TJ09

2024-04-28 - April Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

The new wyvern reminds of Rodan for some reason. Maybe it's the color in tandem with the pterodactyl-ish design.

Edited by blockEdragon

Adults! \o/

Mewtie and I had been interested in making a Glowback x Pipio hybrid for a while, and we're excited to finally share them!

Their feather cape & collar/hood was inspired by jacobin pigeons:

jacobin.jpg.f1efbe4cc56fb096f3f11d6f1f0a85f1.jpg

It was the main image (along with the glowbacks' glowing tendrils) I had in mind when designing them.

And here is their initial sketch:

twinklecapesketch1.thumb.png.f5432a3c0c6025e8dda611ce61ebab64.png

The sky blue tail stripes were changed into a gradient and the wing membrane gradient was changed to have twinkling speckles instead during the sprite shading change, both of which I love. Thanks, Mewtie! 

Oh my goodness I love the description of the windriders! Both these dragons turned out very well! ❤️

Congrats to all the spriters and conceptors!

I love both of these dergs so much!! Ty spriters and concepters!! 

Posted (edited)

Hm, not as fond of the orange as I had hope from the hatchling, but not bad. It’s not a hybrid, but it looks to me like a Seratti/Cassare mix to me. 

The actual hybrid I do like more. Definitely it’s a glowback/pipio mix. Very cute. I love the color contrast and especially the poses and cute little faces

Edited by Talisraye

Lovely dragons and descriptions, thank you, spriters.

Eyyy the adults are out so I can start talking :D

Honestly not much to say though lol, but super happy I got a solo release! I'd never really thought of myself as that strong a spriter, so actually seeing something I made on my own get in really means a lot to me. Also I'm already seeing all the funny bus and plane names, keep em coming I love them all lmao

5 minutes ago, PiedPipecleaner said:

actually seeing something I made on my own get in really means a lot to me.

Congrats! Great job.

And congrats to the artists for the new pygmy, too. It is so cute and a nice blend of the parent breeds.

Pigmy is quite nice, the other isn't exactly my cup of tea... Windrider has a cool description, but his pose is stiff and colors look a bit flat. On the bright side it reminds me of the final Ikrai that Jakes rides in the movie Avatar, which is cool.

Love the Windrider, it paints a beautiful mental picture and reminds me of how remora fish tag along, but in the sky. The pygmy is very pretty too, gorgeous. 

Windrider the type of derg to open a can with its beak and go “eh….. it’s a livin’”

I love these guys! The Windrider’s pterosaur-like design is really fun, and its symbiotic relationship with pygmies is such a cool concept. The Twinklecloak is so adorable! I love their little feather hoodies :)

Gorgeous dragons!! I especially love the hatchling Windrider, such a cute pose and beautiful sprites! I started the release with no Pipios so I'm trying to get on that so I can get my hands on some beautiful little caped pygmies - they're so cool! Thanks so much to the conceptors and spriters! 

Gonna need to collect many pygmy taxis 🤩 love the new hybrid too, ty all!!!!

Thank you, everyone, for our lovely new dragons!

Oooh i love the adult sprites! I’m going to have to collect more. Wonderful work by the artists!

Thank you for the new releases! I absolutely adore the Windrider- it’s lovely to have more orange dragons added to the cave! I almost certainly will be giving my collection azhdarchid names, and I can’t wait to start planning lineages with these guys.

I love both of these lovely dragons because they have real names that I can actually pronounce and remember.   :D

And here are 2 more dragons to add to my ultimate amazing fav dragons species. Haven't had a new entry since the Stargate dragon. These are both beautiful and I love them and I want to collect more of them!

On 5/1/2024 at 5:25 AM, SkyWolf25 said:

Adults! \o/

Mewtie and I had been interested in making a Glowback x Pipio hybrid for a while, and we're excited to finally share them!

Their feather cape & collar/hood was inspired by jacobin pigeons:

jacobin.jpg.f1efbe4cc56fb096f3f11d6f1f0a85f1.jpg

It was the main image (along with the glowbacks' glowing tendrils) I had in mind when designing them.

And here is their initial sketch:

twinklecapesketch1.thumb.png.f5432a3c0c6025e8dda611ce61ebab64.png

The sky blue tail stripes were changed into a gradient and the wing membrane gradient was changed to have twinkling speckles instead during the sprite shading change, both of which I love. Thanks, Mewtie! 

I love pigeons!!! Hooray!!!!! Love the adults ❤️

My adults just grew!

Very nice couple of dragons. I confess the twinklecapes are my favourite! I really like how dc has hybrids which do not look much like their parent breeds, and hybrids that look very much like a mixture of their parents, like the twinkle capes. Even their poses reference the pipios and glowback adults! I adore their little hood, and their rainbow tails. Just very adorable.

The windriders are also good. I really love their lore of having pygmies hitch a ride on them, that's so cute. I like their colours with the nice gradient in the orange. And the headcrest.

Thanks to Pied, Mewtie and Skywolf for the brilliant dragons!

These are so beautiful! I can't wait for mine to mature so I can start breeding them.