Shokomon

Watching The Wall

First 15h eggs have just been spotted! Those would've been bred around 22:40 on the 31st. 

No idea how old the youngest AP eggs are atm

Man this wall is long

5 minutes ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

First 15h eggs have just been spotted! Those would've been bred around 22:40 on the 31st. 

Are you sure it's not 23:40?

11:59:59 pm is the latest a Halloween egg could have been bred.

11/6 11:59:59 - 24h remaining

11/7 12:59:59 - 23h remaining

11/7 7:59:59 am - 15h remaining

If there's a lot of eggs in the way that were bred late, the wall could last as late at 10pm dragon cave time by my calculations

However, I suspect the end will come sooner given that Halloween was a Sunday and many of us had to go to work/school the next day and probably didnt stay up that late

Hmm,  there are regular release eggs at 15h when I had been seeing them at 3d …

This is the second time I have seen that since the 6th.

The Cave also changed from EDT to EST today maybe that's causing confusion with calculations. I don't know if this change gives the eggs an extra hour of life or if it takes it away or nothing at all.

37 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

The Cave also changed from EDT to EST today maybe that's causing confusion with calculations. I don't know if this change gives the eggs an extra hour of life or if it takes it away or nothing at all.

I don't think the time on the eggs is affected by Daylight Savings to be honest.

Eggs go on a set time from when they are bred for the time remaining...which is why an egg bred at 10am on the 1st will time out at 10am on the 8th and not sooner *barring any action that kills it and going by time vs. Views*

Daylight Savings ended at 2am this morning (11/7) - now given that all this actually affects is the time the clocks display [no time is truly gained or lost]

Egg bred on 11/6 11pm - 7 days

11/7 12am - 6d 23h

11/7 1am - 6d 22h

11/7 2am* = clocks go back, so now the time shown is 11/7 1am again* = 6d 21h

That aside, I'm seeing a few 14h starting to mix in

***EDIT: Wall has been solid 14h for the last few minutes since 8:57 est

Edited by ShorahNagi

11 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I don't think the time on the eggs is affected by Daylight Savings to be honest.

Eggs go on a set time from when they are bred for the time remaining...which is why an egg bred at 10am on the 1st will time out at 10am on the 8th and not sooner *barring any action that kills it and going by time vs. Views*

Daylight Savings ended at 2am this morning (11/7) - now given that all this actually affects is the time the clocks display [no time is truly gained or lost]

Egg bred on 11/6 11pm - 7 days

11/7 12am - 6d 23h

11/7 1am - 6d 22h

11/7 2am* = clocks go back, so now the time shown is 11/7 1am again* = 6d 21h

That aside, I'm seeing a few 14h starting to mix in

If that were the case the egg would be losing an hour when the clock goes back. I mean, the egg would be automatically one hour older. If DST doesn't -asuming it doesn't- affect the time of the eggs then the egg should still say 6d 22h when the clock goes back. Or so I think.

I'm really to tired right now to think clearly ^^°

9 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Hatchies creeping into the wall now!

What a difference a few minutes makes. Hatchies now taking up 2 rows in the AP with times of about 2d 11h

Screenshot_20211107-092933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aca20c24e8ff403cb5d5cb42c64d318c.jpg

Just now, Code_NameUnknown said:

I just saw an Iridichi hatchling in the wall, I didn't manage to catch it sadly

I hate when that happens. I didn't even see it.

I am happy that I am off today, since the hatchlings are showing in the AP.

I got 4 random ones, but they are taking their time growing up.

5 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Wall is pure hatchlings now as of 9:37am

Screenshot_20211107-093731_Samsung Internet.jpg

What a beautiful sight. I wish I had more than 4 slots open to grab them.

Good morning to the wall wardens here and the 175 wall wreckers there.

image.png.cb1d873a50c1f007a98335f6e04d833b.png

Edited by 0x08

And *this* is why I should've saved more freeze-slots! Dang, all these gorgeous hatchies and only 1 freeze slot (which is already 'claimed' by something already on my scroll, lol). 

Huh, some regular-hatchies are getting in on the action!

image.jpeg.1d148574817f46521574b624e18f2376.jpeg

Edited by HeatherMarie

They're going like hotcakes... We're up to 5 days left now for the majority of them, it seems.

Occasionally a stray egg with less than 24 hours appears only to disappear again.

It's nice that they're at least not just left to grow up in the wild. :)

Aw I missed the new Halloween egg wall and the egg wall breaking.

So current status:

image.thumb.png.e83c2a9ad444e8d1d8ed12cd2d50f779.png

Maybe we will get some low time eggs for NDs. (That's what I meant when I said maybe we would get NDs.)

*sees hatchies in the AP*

*Proceeds to throw about-to-grow-up hatchies into the wall because no one would claim them before.*

Edited by Shokomon
formatting and spelling errors

12 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Aw I missed the new Halloween egg wall and the egg wall breaking.

There was no new Halloween egg wall (that I saw) - though I did see some NR eggs scattered about...and some NR hatchies when the hatchie wall started (didn't catch any of them, sad because I wanted a few more)

Edited by ShorahNagi

6 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

@Shokomon I've spotted some NR hatchies in the beginning of the hatchie wall, maybe some more will pop up later.

Hopefully I can grab one, so I can have at least 3 for this year (and hopefully it's a girl.)

1 minute ago, ShorahNagi said:

There was no new Halloween egg wall - though I did see some NR eggs scattered about...and some NR hatchies when the hatchie wall started (didn't catch any of them, sad because I wanted a few more)

Aw that makes me sad.

First time I see the hatchie wall. ❤️

And I'm still egglocked with way too many pitfires... Ran out of aeons, so can't decide now which of them will stay in the end. 😕

27 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Hopefully I can grab one, so I can have at least 3 for this year (and hopefully it's a girl.)

Aw that makes me sad.

Keep in mind that they are easy when there's a a two-dragon limit (Christmas, Valentine's Day), but when there's no limit, you have to be lightning fast to get a NR.  Also the whole Xmas and VD drop for 3 days.