FortyTwo

Chazza's DC Tools (Lineage Builder & FART)

Hey I've only accidentally refreshed about....483 times. It actually does preserve state now, it's an Easter miracle!

FART might just motivate me to get back into Neglecting. It's faster, less load-intensive, and quicker to set up than the other ARs I've tried, at least for me personally. Brilliant work.

Lineage builder 3.1.1

• Lotaan and Ghanser dragons added.

New record?

14 hours ago, Lushwave said:

FART might just motivate me to get back into Neglecting. It's faster, less load-intensive, and quicker to set up than the other ARs I've tried, at least for me personally. Brilliant work.

Cheers! :D 

I started using your lineage builder shortly after the checker generator release; it was what inspired me to start building lineages! I'm impressed by how smoothly it works for me as a mobile-only user especially.

I tried FART for the first time today and I'm very excited about it! I love the ability to remove each egg individually and the text that says how many views per minute each refresh rate gives. Plus, the acronym can't be beat. 🤭

Thank you for building such great tools!

16 hours ago, sleepymuggle said:

I started using your lineage builder shortly after the checker generator release; it was what inspired me to start building lineages! I'm impressed by how smoothly it works for me as a mobile-only user especially.

I tried FART for the first time today and I'm very excited about it! I love the ability to remove each egg individually and the text that says how many views per minute each refresh rate gives. Plus, the acronym can't be beat. 🤭

Thank you for building such great tools!

Thanks for that!

Some upcoming changes will hopefully make the mobile experience even better. For one thing, the page won't stretch anymore. Second thing, the breed selector is going to be changed so that on a phone it fills the whole screen (there's not a lot of space to work with so it might as well) and on desktop/tablet it makes a popup in the centre of the screen. There's so many breeds and fitting those plus the features I want to add to the breed selector is a nightmare and it's not great for performance. For example:

631579644_2022-04-3014_06_22-Window.thumb.png.3ff0f63fe835d676ad90099551643456.png360171259_2022-04-3014_16_03-Window.thumb.png.3f0010d2b706202aae5f2f793e757720.png

Edited by FortyTwo

Lineage Builder 3.2.0

Hold onto your horses, this is a pretty big update.

• Added gzip to nginx conf.
  • Modified nginx conf to prevent :8080 redirections.
  • Better mobile support: page should no longer stretch and the breed drop down adapts to the screen size.
  • View page: Link moved to top.
  • Bugfix: Daytime Nocturnes display correctly.
  • Checker generator: breed selectors don't resize anymore.
  • Generated names capitalize both names.
  • Save generation limit changed to 12.
  • Delete children icon change to a pair of scissors.
  • Fix long-standing memory leak with breed selector (another nice benefit.)

Let me know how you get on with the new breed selector. I personally think it's an improvement over the previous method. More lightweight, efficient and friendly. The app was in some cases using over 200MB of memory (!) with larger lineages and extended usage, now it tops out at 60MB when editing according to my testing.

Next additions will be some changes to the checker generator, filtering the breed selector to hide/show categories of dragons (e.g. two-heads, pygmies, dragons, hybrids, salts). And I'd like to add selecting dragons as well so you can apply an operation to multiple dragons at once.

Do you allow suggestions? I was thinking, how plausible would it be for FART to load eggs by scrollname input and allow users to add eggs into the autorefresher by checkbox, similar to adding to a hatchery? I was thinking of this when trying to input all of my own egg codes one by one and wondered if this activity could be optimized.

I had also been thinking a feature like that would be cool, but it would definitely require API login verification. FART is too powerful to let anyone load up anyone else's scroll 😂

29 minutes ago, Lushwave said:

Do you allow suggestions? I was thinking, how plausible would it be for FART to load eggs by scrollname input and allow users to add eggs into the autorefresher by checkbox, similar to adding to a hatchery? I was thinking of this when trying to input all of my own egg codes one by one and wondered if this activity could be optimized.

It can be done, and there's a few times I've wanted such a thing myself but @Stromboli nailed it. It would definitely have to be locked to API verification because someone malicious could deal some serious damage. xD I suppose it could be a one-time thing so once you've logged in a session cookie could be set and wouldn't need to log in again (until you clear your cookies of course.)

What?! Another version already!?!?!

Lineage Builder 3.3.0

3.3.0 brings filters to the breed selector. Now you can toggle to show just drakes, dragons, pygmies or two-heads, or any combination of these categories! And in my testing you can use this as an optimization if you're on a slow device. In time I will add things like hybrids and salts.

Other changes:

• Added 72x96 tile local breed support for high density displays. (Might be a little buggy, let me know.) Another mobile improvement.
  • Updates to breed definitions.
  • Added image-rendering: -webkit-optimise-contrast - sharper images.
On 2/9/2022 at 2:10 AM, Electric-Borealis said:

If I could suggest an improvement, I would ask about implementing some sort of filter to differentiate between normal dragons/two headed/pygmy/drake/ect in both the regular generator and the checker generator? It might help people who don't know exactly what they're looking for, but know what egg group they want!

;) 

Edited by FortyTwo

The lineage builder and auto-refresher are very good, thank you for making them. :)

Is it really necessary to have gender availability option for ghost breeds? I just always name the ghost breed "qwer" and it never pops-up when you don't need it. I guess "qqqq" would also be a good name.
The breed selector freezes if you set another ghost breed again without refreshing the page.
Are you going to add the rest of the missing SAlts to the selector? If not, then maybe you could allow multiple ghost breeds to be loaded at once instead?

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

The lineage builder and auto-refresher are very good, thank you for making them. :)

Is it really necessary to have gender availability option for ghost breeds? I just always name the ghost breed "qwer" and it never pops-up when you don't need it. I guess "qqqq" would also be a good name.
The breed selector freezes if you set another ghost breed again without refreshing the page.
Are you going to add the rest of the missing SAlts to the selector? If not, then maybe you could allow multiple ghost breeds to be loaded at once instead?

It doesn't do any harm and the 'both' option lets you specify dimorphism if necessary. It's also useful in cases like Holiday breeds where you may have a gender in mind and want to limit the tool.

Sounds like a bug, I'll have to check it out. You should be able to add unlimited ghost breeds but maybe I messed something up. Is it when you've added a second ghost breed?

I only add salts if the owners want me to add them or I've permission to use their sprites. I used the ghost breeds + checker feature this week for salt pairings, actually. 🤣

Hey. You can put any of my alts in. This is a very nice tool, thank you ^^

13 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

It doesn't do any harm and the 'both' option lets you specify dimorphism if necessary. It's also useful in cases like Holiday breeds where you may have a gender in mind and want to limit the tool.

It's not a problem, I just thought it might be unnecessary. If I insert only male tile into the "both genders" option, then it still doesn't let me choose a female of that breed and nothing is broken. Even without dimorphism you still have to load a tile into both genders if you want the breed to be selectable for both.

13 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

Sounds like a bug, I'll have to check it out. You should be able to add unlimited ghost breeds but maybe I messed something up. Is it when you've added a second ghost breed?

Adding a ghost breed with a name already in use causes the freeze. I actually haven't tried inserting multiple ghost breeds before, I just somehow came to assume that there can be only one. Apparently I also missed that the page already says not to repeat names. 🤦‍♂️ My bad, sorry. :lol:

8 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

It's not a problem, I just thought it might be unnecessary. If I insert only male tile into the "both genders" option, then it still doesn't let me choose a female of that breed and nothing is broken. Even without dimorphism you still have to load a tile into both genders if you want the breed to be selectable for both.

Adding a ghost breed with a name already in use causes the freeze. I actually haven't tried inserting multiple ghost breeds before, I just somehow came to assume that there can be only one. Apparently I also missed that the page already says not to repeat names. 🤦‍♂️ My bad, sorry. :lol:

Ah I see where you're coming from now. Yeah I'm definitely gonna take a look a look at that page again and make some changes.

Also entering a duplicate breed name should give you a warning and reject the addition, so I'll fix that too. xD

Thanks for testing things and giving me info for reproducing problems. Testing is what improves the quality over time.

Sneak peek of the upcoming mass-selection tools. ;)

You'll be able to select dragons individually or select by criteria - such as male, female, code displayed, name displayed etc - and then apply an action such as switching them to show name or change breed.

67667409_2022-05-1617_45_29-Window.thumb.png.1829691a65036c9caaa7bbfd7795b9e3.png

Bug: genderswap button's click area ("hit box") is smaller than it's graphic, with the left area of the graphic being not clickable. This happens if the lineage is longer than 1g.
Isn't this issue very old by now?

Suggestions:
-filter tags for event dragons (holiday, vday, halloween);
-filter tags for Checker Generator;
-maybe irrelevant tags should get automatically disabled, but I am not sure if that would be more convenient;
-"swap breed for last gen" button for checker generator;
-swap breed button for checker generator;
-rainbow sort for breed selectors.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

@Lost_Unicorn Yeah I had actually noticed that a few days ago. It's not old, I think it came when I made some optimisations. I'll get it sorted.

-filter tags for event dragons (holiday, vday, halloween);

Something I'd like to do but don't have time to go through and add the data. If you want to help add that data I can send you the stuff to do it.

-filter tags for Checker Generator;
-swap breed button for checker generator;

All going to be part of the checker page revamp.

-"swap breed for last gen" button for checker generator;

Can you explain a bit more, I don't understand.

-maybe irrelevant tags should get automatically disabled, but I am not sure if that would be more convenient;

I prefer keeping it as is.

-rainbow sort for breed selectors.

Like sorting the list by colour? Probably won't happen as it would take too much effort.

4 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

Something I'd like to do but don't have time to go through and add the data. If you want to help add that data I can send you the stuff to do it.

Maybe I can help. PM me the details.

4 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

Can you explain a bit more, I don't understand.

This one is specifically about the last generation. The other one is about male/female swapping.

Spoiler

swap.gif.ffbffbdebf7b0b6bce8e4a32c4eb29dc.gif

5 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

@mishhelle Antareans are there. It might be a problem on your side.

thx I figured out that they aren’t loading when I’m on wifi— I have the same issue getting images to load on AoND. 

Lineage Builder v4.0.0

The big change: Mass selection tools!!! You can now select multiple tiles at once and apply actions.

There's a tutorial on the how to use page, but basically to initiate multiple-selection mode you just hold a tile, and add to your selection by clicking other tiles or using the automated mass-selection tools on the left. Then when you've selected all the dragons, you can apply an action using the controls on the right. Multi-select will end when no dragons are selected (or you use the x button to unselect all).

Currently you can change breed, switch between code and name label, randomize label, remove and add parents.

Might take a little practice but I think it's pretty powerful. ;) 

Other changes:

• Dialog modifications.
  • Breed search no longer autofocuses on mobile, this was a bit annoying.
  • Bugfix: Switch gender button wasn't clickable.
  • Limitations with placeholders removed.

These are awesome! I didn't know you had a thread and updated the builder so much! I am so excited to play with it even more now! Good work friend, and thank you for the fun tools!