FortyTwo

Chazza's DC Tools (Lineage Builder & FART)

for some reason FART is no longer letting me add eggs. after i click Add i get 2 seconds of "Checking with TJ09..." and then nothing happens. egg isn't invisible or anything as clicking start tells me i need to add a dragon. same things with hatchlings.

Edited by steeve

55 minutes ago, steeve said:

for some reason FART is no longer letting me add eggs. after i click Add i get 2 seconds of "Checking with TJ09..." and then nothing happens. egg isn't invisible or anything as clicking start tells me i need to add a dragon. same things with hatchlings.

I can't seem to reproduce this. If you're still getting this problem after a hard refresh/cache clear, could you give me a few more details:

• Browser
  • Mobile/Desktop?
  • The codes of what you've tried

18 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

I can't seem to reproduce this. If you're still getting this problem after a hard refresh/cache clear, could you give me a few more details:

• Browser
  • Mobile/Desktop?
  • The codes of what you've tried

ah, it was a chrome issue! updated it and FART no longer ignores me. completely forgot my browser was outdated--thank you!

Lineage Builder 5.2.0

• Added new breeds: Ushgorn and Algarre
  • Snazzy undo and redo buttons in the editor. I know some of you guys have been waiting for this little devil.
  • Fullscreen button for the editor.
  • Fix the disappearing scroll bar bug with breed selector.
  • Rewrote the dragon label so it's more accessible and less clunky.

The lineage builder seems to be down? It was working fine last week or so but now the main page is just the header and the checker builder shows everything except the actual checker.

@ArgentiAertheri Please could you try a hard-refresh/cache clear. If it still persists, let me know your browser, version and device. :) There were some significant changes in the last update and it's possible your browser has the old version.

I downloaded Firefox just to check and nope. Even after cache clearing it’s not loading on my iPad. I’ve tried safari (both desktop and mobile versions), chrome and now firefox, most recent iOS update for all 3. I don’t think it’s my end but I’ll dig into it again in a couple hours.

It isn’t working over ToR either, so I’m out of ideas.

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

Hello! This seems to be an issue with iOS, whenever I try to add an egg in FART, I get a “[?]“ pic instead of an egg, and the egg remains unaffected from there. 

Might be worth mentioning I am also experiencing the same error in Allure of the Neglected Dragon, also on iOS (chrome/safari)

15 minutes ago, -Rinikka- said:

Hello! This seems to be an issue with iOS, whenever I try to add an egg in FART, I get a “[?]“ pic instead of an egg, and the egg remains unaffected from there. 

Might be worth mentioning I am also experiencing the same error in Allure of the Neglected Dragon, also on iOS (chrome/safari)

I don't think this is a FART problem so asking in general DC help may be better, but have you looked into browser settings? I had a similar problem that I fixed by unblocking trackers.

Edited by Shadowdrake

6 hours ago, -Rinikka- said:

Yeah, that's not a problem specific to FART, unfortunately. I had it with Safari in testing. The problem seems to be that dragcave does a redirect loop when loading the images, I'm not sure why. What @Shadowdrake said, it might be some data privacy setting/tracking settings in Safari.

Lineage Builder 5.4.0

Loads of stuff! To coincide with the new breeds.

• Add new breeds: Sonata and Occulri Pygmy.
  • Fix ghost breeds placeholder image not found bug.
  • improvements to ghost breeds: accessibility and page layout.
  • improve user error feedback when generating/exporting lineages.
  • Improved browser compatibility: Added autoprefixer, browserlist config and updated transpilation and polyfills.
  • Fixed blurry ghost and localised images.
  • Add alt text for dc and ghost images.
  • Improved localised tile grabbing.
  • Localised many breeds.
  • Added more zombies.
  • Added more salts. Loads of 'em.
  • Stratos now has all 4 variants.
  • Corporeal celestials added.
  • Improved toolbar UI to be cleaner and smaller while retaining accessibility (which has also been improved in some places.)
  • Name changes:
    • Arcana Regular -> Arcana
    • Crypt Regular -> Crypt
    • Garland Regular -> Garland
    • Pitfire Regular -> Pitfire
    • Pitfire Regular Reborn -> Pitfire Reborn
    • Witchlight Regular -> Witchlight
    • Xocoatl Regular -> Xocoatl
    • Electric Regular -> Electric
    • Vermeil Regular -> Vermeil
    • Spinel Wyvern Red -> Spinel Wyvern Violet
    • Red-Tailed Pygmy Wyrm -> Red-Tailed Wyrm
    • Stratos -> Stratos Day
    • Celestial -> Celestial Incorporeal

On 5/2/2023 at 11:22 PM, Shadowdrake said:

I don't think this is a FART problem so asking in general DC help may be better, but have you looked into browser settings? I had a similar problem that I fixed by unblocking trackers.

This fixed it! Thank you and @FortyTwo for replying ^^ 

Lineage Builder 5.4.1

• Fixed: Ciriax Lindwyrms were incorrectly tagged as a standard. Changed to two-head.
  • Localised a few more sprites.
  • Added a couple of more salts.
  • Toolbar got a slight adjustment to make the buttons appear more like... buttons.

i'm getting the following in multiple browsers on both my tablet and phone:

Warning: require(data/functions.php): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/index.php on line 2

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required 'data/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/index.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/index.php on line 2

could it be because i'm still on android 10 (ha ha, i use tech until it dies 😅)? thought i'd mention it anyhow. 🐈

14 minutes ago, miaou said:

i'm getting the following in multiple browsers on both my tablet and phone:

could it be because i'm still on android 10 (ha ha, i use tech until it dies 😅)? thought i'd mention it anyhow. 🐈

Fixed, cheers! I was changing some security settings around the other day on the server.

Tbh I didn't know people actually used the other pages but you're the second person to mention it xD I guess the Toolbox page is a useful bookmark?

11 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

Fixed, cheers! I was changing some security settings around the other day on the server.

Tbh I didn't know people actually used the other pages but you're the second person to mention it xD I guess the Toolbox page is a useful bookmark?

hurrah, thank you! yes, the toolbox page is indeed a super useful bookmark since i use both tools frequently, but i'll add individual bookmarks now to be safe. :D

18 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

I also had that one bookmarked and thought the whole site was down on Sunday, before figuring out that I could also try opening the individual tools directly. 😹 Great that the toolbox page is working again, thanks for fixing it!

Can you add a bottom margin to the mobile layout please? I have to scroll down every time I stop and start an AR (which is frequent if I'm micromanaging ov or checking lag), so it'd be just a nice little qol upgrade if I could scroll down at the start and have spare space to see them refreshing right away.

I just wanted to pop in to say how absolutely amazing this tool is. Thank you, thank you, thank you for not only making this but also sharing it with everyone else. Of course FART is absolutely amazing and helpful, but my personal favourite is the Lineage Builder. Gone are my days of site-long spreadsheets of planning, this works so much better and I can actually see whether my vision works as intended! Thank you for spending the hosting space and the time and effort for all of this. I can't say this enough. I love it.

On 6/13/2023 at 6:39 PM, NightEagle said:

I just wanted to pop in to say how absolutely amazing this tool is. Thank you, thank you, thank you for not only making this but also sharing it with everyone else. Of course FART is absolutely amazing and helpful, but my personal favourite is the Lineage Builder. Gone are my days of site-long spreadsheets of planning, this works so much better and I can actually see whether my vision works as intended! Thank you for spending the hosting space and the time and effort for all of this. I can't say this enough. I love it.

Glad to hear :)

Lineage Builder 5.4.3

• Fix: Onsite Preview - DC's lineage page had a subtle change and broke the script.
  • Added more salts and localised a few more breeds.
  • Improved performance when using multi-select with larger trees. For comparison, selecting 1,023 dragons on my machine took 5.5s previously. It now takes just 0.25s.