TJ09

2023-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins

Happy Holiday hunting and breeding to everyone!

I have bred a few of my holiday dragons for myself but likely won't mass breed, since the AP has gotten so overloaded the last few holiday seasons.

I've been hunting there and picked up a couple of nice 2Gs. Haven't only seen a few Light Weaver eggs fly through, but wasn't quick enough to catch any. Even if they drop right under my cursor!

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Happy Holiday hunting and breeding to everyone!

Haven't only seen a few Light Weaver eggs fly through, but wasn't quick enough to catch any. Even if they drop right under my cursor!

Same problem, along with the cursor!  Then, just as I was thinking most of the Light Weavers were going for trade, I manage to get some!  This morning 8.30 am was like it used to be in the AP dash!

Leaving the house a happy camper (didn't think I would be!)

happy holidays everyone!! excited to catch up on all the holiday dragons i've missed in the last few years, but the original holly dragons still hold a place in my heart ❤️

I bred both of my Light Weavers shortly after the event began. The two breedings resulted in a total of three eggs; holding onto one from each breeding, I was only able to release one to the AP this season. Unless other players have better results, the number of Light Weavers making their way to the AP may be rather low.

Are there any Light Weaver eggs showing up in the Holiday biome? I missed them last year and I'm not even seeing their description, let alone catching them!

3 hours ago, Twyro said:

Are there any Light Weaver eggs showing up in the Holiday biome? I missed them last year and I'm not even seeing their description, let alone catching them!

Same here.  Had 1 but still.

The biome is so stuck by older breeds and I saw only 17 hunters a few minutes ago (15 just now), I can't even hope to trade for it because limits don't let me catch any other CBs to offer for it. It's the hardest event of all. Ehhh.

Edited by Bialy

@Bialy and @Twyro unfortunately it's always really hard to get last year's release 😕 I got most of my CBs last year and only saw maybe one in the cave since they'd get picked up so quickly. I just got both of mine today. I wish both of you luck on getting them!! 🍀🍀

I bred both dragons from the last three years to be able to take 1 of each clutch.  My Dreamweavers gave me 4 and 3, so after taking my 1 each, there are 5 of them heading for the AP.

My first Light Weaver gave me four eggs, the second, disappointingly only two.

Sent some nice Light Weaver 2gs to the AP! Royal Blue and Gold parents 😄

Edited by Skadi

Ho boi I already decided against breeding some of my Hollies but I think I'll restrict the list even more next year, there's SO MAN of them on the AP lol

Still looking out for 1-2 nice 2nd gen Light Weavers but not holding out much hope for now 😅

I managed to pick up the pyranosts I was missing, 😊 

I bred an aegis from my prize for a friend  and it’s somewhat bemusing to see the eggs I couldn’t keep in the hub. I hope they find good homes….. 😊 

Edited by CandraCat

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

Those first few years when we dreamed of a Holly wall...

The monkey’s paw moved. They wanted a holly wall, well, they’ll get it… and so the wish was granted….

Edited by Rosedamai

ahh oh no!! all my eggs i bred died of sickness because ive been too busy to keep an eye on them and notice that they were sick :( 

4 hours ago, Quinney said:

I know, right? XD And our dream was granted!

Woooo Happy Holidays everyone!  I bred Patxaran (original silver tinsel) to a 2022 holiday / Light Weaver and so those eggs are in the AP!

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I know, right? XD And our dream was granted!

Hahaha, a wall all day here, and it's late afternooon now.  I'll never forget the look on my husband's face (who never played Dragon Cave)  when I finally got my first one.  'OMG, OMG, OMG, I got a Holly!!!' 😂😂

7 hours ago, Quinney said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! I spent so much time back then trying to grab just 1. Would never have imagined we would actually get a wall at some point 😂

20 hours ago, Bialy said:

Same here.  Had 1 but still.

The biome is so stuck by older breeds and I saw only 17 hunters a few minutes ago (15 just now), I can't even hope to trade for it because limits don't let me catch any other CBs to offer for it. It's the hardest event of all. Ehhh.

Is there any chance that the last year dragon eggs start appearing more frequently in the holiday biome somehow? I've been failing to even see one for the past two days.