AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

"Me? Let's see, I do regret getting into a fight with my dad before he left and refusing to see him off. When they brought his sword and mask back, and his body covered in a tarp my blood ran cold. And saving that scummy brute's Life Mayor Evens.  However in hindsight, I wouldn't have met you if I hadn't. I also regret letting a criminal go without killing him, he murdered a family and I stupidly bannished him and continued on his killing spree in other provinces before he was finally killed. Hm.... There's many things I regret not doing in life, as short as mine is at this point. Let's see... Let me ask a mundane question now. What made you get into jewelry making?" He asked handing her another match. This time she won the round and he started a third round checking his pocket watch for the time. "After this round we'll stop for lunch and stretch." He informed her. 

“Oh and I’m sure he knew that you still loved him although you had an argument with him before he left. That’s the thing with parents. Before my parents died, I had quite a few arguments with my mom but she knew I still loved her; I was just going through a phase. I’m sure we probably would’ve met another way like possibly if you ever found yourself in the town I had lived in. Mistakes happen. I’m sure at the time, you thought it was the best thing to do. Ah okay. Okay and I guess I wanted to share one of my gifts with others,” she said in reply to everything he said and the other question he asked before the other statement he said after she won the round they had just finished playing. “Okay sounds good,” she said with a smile before looking at the cards that she was dealt for this new round.

He continues to play and ask simpler questions like what was her favorite jewelry design and her favorite hair style for her hair. Once the game was finished, he knocked on the top and the carriage stopped to the side of a open farmland road and he put back on his mask getting out and helping her out. They had lunch of apples and cheese then they got back in and continued.

---- one week later----

A week passed and he had her sleep in a inn twice, but he mostly stayed outside in the carriage and slept there. The night before the ball, they where at a fancy inn near the Lord's manor and he had taken extra precautions about having his mask on at all times and even adding another strap so it couldn't be knocked off easily. He had covered the mirrors in his room and chewed on his thumbnail pacing the floor.

She also continued to play, answering the other questions he asked while doing so. When the newest round of their game was over and he had knocked on the roof, she walked out of the carriage with him to enjoy eating some lunch with him as a small break from their journey. After they were done eating, she got back into the carriage with him, and they continued on their way.

A week later found her sleeping in an inn twice while still continuing on their journey which she enjoyed, but she wouldn’t have minded sleeping in the carriage. The night before the ball, she was in the room he had gotten for her in a fancy inn and practicing curtsying as well as dancing a bit. She was a bit restless, and this helped her to get the restlessness out. After dancing a bit more she stopped, and then went over to the room Quadir was staying in, knocking on the doorframe soon after getting there and seeing him pacing the floor. “Are you okay?” she asked after walking a bit into the room.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir bid her to come in and waved for her to sit down. "Nerves acting up again. Can't shake this feeling that something is going to happen." He stopped then went to her kneeling down and resting his head on her knees. On the journey he mentioned his mother would pet his hair and calm him down so she offered to do the same when he got too nervous. It happened both times they where in a town. He was trembling like a lamb. "I know you are probably as nervous as I am. It's just a day then we can go home. The ball goes for three days but we only have to show up for one day. I don't plan on staying any longer and if that Prince tries to dupe me I'll bust down the door to his mansion myself to see what he has to say to me then. " He said with a low growl twords the end, something that has happened to him before at least. "I just...... Need to calm down.... I have massive social anxiety and just thinking about it makes me nervous.... Do you know any lullabies or stories? That might help me relax too..."

Alivia went into his room at his invitation and then sat down as well when he gestured for her to do so, listening to everything that he said afterward. "Oh and has something bad happened before if you've felt this same feeling another time you went to one of his balls or is this the first time?" she said and asked in reply before he came over to where she was sitting and rested his head on her knees. She pet his hair like his mom had done to help him calm down and she herself had offered to do in her stead. "I am. That's good that we'll only have to be there for a day before heading back home. If it was longer than just a day, I'm not sure how long I'd be able to last. Hopefully that won't happen," she said in reply to everything he had said earlier as she continued to pet his hair and then listened to the rest of what he said. "Okay. I understand and I do know a lullaby my mom sang to me when I got nervous that would calm me down and also before I went to bed that I still remember the words to that I hope will help you to relax as well." After she said the last thing she did, she started to sing in what she hoped was a comforting tone and also that it wasn't off-key at all since it had been awhile since she last sang it. After she had sung the last note she asked, "Are you feeling more relaxed?"

Quadir had stopped trembling and leaned on her legs. "Yes... It really does help. I think I can get some sleep now. " He said sitting up.  He stood and pressed the nose of his mask to her forehead softly. "Thank you so much for this. You are a tremendous help. Let's hope your firey side shows through at the ball. Remember, your are a Maelstrom now. You take orders from no one. You fear none and have the strongest man in the kingdom behind you. " He said softly. He adjusted his mask, then kissed her head softly. "Get some sleep, you have an early day tomorrow getting ready. " He fixed his mask and took her hand leading to the door. "Thank you so much for being here with me. Sweet dreams pretty Fox." He said softly before closing his door and flopping on his bed falling asleep immediately. 

-----the next morning---

Donna accompanied them to help Alivia get ready. She woke up the mistress with a hot breakfast and a warm bath was prepared immediately after. She was helped into the dress and jewelry, hair styled and nails cleaned and manicured. The shoes that went with the dress where thankfully flats, but had a inch more soal than normal flats so she wouldn't trip on her dress hem. 

A half hour before the ball Quadir knocked on her door. "we must get going now. " He was dressed in black and silver livery a jeweled lilac pinned to his lapel so he matches her dress. His mask was different, more polished and darker than it used to be, finally being cleaned, you can see the scale pattern now, more details on the mask like eyebrows and small slits on the nose for nostrils. The horns where real and gleamed so much they nearly showed one's reflection.  His cape was lilac as well with his family crest embroidered on the back.  He bowed low and held a hand out to her. "Are you ready Lady Maelstrom?"

“I’m glad,” Alvia said in reply with a smile while also noticing that he stopped trembling. She blushed a light pink color when she felt the tip of the nose part of his mask against her head after he stood up before hearing everything he said after he did that action. "You're welcome and I'm glad I can help you to calm down when you feel anxious. I hope so as well and I'll remember those things. Thank you and I'm glad for that as well," she said in reply to everything he said after he had done that and then her blush darkened to a darker pink when she felt him actually kiss her head softly and also as he called her pretty. "I will and again you're welcome," she said in reply to his last few statements as he led her to his bedroom door and she walked out before he closed the door behind her. Still blushing, she walked back to her room there at the inn and then got ready for bed shortly afterward before falling asleep right on the bed without getting under the covers.

Alivia opened her eyes when Donna woke her up with a hot breakfast, thankful for the porridge. After she ate it, she got into the warm bath that was prepared for her. Then after she was done with the bath, she got out and dried off before Donna helped her put on the dress, jewelry and style her hair as well while also cleaning and manicuring her nails. Her hair had been styled into a braided bun and was held in place with a lavender colored ribbon (thinking Anna's coronation hairdo in the first Frozen movie). After those things were done, she put on the flats that she had packed to go with the dress and was thankful that there was an inch more of a sole so that she wouldn't accidentally trip over the dress hem as she walked. 

She was practicing her curtsy again after she was completely ready and a half hour before the ball when she heard Quadir knock on the door, hearing what he said. She breathed in and out in order to get her nerves under control before heading over to and opening it afterward, seeing him dressed in a black and silver livery with a pinned jeweled lilac on his lapel that was a match to her dress which she thought made him look quite handsome. She also noticed that his mask was different with it being more polished and darker, like it was cleaned. She could also tell that there was a scale pattern on it and more details such as eyebrows over the jeweled eyes and small slits as nostrils for the nose part of it. She blushed slightly when she could nearly see her reflection in the gleaming horns. "Yes I guess so," she said in reply to his question before taking his offered hand in one of hers. "You look very nice by the way."

Edited by SkySong278

He straightened and paused for a long moment. "You look lovely. " He breathed softly as he lead her to the carriage and helped her inside. He was quiet along the way and helped her out and up the stairs to Gunther's mansion.  He handed their ticket to the announcer and leaned down to whisper to her as he survived the crowd. "Watch their reaction to my name.."

"INTRODUCING LORD QUADIR MAELSTROM AND THE LADY ALIVIA MAELSTROM!"  Shouted the announcer and the hall once bustling with noise and movement ceased. Even the band squeaked to a halt. A cough sounded in the now quiet room. 

"Why has my name stopped the merrymaking? " Quadir asked in his monotone voice. Slowly the band started to play again and then the murmurs started as a massive mountain of a man that rivals Quadir's hight aproched them with  Mayor Evens behind him. "Ah! Quadir my old friend!" Gunther came up and went for a hug, making Quadir step back and instinctively grab his sword hilt. "we are neither friend or foe lord Gunther. Do not approach me like you are one or the other. " Gunther stopped in his tracks seeing Quadir bristled like a angry cat. "Ah, well so it shall be then.  Well, the guest of honor, my cousin and I would like to speak with you privately. Would you like to meet us in the garden say... Around afternoon tea time? This way you can enjoy the ball with your beautiful wife." He said arms still stretched in a hug.

Quadir let go of his sword hilt and got out of his protective stance nodding. "I will not be opposed to this arrangement. "

She looked a bit shy when he seemed to pause for awhile and then smiled after hearing what he said. “Thank you,” she said before being led to the carriage where she was helped inside it. She nodded in thanks to him before sitting down and getting comfortable. She then also kept silent during the ride to the mansion where the ball was going to be held. She got out with him when they arrived there, and nodded when she heard what he whispered to her as he handed their ticket to the announcer.

She watched with interest as the crowd there along with the band quieted as soon as the announcement of their names was let known. She was even more interested when even movement seemed to cease as well. 

She smiled at everyone when the band started up again, and the chatter also started as well. She grew a bit curious when it seemed to be more murmuring than actual chatter and her attention turned to the approaching Mayor Evans and who she thought might’ve been Lord Gunther in front of him. She glared slightly at the former before her expression turned into one of curiosity as she heard the one she thought was Lord Gunther call Quadir an old friend. That curiosity only grew when she heard the latter say that he wasn’t a friend or foe while holding the hilt of his sword and looking like an angry cat and wondered what their relationship was or if they had one, but would ask later as it seemed the time to ask that wasn’t at that time. Her curiosity stayed as she heard the rest of the conversation.

“Want me to be there with you or somewhere close by?” she asked him softly after she heard his response to Lord Gunther’s offer.

Edited by SkySong278

"His highness needs to speak to both of you so of course you'll be accompanying him. " Lord Gunther said taking her hand in his to kiss the back of it, but Quadir stepped in front of her smacking his hand away. Gunther just chuckled and moved away to greet his other guests

"What a brute, you dare disrespect your gracious host?" Mayor Evens scoffed clicking his tongue. "What will your mother say about this?" He looked to his guard also in livery and was the same one that had taken Alivia to the Maelstrom Castle. "At least you have good timing."

"Mother wouldn't say anything about that, she's dead." Quadir retorted flatly. "And of course I have impeccable timing, but your captain on the other hand dose not.." "Captain Zai is spot on in his arrival-!" Evens started to say looking to the gard in question seeing the man's face was pale. 

"Really? Then perhaps you can tell me why did he bring five men, a chained woman and a covered wagon with him and arrived at roughly noon in my ravine and stopped only an hour away from my castle wall when I got word they should arrive at dusk?" He growled lowly. "I'd say to you Mayor, if I didn't arrive just in time and had caught him and his men violating my wife it would be their heads sent back to you along with their jewels." He muttered getting in really close to the Mayor.  Evens went white and whirled around to drag his guard off to chew him out.   

Quadir took Alivia's hand and walked her down the steps after realizing they where blocking the way of other guests. He dragged her into a quiet and hidden corner trembling. "Don't like this... Don't like this... I hate playing niceties with the enemies of my family. " He muttered to himself. He took several breaths and seemed to wipe his gloved hands on his trousers. "I really wanted to sock Evens in the jaw and that guard apparently made it back in one piece. I'm sorry dear, I'm ruining your night. Let me calm down a bit then we can go dance together.... Oh... I guess this is our first dance as a married couple.." he said softly his fear turned into shyness as he studied the marble floor.  "Whenever you hear a song you like we can head over to the dancefloor."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alivia just nodded when she heard what Gunther said about the prince needing to talk to the both of them, wanting to yank her hand out of the former's but she didn't have to as Quadir smacked it away after he stepped in front of her.

She then glared over at Evans when she heard everything that he said, including the bit about his mother. She then noticed the guard that was with him and glared a bit at him as well, wanting to slap both of them but refrained from doing so. She then smirked a few minutes or so later when she heard what Quadir said in reply about him having wonderful timing, but his captain not having it at all which she thought was true since he showed up too early to drop her off with the latter a few weeks or so ago.

She sighed and rolled her eyes when she heard the start of Evans' retort, and was very interested in seeing the man in question have a very pale face. She figured it was because he remembered what Quadir had threatened him with that day before having her attention be back on the other two just as she heard Quadir's response to what Evans said. She then watched with keen interest as Evans dragged the captain off to chew him out after everything her husband said to him of how early he had been as well as what he had done before feeling his hand in hers, and then being pulled to walk with him to a quiet and hidden corner of the manor.

She had noticed as they walked away, that they had accidentally been blocking other guests from coming in and had also blushed a bit in embarrassment because of that. Now she listened to everything he said while he was being a bit afraid, noticing him trembling as well. "Is me being here with you helping? I also wanted to slap him and the captain so you're not the only one. I guess so and it's okay. Honestly, I just want this really big extravagant party to be over with so that we can go back home. Okay and not exactly," she said in reply while also looking a bit shy and down at the floor as well. "Um okay, and I'll let you know." It was a few minutes or so after she had finished saying that last statement she heard a song she liked and said, "We can go to the dance floor now if you'd like and if you're feeling a bit more calm now."

Edited by SkySong278

By the time the song she liked was playing he was calm enough to go dance. He nodded to her statement and lead her to the dancefloor. He got into position and started to lead her in the moves. The other dancers gave them a weary look. "After this would you like some hors d'oeuvres and a drink? They have pink lemonade. " He suggested. "You really practiced hard! You're a wonderful dancer! " He said a smile in his voice. 

She walked with him to the dance floor after he seemed to be calm enough. She also got into position soon after he did, doing the moves with him as he led them into them and noticed that they were being given weary looks by the other dancing guests around them. She gave a small shrug before having her attention go back to being on him and everything he was asking and saying. "Sure and I love pink lemonade. It's my favorite," she said while smiling a bit and also extended to her eyes as well. "Thank you and I have an awesome teacher," she said in reply to the last couple of statements that he said still with the smile on her face.

His neck turned pink.  "Well we have something in common then. I love pink lemonade too. And thank you about teaching you. It was my pleasure. " The song ended and he  lead her to the table with snacks and drinks. He got two glasses of pink lemonade and two plates of snacks and went back to their corner to eat them with her. His back was in the corner and he fixed his mask so he can eat and drink easily. "We have another half hour before we meet the prince outside. "

"Oh, yay. I'm glad I was a good student," she said in reply before the song ended and he led her over to the table that had snacks and drinks. She then followed him back over to their corner after taking a plate of snacks and a glass of pink lemonade before starting to eat the snacks and drink the lemonade, alternating between the two. "Okay. I'm kind of worried about what he wants to talk to us about," she said in reply with a small sigh before she finished eating the snacks and then mainly focused on drinking her drink afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"Agreed. Probably going to ask if we have a child yet. He may be the third born prince, but he's a son of a concubine, there's no way he'd be able to sit on the throne. The Queen's children get priority, in which there's four, and the royal mistress gets second, in which she had four.  There's six boys and two girls that will be able to have the throne before he does.  No doubt he's just trying to get the land I have to make himself look good to the people and to the Heart of Ammar. " He said darkly sipping his lemonade. 

"Don't mention that to him though, he's volatile like baking soda and vinegar mixed together.  Any mention of his family and he'd break his act. They call me a monster yet he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He has a gift of words, he's able to get into your mind and make you doubt yourself. Don't let him do that. You are strong, and beautiful and the kindest soul I've met from outside my town walls. " He said simply like he was stating a fact. 

When the time came he set their plates and cups aside and led her to the garden. There was nobody waiting there for them. "Hmmm maybe he's trying to throw me off and would arrive late..." He looked around the garden, back to the awning where a figure in grey blending into the roof tile hidden nearly completely save for the tiny flash of his metal dart blower.  Quadir had his back completely to the ambusher when a pfft  sounded and a little dart with black feathers flew twords his lower back.

She listened to everything he said regarding who would come before the third prince on the throne with interest and curiosity, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder when she heard what he said darkly in hopes of giving him a bit of comfort. "I won't and good to know. He sounds like someone you don't want to cross and alright. You really think I'm beautiful?" she said and asked in reply to the rest of what he said with the tiniest bit of pink in her cheeks to make them blush a bit before he picked up their plates and glasses and set them aside when it was time for the meeting. She got up and followed him out to the garden, looking around with confusion clear on her face when she didn't see anyone there to meet them.

She wondered briefly if it was a trap set out by Lord Gunther, Mayor Evans, and the third prince but didn't voice it as she wasn't completely sure of that. "Hm maybe," she said in both reply and thought as she also looked around. She then thought that she heard a sound and turned, seeing what she thought was a small dart heading towards him from an awning while being completely sure it had been a trap. "Quadir!" she exclaimed before running and jumping behind him before the dart hit his lower back where it looked like it had been heading, causing it to hit her in the upper chest area instead on her left side (thinking just below the collarbone area and just short of the shoulder, somewhere between the two). She went down soon after, grunting a bit in pain on the grass and could barely move when she tried to take it out which told her that the dart tip was probably laced with poison.

She tried to talk, but found soon after that she couldn't do that either and her speech came out all garbled instead. She was trying to convey that the assassin might have an antidote to the poison on him, but she wasn't sure if he would understand that. Her vision was also a bit blurred which also told her that she was going to go unconscious soon due to the pain she was feeling as well as the poison effecting her vision a bit too. She ended up doing that a few minutes later, her breathing coming out in shaky breaths.

Edited by SkySong278

The moment he turned and saw the dart hit her, time seemed to slow to a crawl as ice ran through his vanes. To everyone else, the heard a animalistic scream and a flash of black leaping into the awning where the man was. To Quadir the yell was a roar of pain and anger, and his body seemed to move too slow for him. He grabbed the man by the nape of his neck as he attempted to flee the scene, having missed his target entirely.  Leaping down and running to his prone wife Quadir spared none of the onlookers a glance, zeroed in on finding the remedy to the poison she was stuck with. He found a vile, sniffed it and threw it aside. That was the poison, where's the cure?

Frustrated he gripped the man's cheeks and went to snarl out a word when he spotted a small wire attached to the back molar of the assassin. Without hesitation, he jammed his fingers in and ripped out a vile attached to wire out of the man's throat. At this point Gunther, Evens and the Prince came running out there voices sounded like cotton in his ears as he focused on his wife. 

Ingesting would take a while for the cure to take effect. Grabbing a dart from the man who was now coughing up blood due to the rough handling, Quadir saw it was empty, only having one filled with the horrendous poison. Sticking the tip of the clean dart into the antidote, he drew out the correct amount then swapped it with the one now marring Alivia's shoulder now with a patch of black vanes. 

Quadir froze after removing the antidote dart from her, holding his breath for any sign it was taking affect. 

Her breathing still sounded shaky when she was breathing out while being unconscious, hearing something like a scream but it sounded far away to her. She felt another dart go into her shoulder along with the other one coming out but the liquid that this other one had, felt different than the poison and she wondered if it was the antidote. When her breathing became even and shallow again, she knew that she was right.

After a little while longer or so, she slowly opened her eyes once again and looked over at her left-hand side to see Quadir kneeling beside her. “Thank you,” she said with a small smile before moving to sit up, but quickly found that she was a bit dizzy so she laid back down again. “Ugh I feel dizzy,” she said as she put her hands over her eyes. “Want me to ask them or do you want to?” she asked him after a few minutes.

She was referring to asking Lord Gunther, Mayor Evans, and the third prince if this whole thing had been a trap for them from the start or if they knew anything at all about it or not. She had also heard their voices earlier and knew that they were somewhere close by in the garden.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir let out a breath of relief before standing and removing his cape to put over her. He turned to the assassin who was now being held by Gunther at sword point. "Don't worry Quadir, we'll question him about who was behind this." Said the prince as Quadir was in front of them in three strides. He pushed the sword aside, grabbed the man's arms and yanked them back.

A crack and a scream of agony sounded from the man, and a kick to the lower back and the lower body went limp. "I need no answer from him Prince. I don't need to speak to you. My duties now is to tend to my wife. But heed my warning,  anyone who dares endanger my beloved wife again will suffer a fate far worse then this man." He snarled grabbing the back of the man's neck and he went silent before he dropped the man, now dead from Quadir just grabbing the back of his neck, snapping it easily like a dry twig in winter. 

Without a word of goodbye to the host of the ball he strode over to his wife, scooped her into his arms and held her protectively to his chest letting lose a shrill whistle. 

A moment later they where back in the carriage. Quadir had asked to pack their baggage that morning so they can leave the next day however he changed his mind and was heading home that afternoon. He held her close to him, yanking off his mask as tears streamed down his cheeks. "A-Alivia, you're okay now... Thank the Deity you're alright now.... By the gods I was so scared... So scared of losing you..." He murmurs not letting her go even once. He rummaged in his bag and pulled out a medical kit. Sitting her so her back was to him he undid the very top of the dress carefully, pressed gauze on her shoulder where the dart hit and bound the wound. "It was a trap. I knew it would happen.... That poison could have killed you if I didn't find the antidote within five minutes. I'm immune to most poisons and venoms due to the monsters I slay on a daily basis. This is a family secret I should have told you about. So reckless and impulsive.." he grumbled fixing her dress once more and had her lay against him. "Until I'm certain that poison is out of your system you are not to lay down. Lean on me and sleep my love. " He said undoing the ribbon in her hair and, after removing his gloves, undid the braid so she doesn't have a headache later on, but he used the ribbon to tie her hair in a loose ponytail so she wouldn't have it be in her face. 

At this point he had stopped crying looking at her concerned with worry swirling around his brilliant blue and silver eyes. "Thank you for saving me, but please don't do anything so reckless.... If I lost you... My poor heart couldn't take it..." He looked at his hands blushing in realization. "Now I know what Mom felt like when Da died.... I thought I lost you for a second and it tore me apart inside.." he clutches his chest over his heart. 

Alivia enjoyed the feeling of the cape being placed over her as she was feeling a bit cold for some weird reason. She enjoyed the warmth it brought to her while looking over at Quadir as he made his way back over to where the assassin was, currently being held at sword point by Lord Gunther. She heard what the prince said, thinking it interesting that he and the other two were going to question the assassin because it was probably one of them that had told him to hurt her or her love. She let out a soft scoff at that thought before turning away when she heard the assassin scream out in both pain and agony, not wanting to see that side of the man she had started to feel strong feelings for.

She blushed a bit when she heard him say what he did to the prince, wincing a bit when she heard the snap sound that came next from the assassin before feeling him pick her up shortly after. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held her protectively against him while he let out a shrill whistle which she figured might be for the carriage. She ended up being right when she saw it pull up for them to get in.

When they were inside it a moment or so later, she listened to everything he said while still holding her against him and also after taking his mask off. She wiped his tears away with gentle hands before feeling shock and a bit of hurt come over her when she heard that he had known that it was a trap and that he was also immune to poisons and venoms, but didn't say anything. She was too speechless right then and couldn't do it. She was silent as she felt him treat her wound after he moved her so that her back was to him instead. After he was done with it and had put her dress back in place, she turned and rested against him at his coaxing. Her eyes were starting to close a bit when she felt him undo her up do only for it to instead be a ponytail with the ribbon that had held the braided bun in place only moments earlier. "Yes, you should've told me that and also that you thought it was a trap. Why did you go to the garden if you knew that it was that?" she said and asked after getting over her initial shock of what he had shared with her and also wiping her own tears away that were falling down her face from the hurt she had felt from him not telling her that poisons and venoms didn't affect him.

She then raised her head a bit a few minutes or so later so that she could look into his beautiful and concerned eyes while listening to everything else he said. "You're welcome and I'll try, but no promises. I did it because I love you and not because of recklessness. I feel the same way," she said in reply softly before putting one of her hands against his. "The next time you're shot at by a dart or arrow that might be poisoned, I won't get in its way. I don't like feeling weak and helpless like I do now as my body's trying to recover from the poison. Also, how will you know if all of the poison is out of my body?"

Edited by SkySong278

"I didn't think he'd be dumb enough to try and kill me, so I didn't think I'd have to tell you about the poison thing. "  He leaned against her hands eyes never leaving hers. "I thought he'd pester me with questions until I'm uncomfortable. I'd know when it's out of your system when the black vanes turn to normal and it's no longer bleeding. This type of position if left untreated can cause internal bleeding and the inability to clot a wound-" he started then something clicked in his brain. He turned pink to his ears and studied her face. "You love me?..." He whispered softly. He seemed shocked that a woman as perfect as her would love a hideous man such as him. Speechless he moved his mouth to reply back but only a squeak came from his throat. 

In a show of action in the absence of words he tenderly kisses between her brows removing her tears tenderly.  He then adjusted her so she was closer to him and wrapped a blanket around her so she was warmer.  He kissed the top of her head softly as well. "I...I feel the same.... Now sleep my love. You need rest to recover. We'll be home soon..." He whispered softly to her. He started to humm a tune, slightly off key but that was because he wasn't used to singing. He sang the words of a unique lullaby.

"Far below, in mountain deep... There is a beast of great fealty. Alone and stung, he wonders on, till he came upon a home." ((Tune similar to misty mountain cold))

"To which he gave a boon so true,  birth a son, to call his own, but twas they who betrayed him, retreat he be, burned and scorned.

Be it may, a long lost hope. The beast enraged a cursed insured, to what they owed to be his soon, twas the blood they'll be answered soon.  

From then on, the curse ensued, a beast to them, their son became. Until alas, a soul to pass, given freely to the Lord. Until he, a child he has, the curse will last until the back, of the line the Boone was born in."  He sang softly and fell quiet at the end. 

“Oh okay and maybe it was all the of them in on it together and not just one. Ah and yes. I’d like to retract my earlier statement regarding that it wasn’t because of recklessness. It was actually a little bit of that with a lot of love because it makes you do crazy things,” she said in reply while noticing that the tips of his ears were pink. She thought that was cute along with the squeak that came out, but didn’t dare voice that opinion.

When he kissed her between her brows and the top of her head before hearing his reply, it was her turn to blush a bit. She then nodded when she heard what he said about her getting some rest so that she could recover, wondering if they’d be staying at the inn again before making the travel back to the castle unless he knew a shorter way to get back there that wouldn’t take a week but didn’t ask as her mind was tired just like her body.

Her eyes closed when she heard him singing the words of a unique lullaby, falling asleep within minutes of hearing the words to it. She hadn’t known just how tired she was until just then which told her that she probably hadn’t gotten as much sleep as she would’ve wanted the night before. She snuggled closer to him in her sleep after he was done with the lullaby, not wanting to get away from his warmth.

Edited by SkySong278

((note: lullaby is important info to help her break the curse.))

Quadir did know a short cut, but it would be on horseback, something he couldn't risk right now. Although he had went out of their way to see towns on the way their, on the way back he had them take a path that was nearly all forest and had only very short breaks so they'll get home in four days and three nights.  He told the driver they'll take shifts to keep moving and Quadir himself would take the night shifts himself.  

But until he was needed, he remained still while Alivia slept playing solitaire for a bit then read his book he brought. Despite the amount of distractions he had, he still found himself gazing at her as she slept, moving a strand of hair from her face or adjusting the blanket. It was nearly dinner time when once again he found himself looking at her. "How did you fall in love with me?" He whispered softly to himself, he didn't expect and answer, nor did he want one. He was simply bewildered by this woman who wriggled her way into the walled off heart of his within a week and made a deep burrow inside with no sign of leaving.