Darth Krande

'New dragon' as breed in Trades

Obviously, the name of a breed that was freshly released to the Cave is not yet commonly known, and also it takes time for the Encyclopedia page to activate. Without a name and an Encyclopedia entry, you cannot search the Trades hub for that specific breed, even though those are usually the most actively traded pixels during a release.

So, I'd like to ask for a generic 'new dragon' label by which one could filter the trades just like with the older breeds. When the breed's name is public and becomes searchable in the Trading hub, the 'New dragon' tag would be removed until another new release. 

100% support for some form of this!! Really any form of this!! Typing in "NR" into the manual search bar doesn't cut it, especially when it's just going to give you a list of people who do not have NRs and are just asking for it!! Having an actual category for NRs without known names yet would help a ton!!

I would love this, because some people don't even put NR into their wants for people to search

So how would this function for multiple breeds in the same release? Would they all have to be coded as the same thing and show up under the same new dragon tag? I think it would be helpful, just trying to imagine the specifics. 

Actually if you put in NR under "want" they show up now. I thought everyone.... the want thing just brings up dragons - it can't seem to tell that's what you are LOOKING for...

I'd prefer an "Unknown breed" filter; it'd be useful throughout the year for folks who want to find things like unbreedables they haven't unlocked yet.

The suggestion itself is great and I support it,

15 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I'd prefer an "Unknown breed" filter; it'd be useful throughout the year for folks who want to find things like unbreedables they haven't unlocked yet.

but this possible implementation may just be my favorite! It lines up perfectly with the way new releases are categorized within group/fertilize selector filtering. If you type #unknownbreed in the "Filter dragons" field, new releases that you own will show up. Try it! :D

26 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

The suggestion itself is great and I support it,

but this possible implementation may just be my favorite! It lines up perfectly with the way new releases are categorized within group/fertilize selector filtering. If you type #unknownbreed in the "Filter dragons" field, new releases that you own will show up. Try it! :D

Tried it out of curiosity, and my Duotones showed up as an unknown breed. I can buy them in the market, but they’re not showing any encyclopaedia entry for me. Is that just me, or a general glitch?

48 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

Tried it out of curiosity, and my Duotones showed up as an unknown breed. I can buy them in the market, but they’re not showing any encyclopaedia entry for me. Is that just me, or a general glitch?

It's you! You need to complete the encyclopedia entry for Duotones by viewing enough hatchlings and adults, otherwise it will keep registering as an unknown breed. (This goes for any breed whose encyclopedia entry is not complete.) You can use Dinala's spreadsheet to make completion easier.

Edited by 0x08

So did mine! Is that because they have no Encyclopaedia entry? Or because they can't grow up, so they remain an "unknown breed"?

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

My leetle tree showed up :blink:

3 hours ago, Tiira said:

So did mine! Is that because they have no Encyclopaedia entry? Or because they can't grow up, so they remain an "unknown breed"?

The former. ;)

Support! As for the "unknown breed" filter, I have Dinos unlocked in the Market & the trading hub menu, but they still show up in the #unknownbreed group filter because I haven't fully unlocked them in the Encyclopedia, so implementing that filter in the trade hub without any adjustments would likely result in confusion.

13 minutes ago, Aie said:

Support! As for the "unknown breed" filter, I have Dinos unlocked in the Market & the trading hub menu, but they still show up in the #unknownbreed group filter because I haven't fully unlocked them in the Encyclopedia, so implementing that filter in the trade hub without any adjustments would likely result in confusion.

Only as much confusion as we already have, if the Unknown Breed option is based off egg unlocks like other breeds in hub filter.

4 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Only as much confusion as we already have, if the Unknown Breed option is based off egg unlocks like other breeds in hub filter.

Oh, that actually makes sense! So let's just reaffirm my support for this suggestion, with either type of impelementation :)

7 hours ago, 0x08 said:

It's you! You need to complete the encyclopedia entry for Duotones by viewing enough hatchlings and adults, otherwise it will keep registering as an unknown breed. (This goes for any breed whose encyclopedia entry is not complete.) You can use Dinala's spreadsheet to make completion easier.

Thanks for the suggestion/help. 😊

Edited by oxoniensis

3 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

There is literally no encyclopaedia entry on my Duotones, ie no link from an adult Duotone to their encyclopaedia page. But thanks for the suggestion/help. It just struck me as odd that they both came up as unknown and lack the encyclopaedia link.

Yeah, that's because you haven't unlocked the adults on Encyclopedia, which can be done just like @0x08 instructed. :) You can still access the incomplete encyclopedia entry via the Encyclopedia page, but the link will appear on the dragon's page only once the adult form has been unlocked by observing or raising enough of them.

Best would be both. I'd love to have 'new dragon' for a release, and 'unknown breed' for things yet unlocked. 

10 hours ago, Aie said:

Yeah, that's because you haven't unlocked the adults on Encyclopedia, which can be done just like @0x08 instructed. :) You can still access the incomplete encyclopedia entry via the Encyclopedia page, but the link will appear on the dragon's page only once the adult form has been unlocked by observing or raising enough of them.

Yes, thanks. It’s just such an old dragon, that I raised most before the encyclopaedia was around, so hadn’t got around to clicking on them all to bring up the encyclopaedia link.