purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2022

3 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

After all that waiting... my dragons refused. I'm devastated.

oh nooo 😞 do you still have to wait for the timer before they breed again? that sucks

Yep. I do. Sigh. Glad I grabbed some more from the market. They should grow up in.........6 days. Ack! I'm so behind! Stupid dragons. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Was it a Complete refusal? Or just no egg produced?  Perhaps a Purple could help next time?

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): 2miFs

What Gen are you on now?: 2 

Edited by Mochi

6 hours ago, DraconicDetective said:

oh nooo 😞 do you still have to wait for the timer before they breed again? that sucks

Actually, if it was a complete refusal -- as in they "refuse to go near each other" -- that pair will never breed with each other, so she will have to use a different pair, or at least a different mate for one of them. :( The Purple dragon's Fertility BSA can keep that from happening, so I highly recommend using it on any pair that has never bred before. Once they have bred one time, they will not refuse, although they still may not always give you an egg.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Actually, if it was a complete refusal -- as in they "refuse to go near each other" -- that pair will never breed with each other, so she will have to use a different pair, or at least a different mate for one of them. :(

ohh that sucks.. hopefully it goes smooth from here on out!! 🙏 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Here!

What Gen are you on now?: 2nd

So happy to do my first breeding for the project rather than just raising the starter dragon.  :D  I can hardly wait to others lineages when they get longer.

Welp, I got the "Dragon's don't show much interest" message, even used Fertility. Guess I'll try again next week 😕

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):  https://dragcave.net/lineage/nQVhj

What Gen are you on now?: 2

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Welp, I got the "Dragon's don't show much interest" message, even used Fertility. Guess I'll try again next week 😕

Nooooooo  :(

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

:(

Edited by galleri

36 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

That is so disappointing. :( Refusals and No Interest both happened to me a couple of times durring last year's challenge. 

5 hours ago, Aizaka said:

14 hours until my lil' hatchie finally grows up! (Got her May 2)  :)

https://dragcave.net/view/ZdvSs  

Been debating on a Z name vs a wisteria-based flower name..

Do both? Z'Wisteria Flower Name. ;)

So, I got my first egg from the lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/B7GOn

Problem is, uh... I was egglocked and it is now among the cave in AP. ^^; 

Guess next week I'll have my first egg up. Unless I somehow catch this egg back XD 

(If I do catch it, I shall post a "lineage gets longer" post.. I'm pretty persistent with catching.)

Edited by LadyAngeliki
had to add clarification this is not a "lineage gets longer" post :P

4 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Problem is, uh... I was egglocked and it is now among the cave in AP. ^^; 

Oh no! You are not the only one to have done that this week, though, and I will repeat the advice that Fuzz gave to ravensunset.

Re-name the parents! "Please return to LadyAngeliki" and " on forums." If the person who catches it sees that, they may be kind enough to return it. Of course they are under no obligation, but sometimes they will -- especially since it is not a rare breed. Good luck.

I will also try to keep an eye on the AP if I'm around when it looks like it should surface.

7 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

7 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

That is so disappointing. :( Refusals and No Interest both happened to me a couple of times durring last year's challenge. 

@AsymDoll13

Awwwh. I hope next week is kinder on you all ❤️

Remember that refusals don't mean they can never breed again.

It only means you need 1 new partner. Keep the May 1st one, but breed them to a different mate.

I will hope the best for you guys ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh no! You are not the only one to have done that this week, though, and I will repeat the advice that Fuzz gave to ravensunset.

Re-name the parents! "Please return to LadyAngeliki" and " on forums." If the person who catches it sees that, they may be kind enough to return it. Of course they are under no obligation, but sometimes they will -- especially since it is not a rare breed. Good luck.

I will also try to keep an eye on the AP if I'm around when it looks like it should surface.

Thank you purple, I'll follow this advice ❤️ 

5 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

@AsymDoll13

Awwwh. I hope next week is kinder on you all ❤️

Remember that refusals don't mean they can never breed again.

It only means you need 1 new partner. Keep the May 1st one, but breed them to a different mate.

I will hope the best for you guys ❤️ 

Thank you purple, I'll follow this advice ❤️ 

Does the "doesn't show much interest" count as a straight up refusal, or could I attempt with those 2 again?

6 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Does the "doesn't show much interest" count as a straight up refusal, or could I attempt with those 2 again?

nope - you can attempt those 2 again.

if X and Y refuse, when you go to breed X again, Y appears all the way at the bottom of the page, there's a note (i think) that says "Refused", and  think it's greyed out.  to be honest, i don't record who refuses who, so i can't go back and confirm what it actually says.  but, in this instance, X and Y will never breed with each other again.

if they "don't show much interest," try wine, chocolate, and fertility next time. XD 

Just now, trystan said:

nope - you can attempt those 2 again.

if X and Y refuse, when you go to breed X again, Y appears all the way at the bottom of the page, there's a note (i think) that says "Refused", and  think it's greyed out.  to be honest, i don't record who refuses who, so i can't go back and confirm what it actually says.  but, in this instance, X and Y will never breed with each other again.

if they "don't show much interest," try wine, chocolate, and fertility next time. XD 

XD I did use fertility and they were like "Nah, I have a headache"

Just now, IzzyCat91 said:

XD I did use fertility and they were like "Nah, I have a headache"

yeah, that sounds about right XD 

Starter is grown up now! Just waiting for her mate to grow up now too. Been a bit preoccupied recently moving out of student housing at my university, but now that that's done I can get back to hunting. Congrats to all who made it to 2G already!! :) 

13 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

No, the only final refusal is the one where it says the dragons refuse to go near each other. If that happens, they are done!

You won't even be able to select them again from the breeding list.

The "doesn't show much interest" is just temporary for that one time. If he woos her with flowers and candy she may change her mind the next time.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

No, the only final refusal is the one where it says the dragons refuse to go near each other. If that happens, they are done!

You won't even be able to select them again from the breeding list.

The "doesn't show much interest" is just temporary for that one time. If he woos her with flowers and candy she may change her mind the next time.

I will suggest that next week then lol

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/AxKVR 

What Gen are you on now?: The lil' one's the 2nd Gen of this blooming lineage  :)  

;) Took your advice on the naming Lagie.  Her mate was also a z, but I wanted to name him something else that seemed a bit odd with a z.   

(Note to self: Was bred at 12:20 am my time. )