FortyTwo

Chazza's DC Tools (Lineage Builder & FART)

Merry Christmas everyone! Just like Santa, I come bearing gifts: v2.0 🎄🎁

Major changes:

• Breed selector has been updated to include a section of breeds already in the lineage.
  • UI has been modified to reflect what I posted above.
  • Fixes for male Mistletoes and Snow dragon
  • Tombstones added
  • Tooltips on action buttons
  • Probably something else I've forgotten.

Minor changes:

• CSS updates
  • Some code changes to make the code more modular.

Let me know if you discover any problems.

v2.0.1

Bugfix. Fixes a regression where the import textbox gets overwritten making the feature unusable.

I'm not sure if this exists and I'm just missing it but is the a way to copy a specific pairing of dragons onto a previous dragon's parents? So if I'm doing Red x Crystalline I can just create that pairing once and then copy that onto each of a dragon's parents

@Chaos Rider You could start from blank, add parents red and crystalline, clone the parents, add a descendant and then paste the cloned parents onto the other branch. Cloning/pasting takes a little getting used to but I think it should do what you're asking. Check out the how to, specifically the buttons section. :) 

I think I've got it worked out now. I was trying to work from the CB generation onwards (like if I were breeding the dragons). When what I should have been doing is working from the final dragon I would breed backwards. So going right to left when I should have been going left to right

V2.1.0

Mainly a few tidbits.

• Name changes. Some typos fixed, these are Ciriax Lindwurm -> Ciriax Lindwyrm, Blusang Lindwurm -> Blusang Lindwyrm, Magnesium Amphipteres -> Magnesium Amphiptere.
    Any lineages with these breeds saved on the server will be changed but if you've got an export code with them you'll have to open it in Notepad and do a replace all! Oops.
  • Pyranost Lindwyrm added.
  • Some compatibility settings have been changed.

Oops, your image for the Pyranost got reverted to a hatchie!

I decided to stress-test this builder a little by "imagining" what the offspring of two dragons I own would look like. Here's the result. None of the codes or names are real.

Edited by 0x08

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I decided to stress-test this builder a little by "imagining" what the offspring of two dragons I own would look like. Here's the result. None of the codes or names are real.

Oh nice! Did you run into any issues? I've tested it with 1000+ dragons, it was a little slow when cloning big branches or opening the drop-down but still useable. It should be relatively performant for most lineages on any decent recent device.

Actually, speaking of the drop-down, I've considering removing it entirely and replacing it with a side bar which would have all the toolbar and breed selector features. Just better from a mobile device and performance perspective.

... I also just realized the separators on the generation counter are 1px off. Must've happened when I adjusted some styling. Need to fix that in the next update.

1 hour ago, FortyTwo said:

Oh nice! Did you run into any issues?

Nope, no issues :) Everything worked as expected.

V2.2.0

Bit of an exciting one, actually. The highlight of this version is the addition of the oft-requested checker generator feature. Checkers are one of the most popular lineages in the game, and now there's a dedicated tool for them. You can now simply select two breeds and the generation, and the tool will automatically create you a checker which you can then export and use in the editor. I wanted to get this out before February in time for the Valentines season. Enjoy!

• Added "checker generator" page.
  • Added "disclaimer" page.
  • Minor styling updates.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Edited by FortyTwo

Tasty update! The checker generator is really handy, I usually check 4g to see what a pairing looks like so it makes things much quicker. Plans...many plans... 👀

Found a bug, Floral-Crowned Dragons appear in the female breed list in the checker generator. :o

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Found a bug, Floral-Crowned Dragons appear in the female breed list in the checker generator. :o

Oops! The Floral-Crowned entry was incorrectly enabled to be female. I just fixed this and pushed 2.3.0 a little earlier.

• Fixed process breeds script bug where genderonly would still add data for male and female.
  • Checker generator page:
    • When selecting a breed, the final dragon will now respect the gender and breed instead of it strictly always being the male.
    • Changed the filter box to a search type.
  • Fix bug with floral crowned dragons being female.

Online saved lineages were down for about 6 hours today. The above update meant a configuration file wasn't replicated on the site but worked fine in my test environment. They now work again, but let me know if there's any other issue. No lineages were lost.

Interestingly there was a long-standing bug where the last view of a lineage wasn't actually tracked (consequently also meaning they weren't deleted after not being viewed for 2 months) and I ended up discovering the issue while fixing this. Productive night for me I guess!

This isn't really related to Lineage Builder but I've released another tool in the toolbox. Introducing...

Fast Auto Refreshing Tool, aka FART (yes, really!). Fart is an auto-refreshing tool with the following features:

• AR multiple dragons at varying rates through instances per refresh in a control-panel style format.
  • Adjust settings even during auto refreshing.
  • Control refresh speed.
  • A small icon of the dragon you're ARing in the page tab. If you've got multiple dragons it even cycles through them. ;) 
  • Mobile-friendly.
  • Calculate views per minute automatically (this is a bit fuzzy, it heavily depends on your connection, device and dragons).
  • For those who like looking at code, the source code can be found here.

I've been testing it making NDs and it's proved really useful. ;)  

Find it here!

Edited by FortyTwo

I absolutely love this tool! The UI is super intuitive and I love being able to test on different themes! And the copy and paste... 💖

If I could suggest an improvement, I would ask about implementing some sort of filter to differentiate between normal dragons/two headed/pygmy/drake/ect in both the regular generator and the checker generator? It might help people who don't know exactly what they're looking for, but know what egg group they want!

5 hours ago, Electric-Borealis said:

I absolutely love this tool! The UI is super intuitive and I love being able to test on different themes! And the copy and paste... 💖

If I could suggest an improvement, I would ask about implementing some sort of filter to differentiate between normal dragons/two headed/pygmy/drake/ect in both the regular generator and the checker generator? It might help people who don't know exactly what they're looking for, but know what egg group they want!

It's a good idea. I considered some kind of tags system. For example you'd have pygmies, drakes, two-headeds etc as separate tags and the breed selector would only display the breeds from the tags you've got activated. This could be extended to keep the setting too so you could set it for the duration of your session and not have to configure it every time you select a breed. What do you think to that?

The other idea is something like entering filter:drake in the text box.

• Changed some styling for the header menu.
  • Added Vermeil dragon.

Once I've got some free time I'll be adding new features and a bit of restructuring. ;) 

Good evening,

There may be some downtime while I do a few backend changes. No need to worry, all your lineages are safe.

Edit: My side of things is done, but it may take some time to show on your site.

Mainly, I've moved my whole homepage to a different server to give me more options and fancy tools. The domain and everything is the same, so there shouldn't be any broken links, but let me know if you do find anything broken.

FART v2.0.0

TJ was foolish enough to give me API access bwahahha.

• Smart removal: Smart removal will try to detect changes for each dragon and remove freshly hatched eggs or newly grown adults. However with some breeds this may not be accurate and still require manual removal. 
  • Interface looks a bit more polished.

Lineage Builder v3.0.0

Honestly... not a lot of change here. I have a bunch of things planned that I'll be able to do now that I've got this move out of the way.

• Backend changes. 

Enjoy

Edited by FortyTwo

FART v2.1.0

• Now fogged items can be added. The tool will disallow dead, adults and frozen hatchlings.

At some point I'm going to update this thread so the first post has both tools.

Edited by FortyTwo

Lineage Builder v3.1.0

New feature alert! "Ghost breeds". You can now add custom lineage tiles, this is useful if you want to preview an unreleased dragon.  All you do is upload the tile and give it a name. Ghost breeds will only be active for the duration of the session, as soon as you exit the page they will be automatically deleted! Ghost breeds are also not uploaded to the server, the whole process takes place client-side. That means it doesn't break DC's artist agreement for sharing unreleased breed information.

You can find the feature here on its own page - https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/ghost-breeds

Other changes:

• Added Wisteria and Avin pygmy.
  • Optimized css and image cache loading.
  • Optimized generation counter function.

I updated the first post! This thread has been renamed but still retains all of its goodness.

FART 2.3.0

• State is preserved until you close the tab or window, so now even if you accidentally refresh you won't lose the dragons you're auto-refreshing. This was a big problem for @MissK.
  • Fixed a bug with the icon cycle not acknowledging smart removed dragons.