FortyTwo

Chazza's DC Tools (Lineage Builder & FART)

On 4/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, Lushwave said:

FART might just motivate me to get back into Neglecting.

Did two experiments today. With the help of the absurd power of 10 instances at .25s speed, both experiments were a success!

8 hours ago, Lushwave said:

Did two experiments today. With the help of the absurd power of 10 instances at .25s speed, both experiments were a success!

What the heck xD I usually do 8-10/1s because any faster and you can get a lot of dropped image loads. Saying that I've tried a few experiments now and only succeeded last week. My friend has also done it at .25s and gotten several NDs. Maybe I should try it faster...

I've actually considered a setting where it only does the next refresh as soon as all the images have loaded. This would be extremely fast but not waste any cycles.

FART 2.4.1

Not a big update, but there's now a little clock accurate to about 1/10th of a second. I got fed up of flipping between a clock and FART when doing ND experiments. :)

Truly the most ND-friendly tool, the little clock is a small but great QoL addition. My success rate has gone way up in solo experiments since I started using FART, and I even turned one with the saved-by-teleport method which is not my forte.  

FART 2.5.0

809474338_2022-06-1522_39_16-Window.png.cf351386337a5d49c0992365044bec81.png

• A new time of death countdown/calculator has been added. All you have to do is specify the minute and second when the egg/hatchling's timer "ticks down" and FART will do the rest. If you hover your pointer over the countdown you can also see the exact day and time it dies locally. This is experimental so I recommend ND makers still keep their own records as a back up.
  • QoL improvement: Now if you change the instances to 0, the dragon will still be in FART, but it won't appear in the auto-refresher. This is basically extremely useful when you have multiple experiments within a short time of each other as it means you can "set up" and just change the instances when required.

1467289142_2022-06-1619_20_57-Window.png.0b278818a8948b138f5f5f07086d9d49.png

1783805276_2022-06-1619_28_39-Window.png.ca3815c04ad1844d0e6a9ff2036404e6.png

Lineage Builder v4.1.1

• Performance: Improved imports with tree shaking, re-ordering, and relative paths.
  • Performance: Changed to dynamic imports.
  • New breeds: Nirami and TCA salts. 🥳

The lineage builder tool is very useful.  I really like how simple it is to figure out and the layout being nearly identical to DC makes it easy to visualise.  For building lyrical lineages, it's very nice that it warns you when a name exceeds to the character limit. But I wish there was an undo tool when you accidentally delete a big generate of dragons lol.

Edited by Moorhen-Nest

On 6/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, Moorhen-Nest said:

The lineage builder tool is very useful.  I really like how simple it is to figure out and the layout being nearly identical to DC makes it easy to visualise.  For building lyrical lineages, it's very nice that it warns you when a name exceeds to the character limit. But I wish there was an undo tool when you accidentally delete a big generate of dragons lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I've actually wanted to add something like this for a while, I'll try and see if I can sort something sooner.

FART 2.6.0

Dragons with a TOD specified will sort first. Multiple TODs will sort by the dragon dying soonest first. Not me stupidly trying to do ND experiments within a few minutes of each other... 🤣

FART 2.7.0

Some people like having multiple people refreshing their ND experiments or want to set FART up in advance, so I added a link sharing feature.

FART 2.9.0
A new speed option called "adaptive" has been added. This option treats each image independently instead of in cycles, meaning the image will reload as soon as it's loaded but does not "drop" images. This means it adapts to your setup - device, internet - so on faster setups it can be insanely fast and on slower setups it will be slower.

Lineage Builder 4.2.0

A big update!

• Fixed scrollbars in the breed selector.
  • Added a copy to clipboard button for things such as view links and export codes.
  • The root node now displays the gender icon of the dragon instead of the venus-mars icon.
  • Optimised portraits and rewrote process breeds script to be tidier. Inline styling moved into CSS classes, so should provide a performance benefit.
  • Bug fix: Entering a duplicate name on ghost breeds would cause a crash.
  • Upgraded tagging system: In addition to egg group filtering, Lineage Builder now offers additional tags such as holidays, hybrids and CB only breeds.
  • Moved breeds like neglected, vampire, tombstones and zombies to the "other" egg group.
  • Checker generator changes:
    • Added "generate link"
    • Added "switch breeds"
    • Added tagging
    • Styling updates

Lineage Builder 4.3.0

• Performance: One of the biggest problems was rendering that huge list of lineage tiles in the popup or checker generator (almost 400 entries!). It was extremely slow on slower devices and even had a lag on top-end devices. LB now implements a technique called "virtual scrolling" which means only the tiles in the visible scrolling area are rendered and are replaced as you scroll. This took a bit of work, so let me know if I broke anything.
  • Performance: Added a debounce optimisation to the search features so that the search only triggers after 150ms of the last key press. There was no need to trigger it every key press.
  • Remove labels in the dropdown on mobile devices. Every inch counts.
  • Amended some wrongly tagged breeds.

FART 2.12.1

• Synchronise all timers (local time, TOD countdown etc) so they change at the same time.
  • Add github and ko-fi links to footer.
  • Change instances max from 10 to 50.
  • Migrate from CRA to Vite

Lineage Builder 4.5.0

Just a small change to help with holiday dragons.

• Give regular breeds their own tag to separate them from search results. (alwerien and missk. problem)

It appears that the desert and volcano variants for the Magnesium Amphiptere are mislabeled / swapped. :o

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

It appears that the desert and volcano variants for the Magnesium Amphiptere are mislabeled / swapped. :o

Oh wow, that's probably been there since the first version lol I'll get it fixed next version.

Lineage Builder 5.0.0

Where do I begin. Some of these are coding side changes, but there's a ton of client-side improvements as well. Including a new, experimental "onsite preview" feature where you can preview the result of two lineages already on site. Check it out!

• Migrated Vue 2 to Vue 3.
  • Rewrote Vue side of things in TypeScript. Everything is fully typed. OwO
  • Rewrote components and stores to take advantage of Vue 3 APIs - composition, script setup etc.
  • Added proper emits and prop types to all components.
  • Changed out Vuex for Pinia. Begone.
  • Rewrote some areas:
    • Stores
      • Skin handling is now in its own store. Header updated to reflect this.
      • "App" store was refactored into tags and app stores.
    • Validators
      • Refactored + implemented integrity and save reqs failure reasoning.
    • Router
      • Separate routes.
      • Integrate new APIs.
    • Utils
      • New functionality added.
  • Filtering:
    • Introduced "Regular" tag.
    • Placeholder now appears regardless of tags enabled when no query is applied.
  • Cleaned up some files.
  • Removed unused css and functions.
  • Improved documentation.
  • Ghost breeds:
    • Upload limit upped to 20kb.
    • Tiles will now be resized to fit the box. This prevents 72w96h images acting funky.
    • Usability improvements - Tiles no longer reset when options are changed.
    • Mobile - Page doesn't break on smaller screens.
  • New feature: Onsite Preview: utility that allows you to preview two existing onsite lineages.
  • More salts - added Spatio's glystere, pitfires and erador.
  • Fixed some breed names (off the top of my head that's the magnesium amphiptere.)
  • Fix nocturnes... finally?

Edited by FortyTwo

Lineage Builder 5.1.0

• Improved handling of problems, errors and states and informing the user.
  • Fix: Add "Valentine" tag to Floral-Crowned.
  • Fix: TJ swapped the painted ray tiles, so I had to as well.
  • Add Github and Ko-fi links to header.

FART 2.13.0

• Set TypeScript to strict and rewrite portions of the code to meet the new standards I expect of my code.
  • Instances field in the add dragon form now preserves state across refreshes.
  • Rate field will now retain its value even after the webpage has been closed by saving it in localstorage instead.
  • Add Prettier.
  • Add ESLint.
  • Rewrite DragCave API handling.

Let me know if I broke something.