zippuzzle

Winter in July – Mass Breeding Holidaykins to the AP

What is your favorite Winter Holiday Dragon?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Winter Holiday Dragon?

• Holly Dragon (2007)
    • Yulebuck (2008)
    • Snow Angel (2009)
    • Ribbon Dancer (2010)
    • Blizzard Wizard (2011)
    • Wrapping Wing (2012)
    • Solstice (2013)
    • Mistletoe (2014)
    • Ageis (2015)
    • Snow (2016)
    • Garland (2017)
    • Starsinger (2018)
    • Wintertide (2019)
    • Glystere (2020)
    • Pryanost (2021)
    • Light Weaver (2022)
    • I like Winter Seasonals best!
    • I prefer Ice dragons!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2023 at 04:00 PM

finally bred my bunch, several 2Gs and a few checkers and a 4G SAlt will be on their way to the AP in the next three or so days :) happy winter in July everyone!

Got around to breeding mine (thanks for the ping!!) Including my ungodly hoard of Snows XD Looking forward to sifting through the AP for some pretties!!

edit: I bred my 3G Snow x Green Siyat but I don't think that it will show up early enough in the AP to hatch green, so I figured I'd drop it in here!

https://dragcave.net/teleport/a54630901f54c3a7029a1da8d017ee03?new=1

Edited by StarlightLion

Abandoned 26 Holidaykin 2Gs just a little while ago. I hope whoever finds them enjoys :)

Tomorrow I'll go through my Holiday 2Gs to see if I can add any more.

Aand I've run out of purples. 😹

Here are two bronze shinies, preferably for someone with gold-winged snow angels. Feel free to take one or both, for yourself or a friend!

Eastern

Western

Find more checkers and some 2Gs on the AP in a few days!

Edited by Tiira

5 hours ago, StarlightLion said:

edit: I bred my 3G Snow x Green Siyat but I don't think that it will show up early enough in the AP to hatch green, so I figured I'd drop it in here!

https://dragcave.net/teleport/a54630901f54c3a7029a1da8d017ee03?new=1

Thanks! I will be watching the AP for more of your Snow-kins!

Bred some of my Valentines yesterday, but still have lots to breed and then all my Christmas lines.

Spotted this thread a while back and then promptly forgot about it.  Add me, please, and I'll go and round up my holiday crowd.  NB - of course, for anyone in the southern hemisphere (not me) it's always winter in July ;)

Edited by LadyMadonna

just finished breeding! i hope this becomes an annual thing because, in addition to being fun, i learned a lot. like i have a horrifying number of holiday dragons in need of mates before december. 😅😅😅

so i was not quite as productive as i'd hoped to be, but i did manage to send 100+ 2gs and 3g/4g checkers to the ap over the past 3 days (including a handful of saltkin checkers). hopefully some of them will make it to scrolls where they'll be helpful or even inspiring. 😊

thanks for putting this together, @zippuzzle! 🎅🌴💚

I'm so excited by how many people are enjoying this idea! I would definitely be up for trying to make an annual thing of it, so if folks would want to be added to a ping list for next year please DO let me know! I'll make a note in my calendar to hopefully remember myself xD;

I can't wait to see all the holidaykins in the AP!

Me too! This is a really good exercise in finding out which dragons I need to breed for Christmas as well as fun in general!

Also, I'm in the southern hemisphere, y'all are right and it is truly already winter XD

Sent a handful more holidaykins to the AP just now. This has been a lot of fun, please feel free to put me on the pinglist for next year too ❤️

I forgot this was a thing! I'll go breed my dragons now. I'd love if this was made an annual thing and would love to be added to next year's pinglist.

This is awesome! I just picked up an unrelated 4g holiday checker to match one I built last year. Thanks for organizing this, zippuzzle! 

Also, please add me to the ping list for next year too. I would absolutely participate again. 

I finally got my scroll locked up enough to breed my holidays and have everything auto abandon.

Bred all 194 CB holidays, and now I am going to do my holiday checkers.

Still working on breeding my Christmas ones. I found a second gen in the AP that will make a mate for one of my Soulstones. Also bred a couple of things to keep for myself.

please add me to the pinglist too! 💚

@zippuzzle -- i think i need some clarification on "holiday dragons". is this only for the ones called "holiday dragons" in their descriptions and the market (i.e. the december ones), or is it for all event dragons (including halloween and valentines)? i only did december... did i misunderstand? 🐈 

49 minutes ago, miaou said:

i only did december... did i misunderstand? 🐈 

I also only bred my winter holidays, I think that was the original idea, filling the AP with wintry lineages in the middle of summer. Some people just decided to extend it and do the other holidays as well. 😸

(And yes, July is not a summer month for all players, but at least in the world of DC it is!)

I think the original idea was that only the December holiday dragons needed to be bred, since this event has a "Christmas in July" sort of theme. I don't usually see dragons from Valentines and Halloween referred to as just "holiday dragons" either - "special release dragons" is the umbrella term I've seen around, probably to avoid this sort of confusion relating to the word holiday.

Some people probably just decided to go ahead and breed their other special release dragons while they were at it, which I doubt anyone sifting through the AP will mind. More presents under the tree never hurts, even if they are a little off-theme.

7 hours ago, miaou said:

@zippuzzle -- i think i need some clarification on "holiday dragons". is this only for the ones called "holiday dragons" in their descriptions and the market (i.e. the december ones), or is it for all event dragons (including halloween and valentines)? i only did december... did i misunderstand? 🐈 

I meant for it to be the winter Holiday dragons, as sort of a play on 'Christmas in July' though we have a bunch of really lovely winter dragons who aren't actually Christmas themed so it didn't feel right to actually call it that. I know winter/summer depends on the hemisphere, but I wasn't sure how else to specify which holiday dragons I was thinking of. But, like a few folks have already said, I don't think anyone will mind some spooky or romantic themed gifts mixed in! There've been some really lovely things in the AP this week, and I found a pretty Solstice checker I'm excited to try to work on a mate for, so I'd say that the event has been very successful so far ❤️

Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a long couple days ^^;  I'll work on collecting names for an annual pinglist though, I'm really glad so many people liked the idea and have been having fun participating in it!

thanks, @zippuzzle, @gayrurumon@Tiira! now i know for next year. :D

i caught some super pretty checkers in the ap and i think they were probably from someone participating in this massbreed, but there's no scrollname on the parents. so i'll just say a blanket thank you to everyone who sent eggs to the ap!

finally got around to breeding (-:

31 truffle checkers, 23 2Gs (mainly silvershade and algarre), and 60 other checkers/stairs/whatevers

Got three nice checkers that I assume are from this event - one Elux Lucis and two Vines (I just hope that I didn't mix them up when influencing, because they're supposed to be different genders), one of which alted :D

I got two more purples available and sent two more eggs to AP - a bit late, I know, but I didn't want to see any refuses! So now I have at least tried all my CBs, though not all of them produced.