TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

So when will this happen? I really am bummed about this one I have 4 gold/orange ones and have not seen a blue one at all. Not in the market even.  I guess IF the blue one hit the market I will get them then. But I will just have to get over the silver ones 

Nobody knows. It is totally wait and see.

20 hours ago, Whiteberry said:

3 days time . . . 

Thanks, TJ.

Or three hours ? It's moving quite fast...

just a theory, but maybe the reason why only golds are drooping right now is because the gold moon is larger and overpowers the blue moon when they have similar phases????

14 minutes ago, WestWindReborn said:

just a theory, but maybe the reason why only golds are drooping right now is because the gold moon is larger and overpowers the blue moon when they have similar phases????

That's the most likely option as the Sonatas seem tied to the Moon's phases (Size wouldn't matter per say)

Anyhow, someome make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one reading the words 'A lunar eclipse is near' (and subsequently will probably read the words 'A lunar eclipse is here') in All Might's voice from My Hero Academia?

7 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Anyhow, someome make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one reading the words 'A lunar eclipse is near' (and subsequently will probably read the words 'A lunar eclipse is here') in All Might's voice from My Hero Academia?

well now I can’t unhear this in my head 😂

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Or three hours ? It's moving quite fast...

You can tell by the pictures posted from yesterday's visual with the moons that each tick is a day. Cirion has moved by one tick on its side (the lines towards the inside of the graph), and Aurax has also moved by one tick on its own side (the outside lines).

20 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

One thing that's confusing me, and a few others, is the coloured sections on the moon graphic seem to indicate the shadows?

I had assumed it's because the light is coming from the left, so the left side of the moons is in the light. If you imagine someone looking up from the planet, you can see that most of the moon is in the light from that perspective:

6n3mkOJ.png

...thereby indicating waxing gibbous.

But! Looking at the CSS, that's not what's going on there, since e.g. the Aurax image is one part of this sprite sheet. Curious. That does seem inverted, then.

So... Are we thinking they're going to drop them in the Cave? 

I've been sick and not paying much attention to this thread unfortunately. 

Just now, AsymDoll13 said:

So... Are we thinking they're going to drop them in the Cave? 

I've been sick and not paying much attention to this thread unfortunately. 

Nobody's sure--they could drop in-cave, they could be breed only.

One theory is they'll be breed-only specifically as a "hybrid" where they require one blue and one gold parent (or both silvers)

The thought is that they will drop in the cave when the moons are right.

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Nobody's sure--they could drop in-cave, they could be breed only.

One theory is they'll be breed-only specifically as a "hybrid" where they require one blue and one gold parent (or both silvers)

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

So we wait and see. Got it. ^^

Edit: Meant to say thanks. Oops. lol

Thanks!

Edited by AsymDoll13

16 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I hope that's not the case!  Think of the scramble. I think it will be a gold/blue hybrid--fingers crossed!

On 5/3/2023 at 9:02 AM, birdzgoboom said:

Anyway— I hope everyone is able to get the Eclipse variant. I’m not sure how rare it is, but I’ll be right there scouring the cave alongside you.

I am thinking they're going to drop in the cave, based on this. (boldface mine for emphasis.)

I am excited by the possibility of them being caveborn, much more so than I would if they were simply a hybrid.

To me, the Hybrid (Gold and Blue) theory does and doesn't make sense.

It does because both moons together but also doesn't because it seems the Gold variant is/will be more common* than the Blue.

Also, if it wasn't for getting blues on day 1 of the release, there'd be no way of knowing so soon if gold x blue = silver (imagine if only the golds dropped)

I think the most valid theory is, regardless of bred or CB status - Sonata eggs under the eclipse will be the Silver kind

We already know they don't breed true (thanks people who bred their blues and got gold eggs) - which meand color is dependent on the dominant moon at the moment.

But that's just my thoughts

*Given that due to the moon phases only golds are dropping at the moment, and it seems the gold moon is more dominant overall

If anyone is smart enough to figure out (would have to be a lot smarter than I am) how long the intervals on the graphic equal in real time, it should calculate when the eclipse will occur (unless it will in fact be real time). I.e. How long in real time is equivalent to one of the 32 or 16 intervals on the graphic. 

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

I had assumed it's because the light is coming from the left, so the left side of the moons is in the light. If you imagine someone looking up from the planet, you can see that most of the moon is in the light from that perspective:

6n3mkOJ.png

...thereby indicating waxing gibbous.

But! Looking at the CSS, that's not what's going on there, since e.g. the Aurax image is one part of this sprite sheet. Curious. That does seem inverted, then.

Where does one find that moon calendar?? 

TJ posted the graphic for the lunar eclipse 23 hours ago.

Comparing with the position now, Aurax moved one notch, and Cirion two.

So we'll hava a partial eclipse tomorrow around this time? Or a full one in two days?

At the end of the day, if the breed counter doesn't go up, I don't really care if I get a silver.  I really only want a 100% breed counter and cb z'dragons to breed, I'm not a completist when it comes to breed variations if they don't move the breed counter up.  Also, if they are in the cave rather than a hybrid, presumably they'll be in the market, and I can just buy one.  I have over 18K shards or whatever they are.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

It didn't go up between blue and gold sonatas, so I don't see why it would for the silver.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

It didn't go up between blue and gold sonatas, so I don't see why it would for the silver.

That's my hope!

10 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

TJ posted the graphic for the lunar eclipse 23 hours ago.

Comparing with the position now, Aurax moved one notch, and Cirion two.

So we'll hava a partial eclipse tomorrow around this time? Or a full one in two days?

They've both moved one tick on their respective sides, haven't they?

Yesterday:

Spoiler

Εικόνα

Today:

Spoiler

image.png.1337817e58e19555982e0f3bcca44616.png

15 minutes ago, Stirfry said:

If anyone is smart enough to figure out (would have to be a lot smarter than I am) how long the intervals on the graphic equal in real time, it should calculate when the eclipse will occur (unless it will in fact be real time). I.e. How long in real time is equivalent to one of the 32 or 16 intervals on the graphic. 

Each tick is a day, so the eclipse should be from the 10th to the 11th.

21 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Also, if it wasn't for getting blues on day 1 of the release, there'd be no way of knowing so soon if gold x blue = silver (imagine if only the golds dropped)

If the silver is a gold x blue bred only variant, I think it was probably even more of a deliberate choice to have both golds and blues drop initially, so that people can breed the silvers when the eclipse comes. So I wouldn't consider that evidence against that theory. 

4 minutes ago, Murkydepths said:

There's silvers listed in the market. Bought one, but it came out gold.

Tried buying a silver sonata after reading this comment just to check, and I can also confirm that the silver sonata turns gold after you click the purchase button. 

i grabbed a cb and that also turned out orange, i wonder if it's just a chance for silver or if they're glitched like the market ones