FortyTwo

Chazza's DC Tools (Lineage Builder & FART)

Just letting you know abt a couple bugs. Occasionally the smart remover bugs out and removes all eggs in short succession after one hatches. Not sure what triggers it. And, the recent update that highlights an unfilled clock field likes to eat the first digit the first time I input in the field per egg. (Using this on Android Moto phone)

@Shadowdrake Interesting. TBH I might remove the time picker and replace it with the native time picker since it's widely supported now. fixed

Not sure what's going on with the smart removal. If you can figure out what triggers it, let me know.

Edited by FortyTwo

6 minutes ago, Mini_Evelintine said:

FART doesn't seem to be working. My friend went through 2000 resets and my dragon got 0 views. Whats going on?

Fart works fine for me. Either your dragon is at the cap or your friend's browser doesn't allow site trackers, which prevents DC from registering views from your friend.

Edited by Shadowdrake

35 minutes ago, Mini_Evelintine said:

FART doesn't seem to be working. My friend went through 2000 resets and my dragon got 0 views. Whats going on?

If you're talking about the hatchie you posted in Secret Santa - it already reached the maximum views it can get now.

For every UV (unique view) you can have a max of 15 views. As of now your hatchie has 190 UV x 15 = max 2.850 views possible.

Lineage Builder received a big update and several smaller ones this week, having spent much of this year rewriting large parts of the app.

Here are the improvements:

• The themes have finally been fixed and they look siiiiiiiiick.
  • A complete redesign of the toolbar. I think it behaves nicer on mobile now.
  • Performance improvements
  • Lineages that can't be saved will give more information as to what the issue is.
  • Warning displayed next to dragons with an invalid code or name format.
  • Breed selector changed to maximise the space.
    • If no search query is applied, the breeds already in the lineage will appear first in the grid.
    • The labels for the groups/tags was kind of pointless as they were self-describing, so now they're just colourful toggle buttons.
    • The grid will become a list if the search query has more than 3 characters or 9 or less results. It also shows the tags.
    • Accessibility: Still some more work to do here but the dialog should now be a lot friendlier to keyboard navigation.
  • An updated tutorial. Yup.
  • The onsite preview actually... works?! A hundred percent of the time?!
  • Overall accessibility improvements. There's more work to do, but it's getting there.

Good-looking update! 

There's a small annoying bug on the Checker Generator. Upon clicking on a new breed for the preview and browsing through more, the scroll bar keeps jumping back up to the beginning.

13 hours ago, Platykwak said:

Good-looking update! 

There's a small annoying bug on the Checker Generator. Upon clicking on a new breed for the preview and browsing through more, the scroll bar keeps jumping back up to the beginning.

I can't seem to replicate this on Chrome, Edge or Firefox. What browser are you using, device, and is this with filters and/or a search query?

12 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

I can't seem to replicate this on Chrome, Edge or Firefox. What browser are you using, device, and is this with filters and/or a search query?

I've had this happen on all three browsers, desktop. Tried just now with a Win10 but also with Win11 this happens.  Did not seem to matter whether I used filters, changed gen sizes or not. 

Basically, I click on a breed, scroll down, click on another breed, try to scroll again, but the scroll bar jumps back up. Usually this happens immediately. Not sure why it sometimes takes a short moment of scrolling for it to jump.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:58 PM, Platykwak said:

I've had this happen on all three browsers, desktop. Tried just now with a Win10 but also with Win11 this happens.  Did not seem to matter whether I used filters, changed gen sizes or not. 

Basically, I click on a breed, scroll down, click on another breed, try to scroll again, but the scroll bar jumps back up. Usually this happens immediately. Not sure why it sometimes takes a short moment of scrolling for it to jump.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem, and I'm using Firefox on a Mac (Ventura, 13.5). Using/not using filters, switching generations etc. has not helped.

(I'm still a frequent user of the site, even though this has made it a bit frustrating. Thanks for your efforts! ❤️)

@Platykwak @Aie

Yeah, I see what you mean now.

This issue was how it was handling the focus management and causing the scroll to jump. I've just uploaded a hopeful fix for it. Could you give it a try? Cheers.

Looks like it works fine now! Thanks! 

Edit: I'm afraid that the problem still persists on Edge. Firefox seemed to work okay though. 

Edited by Platykwak
More info

On 11/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, FortyTwo said:

FART (Fast Auto-Refreshing Tool)

Is there any way to program this so that players can only use this on their own dragons? I just had one viewbombed and although I don't know what they used, it could have been a tool similar to this. (It wasn't in any hatcheries.)

18 hours ago, missy_ said:

Is there any way to program this so that players can only use this on their own dragons? I just had one viewbombed and although I don't know what they used, it could have been a tool similar to this. (It wasn't in any hatcheries.)

It was never a goal of mine and I'm not interested in making FART more complex than it already is. It does what I need it to do perfectly.  However, I'm happy to accept contributions so someone with a bit more time than me right now is welcome to clone and add that functionality.

Your egg wasn't added to FART anyway and viewbombing is not unique to the tool. You can literally use any auto-refreshing extension/tool and it would do the exact same thing. The 'problem' needs to be solved on DC's side and it doesn't make sense to solve it on FART while allowing it elsewhere.