said and picked Firekit up by his scruff.

Rainpath heard some hissing and some movement, and thought nothing of it.

Nightfire spotted a vole and got into a hunters crouch. He stalked towards it and pounced. He quickly finished it off and ate it. He looked around as he heard bushes rustling. It stopped so he decided to continue hunting. He began stalking a mouse.

Firekit gave out a quiet whinny mew as he was tired, then he closed his eyes in Silentstorm's jaws. He never noticed that he was so tired... he really should get some sleep now...

Nightfire crept up on the mouse when it got scared and ran away. Nightfire tried to catch it, but when he almost had it, he felt a sharp pain in his back leg. He turned around to see a fox gripping his leg with its teeth. It was a small fox so Nightfire attacked it. The fox gripped his side in its jaws and blood spattered the ground. Nightfire let out a yowl of pain.

Silentstorm almost dropped Firekit when she heard a yowl of pain. She quickly set Firekit inside the nursery and raced out to where the yowl was heard. She saw Nightfire and a small fox. "Mouse brain," she muttered and lashed her claws across the fox's side. The fox yowled and crashed into Silentstorm. He fixed his fangs on her shoulder and she knew it was deep.

Nightfire grabbed the fox by pulled it off Silentstorm. Nightfire slashed at its face, making it loose one of its eyes. The foz ran off, but left some pretty bad injuries on Nightfire. He was bleeding badly. He looked over at Silentstorm. "Thanks for helping."

Silentstorm dipped her head. 'But next time, don't be a mouse brain and attack a fox. It's kits are alright, but not a fox," she advised and heaved herself back onto her feet. She limped slowly back to the camp, heading straight for her sister's den.

Firekit awoke from his half-sleep and saw Silentstorm trotting out of the camp. He had also heard a loud yowl before that. 'Oh boy, now that would've scared off all the prey from here to the Gathering Place.' he thought, then arose from the nursery again, picking up Silentstorm's scent and then trotting after her. 'Oh boy! I smell adventure! I wonder where Silenstorm's going?' he thought, excitement making his paws run faster.

------------------

Dawnpaw opened her eyes. Was that a scream she had heard? Oh well, it didn't matter, it wasn't even to dawn yet! 'Let me just sleep a little more...' she thought as she fell back to a deep sleep.

Silentstorm saw Firekit. "Firekit!" she scolded. "Get back," she ordered, almost falling head first onto the ground. "You could've been killed!" she said and nudged him back into the nursery.

Nightfire nodded his head and limped slowly to the medicine cats den. He plopped down at the entrance, aching and bleeding.

Silentstorm went into the den. Rainpath looked out and gasped. "What happened?" she demanded as she got some coltsfoot and marigold and some cobwebs. She chewed the colts foot and marigold into a pulp and put it onto Silentstorm's and Nightfire's wounds after she licked the wounds clean. Then she applied some cobwebs.

Edited by Konayuki of the Spirits

Nightfire stood up, only to sit down. "A fox attacked me while I was out hunting. Silentstorm came to help."

Rainpath nodded. "Nightfire, stay here in my den for a few days. No hunting or walking, by the looks of it. Silentstorm, stay over for tonight," she said and disappeared inside her den.

Nightfire limped over to a pile of moss in Rainpaths den. He curled up on it and closed his eyes, just trying to get over the shock.

(( im going to bed. night ))

Edited by CowlRaven

(Night Raven! I'm going to bed too soon! <3)

Firekit whinned as Silentstorm pushed him back into the nursery. "But that's not fair!" he whinned, coming out of the nursery again and walking over to the she-cat, protesting. "I wan't to get out of camp! I've never been out before! I want to feel the wind in my fur, the scents of the forest carried into my scent glands, go on patrols and explore borders and be able to hunt down my own prey!" he continued, whinning in mews.

Edited by Starsong

((can't do anything until broken comes on; oh wait I still have another char...nevermind ninja.gif))

Jaystreak heard some commotion outside the den but thought nothing of it as she continued to sleep in her den. She had a feeling that Ravenwing went on another walk probably to hunt for a late-night snack and hoped that she'd be ok. She was fine when she came back last time and I hope that she'll be ok once more when she returns.

Firekit decided that it was no use whinning. It's really late now, and if he doesn't get some sleep, he'll miss out all the fun the next sunrise. He padded back to the nursery sleepily, and instantly fell asleep when he closed his eyes.

Next morning...

Firekit woke up, feeling the warm rays of the sun shinning upon him. He opened his eyes, seeing that the camp was already growing busy as sunhigh was coming. He jumped up, shook himself and began to groom himself briskly and then charged outside, feeling excitement striking through him. 'Oh joy! Yet another fun day!' Firekit thought happily, padding around and then spotted Rainpath who was outside the medicine cat's den. He bounded over towards the she-cat, excited. "Hello Rainpath! Is there anything here I can help you with?" he asked, seeking for something fun to do today.