AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

((oh. I've never had a jalapeno pepper or banana pepper before but good to know that strawberry mixed with either of those is nasty))

"Ah. I heard them gushing over how cute they were when I had been in the dressing room," she said in reply after finishing humming and before she had her attention go back to being on Quadir. "Alright. I heard that about them and I might also train Truffle to send notes as well. It'd be fun doing that back and forth," she said in reply to the rest of what he said while also looking at Void.

When the owner came back to take their bowls and then said what he did while setting down glasses of milk regarding strawberry and spice not mixing well, she looked as curious as her love and watched with interest as he stuck his finger in the jam. She then made a grimace when she heard what he said about it tasting awful, opting not to do the same thing as she also reached for her milk and drank that instead.

"Good to know. Have you tried the cinnamon tortillas yet? They're really good," she said and asked after she had gulped her milk down and took another cinnamon tortilla to eat.

((banana pepper is mild, jalapeno pepper is hecken spicy!))

"Oh I've had these before, but they're better with this..." He said pouring the strawberry jam over the chips and then are one almost emitting a purr himself. "So good. Rose can make these but not the gumbo.... I know! I can make my own gumbo! I can make a mild one for everyone and the spicy one for me.  I didn't before because my peripheral vision was cut off and I couldn't see other workers in the kitchen. I caused a mess I the line cooks because of that so I stopped cooking in the kitchen, but now I can make dishes with you! Like the hamburgers and spaghetti thing you mentioned!" He said excitedly eyes lighting up to a brilliant silver. 

He paused and seemed to think about something else. "We need to plan a actual wedding ceremony too. When would you like to have it? During the summer or winter? Hmmm winter would have too much snow and hard for people to come, summer or autumn?" He corrected himself. "I'll help you plan. For a small one we can just have the castle staff, for a large one we can get married at the castle courtyard entrance where the townspeople can come see since we don't have a lot of friends or family to come."

((I figured Jalapeno ones were spicy, but I didn't know that about banana ones so good to know :)))

"Ah okay," she said in reply while watching as he dumped some strawberry jam on them. She then smiled a bit when she heard him almost be emitting a purr himself, thinking it was really cute. "They are and oh, so that's how you've had them before. Right because she's allergic to two of the ingredients it calls for. That's a really good idea and I bet that was because of your mask and the red glass. Ah and I'd be glad to make those dishes with you," she said in reply still with the smile on her face after swallowing a bite of the cinnamon tortilla dipped in the jam.

She then heard everything else he said regarding planning the wedding ceremony and that he'd also help her with the planning. "Oh, right. I've been meaning to ask you about that, but I seem to keep getting distracted. Hmm maybe autumn when it's a bit cooler. Summer might be a bit too hot. I'd be fine with either a small or large one either way and as a reminder, my father would like to do the human tradition of handing me off to you."

Edited by SkySong278

"Summer is supposed to be hot? We don't get above sixty degrees here and that's a good summer day.  Autumn is lovely anyway. The leaves would match your hair color.  Yes it was because of the mask. It makes it so I only see ahead of me.  Of course I'll remember that. That's why you'll start by the statue and end at the steps of the castle. You should wear a crown of gold leaves or gold strings braided in your hair.  Now I know that the maids don't seem to be switching like they are supposed to. Are you content with Donna being your official head maid? And another question, are you reconsidering becoming the Lady of the castle? You'll still have your shop but you'll be busy so you'll have to higher a employee to take care of it." He said eating another chip. 

“Outside the mountains it is. It can be quite humid, but I forgot that we’re in the mountains and it’ll be much cooler around that time. Sorry. I agree that it will be and um thank you. Ah okay and alright. Oh and yes. She was my favorite one of all of them. Yes I am and I’ll get on that after I open the shop,” she said in reply to everything he said and asked before also eating another couple of chips.

"You know you don't have to be. You can be a Lady in name only so you can run your shop and relax. Since the twin is mostly self sufficient we need to prepare food stores for winter, sometimes we don't even have a spring or autumn, just winter with summer melting then winter again. I need to check the grain silos again and hunt some big game for meat and fur." He said mumbling a list of things to do before winter. "Sorry, it's a full time job."

“Oh. Are you sure? Oh and that’s a lot of things to take care of before then. It’s okay as I understand,” she said and asked in reply with a smile before finishing eating the chip she had been eating and then finished eating another one while she was listening to him. “I can help with all of that, if you’d like.“

Edited by SkySong278

"Only if you want to take up that mantel. I'd appreciate it if you learn about being a lady later especially after being poisoned. I would much appreciate the help. " He let her eat the last chip then paid for their meals and held out his arm for her to take. He headed back to the castle and unloaded the horse, carrying the bags over his shoulder. When they got back he brought the cloth to Carlos, gave him the measurements he needed and informed him that Donna was chosen for Alivia's head maid position. 

He then too her new clothes to her room, letting her put them away while he did his, then headed to his study, and into his own personal use room getting paint and everything together. He sat down after getting everything organized and started to work on the sign. 

"I do. Okay I can do that and I'm glad." she said in reply before eating the last chip that was left while he paid for their meals. After she was done eating, she took his offered arm, and then headed back with him to the castle. She watched as he gave Carlos the cloth he had gotten and listened as he gave him the measurements he needed, starting to head up the stairs as he (Quadir) also told him (Carlos) that she had chosen Donna to be her head maid. She then thanked Quadir for bringing her clothes to her room after she followed him there, starting to put them away where she thought they should go as he went over to his room to work on the open/closed sign for her shop.

As she put her dresses away in the closet and her new shirts and pants away in the dresser drawers, she hummed softly to Truffle who was still in the sling over her chest as she knew that all of the movement she was doing might wake him up and make him upset. She also gently petted him with the tip of her finger, smiling a bit when she heard him purring.

Edited by SkySong278

When one side was painted, he set it dry while he fed Void.  After that he gave her another flea bath, dried her and curled up on his couch to read a book. He was in the middle of one when he kept getting interrupted or busy with other tasks. So he took this time to relax and read some more of the story, humming to himself before falling asleep.

((Mind if the TS to a couple weeks later?))

((no, not at all :)))

A couple of weeks later, Alivia was busy with her store and was working on some orders that customers had requested in the back room. She also had a couple of employees helping her out and handling other customers as she worked on making the jewelry that was requested. There was also some music playing over some speakers in the building, but it was mainly jazz to keep the mood a relaxed one. Sometimes, she also had Truffle with her with a collar on so everyone there knew who he was and wouldn't take him and the music was also for him. (will edit if needed. only thing I could think of)

Edited by SkySong278

((that's great!))

Quadir wore the mask periodically but soon got adjusted to keeping it on his side. The kittens had been so malnourished, they were actually two weeks old when they got them and now at three weeks where taking wobbling steps and their eyes and ears are open. Void had taken a liking to riding on Quadir's shoulder around the castle and was quite the curious one. He came into his wife's shop with a big cloth bag and Void on his shoulder, in a mini vest the same teal color Alivia had picked out, matching Quadir's vest as he wore his indigo shirt underneath his vest. "These are the gemstones you ordered, plus some more stones from the miners. They are really grateful for the Witches Stones you sent them. The lantern idea with the mirrors on their helmets really help out a candle can only give so much light. Where did you come up with that idea? Having a stone being held in place, with a small mirror or reflective material behind it mounted on their helmets. And these... Speakers you call them are nice too. " He said as he looked at the corner of the room where a full red glowing stone glowed as the music played. They where hooked to the gramophone where another red stone sat on top of the needle and transmitted the sound magically through the air. 

((okay :)))

Alivia looked up when she heard everything that Quadir said, seeing him in his new vest with the color of the material that she had picked out for him along with a new shirt he had bought with Void on his shoulder wearing a matching vest. “Thank you for bringing those to me. I’m glad they like them and could you thank them for me? Oh um I got it from a book. I was looking for safer ways for the miners to work in the mines. The speakers were also another idea I found in another book of how to get music to play everywhere and not just in one place. Thank you. You and Void look nice by the way,” she said in reply to everything he said with a smile before reaching up and petting Void with a finger and then resting her hand against his cheek and rubbed her thumb against it. “Oh I made you something,” she said as she pulled her hand away and had her attention be on a gauntlet he could wear on his wrist that had a cat face in its center before picking it up and giving it to him shortly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"Really? Because I think your dad has given you help with some ideas. He is ancient and from another plane of existence now... " He chuckled and leaned into her hand as Void purred when petted. "The teal matches Void's eyes." He stated before seeing the gauntlet. He took the peice gently and then strapped it to his arm. He ran his fingers over the cat face. "It's beautiful. I'll always think about you when I wear it. I see you are still wearing the bracelet I made. I made a second matching one of a Tod fox with a cub and tied it to your father's wrist." He said still looking at the design.  "I hope he likes it."

"Then I guess it was a combination of both. The books had instructions on how to get them set up. I see that," she said in reply with the smile still on her face and a bit of a blush on her cheeks before watching him put the gauntlet that she had made him on and then listening to everything he said afterward. "I'm glad you like it, and I'm also glad you'll do that. Of course because it's beautiful and I also think about you every time I wear it. I'm sure he will," she said in reply to everything else he said as she noticed that he was still looking at the design on the gauntlet. "I put a cat's face there because it's both one of your favorite animals, and also because you sometimes remind me of a cat. When you're irritated or content, you sound like one and when you're angry you look like one; minus the back arching."

Edited by SkySong278

He was surprised at her comment about him reminding her of a cat. "Huh. I didn't know that I did that. No wonder I get along so well with my ahem friend." He said indicating the mountain beast that was his friend. Given that there where other people inside the store including a few customers he didn't want this information out in public knowledge. 

He went behind the counter with the bag and set it in the back room vault till she needed it. He then sat down and scooped up Truffle and Void setting them both on his lap to play with them. "I'm going to hang out here. I already patrolled the cave system where the miners are for Wargs and did all my duties for the month but Flo is still trying to get me to work." He sighed. "Mind if I join you for a while? Seems like this business is going well so far."

"You huffed like an irritated cat and bristled like an angry one back at the ball. You sometimes do it often while at the castle. You also purred recently which reminded me of a content cat. Mm yes that's probably why," she said in reply with an even bigger smile on her face than earlier. "Would it be okay if I made some jewelry for you to bring back to him to decorate his home with? It might help with him getting a girlfriend." She took his cue on there being other people in the store so instead of using "mate", she said "girlfriend" instead.

"Okay and it sounds like you're hiding from Flo. Not at all as I enjoy your company. Maybe you can help me with a few of my order requests to have them get done a bit faster. Yes it is and I'm glad for that," she said in reply to his last couple of statements and question with a small giggle after he joined her in the back room with both of their fur kids and was playing with them in his lap while sitting in an empty chair.

"Absolutely, do ones in silver and aquamarine, and ones in amethyst too. Aquamarine and amethyst are considered wealthy gems. Alright, go from one work to another, I see how it is. What do you want me to do?" He said chuckling softly.  He gladly got to work with her project for him and was entirely focused. 

It was nearing dinner time when Flo ran into the store out of breath and panicked. "My Lord,my Lady! The crown prince Paul, lord Gunther, Mayor Evens and the Prince Andrew are awaiting your presence in the second drawing room! " 

Quadir who was organizing a display didn't even look up. "Only entertain Paul. The others ignore. Tell Paul I'm working with my wife right now and will see him in a moment. " He said calmly.  Flo looked mortified at the statement. "But my Lord? You'll make two Prince's wait for you?" She questions. 

"Paul will understand. He's the only royal member who has been nice to me. He became my friend in the capital, and although we haven't seen each other, he still sends me letters and was present at both my mother's and father's funeral. He'll be respectful and wait for me. The other I do not acknowledge as a prince. The other two are not welcome in my house, treat them as interlopers. " He stated. Flo was pale but nodded and left. Quadir heaved a sigh. "Looks like we have unannounced guest Alivia. Let's finish this then go and meet them. " 

She wrote down what he said of what kinds of gems to use in the jewelry she could help make for his snowbeast friend, nodding in both reply and understanding to what he said those color gems meant. "Thank you and alright. I'd like you to help me finish this other piece while I finish up another," she said in reply to his advice and question with a smile before going back to working on the bracelet and necklace she was almost finished with.

She was just finishing up on the bracelet with putting the clasp on when Flo came in and said all that she did. She sighed a bit, not really wanting to see the last three she announced were there but was interested in meeting the first one. The two employees she had hired had gone for the day earlier when the customers that had been walking around and looking had left.

She listened to Quadir's response to Flo's announcement as her focus then went to being on finishing up on the necklace by putting the rest of the gemstones on the chain and then adding the clasp shortly afterward. She picked them up and put them in the safe behind the counter with a label that said that they were completed order requests, closing it after and then listening to the rest of the conversation between the two which also included what he said to her (Alivia) after Flo left. "Aw okay," she said in reply with a sigh and a slightly sad face. She flipped the sign to the closed side before pulling out the key to the store out of her pants pocket. "Well then shall we go see what they want?" she asked by the door with also an inquiring head tilt.

"Unfortunately. Oh.. one moment." He said and put his mask back on mostly for intimidating purposes and gathered their fur babies before heading to the castle. 

Handing the kittens to Flo as he walked inside, he strode to the drawing room and threw open the door. "Prince Paul! Pleased to be your host this evening. What draws you here?" He said striding into the room ignoring the sputtering of Andrew and Gunther at their lack of treatment by the staff. 

"Lord Maelstrom, I know have been married for a little bit, however that is not why I am here. Someone attempted and assassination against the royal family and you killed the man before we could interrogate him. As you are aware, an investigation is taken place with me at the front. " Paul said. "I don't mind waiting myself, however I don't appreciate the treatment of your other guests that are, by extension, with me. Did you order such on your part?" The crown prince inquired.

"I did not expect to receive an Inquisition for my inhospitably twords the men who have made my life miserable, threatened my wife and acted equally inhospitable twords me when I entered their home. Now, they are in mine. I gave you my version of the events. Why do I need to get a in person interview?" He said as he got his wife some tea, brewing it himself before sitting down. 

"You'll be stripped of your lordship if you keep this up Maelstrom!" Growled Andrew. "Need I remind you, the King has no jurisdiction or authority here? My title was not bestowed upon me by any law or force of man. Nothing other than the Deity could revoke my place. Keep your silence or be gone of my place. Now..." He said turning back to the crown prince. "What occurred that night was, I was asked to meet Prince Andrew, lord Gunther and mayor Evans out in the garden with my wife. We went outside at the appointed time, and saw nobody waiting. On edge and feeling like it was another tactic to toy with my nerves I was scanning the gardens when my wife shouted. Turning around I saw the man in the vandarea, running away witlist my wife had a dart in her shoulder then jumped after him throwing him to the ground. By the time I went back to check on my wife, I removed the dart, smelled poison and turned to find the cure. By then the three had finally showed up confining the man. The real cure was inside the assassin's mouth. Curing my wife, I stated that any and all whom try to harm her would meet a worse fate then the man, then killed him. I can smell and see everything, I made note of the sents on the assassin, what smelled old and what was new, small details of those around me and got my wife to safety. " He deadpanned the events. 

She sighed sadly again when she heard what he said in reply to her question then nodding in reply when she heard that he’d be an additional moment before seeing him put his mask on and then also pick up both Void and Truffle. She followed being him back to the castle after closing and locking the door to the store behind them.

She barely glanced at Lord Gunther and the third prince when they got to the drawing room where they were waiting with the Crown Prince, sitting down on a settee there while Quadir both handed the kittens to Flo and acknowledged the latter. She put on her most pleasant and polite smile as she listened to the conversation.

She then frowned the slightest bit when she heard what all Paul said and asked in return, wondering why he was being a bit harsh with her love when they were friends. Then she got a bit confused when she heard that the assassination attempt had been on the royal family which she knew was a lie, wondering if Andrew had said that to cover up the real reason before hearing her love’s reply with a question and then taking the tea with a nod of thanks.

Her confusion then turned into a glare when she heard what Andrew said in reply to what Quadir had said in response, having it then turn neutral once more when she heard his explanation of everything that had happened that night. She didn’t say anything, but did want to point out that the assassination attempt had been on Quadir and not Andrew since he hadn’t been there. She just kept it to herself since she didn’t want to get in trouble so instead, she took a couple sips of her tea.

Edited by SkySong278

"Hmm.... Andrew, didn't you tell me that Quadir stepped aside and his wife so his wife and you are both killed, she getting shot in the back?" Paul said sipping his tea calmly. 

"Brother, that story is a ploy! Would you believe a monster over your own flesh and blood?" Andrew whined. "He never wanted marriage, and she's a murderous witch! Why wouldn't he-"

Bang!  The tea cups rattled on the table as Quadir jumped up and planted his boot on the coffee table leaning in close to the Prince with a low growl making a chuff sound much like a leopard would. "My wife is no murderer! You dare say such insulting words to my wife in my house and on my land? Why would I kill her? What reason can you give me that can support what you say? Tell me, why would I plot to kill my wife and you when I can easily rip you limb from limb if I wanted to? The day we got back to the castle, you know what Lady Alivia did?" He snarled leaning in close to the Prince. He then reached up and slowly took off his mask. Gunther covered his eyes, Evens shouted "He's trying to turn him to stone!" And Andrew sat looking terrified until it turned to utter confusion seeing the face underneath. 

Paul jumped up in shock. Now the prince was indeed a good looking man, messy blonde hair, eyes the color of amber, but even compared to Quadir's face it held no candle. Where as Paul's face was periportal, small things like a eyebrow that arched slightly or a small freckle under his nose became noticeable compared to the complete golden ratio that made up Quadir's flawless features.  Even with his brows wrinkled into a frown and his lips thin in anger did he appear like an angel who was disappointed in mankind. 

"She broke your curse?!" Paul said astonished. "Did you know that she could?" He asked after composing himself. 

"The day she arrived here she said she was a witch who had the ability to break curses. Although I told her I didn't mind the curse believing that was the source of my strength, she saw how much it caused me to suffer. Apparently every Lady Maelstrom has been trying to figure it out for centuries. My mother asked her to continue their work. " He said and straightened to his full six foot seven inch frame.  He then strode over to a stool and set his mask down on it. "I killed that man to let those who did plan to kill- not the second rate son of a concubine Prince you call a brother- but me, I made sure it was quiet clear. Now my wife saw this attempt on my life and prevented it. To provide evidence, your brother was promised my land if I was to die without an heir. Granted, the King simply said that to shut him up, and your father told me as such. He knows what without my blood this kingdom will fall. Lord Gunther has been monopolizing the witches stones and unfairly charging me a fortune to the point where he offered a half years worth of simple light stones for the ruby mine he's been eyeing near the border of his land. As for Evens, well without me looming over him, he can delve into debauchery and over tax the people. I keep him in check for half of his town's farmers have their homes built over on my side of the border. " 

Paul said nothing as Evens and Gunther turned white, as Andrew turned red with anger. "Your blood keeps this kingdom safe? Bah! That's just a myth! Everyone knows that!"

"Did you see the statue in the courtyard? It's feet were dark with years and years of blood. If Gunther has to sacrifice an animal to his artifact for rain, why can't a bit of blood on mine to protect this land plausible? However, now there's no need for bloodshed. When Alivia broke the curse, she is now considered the adopted daughter of the Deity. With her here, he'd protect these lands without blood." "You have proof of this statement?" Paul said, still taking things in stride and listening to the full story before making conclusions. 

At this Quadir rolled up his sleeves showing his arms without any marks. "How is that-" "Silence Andrew! You know very little about the Maelstrom family, that is proof. To sacrifice blood, Quadir had many cuts on his arms even back when he was eight years old. His arms hold no scars. Only the Deity is capable of such a thing. You three leave now and stay at the inn. That is a royal order!" Paul demanded and the others, as if under some spell, left the room without a sound. 

Alivia outright glared at Andrew when she heard what he called her, trying to hide her expression that was now sad and with her eyes having tears in them by looking down at the floor but she wasn’t quite able to hide the sniffle that emitted soon after. Is that what he (Andrew) really thought of her or did he just go with what Evens told him, which was a lie?

She barely heard everything that Quadir said in anger to the third prince, now feeling very depressed. She raised her head with her eyes now glimmering with the tears a few minutes later when she heard the gasp and what Evens shouted, seeing that Quadir now had his mask off and it was resting on a stool. She wiped them away before focusing on the rest of the conversation.

She nodded when she heard Paul’s questions about her breaking his family curse although they hadn’t been directed at her and at Quadir instead, nodding again but this time in confirmation when she heard the former say that she could break curses. Then she sighed when she heard what all Andrew said and asked in response as a challenge and wanted to say something, but didn’t as Quadir said everything that he did.

When Paul dismissed the other three after Andrew tried to say something else that would’ve been, what she thought, was another weak excuse she finally spoke up. “I didn’t murder anyone. That was just a rumor spread by the townspeople that live in the town I lived near. Most of them didn’t trust me and were paranoid. It was also a falsified arrest charge by Evens.” Then she looked down at the floor again before adding shortly afterward as she thought that maybe she shouldn’t have said anything, “Sorry.”

Edited by SkySong278

Paul and Quadir looked startled at her sudden outburst. Quadir, finally seeing how upset she was quickly went over to her and brushed her cheeks with his handkerchief. "Shh.... Hey, it's okay. Once the Prince or princess chosen by Ammar issues a royal order, they have no willpower and have to comply. They left now. Shh.... Do you want truffle and Void?" He asked gently then got up retrieving the kittens for her to cuddle with. 

He then turned to Paul with a snarl. "Not only that, but that wretched man's men made plans to violate her until nightfall when they were supposed to come. I can not carry judgement on those not of my lands without permission of the lord Gunther, however you overrule his authority. " Paul seemed to slouch in the couch, at ease now, looking more like a goofy guy who never really grew up than a Prince. "There's nothing to be sorry about Lady Maelstrom. You have every right to stand up for yourself.  You could have smacked his face until you broke his nose and I would have done nothing to stop you. As a Maelstrom now, you only have to answer to me and the King directly. All the other people are simply formalities. I believe I should expand your territory Quadir. Your land is abundant in their resources and your people fed half of the capital when the blight hit.  Father and I made sure it was the less fortunate to be fed with your territory's share of the relief that came in. I can not give you Gunther's land, however Even's town and the towns beyond that to the border of Gunther's land I can give you. Feel free to drive him out. 

I came to investigate the Truth of what occurred at Lord Gunther's party.  Father should have told that to Andrew, although my brother, he's not the brightest when it comes to sarcasm. I'll inform father and punishment will be decided upon my return. I'm sorry I barged in on you two unannounced and with them in tow. " He said softly

Alivia sniffed again as Quadir came over with his handkerchief and brushed her cheeks with it, taking away the tears that had smeared on them. She only nodded in reply to both of his statements regarding them being gone and also him getting Truffle and Void for her to cuddle. When they were in her arms, she cuddled with them and started to feel a bit better.

She listened to the conversation between her love and Paul and said in reply to the statements that were directed at her as she looked up at him with a small smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes, “Please call me Alivia and I was tempted to do just that. Not just to the third prince, but to Evens as well. Good to know for future reference, though.” She then looked back down at their fur babies after she said what she did to continue cuddling them, listening to the rest of the conversation as she did so.

“It’s alright and if you’d like to get something for your wife while here, please stop by my jewelry shop in town. You can buy something in the cases on display that are already made or I can custom-make something for you,” she said in reply to his soft apology that he said at the very end.

Edited by SkySong278