AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

"I'd like to switch, stay in my room." He said shuffling back to his room to sleepily feed the hungry kitten before laying on the couch with the kitten on him falling back asleep. 

---

He woke up the next morning and immediately went to check the kittens. "Truffle and Void need a precautionary flea bath and another warm water bladder. We need more milk too. " He said getting on his robe and slippers to go get a bowl of warm water, another cup of warm milk, clean turkey basters and a couple towels. He was fully awake when he came back up followed behind by two maids with breakfast. 

He instructed that she'd be served breakfast in bed and he'd take his at the coffee table. However his main concern was the kittens who complained loudly as he washed them gently, rubbing them with the soap only with his thumb they where so tiny.  Once finished, he wrapped up Truffle and Void and brought them over to Alivia to hold them. "There, no dirt that'll get them sick and now cuddles with their mom. I'll get dressed in the bathroom then eat my breakfast. Good morning my beautiful wife." He said kissing the top of her head. It surprised him how comfortable he was around her already. 

He gathered his clothes and went into the bathroom, coming out with damp hair slicked back and clean clothes.  He sat down to eat. "So... I know I asked your father for your hand in marriage, and we are married on paper already but... Um... Would you like to go on a date with me today? I'd like to see the town without my mask. I'm still nervous without it. We can take a canteen of milk and the kittens with us. We can start your store too. We just need to find a sign for open and closed. Maybe we can advertise it at the market today and open it tomorrow?" He suggested. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She nodded and went into his room, feeding the other hungry kitten, and then also falling back asleep again on the other side of his bed afterward with it sleeping on top of her as well.

She woke up a bit when she heard everything that he said regarding what Truffle and Void needed as well as where he was going and the other things they needed. She nodded sleepily, sitting up a bit more with a pillow behind her to prop her up a bit more while rubbing her eyes free of the sleep and also trying to wake up a bit more as well. She was a bit more awake when he came back with two maids that had breakfast for both of them, smiling in gratitude towards them for it as her stomach growled a bit.

She blushed when she heard it, but hoped that it hadn't been too loud as she took the tray that had her breakfast on it afterward and placed it over her lap as she started to eat. She was halfway done with her scrambled eggs with bits of ham in it and raisin toast with butter on it when he emerged from the bathroom with the kittens wrapped in a towel, hearing everything he said as he gave them to her and also feeling the small kiss he placed on the top of her head. "Okay and I'll cuddle with them to make them safe again. Alright and good morning my handsome husband," she said in reply while kissing him softly on the cheek.

She hummed a bit and spoke softly to them to let them know that they were safe before finishing eating the rest of her breakfast that was left on the plate. She had pushed the tray towards the other side of the bed and was now drying the kittens off with the towel they were wrapped in along with sitting on the edge of the bed when he emerged from the bathroom. "Oh um sure. I'd like that. Okay. That sounds like a good plan and yes, we can. Maybe we can also find an open/closed sign while in the market as well. Yes that sounds fine," she said in reply to everything he said and asked before getting off of the bed. "I'm going to get dressed in my room, but I'll be back. I might have something over there for some sort of sling to carry them around in while we're in town," she said before heading over to her room with the kittens. She got dressed after setting them down on the bed, located a couple of shawls that could work as slings, and then brought them and the cats back over with her to his room afterward.

"I found these pieces of fabric that I thought we could use as some sort of sling to carry them around with us. I was thinking that I could carry Truffle and you can carry Void or we can take turns carrying both of them."

Edited by SkySong278

When she got back to his room, he had opened his curtains and was actually looking in a mirror. He had carried it out of the bathroom and uncovered it. When he spotted his wife in the reflection, he turned to face her. "It is still quite odd seeing my reflection. I can't believe I looked like this the entire time. I looked through my wardrobe and I noticed that my outfits are awfully... dark. I wore the same thing for practically all my life. I'd like to do something different, but I'm horrible at picking things other than metals and jewels. You need to pick up your outfits you ordered when you arrived here too. Could you help me with a makeover? I really could use one. " 

Quadir dried the kittens and slipped each one inside his gloves he uses for winter, then moved the water bladder to the slings Alivia brought, covered it with a soft blanket and tucked both kittens inside. "There, nice and cozy." He went and got his coin purse and then his cloak and then tied the sling around his neck and shoulder.  "Are you ready?" he said grabbing his mask then tied it to his belt, so he has some form of security with him.

She noticed that he was looking at his reflection in a mirror that she knew hadn't been there before, figuring that he might have moved it from somewhere else to be there. "I can understand why. I wanted to tell you how you really looked, but risked turning you to stone if I had due to the curse. Now I can call you handsome all I want. Oh and I nearly forgot about those outfits. Thank you for reminding me about them and sure I'd love to help you out," she said in reply to everything he said and the question he asked at the end. "I just hope that you like the clothes that I'll pick out for you."

Alivia nodded when he was done prepping the kittens and water bladders while being asked if she was ready to go as a nonverbal response before saying verbally as she put one of her hands in one of his after he was done tying his mask onto his belt, "I am." She then led the way out of his room and then down the stairs to the foyer. Once they got down to the bottom of them, she told one of the staff members where they were going, and then led the way outside afterward and towards the town.

Edited by SkySong278

"Anything is better than wearing all black all the time. Although I don't know how well most colors would look on me. It would be my first experience. I preferer if we get the cheaper cloth, I don't like walking around in shirts and pants that can easily get holes in them from monsters.  It'll be a waste of money and materials that the people can use in the wintertime.  I don't like the Lords who parade around in wealth and their people struggle under their hefty taxes. " He said as they headed down the steps and out the door. 

He seemed surprised at how bright it was outside and squinted as they walked to the market. "Everything looks so different without the red glass obscuring my view. I can see a wider perspective too. I feel like i had horse blinders on my head." He said as he looked around in awe. He headed to the market first.

"Okay then when we get to a clothes vendor in the market, I can hold up a few different colors to see which ones you like better and the same thing with pants. Alright cheaper it is. I understand. I don't either," she said in reply to everything he said while continuing to walk. She smiled at his reaction to how bright everything seemed to be before hearing what he said while saying in reply as they headed to and got to the market, "I bet everything seemed to have a red tinge to it due to the glass as well and I'm glad you can see farther as well. I bet it'll all take some time to get used to."

When they got there, she headed straight for the cloth stalls and started to look through the fabric that they had there. She unfolded a bit of fabric on one of the bolts and then held it out towards him with an inquiring look on her face to see what he thought of it. It was a bit of a dark teal color, but it wasn't too dark like everything else he had.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir followed her and studied the fabric. "Maybe for a nice vest. With light blue embroidery?" He suggested touching the fabric. He bought a couple yards and moved to the other bits of fabric. He tilted his head seeing a lovely slate grey. "I like this one. Looks like a sky in winter." He said softly then patted the sling after Void started to cry at the sudden change of position when he had leaned over.  I can get several shirts of this coloring then vests of different colors to match with them?" He asked already paying for several yards of the material. 

Alivia nodded when she heard what he said regarding a vest in the color she had inquired him about before hearing the question that followed. "That could look nice," she said in reply as he bought several yards of it and then followed him over to another color that was a slate grey which looked like the sky during winter time. "I like it as well. I think that it would go really nicely with your hair. That also sounds like a good idea," she said in reply while also reaching over to gently pet Void and then did the same to Truffle when she also leaned over and he also started to cry with that motion. "What other colors do you think would go with it for those vests you suggested?"

"white is hard to maintain... Um hm..." He looks around then down at the two bundles of cloth. "I need to get measurements done too, and the pants we can look at ready made clothing at the tailor shop for vests and shirts as well as pants. Let's find you a sign over in the woodwork area then post a sign in the town square. " He said pulling out a scroll that said when and where the store is.  "Then we can head the cats at the tailors and then eat lunch after that." He said with a blush. 

“Okay,” she said in reply to the first few statements he said before hearing the rest of what he said afterward. “Alright and okay sounds good,” she said before looking at the scroll he pulled out that had an announcement for her store which caused her eyes to widen slightly in surprise to see. “Okay,” she said in reply with a shy smile on her face and a light blush now on her cheeks.

Edited by SkySong278

((she asked for other colors other then the teal and grey. He commented white was too difficult to maintain,  and the scroll wasn't a map it's a grand opening statement for her shop to put up on the bulletin board))

"This will get attention from the foreign traders as well, they always look at the board. " He said and he took her hand in his taking her to a wood working stall. He chose a plain board that had quadverns carved around a blank oval shape. "This is perfect! We can paint it and have Open and Closed painted on either side! And it matches your shop name! Let's get it." He said pulling out a silver piece and told the vendor to keep the change before buying a basket to fit everything in. He put the cloth and sign in the basket, then went and choose out brushes and paints. These he studied carefully, checking the quality of the brushes and asking about the base compound and color of certain paints. 

"Mom taught me to draw and paint. I prefer paintings, my mom and dad's portrait in the catacombs are ones I've painted myself. Alright, now let's go pick up your clothes and get me some new outfits, feed these guys and then feed ourselves. I can work on the sign when we get back home so it'll be ready and dry for tomorrow!" He grinned at her.

This moment seemed to make several ladies stop, some merchant daughters who dressed wealthily, some maids at the teashop nearby, and others were local ladies (and a few gentlemen as well) doing grocery shopping. Quadir looked around blankly. "Uh... Oh..." He seemed to realize they were staring at him and he flushed and fiddled with his mask, slipping it on. A few gasps sounded but after a moment the ladies (and gentlemen) continued their shopping. "So many eyes on me. I still don't see the big deal... The crown prince is better looking than I am with green eyes and blonde hair. " 

“Oh that’s good to know;” she said in reply before following him out of the stall and to a wood working one soon after. She looked at all of the options they had before looking at the one Quadir picked that was plain and had Quadverns carved around the oval shape of it, hearing everything that he said afterward. “I agree and okay,” she said in reply before he paid for it and then bought a basket as well to put both that and the cloth in. After he placed those things in there, she noticed that he was really scrutinizing the brushes and paints, wondering briefly if he knew something about them.

She ended up being right when she heard what he said after inquiring about the base compound of some of the paints. “Oh okay and I bet that was a fun hobby to pick up. Oh, well, they’re very nicely done. Okay and sounds absolutely perfect to me,” she said in reply with a smile and a small blush as well when she saw his grin.

She then noticed that both ladies and guys were looking at him as he did that and knew that it was probably his face that had them react like that. “You’re beautiful and handsome. People can’t help but stop and stare, especially since all they had seen of you before was your face covered with your mask. It’s probably mostly surprise but also you being attractive to them,” she said in reply to his last two statements.

Edited by SkySong278

He twiddle his thumbs before lifting his mask a bit to see her better. "But I don't want to be attractive to them. Just....just you." He said shyly. He cleared his throat and held the sling in place as he whirled around so his back was to her. "Let's get to the tailor shop before they close for lunch." He said marching off to the sewing district.  He remained silent the rest of the way there keeping his mask on. 

When they got to the shop he walked in and a couple girls there shrieked in surprise that the Lord was entering a clothing shop. The shopkeeper didn't even look up from his books. "Ah, here for Miss Alivia's outfits yes?" He said only looking up and peering over his half moon spectacles when Quadir huffed in his usual way. "I would've had them delivered like I do with yours." 

"I want to get fitted too. The curse of the Maelstrom family is broken thanks to my wife. Lady Maelstrom broke the curse yesterday. " He said with a growl and once again removed his mask accompanied with another huff of irritation, much to the shock of the ladies present.  "I'd like to have something lighter then my usual wear. But I'll let my wife go first, I believe one of her dresses needs a second fitting." He turned to Alivia then holding out his arms. "I'll hold Truffle for you." He said softly. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Oh," she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks and also while looking a bit shy as well. Then after he whirled around with his mask back in place and said what he did she said in reply, "Okay." She then followed after him as he marched out and started to head towards the sewing district, looking at everything on the way with both interest and fascination on both her face and in her eyes. She didn't mind that he kept quiet all of the way there since her thoughts were elsewhere at the moment.

She caught up to him just as they arrived at the tailor shop, going inside with him soon after and jumping slightly at the shriek that was suddenly emitted by the ladies currently in the shop. She sighed in a bit of annoyance when she noticed that the shopkeeper wasn't looking up from his books at them being there before hearing what he asked, and then said shortly after Quadir huffed in irritation.

She nodded in reply to the shopkeeper's question about picking up her outfits and then heard Quadir's response to what the shopkeeper had said afterward. She blushed a bit at the emphasis on her being his wife along with her breaking the family curse, not having any control of the glare that happened shortly after she heard the ladies' shock and towards them when she saw him take his mask off out of the corner of her eye. She then had her full attention be back on the main conversation when she heard him say that one of her dresses needed a second fitting. She looked a bit confused at that, not knowing which one it was but then just ended up nodding in agreement soon after.

"Alright I won't be long. Make sure the ladies don't try to take him or we might not see him again," she said in reply just as softly as he did her with his last statement before holding Truffle out for him to hold as requested, and then kissing him (Quadir) softly on the cheek afterward. She then stepped into one of the dressing rooms there soon after, being handed the dresses over the top of the room. She quickly went through them, finding the one she thought needed a second fitting for (guessing it's the one that'll end up being her wedding dress) that was mainly white in color with areas of silver to add a bit of color and was ankle length.

She called in a seamstress after she got it on for her to start the pinning process for the areas that needed to be fitted a bit better. After that was done she got dressed in what she had been wearing earlier, left the dress she had the second fitting for so that they could work on it more, then took the other dresses along with a couple of other shirts and pants she had gotten tailored for her, opened the door, and then stepping out again soon after. "Oh it looks like you'll have to carry both kittens since my hands are a bit full with dresses and outfits," she said as she looked down briefly to see everything that she held. "Or can they just be delivered to the castle so that we don't have to carry them back with us?"

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir blushed at her kiss and nodded. He took the kitten and then went outside and whistled twice before heading back in. He sat down on a chair and skillfully held both kittens and basters feeding them both much to the patrons merriment. He waited patiently looking uncomfortable as the girls gushed, unsure if it was from him or the tiny fluff balls in his palm. 

When she got out, two girls were sitting on either side of him as he protectively held the babies to his chest. "No they are too little to be handled by many people- Alivia!" He said jumping up to get away from the girls. "Don't worry, I trained Lilith to come when I whistle. She's outside and can be our pack horse." He said waving to the window where the black horse was standing patiently.  "Since I still have some outfits I need to order. " He said waving her to sit down and handing her both slings with the kittens. "Watch the babies. They're already fed." He said as he went back to be measured. He picked out already made pants and shirts. Mostly brown and black for pants, but dark green emerald color, deep merlot, tan and a indigo colors for shirts. When he came out he was wearing a new outfits, a pair of dark brown pants and a green shirt. He took the baggage and tied it to each other setting it on Lilith. "Alright, now a meal then home correct?"

Alivia looked out the window, seeing Lilith standing there patiently after she heard what he said and saw his gesture and sighed in relief at that. She then looked back over at him and noticed all of the girls around him, giggling a bit as she knew exactly why that was which was because of the kittens he held. She sat down at his other gesture for her to do just that, taking the slings with the kittens in them shortly afterward when they were handed to her. As he went into the room to get fitted, she hummed softly to let them know that she was there as they had begun to start whining at all of the noise the other ladies were causing.

She also started to talk to them while gently petting them as he browsed colors and then picked out some shirts and pants that were already made. When he came back while wearing a dark green shirt and brown pants while holding a few other shirts and pants of some other colors, she looked up and blushed slightly. "You look very handsome," she said as she got up and followed him out to where Lilith was waiting. She watched as he put the baggage on either side of her (Lilith's) back before hearing his question. "Yes that's correct," she said in reply with a smile before holding out the sling with Void in it back to him. "I talked and hummed softly to them earlier and now they're sleeping."

Edited by SkySong278

"Thanks..." He said shyly at her complement and took back Void. "The smell of perfume must've made them upset, they can't see or hear, but their noses work just fine. Glad you were able to get them sleeping again." He said as he clicked his tongue and Lilith followed him. 

"There's a inn that sells lunch, they have this dish I've been wanting to try but Rose is allergic to some of the ingredients. Cilantro irritates her skin and cumin and peppers make her break in a rash. It's called a Gumbo, and it's spicy. They also have these fried cinnamon corn tortillas with strawberry jam on them. I heard it's really good! Shall we try it?" 

"You're welcome," she said in reply with a smile before hearing what he said after he took back Void. "Ah that must've been it, then. I thought maybe it was because of the ladies making some commotion about them, but I forgot that they can't hear right now. Me too," she said before he had Lilith follow after him as he started walking and she kept pace with him with one of her hands in one of his.

"Oh that sounds like a very interesting dish and I'm sorry to hear that she's allergic to some ingredients in it so you can't have it back home. I don't mind it being spicy at all because I quite like spicy food. Those also sound very interesting and yes."

"I love spicy foods. My Mom grew her own ghost pepper and made salsa and stews during the winter and kept everyone warm." He chuckled as they entered the place he suggested. He got them a table and pulled out her chair for her before sitting down opposite of her.  He ordered two stews and a helping of the cinnamon tortillas then sat back looking around. "I never got to eat out like this before, unless I'm on the road, I didn't eat in front of anyone just in case someone knocked off my mask. But I don't have to worry about that now."

“I don’t mind them at all although, maybe, ghost pepper is possibly a bit too spicy for me but I bet it kept them quite warm all the same,” she said while also giggling a bit right as they arrived at the inn and entered it shortly after. She thanked him as he pulled her chair out for her. She sat down just as he did, listening as he ordered two stews and an order of the cinnamon tortillas. “Ah and I’m glad you’re able to enjoy eating out more now as well as being able to eat in front of people. I just hope they don’t cause you to be too uncomfortable.”

Edited by SkySong278

"It'll take some getting used to. Although I still don't think I'm that good looking. The Deity has a handsome Fox face too. " He said softly and sat back as the food arrived. He started to eat the gumbo. He finished the bowl within a minute, not even breaking a sweat. He waved over the owner, complements the food and eagerly asked for seconds. The owner equally eager at the Lord of Maelstrom complementing his wife's cooking gave him a larger bowl on the house. Quadir's cheeks where pink, wether it was due to the spice or embarrassment was up for debate. "Having strength of five mountain beasts means I eat a lot to keep my strength up. " 

"I'm sure it will. You are very handsome and beautiful, at least to me. Yes he does," she said in reply just before their food arrived. She started to eat it as well shortly after it arrived, but ate it slower than he did so as to savor it a bit more. She wasn't sweating either as it was just enough spice for her to handle and she ended up finishing her own bowl a few minutes or so after he did. She also complimented him (the owner) on how good the food was after Quadir called him over to do so, but didn't ask for seconds since she was saving room for the cinnamon tortillas that she was looking forward to eating. She smiled at the owner before looking at her love when she heard what he said after he was given the second bowl, starting to eat a cinnamon tortilla as she did so. "Ah that makes sense." She then leaned back a bit and looked down at the still sleeping Truffle in her sling, gently petting him with the tip of her right index finger as well as humming softly shortly afterward.

"The ladies at the shop wanted to hold them. " He said in between bites, eating slower now to embrace the fragrant smell and the exotic flavor of the dish seeing her pet Truffle. "They are so delicate even at a week old. Until their eyes and ears open, they'll only be handled by us. Cats are smart too. I think I'll train Void to fetch small objects like a quill or a ball, maybe even to bring notes to people around the castle. That'll be fun." He said looking down at the kitten he spoke about with a tender smile. 

When he was finished, the owner came back and took the bowl then set out small glasses of milk in front of them. "The Mrs informed me that spice mixed with strawberry clash forming a very interesting and awful taste, so this is to clean your palette. " He (the owner) said to them and left. 

"Can't be that bad..." Quadir tilted his head and dabbed his finger on the strawberry jam and licked it off curling his lip at the taste and immediately getting the milk. "Yep, oh that's awful..."

((Ate a jalapeno pepper thinking it was a banana pepper once and had strawberries to cool the burn, oh boy it was indescribable it was so horrible!))