zippuzzle

Winter in July – Mass Breeding Holidaykins to the AP

What is your favorite Winter Holiday Dragon?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Winter Holiday Dragon?

• Holly Dragon (2007)
    • Yulebuck (2008)
    • Snow Angel (2009)
    • Ribbon Dancer (2010)
    • Blizzard Wizard (2011)
    • Wrapping Wing (2012)
    • Solstice (2013)
    • Mistletoe (2014)
    • Ageis (2015)
    • Snow (2016)
    • Garland (2017)
    • Starsinger (2018)
    • Wintertide (2019)
    • Glystere (2020)
    • Pryanost (2021)
    • Light Weaver (2022)
    • I like Winter Seasonals best!
    • I prefer Ice dragons!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2023 at 04:00 PM

Winter In July - Let's bring some Snow and Ice to the Summertime

Berry_hatchling.gifHolly_egg.png Carmine_hatchling.pngYulebuck_egg.gif Mint_hatchling.gifSnow_Angel_egg.gif Lunar_Herald_gold_mature_hatchling.png Ribbon_Dancer_egg.gif Almerald_hatchling.gifBlizzard_Wizard_egg.png Monarch_mature_hatchling_female.gifWrapping-Wing_egg.gif White_hatchi.gif

Do you love finding new things in the AP? I love the AP, and I have seen some really fun mass-breeds done before. To my newbie knowledge, there isn't a regular summer DC event, so I thought – what if the community bands together for Winter in July!? Especially with the addition of those beautiful Hanukkah dragons, and the snowy themes we’ve already had, I would love to see how many winter holiday lineages we can get into the AP. If we get enough people participating, maybe we can even lower the egg time, like during the different holiday events! This will also be a fun way for folks to find new projects for December, with plenty of time to plan ahead.

What: Winter in July (Community AP Takeover): Breed winter holidaykins to the AP for the week of July 23rd to July 29th, as many as you can!

When: Last week of July, the 23rd to the 29th. Need a reminder? Join the Sunday ping list below!

White_hatchi.gifSolstice_egg.gif Wisteria_hatchling.gifMistletoe_egg.png Equinox_mature_hatchling.pngAegis_egg.png Pillow_female_hatchi.pngSnow_egg.pngCelestial_corporeal_hatchling.gif

I’m open to advice or rules suggestions! This is a discussion thread, so it isn't for requests or gifting. If that's what you're looking for, you should check out:

Special Release Offspring Gifting Group 2.0
Breeding/Gifting
DC Community Notice Board

Ideally, dragons bred for this project would be from nice lineages, rather than something super messy. It'd be really lovely to breed lines we'd be excited to share with other folks, or some of our lineages that we're proud of – the more of us bring lineages we’re excited about, the better the event will be!

Even if you only have one pair you want to breed, every egg helps!

The more people participate, the more likely the event will “show up” on the AP. Of course, there will be a ton of other eggs on there anyway, and you can breed whatever you like, but I bet we can get enough people participating to make this a fun project that appears on the AP anyway.

No pressure to breed if you sign up and then Things Happen - it's just for fun! You can message me privately if you want to be removed from the ping list, no questions asked, or you can just ignore the ping when it comes. Zero pressure, just fun – but I can’t do it alone! Who’s in? ^^

Falconiform_mature_hatchling_female.png Garland_egg.png Ice_hatchling.gif Starsinger_egg.png Lihnseyre_hatchling.png Wintertide_egg.png Copper_rainbow_mature_hatchling_female.pGlystere_egg.pngBolt_mature_hatchling.pngPryanost_egg.gif Antarean_hatchling.gifLight_Weaver_egg.gif Astaarus_hatchling.png

List for Reminder Ping
(Will be pinged on Sunday, July 23rd, to remind that the event is starting)

mishhelle
StarlightLion
Anareta
mishhelle
StarlightLion
Anareta
Skadi
KittyHawkMC
Tiira
GhostMouse
Dragongirl141998
Arcy
Mnkn10
Dizzywing
meeps114
gayrurumon
Jazeki
Gwathgor
purplehaze
WereJace
PrincessLucy
Mochi
BringsTheSnow
miaou
Chococat0815
jellystualy
ninish
Ruffledfeathers

zippuzzle (I can’t miss my own event! How embarrassing would that be??)

--

Berry_hatchling.gifHolly_egg.png Carmine_hatchling.pngYulebuck_egg.gif Mint_hatchling.gifSnow_Angel_egg.gif Lunar_Herald_gold_mature_hatchling.png

Banners, art by zippuzzle, feel free to use if you'd like ^^

Winter in July Holidaykin Massbreed - Drawn image of Yulebuck in Sunglasses - 200 x 75 size

Winter in July Holidaykin Massbreed - Drawn image of Yulebuck in Sunglasses - 200 x 100 size

Edited by zippuzzle
<3

I like this idea, and have some nice lineages I can breed for the event.  sign me up, please! 

I'm all in on this, and I'm sure everyone can guess which dragon I voted for XD Please sign me up, I will 100% forget without the ping ^-^

@mishhelle awesome, I can't wait to see them!
@StarlightLion Snow_egg.png hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's so difficult to..... Snow_hatchi.png guesssssssssssss...........  wonder what it could be................  Snow_mature_hatchi.png A real mystery on our hands here!
@Anareta glad to have you! Thanks for joining ❤️

I'll sign up. Christmas in July seems funny, and I have a lot of CB holidays to breed. I will take the ping reminder.

Edited by Skadi

This is such a cute idea! I'd love to be added to the ping list ^_^ Now to make sure I gather mates for my 2gs to make some pretty checkers before July... B) 

Sounds like my thing! I'd love a reminder, too. But that poll is definitely missing an option - I wanted to vote for "all of them"! ❄️

I'm in! ❄️

By the way, to prevent your posts from merging, you need to either wait a while (I think an hour?) between posts. Or you need someone else to make posts in between the posts you want to split, and then have them hide their posts when you're done.

@Skadi I'm glad you thought so too!
@KittyHawkMC heh, I'm also working on a couple more G2 mates, but I think there's enough time to prepare (in theory...)
@Tiira Haha, fair! I thought it was a bit long but I sort of wished I'd added the option after it was too late ^^;;
@GhostMouse Ohhhh that makes sense, thank you for letting me know! It looks like I'll probably have enough room, I hope, but I think I can put the ping list in a Google doc or something if I gotta. Next time though ^^
@Dragongirl141998 Awesome, I'll add you ^^

Reminder list updated ^^ Thank you all for your interest, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes in a few months :D

Reminder list updated! I'm so excited to see people interested in this idea, I honestly can't wait to see everyone's lines <333

Giving this a little lovetap since it's roughly a month out. A reminder to finish up any pairs you been leaving to the last second (like meeeeee orz) and happy to add more folks to the pinglist \o/

Ping me as well, please! Not sure if I have any interesting lineages to continue, but at least I'll contribute with some 2Gs ^^

16 hours ago, Gwathgor said:

Not sure if I have any interesting lineages to continue, but at least I'll contribute with some 2Gs

Agreed that 2Gs are always a happy find for me!

And I will be glad to participate in this event. @zippuzzle please add me to the ping list. :)

Yeah buddy, drop me a reminder too!