AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

“Oh sorry that I misunderstood again,” she said before also blushing a bit when she heard what else he said in regards to him being nervous about their wedding night. “I-I am as well. That’s understandable and I’m starting to feel a bit nervous as well because I don’t know any of these other people. Okay and that makes sense. No I don’t mind,” she said in reply while also whimpering a bit after she had said her statement about not knowing any of the other people that were there and resting her head on his shoulder.

((I thought I had posted this, but it was still in the editor instead))

Edited by SkySong278

He kissed her head tenderly and watched as the crowd got bigger and the line grew shorter. When the last few people were left in line he kissed her lips softly then went up and took the baby from Paul letting the people give their gifts then announced that the baby will put to bed. He carried the new princess to his wife, took her hand and walked from the ballroom. 

He lead them to the baby's room and made silly faces as he got her into her pajamas then sat down in a rocking chair and hummed softly like he did when Void was a kitten until the child fell asleep. He carefully set Astiri down and turned out the lights leaving a glowing purple crystal to light the room. "Let's go get some sleep love. " He whispered to his wife. 

She smiled a bit when she felt the tender kiss against her forehead while also having her attention be on the growing crowd and the thinning line. She kissed him back on the lips before watching him go over to Paul and retrieve Asteri, hearing him announce soon after that she was going to be put to bed. She took his offered hand when he came back over to her and then walked with him out of the ballroom.

She giggled a bit when she watched him make funny faces while dressing the princess into her pajamas and then listened with a smile on her face as he hummed softly to her until she fell sleep. She then nodded in reply when she heard what he said to her after he had turned off the lights and left a softly glowing purple crystal behind for light. “Alright,” she said before taking his hand and then leading him back over to their rooms afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He got ready for bed behind a screen and crawled into bed afterwards. 

In the morning he woke her up with tender kisses and gave her a tea to help wake up and set out a comfortable outfit for her before saying he'd go down to the carriage to wait for her after saying goodbye to his friends and the baby.

She got dressed in her nightgown after they arrived to the room and got into bed before he did and then snuggled close to him after he got in as well.

She woke up when she felt the tender kisses he gave to her, thanking him for the tea that he gave to her as she knew that it would help wake her up. She nodded when she heard him say that he’d meet her at the carriage before she got out of bed and got dressed into the outfit he had gotten out for her. After she was dressed, she made the bed and then headed outside to the carriage but didn’t get into it just yet.

Quadir ran out the door fifteen minutes later. "Sorry love. Where you waiting long?" He helped her in the carriage and got in after her sitting across from her. "Had to get the ring, I had forgotten to pack it and panicked when I thought I lost it in the room. Good thing the maids turned it over to Anastasia. "He sighed in relief. 

He red his books curled in the corner when they arrived at the portal and when they where in the middle of the magic circle that glowed gold, a flash of white happened and the scenery changed to the city just before his territory in Count Simion's land. He looked over his book letting it drop limply from his hands and looked blanched and a little green. "Nope..." He darted out of the carriage and went behind it to dry heave up whatever liquid was left in his stomach. By the time his queazynes went away he was curled on the ground. "Ah! Ow.... Ugh.. please don't look dear this is not a pretty sight. Very undignified."

"It's okay and not at all. I was just enjoying a bit of fresh air," Alivia said in reply to Quadir's statement and question before being helped into the carriage and being followed by him soon after. She got settled on the bench across from him when she heard everything that he said after. "Ah okay and I'm glad that you found it because otherwise that wouldn't have been good."

She was mainly looking out the window behind her when they got to the portal and then watched with curious fascination and interest when there was a white light, keeping her attention on the circle when the scenery that they had been in seemed to change to a city instead of the woods that they had been in moments before. She then had her attention be on him when she heard the book fall out of his hands, looking a bit concerned when she saw that his face was a bit pale and green. She was about to look out the window again when she heard him being sick but then only ended up saying, "Alright" when she heard his polite request for her not to since he said that he look a bit undignified.

Edited by SkySong278

After a moment to recover his bruised dignity, Quadir straightened and heaved a sigh wiping his mouth. "I may have boasted about having a strong stomach and voiced concern about you, however my stomach seems to not be well with instant travel. Either that or maybe it's because of my hightened abilities suddenly bombarded with many smells and sounds at once made my insides churn. "He rasped out taking a long drink of water someone handed him with a sigh and got back in the carriage, laying down across the bench on his stomach humming softly to not regurgitate the water he just drank. "This is what I get from a brief and fleeting moment of pride. Nature's way of telling me I should remain humble although the curse is lifted. " He mumbles then reached out for her hand in comfort. 

“It’s alright and maybe it was a bit of both of those things,” she said in reply just before she heard him drink some water that was given to him. When he got back into the carriage and settled on the bench across from her again she smiled a bit at him before hearing the rest of what he said, taking his reached out hand in one of hers and holding it while also rubbing the back of it with her thumb. “Possibly but it could’ve also been something else as well.”

Edited by SkySong278

"I did have a lot of sweets last night before bed. " He grumbled as the carriage began to move and they headed into the city. "I'll have a light breakfast and some ginger tea when we stop to eat. " He softly squeezed her hand closing his eyes having a short nap. 

The knock on the window woke him about five minutes later when they where in the restaurant part of the city. "Hmmm. Pick any place love. We can get snacks from the bakery here too..." He said groggily rubbing his eyes like a sleepy child. 

"Then maybe that's why and sounds like a good plan," she said in reply before squeezing his hand back and then letting go of it afterward just as he fell asleep to take a short nap. She looked out the window above the bench he was laying down on for that length of time and jumped a bit when she heard the knock against it five minutes later.

"Alright and sounds good," she said in reply to what he said regarding her picking a place for them to eat at as well as them getting snacks at the bakery there when he woke up. "What about a place that has pasta and garlic bread?" she asked before noticing him sleepily rub his eyes and hid a small smile behind her hand as she thought it was a really cute action.

He got a confused look while rubbing his eyes. "Pasta for breakfast? We can stop for lunch later but it's not even passed nine yet..." He said confused slightly, looking at his watch to see if he was wrong on the time. Yep 7:45a.m.  He blushed when his stomach, now void of absolutely everything, complained so loudly in the carriage the footman peeked into the window in concern. Seeing there was no animal inside and the Lord's face a blazing pink as the man clutches his stomach, the footman righted himself to his former position giving them privacy once more. 

Quadir hugged his belly tightly. "I'm just really hungry. If we can find a place that serves lunch early we can get pasta and garlic bread. " 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t look at my watch before I suggested that to see what time it was. I’m just really hungry and I guess I’m also craving pasta,” she said in reply while also being a bit embarrassed as well. She then also looked at her watch and saw that it was only around 7 and close to 8 before looking over at her love when she heard a growling sound come over from his direction, also looking a bit concerned but for a different reason as she thought that he was going to get sick again or something else.

“Alright or maybe we can find a breakfast place that serves a lot of breakfast options along with goodies like muffins,” she said in reply after her concerned look faded after she heard that he was just really hungry. She looked out the window behind him and spotted what she thought might be a breakfast place and asked as she pointed it out, “What about there? It also looks close so maybe we can park the carriage here and then walk over there.”

Edited by SkySong278

~*~*tsing a couple of weeks later~*~*

Two weeks or so later found Alivia feeling very nervous and standing next to her father’s statue. She had helped with the prepping of the wedding decorations, but didn't look at them now or even the pretty colors of the leaves and the children running around as she was both lost in thought and her feelings. She was wearing her white and silver wedding dress with a gold chain braided in her hair, courtesy of Donna’s help, and a red half fox mask over her face that didn’t cover her mouth. She had received it shortly after they had gotten back from their goddaughter’s Christening. She had gone to a craft place in town before their trip and had ordered the half mask in a fox shape and for it to be ready in time for their wedding. She was also holding a bouquet of white thorn-less roses while doing some breathing exercises to help steady her rapidly beating heart and to also help her to not be so nervous. “Are you ready father?” she asked the statue while not caring that people might think that she was crazy after not feeling as nervous as she had earlier.

Edited by SkySong278

The next two weeks where a blur as the wedding preparation set in. The air was warm for mid autumn. The courtyard by the castle was filled with people from the city dressed in colorful clothes with baskets of petals in front of them, children darted around in masks wearing their Sunday best. As soon as she spoke to the statue and the air shimmered around it, the clamor stopped as the spirit appeared and stepped down taking her hand in his, a large grin on his foxy face and his horns decorated with leaves and gold draping. He pressed a kiss to her forehead then started to walk her down. Quadir was at the end, standing with Merry, and a large white leopard that had pale blue russets and lovely violet eyes and a pink nose. That must have been his friend. Quadir shook the spirit's hand and took Alivia's hand. "Take care of my daughter. " He muttered and Quadir nodded. "I will even with my last breath sir." 

She smiled a bit when she felt the soft kiss her father placed on her forehead, still smiling at everyone assembled on the edge of the courtyard as they passed them. She then had her attention mainly be on Quadir when her eyes laid upon him standing at the end with Merry beside him and his friend as well. She then squeezed his (Quadir) hand when she felt him take her hand after her father gave it to him before hearing their hushed conversation afterward. After they were done, the officiator started to say what he needed to and then it got to the “I do” part.

“Alivia Hazel De Maelstrom do you take Quadir Phobius De Maelstrom as your husband to love and cherish for as long as you both shall live?” “I do,” she said with the smile still on her face. “Quadir Phobius De Maelstrom do you take Alivia Hazel De Maelstrom as your wife to love and cherish for as long as you both shall live?”

Edited by SkySong278

"I d-" "I object!"  Came the Princess striding down the aisle. She waved a document. "And the King has called off this marriage himself!" She said shoving herself between the lovers and waving the paper in the officiator's face. The man took the paper and studied it then wordlessly handed it to Quadir. If looks could kill, the princess would have dropped dead from the raging glare Quadir was making in her direction. He snatched the paper and stood up to his full hight. "Why is it that everyone makes a point to ruin my happiness? You went to a old, senile King who has gave up power to his first son long ago, and is merely a figurehead now? Signed by the king, ha! You think just because you are a princess that I'd marry you? I was there when you had your conversation with your friends. I heard every word you spoke after I asked you for your hand in courtship and you rejected me. Every word you said did this to my heart." he said towering over the woman. He tore the paper in half. "When you told them I was rich but hideous," he put the two pages on top of each other and tore it into quarters. "That you would rather kill yourself then marry a grotesque beast." He ripped the papers again and again until they where like confetti with every other word he spoke. "And now that I can show how I really am you, you want to have me to yourself is that it? You are a spoiled, narcissistic, petty brat! I have always been this handsome, however I believe if you found out my line would have died with you uttering those words out of jealously! You pathetic little girl! " He threw the now shredded paper at her and leaned in close to her muttering so low only the few by them could hear. "It would be best if you leave..." However the people around started shoving cotton in their ears and covering their children's ears when he paused, everyone except for Ada, who covered Alivia's ears for her, being careful of her hair. "NOW!!!!!!"  He roared so loud the princess fell on her rump ears ringing, as a small avalanche was caused in the mountains behind the castle as it reverberated off the cobblestone and shook the windows. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alivia's smile faded when she heard the princess' words that interrupted Quadir's response, turning to look at her before she was rudely shoved by her. She glared at her as well but it didn't have the same effect that her love's did. Her glare then faded to be just a frown when she heard everything he said the princess had said to her friends after rejecting him, thinking that it had been rude of her to do that before watching as he tore up the document that she had brought into confetti-size pieces with everything he had said before he threw the pieces towards her. She couldn't help but have a slightly smug look on her face when she heard the rest of what he said before that action and then readied herself for what would happen next when she could tell that there was a pause. She briefly looked up at her father, Hei, when she felt him cover her ears, smiling a bit in thanks for doing that and then had her attention be on Quadir and the princess afterward just as he roared what he did. She jumped slightly when she heard the windows shake along with seeing the small avalanche in the mountains before composing herself and saying to the princess with a flat voice, "I'd do what he says if I were you."

Edited by SkySong278

The princess scrambled to her feet in a undignified manner and ran off sobbing. Quadir heaved a sigh and got back into the position. "I Quadir phobias Melstrom take Alivia Hazel Melstrom to be my beloved wife. I do." He said softly once everyone has unplugged their ears again. 

Both the officiator and Alivia watched the princess go before having their attention go back to being on Quadir afterward. The officiator nodded and Alivia smiled once again before it was time to exchange the rings. She picked up hers for him that was made with rose gold and silver, designed to never tarnish, and put it on Quadir’s finger after handing Donna her bouquet of flowers while saying what she needed to afterward while repeating his words. Then it was her love’s turn.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir took his ring from Merry and said his vows while slipping the rose gold ring on her finger. It was a little fox with emerald eyes and it was bitting on it's silver tip tail. The rose gold was worked with intricate knotwork that had red enamel over giving it a pink-red hue. It was delicate but suited her very well.  "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!" And with a broad grin Quadir sweped her to the side so she was in a dip and kisses her lips tenderly. Now with his face millimeters away from hers she can see he was wearing light makeup, a eyeshadow that brought out his blue grey eyes, even spotting flecks of silver and turquoise in them. His lips where tinted a light pink with a lip balm that smelled like cherries but tasted like strawberry whipped cream,he righted her with a purr like sound. "Now we are officially husband and wife Mrs. Melstrom..." He said softly stroking her cheek. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alivia briefly examined the ring as it was put on her finger, smiling even more and a bit happier as well when she saw the design that was on it and thinking that it was both very pretty and cute while also liking it a lot. She smiled even bigger than earlier when she heard the officiator proclaim what he did before being swept over to the side by Quadir and dipped, kissing him back just as tenderly as he did her afterward. She noticed the light make-up that he had on which were an eyeshadow that brought out the silver and turquoise in his eyes and the lip balm that caused his lips to have a tinted light pink color to them. She thought it tasted very sweet like strawberry whipped cream before pulling away and being placed upright again, liking the purr-like sound he emitted soon after. "I'm glad," she said in reply to his soft statement while also placing a hand on his cheek. "Should we head to the reception now?" she asked him a few minutes or so after and then looked over at her father. "Speaking of, would you like to stay for it?"

Edited by SkySong278

Hei nodded and smiled brightly. "I would be honored to join! " He said. They all files into the castle and went into the main banquet hall to sit and eat the massive meal prepared for all of them. Quadir pulled out his wife's chair and sat down next to her. It was both her favorite meal and his favorite meal allowing the people to choose between the two meals for their main course. 

Alivia nodded with the smile still on her face before heading in with everyone else into the castle and then into the main banquet hall afterward. She nodded in thanks to Quadir after he pulled her chair out for her and then scooped some of both her favorite food and his onto her plate shortly after. She took a few bites of both foods before taking a sip of her pink lemonade and then going back to eating again after swallowing the drink. "Do you have any ideas for where we might go for our honeymoon?" she asked after swallowing those other bites of food and a few other sips of her pink lemonade.

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir choked on his lemonade. "I didn't think that far." He admitted. "Is there a particular place you want to go? I can see if I can make arrangements. I don't exactly like leaving my land for long periods of time especially when winter is around the corner... " He said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. He felt like leaving the land three times in such a short amount of time was enough travel for the rest of the year and was content with staying home and reading a book in a few quiet weeks before winter started.