ToadWitch

ANSWERED:Been gone awhile...What happened to the ol' chatroom?

I think I kinda found it, but it's been closed? Is there another? Was hoping to just lurk see some DC chat or has it moved to Discord, Killer of Games and Forums?

It's in Discord now. I think TJ has a link in his signature.

(This should be in Help...)

I must ask, what/where was the old chatroom? I don't remember any official DC-chat space until the Discord (is my memory that bad?).

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I must ask, what/where was the old chatroom? I don't remember any official DC-chat space until the Discord (is my memory that bad?).

IRC. There's still a very old thread for it here:

Yeah, the IRC was often used when I joined - I recall joining so I could do AP trades and for catching gifts such as my first Holly back before teleport was a thing. I seem to remember TJ also used to gift Thuweds through it or people could request one from him, but it was a long while ago so I might be remembering wrong.

"Discord, Killer of Games and Forums" is hilarious and true for me though so thanks for the laugh OP. :lol:

7 hours ago, Terces said:

Yeah, the IRC was often used when I joined - I recall joining so I could do AP trades and for catching gifts such as my first Holly back before teleport was a thing. I seem to remember TJ also used to gift Thuweds through it or people could request one from him, but it was a long while ago so I might be remembering wrong.

"Discord, Killer of Games and Forums" is hilarious and true for me though so thanks for the laugh OP. :lol:

idk if he ever gifted Thuweds through irc specifically - I didn't spend much time there - but this sounds like the Thuwed breeding page to me. https://dragcave.net/thuwed had a request form that would open up from time to time and you could pick which pairing you'd like an egg from or what egg species you'd like. If you were lucky and fast enough to submit a request before the form closed, you'd be on TJ's breeding list and the egg would magically show up on your scroll one day.

Thuwed_list_open.png

I miss the IRC channel. I am not a fan of Discord.

IRC is still around. It would be awesome to have an IRC channel again. (I like libera.chat IRC)

19 hours ago, ToadWitch said:

I think I kinda found it, but it's been closed? Is there another? Was hoping to just lurk see some DC chat or has it moved to Discord, Killer of Games and Forums?

The chatroom is gone. Discord has replaced it.

I will send you an invite link to a discord server that I am a part of :) 

15 hours ago, Terces said:

If a forum went all discord it would  certainly kill that forum for me. It's a nasty nasty thing, in my view. Noisy and in your face. :lol: I wasn't wild about IRC, but it was better. 

45 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If a forum went all discord it would  certainly kill that forum for me.

Sadly I think a lot of our forum users have gone over to discord, which has hurt the forum. I hated the IRC. As most other chat sort of platforms, it moved too fast for me. I have not tried discord.

Yes the official discord server has issues. I do not recommend it. I am in a smaller and more private discord which is much nicer and calmer.

I used IRC when I was trying for Neglecteds, never logged in for the Thuwed giveaways.

I've never gotten the hang of Discord and honestly, doing the work to understand it doesn't interest me. I hope we never lose the Forum.

19 hours ago, AGYK said:

idk if he ever gifted Thuweds through irc specifically - I didn't spend much time there - but this sounds like the Thuwed breeding page to me. https://dragcave.net/thuwed had a request form that would open up from time to time and you could pick which pairing you'd like an egg from or what egg species you'd like. If you were lucky and fast enough to submit a request before the form closed, you'd be on TJ's breeding list and the egg would magically show up on your scroll one day.

I know about that form as I've gotten a Thuwed from it before the form went away completely, but I feel like I remember people receiving some Thuweds through IRC way back when too.

Please do not publicly invite other users into Discords that are not directly connected to Dragon Cave. If members want to invite others into their personal Discords, please do so via PM.

As others have mentioned, Discord has replaced IRC for DC chat. You can join the Discord here.