Ioanna

Do you ever spend your Market points?

Posted (edited)

If so, do you spend it on cheap or expensive eggs?

I am curious, not sure anyone has asked this before xd

Edited by Ioanna

Yes. For Red dragon (because I have problem getting them when I started this acc) and Sonata (Silver obviously because I am tired of hunting it lol). Plan to buy Stat after I got enough shards.

Yes, for new releases that look as if they will be hard to get, and also I bought 2 Stats while they were 200 or something..

I'd like to buy some Citrine Gemshards but you can only buy those on Saturday and new releases typically happen on Sundays. So I'm keeping those shards saved up so I can buy what I need the Saturday following a release. Be funny if TJ decided to do a double release the day after I do buy them

Until I meet my scroll goals (4 CB males and 4 CB females of each breed), I'm saving up my shards for the things I have no chance of ever catching or trading for, which would be Golds, Silvers, and Stats. (Although I have managed a trade for a CB Silver.)

I have 2 Stats so far, but since they are both so expensive and so difficult to breed I'm really just focusing on the Golds and Silvers.

If we could buy guaranteed White Vespines, I would be buying those, but since the color is a gamble and I don't need any more Yellows, it just isn't worth the risk to me.

I’ve bought a Stat and two Silver Sonatas because I wasn’t sure I’d have time to catch my own. Other than that I can’t remember ever using the market. I was going to buy a second Stat but I was gifted one and managed to trade for another. 

I've saved up twice now and twice bought a full set of dinos for my birthday.

And one asrael when they were new...

Posted (edited)

I buy new releases if I miss the drop. That's about it.

I have bought a bunch of expensive dragons, but I've since saved up enough to where I could get several golds without breaking the bank.

Edited by Skadi

Two of my four stats were bought when they were still relatively inexpensive and I bought a  bunch of astreals because I didn't have the patience to catch  the fifty something cbs that I needed in order to have cb goals of all nine colors. But the biggest cost to me was the many, so very many tries to get the two white vespines I needed to finish those goals. They probably cost me more than all the rest together, even though they aren't that expensive!  

I've bought a stat, an aeon, and the occasional dragon when I'm impatient 

I bought 1 silver Sonata the first eclipse, because they were so cheap and I didn't want to risk not getting one from the cave 'cause I was going to be busy that day (I then, almost immediately, was able to grab 2), and I bought myself a Stat for my birthday last year.

I've never been fast enough to grab a rare; so I just splurged on a Silver (my favorite rare!). I also bought an eclipse sonata since I was having trouble grabbing them. I loosely collect codes with 6's in them, so I have been pleased both time to get a code including a 6 both times. I think that code lottery element is another fun part of market buying for me.

I bought a pair of Stats a couple months after release, and I think a couple of other ones. But I no longer buy things from it - I have everything I want rn

Posted (edited)

I once bought a Plated Colossus Dragon because I thought the "market get" URL showed what the code was going to be... Needless to say, it does not, and I did not get a Plated Colossus with the code "huntr" (or some other variation- I do not remember).

I've also gotten some dragons I didn't feel like stalking for- Golden Florets, one Drake or another, and something else I don't recall.

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I bought six Stateraes when they were only 1.2k each. Years later I got a bunch of silver Sonatas during the first few eclipses. That's pretty much it as far as I can recall.

ETA: Oh, I just remembered that back in 2018 (way before we discovered a reliable way to do solo experiments) I did buy a batch of 100 shard eggs to turn into Neglected. One of them was successful.

Yes, it had to be abandoned twice. It was an exciting moment.

Edited by Naraku

Saved up for ages and bought 2 Stats (very expensive both times something close to a year of saving for both...), currently slowly saving up for Aeons for a lineage project.  After that not sure what I'll spend it on, that's going to take a very, very long time to get enough shards for those Aeons...  I also have bought a few other breeds of things that I was having trouble getting ahold of at the time.

Only once, on a Stat lol

I have over 20k shards rn and no plans currently; I might buy another Stat at some point tho

I didn’t used to, but since stats are so incredibly difficult to find in the biomes and are incredibly hard to acquire (at least for me) in the hub, I’ve bought a couple pairs of them.

just got my second female today cos I saw this thread and I thought having 2 M/F pairs would be better than 2 Ms and one F.

but I don’t think I’ve bought anything else there ever 🤔 

Yes, but only for breeds I'm having a hard time finding more for as CB in the cave (ex. Sonata)

Posted (edited)

I bought some Gemshards when the new alts were first released a couple years ago, some extra Silver Sonatas during the eclipse, a Gold, and now 2 Stats!

So, I rarely use the market but when I do, it is for super rare eggs.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

I bought 2 stats, then several blacks (Since have had no luck now hunting them) and of course now I am off into the "Seasonal" lineage rabbit hole and am buying th "Spring" seasonal eggs until I get to either 16 or 32 just not sure how big I want to go. 😆

Not yet, but if I have catching problem in the future, I'll use them.